3It was OK
2.9%
2Disliked it
0.7%
1Hated it
1.3%
Average 4.8
3,191 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 26, 2021 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Watching Todo and Yuji kicking ass together is very satisfying. Glad to see they bring in their fighting spirit at its finest.

Hinami again demonstrates how scary he can be when he's serious. I love the art style and chereography of this fight again. A lot of shots highlighted the character expressions. Somehow, the episode managed to add some comedy thanks to Todo's affections towards pretty girls lol.

Eve Gojo is back and his blindfold is off! Another intense but very entertaining episode.
Feb 26, 2021 8:55 AM

Jul 2017
HAHA, so we finally got a reveal of the woman who inspired Toudou's signature sentence of "Who's your type of woman?".

Continuing last week's fight against Hanami, Toudou's "Boogie Woogie" hand-clapping technique truly is one worth fearing for. Couple that with Yuuji's mastery of Black Flash (and quite possibly breaking Nanamin's record of 4 times), the battle of brothers may seem probable towards Hanami's defeat. The OST coupled with the fight fits Toudou's personality to a T.

But of course, when it comes to Domain Expansion, Gojou-sensei has managed to break the barrier and with BOTH eyes revealed...and Principal Gakuganji with the electric guitar, the immense power displayed TRULY is non-standard.

What Mahito came here for, mission accomplished to steal more of Sukuna's Fingers for use. A diversion plan with success results.

Panda is Panda...not a cat nor dog person!

What FIRE episodes these few weeks have been with freelancers at the helm. Ready for some baseball action next week?
KANLen09Feb 26, 2021 11:17 AM
Feb 26, 2021 9:04 AM

Jul 2020
There we go! Itadori Yuji and Todo Aoi vs Hanami again!

But seriously, another boss episode after Yuji and Nanami vs Mahito, and the scenes were promising. Todo was pretty good at mind fight, and he was able to guard and attack against special grade curse almost equally. He really isn't called Grade 1 Sorcerer for nothing. I guess I underestimated his skills just because he is younger than Nanami I guess. Hope to see this guy more often in the later anime episodes.

But the mvp of this ep in my opinion is of course, our boy Gojo Satoru. Murasaki animation was just top notch, and his presence was just off the chart above any others. Thanks to that animator who drew animation for Murasaki.

Only thing that I would have to point out is that the first fight scenes looked a little stiff compared to the latter half, and the explanations scenes were often. That would be my only complain i got, and I know it's gonna trigger some of yall but this is only my personal opinion. TBH I'm just satisfied with the fact that we got awesome Murasaki animation. Today was my second favorite episode next to Yuji and Nanami vs Mahito.

As a person who already read the manga, I'm thinking the next episode will be the last episode of the Tokyo Kyoto exchange arc. Man, we only got 4 eps left for JJK.

zyrus43Feb 26, 2021 9:13 AM
Even if I'm alone, I'll go, even if I want to die.
I can hear your voice, saying I shouldn't die.
Even if it's difficult, even if I cry from loneliness
I can feel warmth from deep inside my heart.

Going round-and-round and flowing, time is ever-changing.
I can't remember what happened anymore, but
If I try and close my eyes, I can hear someone's laughing voice
For some reason, now, that is My Most Precious Treasure.

from Ichiban no Takaramono, by LiSA
Feb 26, 2021 10:22 AM

Apr 2013
Episode isnt even out subbed yet and there’s 9x 1/5 ratings. People really go out of their way to hate. Make it make sense when this is probably the best sequence of episodes we’ve had in JJK so far.

We finally see Boogie Woogie in action from Todo and Hollow purple from Gojo (and more Black Flash). Based MAPPA and bless the freelancer animators for the S tier art and animation these past couple of episodes. Elevated the manga material in this arc and that’s all I could’ve asked for.

Name a better bro and Flamenco dancer, bet you cant. 👏👏

Feb 26, 2021 10:38 AM
Jul 2019
Todo and Yuji vs Hanami was good stuff. Boogie Woogie was cool, liked how they did it. Hollow Purple’s visuals didn’t really fit with the manga and didn’t care for the electro ost, the beginning part of Gojo combining Blue and Red was nice though.
Feb 26, 2021 10:40 AM

Sep 2020
Out of 33, 9 already voted this episode 1/5 lol
Feb 26, 2021 10:42 AM

Nov 2016
Finally seeing the woman who turned Todo into a man of culture. Soundtrack was more hype this episode, also with some cool vocals again, but still not something top tier. The rest was AOTY worthy.

Sourire said:
Episode isnt even out subbed yet and there’s 9x 1/5 ratings. People really go out of their way to hate. Make it make sense when this is probably the best sequence of episodes we’ve had in JJK so far.

JujutsuKite said:
Out of 33, 9 already voted this episode 1/5 lol

Last weeks episode received more 1/5's during the first 2 hours or so than during the rest of the week lol. Not like it's really bothering many. But it shows that this series is indeed great when people got triggered to do something so ridiculously pointless.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2021 11:01 AM
Apr 2020
This ost reminds me of bleach lol. And yes Toudou is Trafalgar Law now.
avilashrathFeb 26, 2021 11:06 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:04 AM

Nov 2014
bout time this got animated

this episode is freaking amazing holy shit, i thought the scene with Gojo in the OP would be included in this episode but they didn't just kinda tweaked it, such a pity, but overall it was still amazing.

one small complain i have is that certain scenes feel kinda slow, like certain characters took a second too long to respond or react, dunno if it's just me or they're trying to drag it out, if they want to drag it out to fill the episode they could have just added that Gojo animation in the OP :/

Edit: I just realized that Gojo didn't know Toudou's technique. If he does, he would have given Toudou a signal or something to let him know to switch him with Playing Cloud, so Gojo would be right beside Hanami so he can use his technique at close range which would for sure demolish Hanami.
ttcchenFeb 26, 2021 11:43 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
Either the subs are wrong or MAPPA boosted Todo’s IQ even more by adding another 0. My man smart af either way.

KneelBeforeMeFeb 26, 2021 11:54 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:09 AM

Jul 2020
This episode was brilliant! Gojo went all out, but unfortunately they 'escaped'. Yuuji and toudou's chemistry is as impeccable as ever!
Check out my channel @Criticiza on Youtube to watch my vids ;)

Feb 26, 2021 11:09 AM

May 2020
Gojou got rid of the veil like popping a balloon he just spent some time finding a better viewpoint lol...Finally we've seen one of Gojou's most strongest technique Kyoshiki Murasaki ^^
Todo did a great job with his technique and in general helping Itadori become a better jujutsu sorcerer.
Feb 26, 2021 11:10 AM

Apr 2019
Really good episode.

Feb 26, 2021 11:11 AM

Feb 2019
Todou and Yuuji v Hanami was dope as usual. Loved the Takada chan scenes too lol. 4 episodes to go, crazy it’s been 20 weeks man.
Feb 26, 2021 11:11 AM

Apr 2019
Sourire said:
Either the subs are wrong or MAPPA boosted Todo’s IQ even more by adding another 0. My man smart af either way.

Or maybe the manga translator was the one who got it wrong
Feb 26, 2021 11:15 AM

Apr 2019
Sourire said:

Just re listened to it, and the subs are correct. Don't know if mappa changed it or if manga translation is wrong though (just checked the japanese manga and the manga translation is wrong, it's 530000)
Pyth79Feb 26, 2021 11:20 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Man the music is weak ,really weak. The composer is trying but he cant do action music well. For such a fantastic gojo scene we get a Shaolin kungfu tune,
removed-userFeb 26, 2021 11:24 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:20 AM

Jan 2009
animation is kinda weak this episode but still good enough

Boogie Woogie is finally here and it was glorious

Yuji has tied Nanamis 4 consecutive black flash record

damn i wanted to see Hanamis domain expansion though

Gojo being overpowered as usual

then she is finally here the teacher of Todo and the reason for his signature catchphrase "what woman is your type?"

Feb 26, 2021 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
SirTristamSfan said:
Man the music is weak ,really weak. The composer is trying but he cant do action music well. For such a fantastic gojo scene we go a Shaolin kungfu tune,

It's not that bad, but it's true that it leaves a lot to be desired compared to some of the stuff we've listened to in AoT, MyHero and Kimetsu.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Feb 26, 2021 11:25 AM

Sep 2018
MY GOD the OST in this episode was crazy! That shit was on another level(and previous episode already had a banger OSTs)!

Im totally in love with Toudou's character, the way his mind works is just amazingly funny. And his swapping tehnique is so simple and cool and above all so entertaining to watch! It looked like he was having a spiritual orgasm every time he clapped his hands :D

In the end Gojou showed everyone who's the Boss in this show, this man has the most beautiful eyes in all of anime! Also,that purple attack was visually stunning and beautifuly animated!
well that's just my opinion.....
Feb 26, 2021 11:28 AM

Aug 2013
Toudou is incredible and really smart lol. His technique is very interesting.
Toudou's and Yuuji's fight against Hanami was pretty cool.

Gojou went overboard with his attack. Not that I'm complaining.

Feb 26, 2021 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Nycro said:
Park, Seong-Hu is truly a terrible director. The episode had it all. Good enough budget, had a lot of great scenes and yet despite all he managed to make it as boring as a Naruto episode.
Yikes. Can't wait for him to ruin CSM.
Who said he will direct CSM, It's probably gonna be dororo's director cause he is the only one in mappa who is free
Feb 26, 2021 11:29 AM
Oct 2018
Oh man the ost was on point the fight choreography was excellent overall the animation was quite good
Plus that hollow purple hot damn I got goosebumps
Gotta say I love todou and his big brain xD
Feb 26, 2021 11:29 AM
Dec 2020
Farmaceut said:
MY GOD the OST in this episode was crazy! That shit was on another level(and previous episode already had a banger OSTs)!

Im totally in love with Toudou's character, the way his mind works is just amazingly funny. And his swapping tehnique is so simple and cool and above all so entertaining to watch! It looked like he was having a spiritual orgasm every time he clapped his hands :D

In the end Gojou showed everyone who's the Boss in this show, this man has the most beautiful eyes in all of anime! Also,that purple attack was visually stunning and beautifuly animated!

Wonder if baseball will take up all of 21 or just half, I guess we are getting a 3 episode long death painting arc which sounds just fine, megumi is about to go nuts and show his real potential for the first time
said the lolicon bastard
Feb 26, 2021 11:31 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Well the fight was still really cool (the continuation from the previous episode) but the most interesting part of the episode was surely seeing Gojou like that wow.
And the next one is about a baseball match... what? xD
Feb 26, 2021 11:31 AM

Nov 2020
Another solid episode in a string of solid episodes. Seeing Itadori and Todo against Hanami was a ton of fun with the duo constantly finding ways to one up their opponent. Definitely one of the more creative shounen fights I've seen in recent memory. Of course Gojo stole the spotlight by cancelling out Hanami's Domain Expansion and ending things quickly. I doubt she is exorcised and much like Mahito she'll come away from this encounter more invigorated and determined than ever. Speaking of Mahito, was he stealing those fingers from Jujutsu Tech? That would make sense as everything that just went on was a mere distraction. Gotta say though next episode's preview made me raise my eyebrows. After surviving an attack from special grade curses and curse users they're just going to go "oh no anyway" and play some baseball?
Are ya winning, diners?
Feb 26, 2021 11:33 AM
Feb 2021
LOVED THIS EPISODE it went by so fast😣
Feb 26, 2021 11:34 AM

Jan 2014
Damn, the fight was great, and wouldn't want to cross Gojou at any point.
Feb 26, 2021 11:35 AM
Jan 2019
I think the weakest part of jujutsu adaptation are the soundtracks.
The OSTs so far aren’t anything special. It’s there, fitting nicely, but not enough to affect the intensity/mood of the scene.
Feb 26, 2021 11:35 AM
Jul 2018
i swear gojo didn't have to do that. i love him so much already. i don't even know what to say. how can someone so perfect?? i swear the half part of the episode, i was screaming abt how much i love todo ( even though his imaginations are so stupid.) and not being loyal to gojo but then gojo appeared and-

you know what? i can be a h*e for only these two. oh god someone help me. i can't stop replaying that gojo part

removed-userFeb 26, 2021 11:42 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
damn this episode was nice, super good fights and gojou was cool af. looks like the situation has been pretty much resolved, wonder what the outcome of this will be?
Feb 26, 2021 11:37 AM

Jan 2021
What a surprise Gojo! Gotta love the bromance between Yuji and Todo. And Nobara's a cat person xD (don't skip the jujutsu scrolls)
Ryuk is somewhat relatable

Feb 26, 2021 11:40 AM

Jan 2021
These episodes were amazing!
I love how Todou and Yuuji fighted, the animation was exellent
Gojou sensei is very OP omg (ᵔ.ᵔ)
Feb 26, 2021 11:40 AM

Jul 2014
That was so cool, I love how they animated purple!! Thank you mappa
"My god, jelly donuts are so scary." - Fujiwara no Mokou
Feb 26, 2021 11:41 AM

Jun 2019
Both of them fighting alongside each other using Toudou's technique was great to see. Cool to see some flashbacks as well. Also, damn Toudou's brain works superfast.
I'm glad Goujou is back in the fight with his beautiful eyes. And god damn he's badass.
Pre_YumFeb 26, 2021 11:45 AM
Feb 26, 2021 11:41 AM
Feb 2021
The only thing I hate about Jujutsu Kaisen is that I gotta wait one whole week for a new episode. The fight scenes are beautifully animated, Itadori and Toudou's combination attack was mind blowing, Itadori's consecutive Black Punches leaving Nanamin in the dirt were definitely a surprise, and the ever beautiful Gojou sensei using the forest as his personal bowling alley. I am not a manga reader but I saw some of them around the forum being excited about Hollow Purple technique. Since I have no basis of comparison, the scene left me overwhelmed.
Also not to forget Gakuganji. my man rocking at the age of decomposition.
Would love to see more of Nobara, Utahime,
Mai and Maki in upcoming episodes.
Feb 26, 2021 11:44 AM
Aug 2020
I decided to bump my rating up from a 9 to a 10. This is easily one of my top 5 favorite shounen battle anime.

Also, Gojo's eyes are gorgeous
Feb 26, 2021 11:46 AM
Dec 2020
You already know the show is banging cause we got trolls giving it Very bad instantly. Signifies Greatness!
Feb 26, 2021 11:47 AM

Sep 2019
I loved this episode just like the other episodes of this arc. Gojo is so fucking strong but Mahito still managed to get the finger. The background song at Todo and Yuuji's fight reminded me of Last Surprise for some reason.
Feb 26, 2021 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
Sourire said:

It was this manga translation that was incorrect. Toudou said "gojuu san man (五十三万)" which is 530,000. if it was 53,000, then it would be pronounced as "goman sanzen (五万三千)"
Dec 2020
natsume456 said:
The only thing I hate about Jujutsu Kaisen is that I gotta wait one whole week for a new episode. The fight scenes are beautifully animated, Itadori and Toudou's combination attack was mind blowing, Itadori's consecutive Black Punches leaving Nanamin in the dirt were definitely a surprise, and the ever beautiful Gojou sensei using the forest as his personal bowling alley. I am not a manga reader but I saw some of them around the forum being excited about Hollow Purple technique. Since I have no basis of comparison, the scene left me overwhelmed.
natsume456 said:
The only thing I hate about Jujutsu Kaisen is that I gotta wait one whole week for a new episode. The fight scenes are
beautifully animated, Itadori and Toudou's combination attack was mind blowing, Itadori's consecutive Black Punches leaving Nanamin in the dirt were definitely a surprise, and the ever beautiful Gojou sensei using the forest as his personal bowling alley. I am not a manga reader but I saw some of them around the forum being excited about Hollow Purple technique. Since I have no basis of comparison, the scene left me overwhelmed.

At the pace they are going. should be seeing Nobara's best moment up to date (in anime) near the end of the season.
Wings

Apr 2017
The animation on Hollow Purple was crazy good.

Also, a baseball preview? Tf is episode 21 gonna be?
Feb 26, 2021 11:49 AM

Feb 2015
Disappointing antagonists are a thing in Jujutsu Kaisen, it seems. Well, that was expected since certain exorcists are just OP. Can't understand how Itadori, Gojou and Toudou are popular, they make the fights feel totally boring with their brute power. JJK is so much more interesting when other characters take the spot instead of them.

Next episode will probably be a joke too, but well, can't say I expect much of JJK anymore.
Feb 26, 2021 11:49 AM
Dec 2020
I really liked this episode and I loved the “back flash” and the “boogie woogie” lol. Watching todou and itadori fight together was amazing and got me so excited. Can’t wait for another episode
Feb 26, 2021 11:50 AM

Feb 2018
MAPPA should be carried on hand for top notch animation. MAPPA literally carry 2021 for us.
Feb 26, 2021 11:50 AM

Sep 2020
This episode was fantastic, the fights were great, the brothers were funny, and some really cool abilities came to light. I wish we got more of a guitar fight but seeing Gojou shred that guy was pretty cool. The slow lead up from the exchange event to this was definitely all worth it. I cannot wait for the baseball episode ever since it was in the intro and I'm so excited for next week.

Feb 26, 2021 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
Itadori and Toudou's chemistry is something else man, the way they were so in sync with each other while constantly switching places during their attack was fun to watch. And Gojo stole the show with that final attack on Hanami. He never fails to have a dope moment.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 26, 2021 11:53 AM

May 2016
Man that technique was incredible. and the animation was top quality as wel.

Boggie woggie I'm not surprised he named it that xD.
Feb 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Apr 2013
ttcchen said:
Sourire said:

It was this manga translation that was incorrect. Toudou said "gojuu san man (五十三万)" which is 530,000. if it was 53,000, then it would be pronounced as "goman sanzen (五万三千)"
Yeah makes sense that the unofficial manga translation I had was wrong and not the actual subs of this episode. And my Japanese classes were too long ago for me to remember the correct spelling of numbers with Kanji/Hiragana.
Feb 26, 2021 11:56 AM

Mar 2018
After catching up, yeah this anime is pretty awesome. It is a hype machine without being flimsy on the story. That tag team fight against the alien thing was amazing this episode, and I hope that we will see more of that kind of choreography in the future.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2021

642 by joanajoy25 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 16, 2020

276 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2020

345 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

_MushiRock11_ - Sep 19, 2020

492 by NayakoBloody »»
May 10, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Jujutsu Kaisen (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2020

332 by tuga_lu »»
May 9, 2:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.