Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jun 26, 2021 9:12 AM

May 2020
Pretty much late into this, but that was some unique first episode, had no idea what was really going on for the most part, but kinda a sucker for these ones. So will stick to it.
Softhenic03Dec 17, 2021 11:34 AM
Jul 1, 2021 12:02 AM

Aug 2019
Interesting concept but I'm totally confused. Guess I'll keep watching
Jul 17, 2021 6:04 AM

Jul 2015
Seems like this series is going to feel like one huge fever dream. Visuals looks gorgeous and the plot looks interesting so far with its (what I guess is) symbolism on heavy topics like bullying and suicide. I don't think I fully understood what happened here but I guess the goal for Ai is to save as many other bullied kids in order to bring Koito back or something.

Sep 9, 2021 3:35 AM

Aug 2018
Ok, so our main girl isn't going to school, it seems?.. Well, if teacher is used to bringing week's material.. Also something about not telling about someone's bullying?.. So maybe someone killed themselves, and she didn't do anything about bullying, or something like that?.. Well, we'll see, I imagine..
So some egg was bought, or free trial, or something.. No idea, what this is about, but I guess we have some rules.. Who is the seller anyway?.. Sounds like not the most empathetic guy, to say the least.. His voice is too cheerful for possibly sad things going on.. What is the pay?..
Well, heterochromia is understandable cause for everyone picking on you.. Children overall are picking on each other a lot.. And not for everyone it's easy to fight off..
Well, not sure, what is the pay.. But also additional pay is the risk to die or get injured to the lengths of being invalid, pretty much.. But what wins that Acca in the end?.. Who's selling?.. I feel that I don't like this character too much now, because he sounds too cheerful for actual concern, how he says he has for another girl.. Possible psychopath, but would be nicer to have something more interesting, but will see..
Sep 12, 2021 2:57 PM
Sep 2021
Gostei muito, neu anime favorito
Sep 27, 2021 5:56 AM

Aug 2017
The animation is pretty good but i read this anime went downhill terribly so my expectations are low. At least I'm not going to take this too seriously.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 4, 2021 10:50 AM

Apr 2019
Watching this episode for the second time I realize that it is not that cool.

It's so weird that someone comes up to you and tells you to be their best friend. Instead of showing a flashback that doesn't even make me care about the character, the first episode could have been Ai interacting with Koito in a natural way to form a friendship. There might be a flashback later on showing this supposed friendship between them, but for the first episode it was weird, since Koito only told them to be best friends and they became best friends for who knows what reason (which I hope there will be a flashback showing them interacting with each other).

There is no point in saying that she is ugly. If it's just because of her eyes, one of each color...
It could also show the bullying she suffered, just a flashback.

For a first episode it was not bad, but it presents a lot of things without me knowing very well what happened. Maybe in the next episodes it will show better things that will make this first episode have a bigger impact and more sense of what happened.
Oct 5, 2021 9:01 AM

Jul 2021
Been meaning to watch this anime since it aired, and I'm so glad I finally got round to it cause I loved this first episode. The animation is gorgeous especially the way the eyes are drawn, and the backing music fits the scenes perfectly.

I reckon Ai's hopes about those eggs being able to bring her friend back to life are gonna be crushed, something about the whole operation going on with the eggs seems like it's just gonna have some twisted reasoning for it or is going to just absolutely destroy these characters psychologically
Feb 23, 2022 10:04 AM

Dec 2020
Make some weird shit and watch nerds go Damn! Not for normal people. Be warned!

Seriously, if a show does out of the blue thing it needs to execute it well. For first episode it's good and forgivable but later on I can see it not doing well. Remember akudama drive.

Shows like this start in a uncommon but astonishing way. However, in the end becomes so predictable or dues ex machina'd their ending and come out as a mess.
Cheer_LeaderFeb 23, 2022 10:23 AM
Jul 26, 2022 9:39 AM

Jul 2021
The episode is freaking beautiful.

Had to watch the episode twice to fully grasp everything though. Pretty great introduction and I'm already very invested.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Aug 22, 2022 3:12 AM
Apr 2021
episode 1 was a pretty good intro into the world. see no evils are really creepy and I want to learn more about main character chans friend
Oct 15, 2022 9:14 AM
Oct 2022
al principio no le habia entendidod pero a medida que vas viendo los capitulos le entendes mas y aparte de que los dibujos y la animacion es hermosa la historia es de las mas profundas que vi en un anime
Oct 20, 2022 1:14 PM
Aug 2022
what just happened????
Dec 29, 2022 5:20 PM
Dec 2022
i like it but i am a little confused
Dec 31, 2022 7:44 PM
Mar 2009
what is going on?????????????????????????????????

Click on mari to find out about mabinogi.
Jan 6, 2023 2:44 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, I loved it, hope this quality keeps going. I had no idea going in this was going to be like, the most hard hitting mahou shoujo show, I was expecting like, anime Coraline or something, hahaha (not fully but y'know), luckily hadn't seen much beyond a few screenshots last year.
This was the most captivated I've felt by literally anything in months, really hope it isn't solely a perfect 5/5 premiere where usually other episodes don't reach this quality kind of case, please keep me invested, this feels like I could be seeing something really special here.
Mar 15, 2023 4:44 PM
Apr 2021
Rewatching two years later, the plot is definitely more understandable. 
I realize Ai Ohto's mission now is to save her friend.
Suicide is a real problem, and this show is a sad reminder
of how sad it is.
Mar 16, 2023 11:04 AM
Mar 2022
Was quite surprised because I thought it was a slice of life loll
Apr 9, 2023 6:24 AM
Oct 2022
i loved it very good
Apr 12, 2023 3:29 PM

May 2016
Well. I purposefully waited to watch this anime until it had all been released. Idk how I felt about this first episode but I'll stick with it for now 
Apr 24, 2023 2:38 PM
Apr 2023
The first episode is really dense with activity. I like how not too much is explained. The show so far seems promising.
May 4, 2023 11:13 PM

Dec 2022
There's still a lot I'm confused about but figuring it out as I watch will be a lot a fun, I guess. Also, this is kind of brutal, idk, I just wasn't expecting blood and weapons lol I'm not complaining tho. 
May 31, 2023 4:55 AM

Jan 2013
So much going on the first episode but definitely interesting premise.
Seems like Ohto is coping with her friend's death by "saving" all these other people (eggs) in this alternate world, maybe a way for these people to move on (I'm assuming these other "eggs" also committed suicide)

Fantastic visuals though, cute main character too, love the eyes.
Jul 6, 2023 3:35 AM

Dec 2013
The animation/art is very fantastic but same with OP, I also don't have an idea on what's going on with most part. But I'm hoping that it will make sense in other eps

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Aug 7, 2023 2:36 PM
Aug 2019
Was different which I supposed
Oct 16, 2023 2:28 PM
Sep 2016
Bullying for heterochromia is an anime problem cause the eyes are so big and round. You gotta be a massive hater to notice that someone's eyes are different in real life.
Oct 19, 2023 6:23 AM
Jan 2017
Tbh not that interesting of a anime.

The story was just a rehash of the old magical girl genre, the only spice coming from the stories of the people who's souls are being helped.

The art style however is amazing with some stunning visuals.

all in all I would not say to go out of your way to watch it.
Nov 15, 2023 8:39 PM
Jul 2017
the opening made little to no sense, it was just confusing
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM
Oct 2023
Creo que es un muy buen comienzo para la historia, aunque no se muestren los otros personajes principales, te sugieren más o menos de que va la historia, aunque después se vuelva un lio y un poco desproposito.
Mar 8, 11:35 AM
Apr 2021
such a good pilot episode kinda reminds me of higurashi when they cry, hopefully it'll stay like this <3
Mar 18, 3:06 AM

Aug 2013
Overly pretentious from first minutes in its mystification, uses autistic MC and gory stuff for edgy teenagers from the start.
Apr 30, 9:01 AM

Dec 2022
It has the "Psychological" tag, yet the first episode is ostensibly more in-line with the presentation, imagery and minimalistic narrative you'd normally associate with the "Avant-Garde" tag. Of course, it's only the first episode, which commonly use this sort of oddity to hook in viewers.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Mar 16, 2021

363 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LittleLucky - Mar 2, 2021

210 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 2:17 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Feb 16, 2021

255 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 30, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 30, 2021

410 by nyaasar »»
Apr 9, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ashhk - Mar 23, 2021

301 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 3:55 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.