Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
So I'm a Spider, So What? (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jun 4, 2021 4:51 PM
Mar 2014
Wrong studio choice for great story.. still enjoy it tough... lol
Jun 4, 2021 4:53 PM
Feb 2015
For those who don't like Shun's side, you can be happy, after this battle there'll be only kumoko's side for probably the rest of the season, not that there are many episodes left anyway.

This episode cut some pretty fun parts from the LN, plus animation quality droped so much, kinda disappointing, Shun's side is much better in the LN because you get to actually know about the world and why things happened.
LiosansJun 4, 2021 5:07 PM
Jun 4, 2021 5:09 PM

Apr 2015
No words, this animation was atrocious... Hugo and Sophia were pretty much 3DCG all the time and Oka-chan was mostly 2D, like what the fuck.

Entirely focussed on the human side, so no Kumoko either, even if she did appear a few times in her future form.
Jun 4, 2021 5:20 PM

Oct 2018
a lot of CGI, not very beautiful episode.
Jun 4, 2021 5:32 PM
Dec 2016
Abyhape said:
the CGI is so horrible, and no Kumoko. what a letdown episode. Boring human side, Kumoko should have just show up and tell them who's the boss.
The CGI is worse than overlord 3 at least there we could'nt see the faces of CGI soldier but here we see CGI elves making 0o0 faces when they're stabbing a man. Jeez I wonder why the sudden switch they couldve done a panning still shot for the portions with large amounts of fighting/people and it would've been a lot better.
Jun 4, 2021 5:49 PM

May 2007
Really liked this episode in that it moved the story forward at a better pace.
Jun 4, 2021 5:59 PM
Dec 2019
I thought the chapter was so so. That was until the final minutes. These turned it into garbage in my opinion.
Jun 4, 2021 6:35 PM
Nov 2017
No spider, no party!
Jun 4, 2021 7:15 PM

Jan 2011
laughing my ass off this week man..this was a rough episode to get through everything was just bad, no matter what anyone says about the source i will not believe them say this was a good adaptation at this point

the cut of teach saying how good they are in their home town was like alright shes played warhammer elves get like +5 movement and range in forests to the fight taking place in a open ass field you can't make this up lol
Jun 4, 2021 7:16 PM
Oct 2020
did the teacher realy kill one of the student cuz the name in the student list like male name student ?
Jun 4, 2021 7:18 PM

Jul 2008
Just what the hell did I just see?! The quality fell 8 points in this episode!!
What is this, Arifureta?! >.<

The only thing good about this episode is the our lovely Kumoko was not there to be poorly animated!
My candies:
Jun 4, 2021 7:45 PM
Dec 2010
This is just the worst adaptation. EVERYTHING is bad. Curved troop models beating the void. Animation in the form of Powerpoint effects and lame staging . I want to punch director Millepensee in the face. He deserved it.

I'm sorry that Kumoko got caught by this studio.
Jun 4, 2021 8:51 PM

Jan 2013
Gotta be honest, i guess this was the worst episode so far lmao
No Kumoko at all like, c'mon. I could never get really interested since she wasn't there, it's already episode 21. And they end the episode showing some random new guy? C'mon, definitely the worst episode.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 4, 2021 9:38 PM
Mar 2021
I'm still enjoying the episode. Atleast i can see Kumoko just for few seconds to break the barrier. Ninja in Isekai? It's something good to see, really i like kusama part. Well finally i can see Wrath face. About Shun part, i only see him as villain just like how Kumoko does. I want to break him more until he dies. That's how i hate Shun most.

For people who dislike this episode just for Kumoko scene only, you're just like Shun (Dumb and Naive) watching over her because she is OP MC only and skip most important story.
Jun 4, 2021 9:44 PM

Sep 2014
Crap episode, no spider=chan.
Jun 4, 2021 10:30 PM
Dec 2007
the animation cared as much about this episode as I did while reading this part in the wn/ln, I could not care at all about the human side of this at all, and it forced me to just quit due to how long the human side was going on for and how little I cared about it.
Jun 4, 2021 11:06 PM
Jan 2018
AivanK said:
No Kumoko at all like, c'mon. I could never get really interested since she wasn't there, it's already episode 21. And they end the episode showing some random new guy? C'mon, definitely the worst episode.

Kusama isn't important at all, that's basically his only scene until nearly the end of the story where we'll get his second and last scene lmao.

alidan said:
the animation cared as much about this episode as I did while reading this part in the wn/ln, I could not care at all about the human side of this at all, and it forced me to just quit due to how long the human side was going on for and how little I cared about it.

You really don't get the story at all do you? The entire thing is 2 sides of a coin. You can't have one without the other. The entire story is about choice. Choosing a side, what to fight for.
Jun 4, 2021 11:39 PM

Jan 2014
Christopher_Lum said:
Abyhape said:
the CGI is so horrible, and no Kumoko. what a letdown episode. Boring human side, Kumoko should have just show up and tell them who's the boss.
The CGI is worse than overlord 3 at least there we could'nt see the faces of CGI soldier but here we see CGI elves making 0o0 faces when they're stabbing a man. Jeez I wonder why the sudden switch they couldve done a panning still shot for the portions with large amounts of fighting/people and it would've been a lot better.

ikr, it's like watching vtubers on an action adventure anime, lmao
Jun 5, 2021 12:12 AM
Sep 2019
Noo I have to wait for the next episode!!! The fact that that is my only thought means this episode was kinda boring. Uh, I like the OP tho! The Demon King vs Kumoko is pretty poggers with the music!
Jun 5, 2021 12:20 AM
Nov 2018
I give this episode a solid 0/10.
Jun 5, 2021 12:22 AM
Nov 2018
poisonedbite said:
AivanK said:

Kusama isn't important at all, that's basically his only scene until nearly the end of the story where we'll get his second and last scene lmao.

alidan said:

You really don't get the story at all do you? The entire thing is 2 sides of a coin. You can't have one without the other. The entire story is about choice. Choosing a side, what to fight for.

But the human story is awful
Jun 5, 2021 12:25 AM
Jul 2012
holy fuck, what a useless episode, 0 spiders out of 5, why would you even care about those boring-ass characters.
Jun 5, 2021 12:36 AM

Oct 2008
What the EF!!?!?! no Kumoko at all! LAME!
but i hate to say this! it was an awesome episode!! ahihi
5/5.

Jun 5, 2021 12:43 AM

May 2016
billybub said:

Speak for yourself, alot of us aren't watching this "just for the spider"
Huh....Yeah Yeah come back after reading comments and say that again.
Jun 5, 2021 12:55 AM
Apr 2020
I thought the one whos breaking the barrier was kumoko. In the previous episode the demon lord mentioned about a disobey spider and then the scene change to a woman near herv (the same woman that breaks the barrier), i thought it was a hint for kumoko, am i wrong?

Jun 5, 2021 1:05 AM
Sep 2020
Utter GARBAGE BORING EPISODE! NO KUMOKO! JUST IDIOT STUDENTS! WHAT AN UTTER BULLS** GARBAGE EPISODE! I DONT WANNA SEE THOSE SH** STUDENTS SIDE OF STORY! F**** BULLS**** EPISODE!
Jun 5, 2021 3:36 AM
Mar 2021
Muzan2020 said:
I thought the one whos breaking the barrier was kumoko. In the previous episode the demon lord mentioned about a disobey spider and then the scene change to a woman near herv (the same woman that breaks the barrier), i thought it was a hint for kumoko, am i wrong?
yup that's the hint.
Jun 5, 2021 5:45 AM
Mar 2015
Battle of the reincarnates
Jun 5, 2021 5:55 AM
Feb 2017
Gainslayer said:

But the human story is awful

Are you sure? Maybe you are not looking good enough.

In this episode Oka says that Hugo is manipulated by admins but is it really true?

Hugo is helped by Sopia who we know works for Demon Lord. We also know from one of spider episodes that DL was basically a sidechick of that Goddess Sariel who later was sacrificed to save the world (taboo skill). We now that D was the one who proposed this new system. Would DL really help administrators ? On the other hand GuliGuli is shown on a DL council as one of the generals.

We also have a church. Shun belives that church guy is manipulated by Hogo skill, but in one of the previous episode I got the impression that he is sane and is the one manipulating Hugo. Does church knows about Demon Lord side helping Hugo? And if yes then why do you have a situation where Humans,Church and Demon Lord fight together against elfs?

Many people also believe that Kumoko is now 10 commander in DM army. If so how all of this helps safe the world?

in light of all of this you can see how much mystery there is, which for me atleast is not boring.
Jun 5, 2021 6:20 AM
Mar 2020
For an episode with less spider content than I expected, it was alright. It was high stakes time now.
Jun 5, 2021 6:39 AM
Oct 2012
It's sad how a good story is so bad animated.
Jun 5, 2021 6:45 AM

Nov 2014
Shame for bad quality. Hugo looked super cool here. That armor and sword is pretty awesome and I'd love to see quality fight animation with it.

Only 3 eps left... I'm starting to lose hope for timeline merge.
Jun 5, 2021 6:55 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Holy shit. Why they waste this episode with such a dissapointed animation. Lot of ugly cgi. I can barely see them all. Oh well, its sucks, definitely decreasing my enjoyment to the maximum, tbh. They really hate the human side, eh? I wonder why they wasting time by adapting this part, really....

Anyway, story wise, Shun finally begin to battling Natsume. The prophecy will soon be real, i guess. But, someone lurk behind kinda have me worry. Cause that dude on the last section, may use the hectic situations and steal Shun power, like Oka-chan said. I dunno, why she still hide the fact of her being the administrator too. But, well, lets see next!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 5, 2021 7:27 AM
Jan 2018
dandon223 said:

In this episode Oka says that Hugo is manipulated by admins but is it really true?

Hugo is helped by Sophia who we know works for Demon Lord. We also know from one of spider episodes that DL was basically a sidechick of that Goddess Sariel who later was sacrificed to save the world (taboo skill). We now that D was the one who proposed this new system. Would DL really help administrators ? On the other hand GuliGuli is shown on a DL council as one of the generals.

We also have a church. Shun belives that church guy is manipulated by Hogo skill, but in one of the previous episode I got the impression that he is sane and is the one manipulating Hugo. Does church knows about Demon Lord side helping Hugo? And if yes then why do you have a situation where Humans,Church and Demon Lord fight together against elfs?

Many people also believe that Kumoko is now 10 commander in DM army. If so how all of this helps safe the world?

in light of all of this you can see how much mystery there is, which for me at least is not boring.

You really wanna know? Because I'll tell you with frickin huge spoilers. Seriously, beware.

Jun 5, 2021 7:31 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good episode, the war in the present timeline has started. Animation quality was tolerable, at the very least it was not as bad as episode 14 lmao, and you can tell what was happening. I'd rather prefer CGI than whatever the fuck episode 14 was. Still pretty mediocre storyboarding though.

I wonder which administrator Oka was referring to, I think Gilly-gilly wouldn't do something like that. D is just chilling watching shit go down for the lulz, so I wonder which administrator wants to take the powers of the reincarnations. Oka just no scoped Yuri bruh. Yuri do be crazy though damn. Really looking forward to the next episode.
Jun 5, 2021 7:33 AM

Jan 2021
It's sometimes really silly when powers can be so hilariously lop-sided. Like, there is literally no way anyone there can scratch Sophia and she is absolutely nothing compared to Ariel or Shiraori. And they know they can't beat Sophia so what is the actual plan here?
Jun 5, 2021 8:13 AM
Sep 2017
Is the show going to go back to being like the first season? The human plot side of this show is mind numbingly horribad.
Jun 5, 2021 8:23 AM
Sep 2017
lornatalks said:
It's sometimes really silly when powers can be so hilariously lop-sided. Like, there is literally no way anyone there can scratch Sophia and she is absolutely nothing compared to Ariel or Shiraori. And they know they can't beat Sophia so what is the actual plan here?

There is no plan. The writing in this show is <50 IQ ass pull retarded. It was good when it was a fighting show with good animation. Now it's neither of those things
Jun 5, 2021 8:37 AM
May 2020
No Kumoko. No left out the best part of the show in this episode. Ffs
Jun 5, 2021 9:13 AM

Dec 2017
I don't understand why there is so little Kumo in Kumo anime. I read WN, is LN more focused on humans as anime is?
Jun 5, 2021 11:09 AM

Jan 2013
Unibert said:
There is no plan. The writing in this show is <50 IQ ass pull retarded. It was good when it was a fighting show with good animation. Now it's neither of those things

You don't need big-brain writing if the majority of your "worldbuilding" is "mystery"

slavemaster_1991 said:
I don't understand why there is so little Kumo in Kumo anime. I read WN, is LN more focused on humans as anime is?

I didn't read the novel but judging from the reaction from the light novel readers fawning over how important he is, I estimate 90% is him.

"I failed to put any spider in my spider isekai so what?"
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jun 5, 2021 1:27 PM
Jan 2021
sKyBlazer08 said:
Pretty good episode, the war in the present timeline has started. Animation quality was tolerable, at the very least it was not as bad as episode 14 lmao, and you can tell what was happening. I'd rather prefer CGI than whatever the fuck episode 14 was. Still pretty mediocre storyboarding though.

I wonder which administrator Oka was referring to, I think Gilly-gilly wouldn't do something like that. D is just chilling watching shit go down for the lulz, so I wonder which administrator wants to take the powers of the reincarnations. Oka just no scoped Yuri bruh. Yuri do be crazy though damn. Really looking forward to the next episode.

Given that the last Hero and Demon Lord tried to kill Administrator D, you can guess.
Given that the System was set up by Administrator D to save the world (information from Taboo infodump), it makes you think about whether the elves care about the world.
Oka was probably told those "legends" by Potimas (the leader of the elves and her father).
You can take it from there. Potimas tells one side. Administrator D and Güli-güli tell the other.
Jun 5, 2021 1:35 PM
Jul 2020
Shun as a character is so generic and boring, this whole battle feels so anticlimactic, Kumoko had been carrying this whole show, she alone would be a 8/10, human side alone is 6/10, this episode however as I said feels anticlimactic, 2/5
Jun 5, 2021 1:35 PM
Jul 2020
Shun as a character is so generic and boring, this whole battle feels so anticlimactic, Kumoko had been carrying this whole show, she alone would be a 8/10, human side alone is 6/10, this episode however as I said feels anticlimactic, 2/5
Jun 5, 2021 3:18 PM

Jul 2009
wow, so bad wow wow
Jun 5, 2021 4:45 PM
Apr 2018
Didn't know I could actually manage to watch an entire episode on 1.5x speed. Congrats me for getting over that exhausting episode. I hope next weekend we gonna see an improvment of the animation, because that war scene was almost traumatic.
Jun 5, 2021 5:11 PM
Dec 2017
el_morris said:
Oh man, this pendejo (or princeso, male princess, as we call him in latam) really pisses me off, the author really gave him the bothering isekai protag profile, the guy who always does what thinks is right and always try to save everyone, job well done right there.

Funny enough this is the point.
I think that what Hyrince didn't portrayed it well enough, Shun is basically a reverse Julius. Julius motto was "Let's save as many people as possible".

Shun's own idea of what is a Hero is wrapped because he lived all his life hearing about how strong, kind and courageuse Julius was, it also didn't helped that Shun only heard about Julius victories and not the times he needed to retreat.

I think there's a scene in the novel were Yuri says that she thinks that Shun is a hypocrite for calling her a zealot when he worships Julius almost at the same level she does with the Word of God.

Also, it doesn't help that Shun is the Ruler of Mercy, this is the skill Shun used to revive Katia and as we already know there're skills that affect the mind of the user (like the ruler skills).
Jun 5, 2021 5:25 PM
Dec 2017

tbf that's more an adaptation issue, but being serious it a rather common action to skip all the internal monologues when adapting LNs... And it doesn't help that this novel been in first person means that 90% of the text is internal monologue.
No one in Shun's group but Oka and Shun wants to defend the Elves. In the novel it's pretty funny when Hyrince says his idea of only protecting the students and letting the Elves be slaughtered, and Katia's whole actitude was "I like that idea".

Also, I love how the adaptation made Shun's group more stupid than they are in the novel.
Katia never actually trusted Oka since the very beginning (The first day of the Academy classes) and Shun stopped to fully trust her after the coup of his kingdom.
Jun 5, 2021 6:16 PM
Jun 2021
I think Ive got a challenge for my fellow anime onlys. Describe any of the other non spider reincarnations without mentioning goddamn Shun/Schlain. Because none of them are actual characters, theyre all just satellites of Shun. If Shun didnt exist would any of these characters be able to stand on their own story wise? Maybe Oka-sensei?
Now try to describe Kumoko without mentioning her species. Is she only defined by being a spider? I think not.
Jun 5, 2021 7:55 PM

Jun 2012
What a piece of shiit episode... I can get the gist that the human side story has potential to be good but it's so bad handled, good god... No wonder most people prefer Kumoko story, it's simpler and straightforward.

R-N3T0 said:
The ninja guy managed to be more interesting than the Human Hero already.

Yup this
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2021

370 by Youtube_Zero »»
May 9, 5:10 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 7, 2021

138 by LunaInkChan »»
Apr 26, 11:17 PM

» So there's no romance in there?

rishamr - Mar 25

12 by SwordBreaker36 »»
Apr 19, 5:07 AM

» As a LN reader, it hurts that this probably won't get another season

NXT_2006 - Feb 15, 2023

14 by DonKhixote »»
Apr 5, 4:02 PM

Poll: » Kumo Desu ga, Nani ka? Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2021

162 by Ratris_Decision »»
Mar 7, 4:07 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.