Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To Your Eternity
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 3, 2021 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tbh, I like the world building of this show with its colorful settings. And this time, there's the country of Yanome being explored by the cast.

One character to watch out for is Hayase. She's just bad news with her authoritative and combat skills. Poor Fushi. I feel bad that he had to cross paths with her.
May 3, 2021 7:20 AM

Jul 2017
The journey to Yanome, and the sacrifical ritual a "tradition" in the most corrupt sense.

Literally chunks of Dororo moments between March and Fushi, and Parona tagging along because she got captured as well. They're no longer the women of Nihannah, but women of Yanome. Of course, keeping them at bay is the only way they'd not make it out alive.

Such an atrocity when sending Yanome warriors and shamans towards Fushi's way just to dissect its immortalty, truly brutal of Hayase who's just a messenger. March got the easy way out by being in charge of taking care of Oniguma.

Parona did a good job defending her escape from the Yanome, and even disguising herself as one of the people for a quick escape. But this escape plan wouldn't come easy.

Probably the first episode
KANLen09May 3, 2021 5:52 PM
May 3, 2021 9:49 AM

Apr 2018
The world building is really amazing.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
May 3, 2021 9:54 AM
Jul 2018
another really nice episode, this city seems and stuff seems very interesting and looks like this arc might be coming to a close soon, cant wait to see how it turns out!
May 3, 2021 10:02 AM

Feb 2019
Desperately waiting on Utada Hikaru to drop Pink Blood on Apple Music/Spotify.

Another really well adapted episode from Brain’s Base. Did a good job of selling Hayase’s betrayal. Parona got some great shine today as well. Motivated by the life that her sister gave her, she’s determined to make a difference. Loved how she turned on that rapey guard.

Was expecting pain this week, but I guess they’ve paced it for next week. Also, man these episodes go by so fast.
May 3, 2021 10:04 AM

Jun 2019
March is beyond adorable. She's so honest and pure. I love how she acts around Fushi and how much she cares about him. Acting just like a real mother to him.
MArch and Parona end up in Yanome and got tricked into thinking that they'll have a good life there. While they treated Fushi horrible trying to kill him all the time. That was painful to watch especially when he was saying, "Itai". But, once again March really melts my heart every time she says something. Oniguma sama also died this episode. I think he was just mistaken and he was in pain because of all those arrows. March even took care of him after all that. Such a sweet child.

Looks like Panome has a plan to escape from the prison. We'll have to see if that'll work out or now. But, overall great episode as usual.
May 3, 2021 10:08 AM

Jan 2021
March very cute as always (≧◡≦)
Ninanna's map reminds me a lot of Spain 0.0
March taking care of Oniguma was really beautiful
The plan to escape has already started, I hope they succeed
May 3, 2021 10:11 AM

Jul 2020
Backstab the backstabber by backstabbing the backstabber's people to backstab the backstabber that backstabbed your people by lying. Yup, did not expect that episode, honestly though march and co were going to be safe but instead used as chap labour and fushi was going to have Ajin scenes happen to him all over again!

EDIT- Just realised whilst recording and editing my video that after Fushi gets stabbed, that's when he synced with Onigura, since we see a white lightning bolt like thingy appear for a split second and that's why he kept saying it hurts repeatedly, since he was linked and when the arrows were removed then he could finally rest and said thank you. Makes more sense now lol
LeviathanHWDMay 3, 2021 11:40 AM
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

May 3, 2021 10:11 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Sure that this situation wouldn't stay optimistic and they got jailed, but great that Parona is helping them to escape, she was great to be honest!
May 3, 2021 10:12 AM
Sep 2015
WTF that big bear wasn't dead yet? But it is dead now anyway and Fushi can transform into it now.
May 3, 2021 10:18 AM

Jul 2019
phantomfandom said:
WTF that big bear wasn't dead yet? But it is dead now anyway and Fushi can transform into it now.

I really hope he does
May 3, 2021 10:20 AM

Jul 2019
I really like how competent the two girls are, you can really trust them to do the job

I like Hayase as a villain too, I want her to get eaten by Fushi when he transforms into the bear
May 3, 2021 10:26 AM

Feb 2020
Another great episode. The world building here is fantastic.

AOTS besides Super Cub.

5/5.
May 3, 2021 10:38 AM

Aug 2020
I'm guessing Fushi will gain the form of that bear.
May 3, 2021 10:40 AM
Jan 2021
Can't wait till Fushi says "kuso"
TATAKAE!! TATAKAE!!
May 3, 2021 10:52 AM
Feb 2018
As expected, they're cutting away so much stuff it's starting to feel a bit rushed
May 3, 2021 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
The pacing was slightly faster than normal, but still decent enough to be a fine watch nonetheless. Particularly admired the world building as a whole in this episode, and Hayase's betrayal while predictable and expected, was solidly executed nonetheless. Going to be interesting seeing how they all escape from this one. Also nice seeing Fushi slowly evolve too with now being able to repeat a couple phrases now and slowly adapt to eating methods too while sitting properly at the table, although he's still got a long way to go to be proper there.

4 episodes in and this show's been really good. 3rd best anime of the season behind 86 and Vivy (ignoring Kingdom 3 returning this season) so far, and just an enjoyable, chill ride so far with an interesting concept and world surrounding it.
May 3, 2021 11:08 AM

Oct 2020
I love the way Fushi just repeats the words that he learned. Our main group is in quite a predicament after getting backstabbed by Hayase. Fushi could probably transform into the big bear now. I can't wait to see the escape!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 2021 11:12 AM

Apr 2021
I don't know... with every episode things have gotten more generic. Now they're eating takoyaki. Frankly I'm only curious about how the start of the whole story, up in the arctic, will figure in its ending - who those people were and stuff. The current characters, not so much.
May 3, 2021 11:20 AM

Jul 2011
After this episode I fear if Parona will die because of plot, after was cool know more about her.

Believe in Hayase is like the Kingdom Hearts meme.

My hold up moment of this episode, is know that Oniguma was still alive and they got to transport for more than 20 days without him waking up.

Next episode The Rock, become the top of the food chain.
May 3, 2021 11:27 AM

Jan 2008
I'm assuming that Fushi was linked into Oniguma as he was dying.

Oniguma was a monster but he was in a lot of pain. Glad March was able to help him find peace.

I do agree it felt slightly rushed but it portrayed what it was supposed to. I think I might pick up the Manga so I can catch up on bits the anime has missed.
May 3, 2021 12:05 PM

Jul 2014
That last thank you from the bear to March through Fushi made me feel bad for the bear. It's even worse when you realize that all those "it hurts" that Fushi kept repeating were also from the bear :'(

Why do you have to be evil, Hayase.... Parona best girl <3.

It looks like Fushi will transform into the bear in the next episode. Hype!
May 3, 2021 12:13 PM

Jan 2021
I felt bad for the bear ngl....glad fushi freed it of its pain
May 3, 2021 12:16 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Another good episode. I hope before long that we get a scene with Hayase getting punched in the mouth after all her cruelty.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 3, 2021 12:17 PM

Mar 2021
It was great when you realize the the it hurts was actually the feelings that he was getting from the giant bear. What i'm interested to see though is if fushi feels the emotions of all of those around him because it also looks like Parona fell that Fushi felt it. What dose it mean when they said the vessel was opened? I do feel like we can expect Fushi to turn into the bear now as well and that will be cool.

Hope to see the answers to these in the next few episodes.
★・・・・・・★
If you wish to treat this incident as our nation’s scheme, that is fine by me. History is written by the victors. All of your false accusations will soon be erased.
★・・・・・・★

Nov 2019
They just can't make Parona badass in this adaptation.
But this was very good episode. My favorite so far.
SupercuecaaaMay 3, 2021 12:22 PM

Jan 2017
Pre_Yum said:
March is beyond adorable. She's so honest and pure. I love how she acts around Fushi and how much she cares about him. Acting just like a real mother to him.
MArch and Parona end up in Yanome and got tricked into thinking that they'll have a good life there. While they treated Fushi horrible trying to kill him all the time. That was painful to watch especially when he was saying, "Itai". But, once again March really melts my heart every time she says something. Oniguma sama also died this episode. I think he was just mistaken and he was in pain because of all those arrows. March even took care of him after all that. Such a sweet child.

Looks like Panome has a plan to escape from the prison. We'll have to see if that'll work out or now. But, overall great episode as usual.

agreed :pepecomfy i'm curious and full of hope for this anime. i loved the first ep and i'm hoping these build ups will make it a beautiful journey that i can rate high in the end
no remorse holds no recourse
now i'm leaving slowly
oh won't you hold me?
May 3, 2021 12:30 PM

May 2018
Was that shaved ice? (08:45) ...or a joke about shaved ice and actually being rice with sort of a ketchup on top of it?

Like obviously they have not refrigerators or near by glaciers.
alshuMay 3, 2021 12:51 PM
May 3, 2021 12:32 PM
Wings

Apr 2017
It was unfortunately inevitable that Fushi would be captured in order for some faction to try to unlock the secret of immortality.

With that faction being Yanome, we did get more insight on the ritual that March was put under (as well as Parona's sister).

Parona makes a plan for escape, but it ends with her falling into a better one (literally).

Next episode, it seems pretty clear that the thing Fushi will turn into is the Oniguma.
May 3, 2021 12:40 PM

Mar 2016
This episode felt so absurdly off in terms of pacing and composition. For example, the part where Fushi as a wolf getting cut down to flash scenes was just jarring as hell, and felt more comical than intense like the manga depicted, tbh. Apparently from what I remember, a bunch of explanatory content was cut, most of which involved telling us as viewers whether or not that big-ass bear was dead. Yes, it DID indicate near the end that the bear is now fully deceased, but not very well as they could've. As a result, I spend nearly half the episode wondering whether or not that thing was dead or not for good until Parona confirmed it so, as I did not remember the details from the source material at the time. If other people were able to easily figure it out, then cool, but the anime should've made it more clarified. It was simply subpar directing, to put it lightly.
The worldbuilding parts weren't too bad, but they were nothing special and not something I'd call immersive or impressive. The characters still don't connect with me whatsoever, though I find Fushi's evolution somewhat interesting, at least (Hayase still a bitch). To me, this episode was poorly composed, and considering my already indifferent impressions with this adaptation prior to this, this was a very disappointing and perplexing display this week, imho.
May 3, 2021 12:55 PM

Feb 2012
So the Yanome are keeping up with the Ninannah's barbaric rituals with fake priestesses because it's actually a way to keep them satisfied while the Yanome conquer their lands/resources.

Fushi speaks in human form for the first time. Are the clothes part of his body, I'm really confused, because it appears when he transforms out of wolf form but they were later removed? Can he generate unlimited amounts of fur for Parona make rope out of (if that's what she was doing in her cell)

Digging a tunnel under the bars with ease as a wolf.

Oniguma wasn't dead already? I was hoping Fushi would turn into it or something, could he still?
Fortress_MaximusMay 3, 2021 1:04 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
May 3, 2021 1:08 PM
Dec 2019
It jeeps getting better. And here I thought this was gonna be a trashy fantasy anime. I got my arrogant stereotype ass got slapped
May 3, 2021 1:09 PM

May 2018
As expected the evil lady was evil indeed. It definitely does hurt T_T
May 3, 2021 1:12 PM

Jun 2014
They really censored the scene where Parona was about to be raped
May 3, 2021 1:27 PM

Nov 2014
KANLen09 said:
The journey to Yanome, and the sacrifical ritual a "tradition" in the most corrupt sense.

Literally chunks of Dororo moments between March and Fushi, and Parona tagging along because she got captured as well. They're no longer the women of Nihannah, but women of Yanome. Of course, keeping them at bay is the only way they'd not make it out alive.

Such an atrocity when sending Yanome warriors and shamans towards Fushi's way just to dissect its immortalty, truly brutal of Hayase who's just a messenger. March got the easy way out by being in charge of taking care of Oniguma.

OOH, help's on the way, and Parona's sister is here to save them. But this escape plan wouldn't come easy.

Probably the first episode
whatchu mean parona's sister is coming to save them? She's dead.

I do agree the pacing is a bit fast. The plan that went thru Parona's head went a lot slower in the manga, so slow i legit thought that's what was happening.
May 3, 2021 1:31 PM

Nov 2014
Fortress_Maximus said:
So the Yanome are keeping up with the Ninannah's barbaric rituals with fake priestesses because it's actually a way to keep them satisfied while the Yanome conquer their lands/resources.

Fushi speaks in human form for the first time. Are the clothes part of his body, I'm really confused, because it appears when he transforms out of wolf form but they were later removed? Can he generate unlimited amounts of fur for Parona make rope out of (if that's what she was doing in her cell)

Digging a tunnel under the bars with ease as a wolf.

Oniguma wasn't dead already? I was hoping Fushi would turn into it or something, could he still?

Oniguma is dead.
The clothes are part of its body. Fushi doesn't transform into people's body and wear clothes on top of it. Its transformation includes clothes as well, so the clothes are a part of its body. Thats why when March took off Fushi's clothes, you see them stretching the skin as if the clothes are merged with the skin.
May 3, 2021 1:31 PM
Feb 2018
Ok, let's all mutually agree to riot if march is hurt.
May 3, 2021 1:34 PM
May 2020
I have started reading the manga last week, so seeing these episodes kinda sting in a good way now :')
this anime is on its way to become a masterpiece if it goes like this... imo
May 3, 2021 1:51 PM

Aug 2008
First episode was interesting but since second one, it turned into pretty average action series with transforming plot device (or MacGuffin if you want). Hunter girl surviving fall like that and defeating an armed guard despite unavoidable concussion held as strongly as rope made out of wolf's fur... It's probably better to lower exceptions for this show. Doesn't look like there will be more depth to it than in any other run of the mill title.
Ii tenki desu ne...
May 3, 2021 2:05 PM
Jul 2018
another great episode. i really love march so much. I can't stop smiling whenever i see her motherly instincts on
May 3, 2021 2:18 PM

Apr 2020
When Fushi kept repeating 'It hurts' around Oniguma and then finally said 'Thank you' after he looked at oniguma.. was that him expressing oniguma's feelings?
May 3, 2021 2:26 PM

Nov 2016
Hayase got em good. I will believe in her till the very end or alternatively a flashback.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 3, 2021 2:35 PM
Jun 2012
And thus my faith in the adaptation's pacing as been cemented. I thought at most the chapter count this episode would be 3, but the fact that they were able to get all the way up to the beginning of Chapter 9 is incredible.

The last 10 minutes felt like it had the same sense of perfect pacing as the first 3 episodes, which makes me really excited to see the next episode!
May 3, 2021 2:35 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Another beautiful episode, what else can I say. Perhaps it feels like it's moving along at a brisk pace but I wouldn't go as far as to call it rushed. Haven't read the actual source material but I think they have it set at a very acceptable pace despite probably speed running it JUST a bit.

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 3, 2021 2:57 PM
Apr 2014
alshu said:
Was that shaved ice? (08:45) ...or a joke about shaved ice and actually being rice with sort of a ketchup on top of it?

Like obviously they have not refrigerators or near by glaciers.

They were eating shaved ice in Japan a thousand years ago, so not that hard to believe that they would have it in this world as well :)
(Google "kakigori")
May 3, 2021 3:09 PM

May 2018
TheToad said:

They were eating shaved ice in Japan a thousand years ago

Romans too...but at this time of the year?
In ancient Rome in the middle of the summer they would send expeditions to the Alps just for a few cups of ice cream worth of snow/ice exclusively for the emperor and the insanely rich.

I mentioned glaciers for a reason you know.

TheToad said:

(Google "kakigori")

No, you read the wiki article more carefully.
May 3, 2021 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
SkyLETV said:
That last thank you from the bear to March through Fushi made me feel bad for the bear. It's even worse when you realize that all those "it hurts" that Fushi kept repeating were also from the bear :'(

I was wondering what was up with all the "It hurts" Fushi was saying, now it all makes sense. It does make me curious how this works, did he feel the pain the bear was suffering and expressed it for him? This just proves there's a lot of mystery to what Fushi can and can't do.
May 3, 2021 3:40 PM
Apr 2014
alshu said:
TheToad said:

They were eating shaved ice in Japan a thousand years ago

Romans too...but at this time of the year?
In ancient Rome in the middle of the summer they would send expeditions to the Alps just for a few cups of ice cream worth of snow/ice exclusively for the emperor and the insanely rich.

I mentioned glaciers for a reason you know.

TheToad said:

(Google "kakigori")

No, you read the wiki article more carefully.

From the Wiki:
"The origins of kakigōri date back the Heian period in Japanese history, when blocks of ice saved during the colder months would be shaved and served with sweet syrup to Japanese aristocracy during the summer."

The English Wiki didn't say how they stored it, but the Japanese one did. Apparently they used something called an "ice house" (氷室, himuro, hyoshitsu).
TheToadMay 3, 2021 3:47 PM
May 3, 2021 3:44 PM
May 2020
This shit is really good so far. Poor Fushi saying "it hurts" all the time, maybe because he got traumatized with the torture but it was kinda annoying tho lol. And it seems that it can copy their form only when they die, at least that's what I understood.

PS: I can't decide who is hotter if Parone or Hayase (anyone saw that ass? goodamn) so I choose both.
May 3, 2021 3:47 PM

Feb 2014
March is too damn adorable I can't
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2021

240 by poscula »»
Jun 2, 2:39 AM

» Hayase is getting too much plot armor

Andrekrep - May 19, 2021

30 by Dirittoprocedura »»
May 28, 4:26 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2021

158 by wallus81 »»
Apr 6, 12:30 AM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Usopp8000 - May 17, 2021

152 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Fumetsu no Anata e Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 10, 2021

345 by wallus81 »»
Apr 1, 7:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.