Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 17, 2021 10:17 PM

Sep 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
woahh!!! why everything is soooo fast?!!!!! Why Deku needs to leave UA? T----T

source: https://twitter.com/Atsushi101X/status/1372402226413498368
Mar 19, 2021 9:49 AM

Oct 2017
Bro Deku left UA, this is big. Holy shit.
Mar 19, 2021 9:50 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Wow, wasn't expecting the series to go in this direction this soon. First of all, I liked how Endeavor actually publicized the stuff he did in the past (and Hawks too). Regardless of whether he's a changed man right now or not, it's pretty important for the public to know the issues with heroes behind the scenes, especially the whole "trying to have offsprings until you hit a jackpot of an ability" ordeal.

But the whole Midoriya part was unexpected. Seems like everyone in U.A. now knows about OFA. The whole "MC-leaves-his-friends-and-becomes-a-lone-wolf" trope is fairly common, and if Deku does get edgier, then that would be an even more common trope. However, I do think the series needed a change in pace after kinda being the same thing for a long, long time. Though the recent arc was very good and probably a return to form for the series, this is definitely the prime moment for the series to take a different turn. Plus I think a change in personality for Deku might be refreshing, because his character was starting to feel a bit one-note imo. Idk if a timeskip is upcoming, but if not, then I think the story might focus on the U.A. students for a while instead of Deku. Regardless, I do think the series has hit its midway point and is probably entering its "Shippuden" phase.
Mar 19, 2021 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
chapter title is The Beginning of the End

"we are in the endgame now "- Doctor Strange

Deku leaves so that UA and his friends will not be attack by All For One group for sure

Deku x Ochako romance is delayed again huh
Mar 19, 2021 10:09 AM

Jul 2020
k, as much as i hate deku, ngl he did look pretty badass on that last panel
I am the handle of my mop
Rags are my body, and detergent is my blood
I have scrubbed over a thousand floors
Unknown to sick leave
Nor known to pay
Have withstood abuse to sweep many
surfaces
Yet those hands will never hold money
So as I clean, Unlimited Maid Works
Mar 19, 2021 10:13 AM

Dec 2016
WOW...
Damn I like Endeavor in this Chapter he is the best character in MHA imo ,"Just watch me" and other pro heros are ready to fight💪

And Deku WOW he left his friends🤯
I think he did this for his mother and I respect that💪
BUT where are Shoto and Bakugou??Are they with Deku!? I hope to see them next chapter🤔
Mar 19, 2021 10:32 AM

Sep 2018
uwaifutrsh said:
k, as much as i hate deku, ngl he did look pretty badass on that last panel

Same. I dont really hate him, just think that he's the weakest modern shounen MC character wise. I look forward to seeing his vigilante phase, hope Koichi shows up in the MS at some point!
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 19, 2021 10:34 AM
May 2018
Good chapter, I wonder if Deku now can use more freely the predecessors' quirks, I mean it was about time for them to not kick in in convenient moments.
Todorokio said:
BUT where are Shoto and Bakugou??Are they with Deku!?

Jesus, I hope no, Lord knows I've had enough with Bakugou meddling with OFA matters unnecessarily just because of a dumb slip-up of Deku.
Mar 19, 2021 10:54 AM

Mar 2020
Endeavor really has balls of steel to take all the blame and still protect everyone, I hope that he doesn't hurt his back lol.

Jeanist face reveal is awesome

Deku standing on that ledge reminds me of Spiderman...so SpiderDeku is now canon?

The most important thing is whether Deku can use his arms or not...judging from the scans it looks like he has some sort of bandage tied around so...
1st of March-The raid happened
2nd March-Prison break
3rd-4th March-Bakugo wakes up and the whole Todoroki past and Hawks past is revealed
5th March-Press Conference and UA is now a safe zone for citizen
April 1-Deku is now vigilinate SpiderDeku

Correct me if I am wrong.

So Hori saying that MHA might end soon wasn't a joke huh...
Mar 19, 2021 11:02 AM

Apr 2014
Dude. I am crying mentally so hard right now. Like seriously after all that is happening and All for One along with Shigaraki is making the moves. Things are going too hard right now. Deku barely finishing his first year of UA high and he just left to protect everyone and could not bear them to be in danger when the situation shows itself. He also decided to tell the truth to everybody before leaving too. Man. I pray to see Bakugou and Shoto finding out soon and knock some sense into him. He can't fight the Boss alone. Not to mention I hope All Might and the others know about this. It is a hard choice but it is something that one must not do alone.
Mar 19, 2021 11:31 AM
Apr 2018
Deku leaving UA to protect his friends and his mother, every chapter I'm loving deku's character more.
MY MC.
Mar 19, 2021 11:36 AM
Sep 2018
Deku is the most uninteresting character in mha, so when i heard that he basically gonna leave all the interesting characters behind, im dropping mha. I bet none of them ever gonna get any more developments and just gonna come back for one fight scene.

Seriously, i really hope they do SOMETHING about them. Mha have one of the more interesting character designs and casts but they had the worst developments.

Man, i continued so far because of my extreme favouritism for one character, realistically i would've dropped centuries ago. Since people that are left are basically deku lovers, probs gonna get hate.
MarnigeMar 19, 2021 11:40 AM
Mar 19, 2021 12:18 PM

Dec 2016
So ... Possibility for a time skip?
Will the characters design finally change, in order to be more grown up?
Will Mineta become taller and turn mega chad?
Mar 19, 2021 12:28 PM
Feb 2021
Todorokio said:
WOW...
Damn I like Endeavor in this Chapter he is the best character in MHA imo ,"Just watch me" and other pro heros are ready to fight💪

BUT where are Shoto and Bakugou??Are they with Deku!? I hope to see them next chapter🤔

That'd be awsome, they have taken a bit of a second seat, i'd love to see more abt them.
And hell yeah mad respect for Deku!!!
Mar 19, 2021 12:33 PM
Feb 2021
eXtripa69 said:
So ... Possibility for a time skip?
Will the characters design finally change, in order to be more grown up?
Will Mineta become taller and turn mega chad?

Ngl I REALLy wanted to see the other 2 users.... BUT MEGA CHAD MINETA?!
Mar 19, 2021 12:34 PM

Dec 2016
Broskei_ said:
Todorokio said:
WOW...

That'd be awsome, they have taken a bit of a second seat, i'd love to see more abt them.
And hell yeah mad respect for Deku!!!
yes Shoto and Bakugou they need to shine and have a full fights about them or else they will ending up a lost potential of a characters
Mar 19, 2021 12:42 PM
Feb 2021
alphazero4um said:
Dude. I am crying mentally so hard right now. Like seriously after all that is happening and All for One along with Shigaraki is making the moves. Things are going too hard right now. Deku barely finishing his first year of UA high and he just left to protect everyone and could not bear them to be in danger when the situation shows itself. He also decided to tell the truth to everybody before leaving too. Man. I pray to see Bakugou and Shoto finding out soon and knock some sense into him. He can't fight the Boss alone. Not to mention I hope All Might and the others know about this. It is a hard choice but it is something that one must not do alone.

I'm a bit worried that he told the truth to them. However, seeing Shoto and Katsuki, of a ppl, knocking some sense into him, telling him that he can't do everytning on his own and that he should relay on others (and all that typicall shonen speech, even if it can get tiring) would kick ass!
Mar 19, 2021 12:48 PM

Jun 2020
Deku saying again in this chapter that he is part of the best protagonists of modern shonen.
FearYagoNov 21, 2021 12:36 PM
Mar 19, 2021 1:07 PM
Nov 2019
Endeavor asking that lady if she wanted him to cry in front of her was funny as hell. He wants everyone to direct their anger at him directly and they seem to be doing that already.

Deku eaves everyone a letter and leaves. Certainly can't say I saw that coming, very curious to see where the story goes from here. Is this a permanent status quo shake-up or does someone, or a group of people, talk him out of it? If it's the latter they need to make an arc out of it. Something like Sasuke retrieval.
Mar 19, 2021 1:23 PM

Jun 2014
Damn so Deku is gonna dip for a bit so his loved ones aren't in danger. I wonder if this is potentially setting up a timeskip soon.....

Also, I was really hoping this chapter would pick up from the previous one and show us the other 2 predecessors that had their backs turned. I'm sure we'll go back to that later.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 19, 2021 1:50 PM

Oct 2019
Damn I really like the new design for Deku this last double page is badass.
Mar 19, 2021 2:53 PM
May 2018
i wonder if we are reaching the last arc? maybe a time skip will follow?? im looking forward to it if it happens
Mar 19, 2021 4:26 PM

Mar 2018
God dammit Endeavor, can you stop giving us peak fiction moment for 5 minutes ?! I swear every time this man's on screen this is just absurd how well written he is.

Turning the line that marked his start into a target to take all society's anger on himself. "Just watch me", same words totally different meanings, fucking hell this shit is so good.

So about that Deku panel, first it looks amazing, and the fact that it's a callback to chapter 1 intro page is a great depressing touch. I really wanna see what he's doing now.
That said I would have liked to see Inko reaction to his injuries first. After AMvsAFO, the discussion between her and AM was a peak in MHA's maturity and I wanted to see a scene like that since AM didn't keep his promise to keep Deku from hurting himself. Also Gran Torino's probably dead, finally lol.

My problem is that we're probably going to see those scenes in flashbacks, and I'm less invested in situations like this when I already know the outcome, not a big issue, but I wouldn't have minded if Hori took more time to adress the parents' views on the matter.

Anyway, fantastic chapter.
Mar 19, 2021 4:42 PM
Jan 2021
Yeah, I liked this one. The previous chapter too, tbh. Heavy for them to take so much pressure, but that's the top three for you.

And we finally get to have a peek at the other top heroes' conditions WHILE they were recovering. That's what I have been waiting for.

Deku leaving UA pretty much tells me that there will either be a timeskip or we are actually nearing the end of this whole series like Hori stated.
Mar 19, 2021 5:22 PM

Mar 2015
like the development, didn't like the way it build up. and chapter title implied we will enter new arc and the beginning of the end.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Mar 19, 2021 10:32 PM

Mar 2020
can anybody tell me who is OB?...He was mentioned by Nezu while he was talking on the phone.
Mar 19, 2021 11:49 PM
Sep 2018
Florent3571 said:
Also Gran Torino's probably dead.

probably not. remember when deku was in conversation with previous ofa, he was asured about gran torino's well being.

Let me guess about what will happen next...

- A time skip

- Deku is with Gran Torino

- New Character design

- Deku will be Deku, not so much change

- Deku might have new 2/3 friends introduced within next chapters. they were his comrades in timeskip

- one of these comrades is a female. There goes a new ship for Deku x '___'

- One of deku'e comrade is photocopy of Kacchan 😅

- AFO is hiding for taking over new body.

- One of AFO team member is hero who was in the prison hiding as a spy. probably that girl while prison brake

- returning of deku and co will happen between ua and delu's new comrades battle to fight for rights to fight a villain

- All might is still in UA

... I know almos 99.9% of them will turn just a fan theory. But why not 😁
Join the Last Parade for your anime Salvation
Mar 20, 2021 12:01 AM
Feb 2021
Ok I am loving where things are going. And I can't wait for the next chapter.
Mar 20, 2021 1:44 AM

Sep 2019
This just seriously happened, wtf.
Mar 20, 2021 2:14 AM

Oct 2020
I feel like this is a perfect opportunity for Deku and Stain to meet again
Mar 20, 2021 3:18 AM
Oct 2013
MegamiRem said:
Bro Deku left UA, this is big. Holy shit.

You're right....this is HUGE!!!!!! If I am guessing the logic behind this correctly...
1. He already has his hero license so can properly operate as a hero now
2. With less heroes around, he must want to take up the fulltime duty
3. Staying away from the school means keeping any danger following him away from his loved ones

Side note: Deku looks different in that last shot. Almost a "Stain-like" or maybe rogue presence to him. I dont know just a vibe I got. His eyes also look kinda sad or maybe empty 🥺😭
TokyoCrazyPXDMar 20, 2021 3:22 AM
Mar 20, 2021 3:38 AM

Mar 2018
Ciezul said:
Florent3571 said:
Also Gran Torino's probably dead.

probably not. remember when deku was in conversation with previous ofa, he was asured about gran torino's well being.

Then that means Deku stole an old man's cape !! He really has changed
Mar 20, 2021 7:38 AM

Jul 2020
The most saddest chapter in all of MHA.Never expected Deku to depart his friends at UA.This series is really turning to a dark pace.When Deku was standing like that at the last panel it really shook me.However if I would've read/watched many long running shounen I would've predicted this but this is really something.Considering the pacing this can even be longer than Naruto.All I can expect now is Boku no hero:Shippuden
ANIME ONLIES AREN'T READY AND NEITHER ARE WE WHEN THIS GETS ANIMATED!!
i_m_a_con_man said:
can anybody tell me who is OB?...He was mentioned by Nezu while he was talking on the phone.

The general meaning is Organizational Behaviour but I don't know the meaning in Mha
alphazero4um said:
So true.We need something like Aot Junior high.
ScordoloMar 20, 2021 8:55 AM

Scordolo's Recent Reviews
To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 20, 2021 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Well with Deku leaving, I guess I can't get my hopes up for the class interactions to return.
Mar 21, 2021 12:51 AM

Jun 2011
Well, it was inevitable for Deku to act like that and leave in order to protect everyone. What I did not expect is that it would happen so soon.
I can really feel the time skip coming in the next chapter, and it seems kinda sad. Would have been nice to see this situation happen during their last year in US... just saying.
Mar 21, 2021 2:17 AM

Jul 2020
LuckyAlix said:
Well, it was inevitable for Deku to act like that and leave in order to protect everyone. What I did not expect is that it would happen so soon.
I can really feel the time skip coming in the next chapter, and it seems kinda sad. Would have been nice to see this situation happen during their last year in US... just saying.

Ikr?He's just 16.Why did Hori had to do like that to him?

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 21, 2021 4:21 AM

Jun 2011
Scordolo said:
LuckyAlix said:

16 and and an inexperienced hero. Some may argue that he is a righteous boy with great potential, but that doesn't make his a PRO hero who can handle everything on his own. The dude just hit puberty and is already a lone wolf? Let's be reasonable. This should have been done during their 3rd year where he would have time to develop the quirk WITH PROFESSIONAL HEROES TO HELP HIM.
Something tells me that Hori read to much Naruto. Don't forget that he just introduced Hikage who chose to isolate himself in order to train. Maybe the "board of directors" in OFA concluded that that's the best solution (which isn't). Hopefully All Might & Bakugou tagged along with Deku. :-)
Mar 21, 2021 4:33 AM

Jul 2020
LuckyAlix said:
Scordolo said:

16 and and an inexperienced hero. Some may argue that he is a righteous boy with great potential, but that doesn't make his a PRO hero who can handle everything on his own. The dude just hit puberty and is already a lone wolf? Let's be reasonable. This should have been done during their 3rd year where he would have time to develop the quirk WITH PROFESSIONAL HEROES TO HELP HIM.
Something tells me that Hori read to much Naruto. Don't forget that he just introduced Hikage who chose to isolate himself in order to train. Maybe the "board of directors" in OFA concluded that that's the best solution (which isn't). Hopefully All Might & Bakugou tagged along with Deku. :-)

Yeah.You're right there.This arc is too messed up.He introduced the Meta liberation arc too soon which should've been introduced in their 2nd year and THEN the war arc should've been in their 3rd year.

To your eternity
Vanitas no Karte
Mar 21, 2021 7:05 AM

Mar 2020
@Scordolo @LuckyAlix Hasn't Deku seen enough? Had a near death experience many a times, had rescued a little girl and also helped her smile, also had recieved a letter of thanks from a boy who hated heroes, also had seen death of his mentor and the real image of his idol and he understood the responsibility of the power he has. I think that he is the only student who wants to know why people go astray and become villains and wants to help them. His friends and his peers had 16 years of experience of using their own quirks but Deku with only a year of experience had mastered 3 quirks and manifested 4. He is the only character who has matured the most ,even the third years would not have matured that much. He wants to be a change which he wants to see in this prejudiced and unfair world. Hori himself said that Naruto was his childhood so you can see parallels but it is different. I understand that you want the other characters also to devlop that mature thinking but fate just had Deku see all those things first.
Mar 21, 2021 7:10 AM

Oct 2017
Don't need UA when you can use a handful of quirks - the right decision.
Mar 21, 2021 9:09 AM
Oct 2020
Yo it’s crazy I saw midyoria grew to the person he is and right now the things are he have to grow up fast 😭😭
Mar 21, 2021 9:14 AM

Jul 2013
I'm sad. Deku is leaving UA. At least, he wrote his classmates sweet letters explaining why :'(

Endeavor and his sexy as hell character development. PR would say to lie or minimize Dabi's words, but thank goodness he was honest.
Mar 21, 2021 9:22 AM

Apr 2019
Now that is a good chapter.

Mar 21, 2021 9:38 AM

Jun 2011
i_m_a_con_man said:
@Scordolo @LuckyAlix Hasn't Deku seen enough? Had a near death experience many a times, had rescued a little girl and also helped her smile, also had recieved a letter of thanks from a boy who hated heroes, also had seen death of his mentor and the real image of his idol and he understood the responsibility of the power he has. I think that he is the only student who wants to know why people go astray and become villains and wants to help them. His friends and his peers had 16 years of experience of using their own quirks but Deku with only a year of experience had mastered 3 quirks and manifested 4. He is the only character who has matured the most ,even the third years would not have matured that much. He wants to be a change which he wants to see in this prejudiced and unfair world. Hori himself said that Naruto was his childhood so you can see parallels but it is different. I understand that you want the other characters also to devlop that mature thinking but fate just had Deku see all those things first.

Yes, Deku is the protagonist and yes he has encountered all those things that you've mentioned, but that does not make him a mature character. This whole decision of his to go away and hide/train is enough proof that he is still an immature teenager who thinks he will be able to protect his friends & family by being away from them. I'm surprised that All Might, his mom and basically every adult that knew he was going away agreed to let a young boy on his own in such turbulent times.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but, if memory serves me right, nobody gave a damn about Naruto's hidden tailed-beast power nearly until the end of the story. Most of the time he was just there to fight the bad guys and he was not targeted. In comparison to poor Midoriya who is basically the bad guy's main target before the time skip that is about to happen.
Though he indeed has some control of his quirks, this alone does not serve as an excuse to leave casually. Don't get me wrong, I love BNHA, that's why I want it to last longer, but, in my humble opinion, Hori rushed a little bit here.
This arc could have just introduced foreign heroes that could have also failed to stop OFA & Shigaraki. For me it would have been an awesome way to show that no hero is enough to stop them. The UA could also secretly move its students to another country in order to protect them and, most important of all, give Midoriya the chance to train with some other country's No1 hero. The possibilities are endless, but, alas, this is Hori's manga, not mine. haha :D
Mar 21, 2021 9:58 AM
Jul 2018
Deku left the UA?? now that's unexpected. the look on his eyes...i never seen that bfr on deku.what is this i smell?

i really hope he not going by himself though bcs wtf he is only 16
removed-userMar 21, 2021 10:03 AM
Mar 21, 2021 10:01 AM
Dec 2019
Was talking to some friends, and we're really wondering what this'll mean for Shinso. At this point, it's looking like we're not going to be getting the rest of their time in high school, so it sort've seems like Horikoshi has made Shinso's addition to Class A next year null and void, in terms of importance.
Mar 21, 2021 11:03 AM
Mar 2015
the final act of BHa begins
Mar 21, 2021 1:54 PM

Dec 2013
Midoriya telling his classmates about where he got his quirk was a huge shock to me.

Mar 21, 2021 4:41 PM

Feb 2018
Okay this last panel.. is hype. It's about to get down :O
Mar 21, 2021 5:32 PM

Jun 2015
GoldenDevilGamer said:
Wow, wasn't expecting the series to go in this direction this soon.

It's not that soon, we're over 300 chapters in already
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.