Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 15, 2020 9:34 AM
Apr 2013
It's so nice to see Shimamura start to actually develop a personality AND just the fact that she's actively thinking of Adachi more and more is sooo cutie.
Dec 17, 2020 11:17 AM
May 2019
Shimamura seems to be too hard on herself. She calls herself things like “cold-hearted” since she isn’t really keeping up with others trying to be friends with her, but maybe this is more attributed to her not realizing how much Adachi means to her. After she starts skipping class, she seems more like she’s just rolling through the motions, while she’s truly happy when she’s with Adachi.

I feel bad every time Tarumi is with Shimamura not because it’s bad, their interactions are actually quite good, but I just keep feeling bad that Adachi doesn’t know about her. Even though it’s just a simple friendship thing, she’d probably feel betrayed by it. That’s also the reason I’m sort of glad she doesn’t know about Taru just yet.
Dec 18, 2020 6:19 AM

Mar 2009
Didn't even recognize Shimamura at first.

This was a terrible episode, especially when compared to the previous one. Why is Shimamura acting like this? Why are they both closing themselves off from one another? They were starting to make great strides in their relationship. Forced conflict and drama near the end. Yuck.
Dec 21, 2020 6:05 AM
Oct 2020
I think shimamura is a bad person,I want to cry to see how much suffer adachi and taru-chan-san,to take a step for them get close
Dec 24, 2020 6:47 PM

Aug 2017
Shimamura is so freaking annoying
Dec 25, 2020 2:41 PM

Mar 2019
the beginning of this episode was so beautiful omg <3

shimamura's hair omg. there are some big time skips in this anime.

shimamura calling hino and nagafuji 'artificial friends' made me kinda sad :(
Dec 27, 2020 7:32 PM

May 2009
Adachi was so cute when she found out that she was still in the same class as Shimamura.
I'm a little disappointed that Shimamura didn't reach out to check up on Adachi when she noticed something was wrong, and Adachi also stopping going to class again. She even acknowledge that she doesn't reach out to people, yet, even with Adachi that she said she wants to be closer to, she still remained the same.

Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Dec 29, 2020 12:51 AM

Aug 2017
Shimamura looks really beautiful in her new look!!

Tarumi is trying to get close of Shimamura but Shimamura already has Adachi in her heart...she just hasn't realized it yet I guess !!

Noice move at the end Adachi!!

Dec 30, 2020 8:12 PM

Aug 2019
oof yikes things seem to have gotten rocky for the Shimamura and Adachi ship, first scene was quite suspenseful with seeing if they were going to be in the same class, happily they were, but the aftermath felt like a "expectations vs reality" esc thing. Obviously this isn't always the case, but for Shimamura and Adachi case, Adachi's expectations that from having a second year together in the same class, their relationship with thus strengthen hopefully, but at last reality is often disappointing, and if anything they've seem to distance themselves more instead.
However hopefully, there 2 week(???) break from each other has cooled them off slightly, as it seems like only time can heal these wounds, and they realise how much they miss each other.

Tarumi segment was interesting, she seemed very friendly to Shimamura, maybe a bit to friendly... Nagafuji and Hino continue to stretch the boundaries of "just friends" but damn Hino lives in a massive estate. Ngl I actually quite like Shimamura with her normal colour hair .
Ending cliff-hanger was good.
Jan 3, 2021 4:59 AM

Sep 2020
Dang. Watching this episode hurt me. Especially the first half of the episode. I felt so bad when Adachi was alone. Nevertheless, this episode was really good. I love how the slow piano began everytime Shimamura thought about Adachi. I like that the bond between Shimamura and Tarumi. Their interaction has been better since the last episode. But during the preview of episode 11, you can see Tarumi and Adachi meeting each other for the first time and that Adachi is crying. I feel like episode 11 will be filled with drama, I cannot wait.

I also noticed how Shimamura started to blush more around Adachi. I'm not sure if it was just me who noticed it tho.

Hino and Nagafuji's wholesome and sweet intimate interactions honestly was the highlight of this episode for me. I always have appreciated their dynamic.
Jan 14, 2021 1:51 AM

Nov 2017
Well that was quite a switch, didn't expect that 180 at all. Really hard to not just straight finish the series at this point. Gonna' be thinking about this cliffhanger all over the place until I get a chance to find out what happens. Didn't think they'd pull out of high school glory days, instead we go to military-school style depression mode.
Apr 11, 2021 10:42 AM

Jun 2009
Another episode that just felt completely disjointed. The direction of this show just seems off sometimes.
Apr 13, 2021 10:07 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. It'd be interesting, if Shimamura's and Adachi's relationship really would survive or not, if they'd be in different classes.. Who knows..
It seems Hino is living in wealthy family.. It having pluses and minuses..
Well.. Seeing how Adachi distances from Shimamura, when she is approached by others.. And how Shimamura isn't really active herself that much as well.. If Adachi and Shimamura would be in different classes.. I guess their relationship would just dissolve, after all.. But that's how it seems to me..
Well.. Group can indeed sometimes talk too fast.. Especially when you're new to the group, and other people in it are not..
And also lots of meaningless and empty talk in the group as well.. Yeah..
Well.. I actually used to miss a lot of words as well.. What people say about themselves and stuff.. Before I missed even more, when I had more contacts.. I mean, when I just by circumstances had more people around.. But also I was lucky to have some people, who shared some of my interests.. Was it gaming, or studying, or anime.. Maybe Shimamura isn't really interested in talks she's having.. But what talks are interesting to her at all?..
Apr 19, 2021 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
I think her natural brown hair (didn't they say it was black?) suits her a lot as well, she is pretty.
Tarumi was really weird, almost creepy, I guess she is also one of those who aren't socially awkward like the rest of the cast basically. But somehow hers was just really in contrast with Shimamura who couldn't care less about her, and even during their hangout she was thinking about Adachi.
I was sad to see that it wasn't Shimamura who initiated their conversations again, but I'm glad as long as their relationship continues.
Jun 8, 2021 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
Very nice fanservice of the best girl.
Tarumi is pretty boring but at least she is trying to be real Shimamura's friend unlike those three bland girls.
I don't care much about Adachi/Shimamura situation at this point. I mean they don't even talk anymore.
Hino and Nagafuji on the other hand are progressively moving at their relationships and trying to understand each other.
I despise traditional families. Kids are suffering at home because they want to live in real world not fantasy traditional house. It seems Hino hates her house and their traditional life style. At least she has awesome wife who is always there for her.
GvendolineJun 8, 2021 7:59 AM
Jun 23, 2021 1:32 PM

Apr 2018
A wholesome episode, really missed this couple.I put the anime on hold when it aired but finally going to finish this.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Sep 20, 2021 3:46 PM

Feb 2020
At least Hino and Nagafuji knows how to be lesbians. That bath scene was hot.

I feel so bad for both Tarumi and Adachi. Shimamura is such a cold-hearted person.

Yashiro being cutie pie as always. :3

SerafosJan 5, 9:04 AM
Jan 29, 2023 9:15 PM

Jun 2014
I'm pretty disappointed that Shimamura didn't try to locate Adachi when she noticed that she wasn't in class.

Adachi has finally approached Shimamura. Will things go back to the way they were?

Dec 8, 2023 4:32 AM
Oct 2023
The worst episode of the series to date. I seriously considered giving it one star. Same issues as the previous episode only more prevalent and worse. Shimamura went from not acting like herself to acting too much like her normal self and becoming deusche of a friend. Adachi was too much herself and ran and hid like a whiny pussy just because Shimamura was hanging with other people. She didn't hurt her. Get tough! The third girl continues to be an annoying plot device for the end of the series. Just make it about Adachi and Shimamura and be done with it! Through ten episodes, the rating is 6.6/10. Second half free fall.
Jan 13, 9:21 AM
May 2021
I'm honestly so indifferent towards Taru, at least Shimamura is discovering that Adachi means something to her more than other friends!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2020

113 by ChibiiBunii »»
Apr 18, 8:38 PM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

132 by Phixiately »»
Feb 27, 1:12 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2020

76 by Phixiately »»
Feb 1, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2020

78 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Adachi to Shimamura Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2020

74 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 8, 2023 3:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.