Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 3, 2020 4:58 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
An episode to retreive the elder brother....

But even wtih a strategy planned accordingly, sometimes, there are factors that can get in the way. Yup, this is type of show to always expect the unexpected. I have to say though, this episode did raise the stake quite a bit. What a creepy killer.
Stark700Dec 3, 2020 5:19 AM
Dec 3, 2020 5:34 AM

Nov 2019
The little Sister saying Swindler "isn't a shit" was pretty cute lmao.

What a crazy episode. Never seen The Shining, but that reference in the bathroom scene was great. Props to Cutthroat and Swindler's VAs for putting a great performance.
Dec 3, 2020 5:47 AM
Sep 2015
Now that I see hoodlum shirtless, he's so hot! A little bit sad that he slept with the doctor, I want him to stay virgin. Though it's quite interesting that we never know doctor's age, or even gender, either original or current gender!!!

Cutthroat just killed the whole executioners in HQ? There's no high skill executioner anymore?

Now that Swindler cut her hair, she even look manlier than Courier LOL

We now know Swindler has real ability to convince people, but does she know?

Look like Hacker is confirmed to be alive, his drone is active.

But I want Brawler back! I hope they'll wake up from this cyberpunk bad dream and all people are alive/
Dec 3, 2020 5:52 AM

Apr 2020
Damn, what a crazy ep, despite all the censoring. They even made a reference to the famous scene in The Shining

Dec 3, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2014
One episode past and I still not familiar with Swindler's new haircut.
The second half of the episode is totally psychological and horror. Cutthroat is really insane and creepy. He is like coming out from some horror movies. I never expect that Swindler will be the one to kill? Cutthroat. She should bring those laser swords with her for use as self-protection.

何それ?意味分かんない
Dec 3, 2020 6:02 AM

Sep 2019
"It's black... pitch black... the red... is all ... gone..." Don't worry Cutthroat, it's the same for us. You're not dying, it's just censorship.

Cutthroat was the best character of this show by far, I'm sad that he's gone but this episode was great.
Dec 3, 2020 6:09 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Omg Cutthroat was definitely f*cked up in this episode, it was really terrifying, well I wonder if he's really dead or not, we can expect anything with a character like him.
But it's also proof that Swindler really evolved as a character, she's so different than at the beginning
Dec 3, 2020 6:18 AM
Oct 2020
Swindler continues to knock it out of the park. Great character development IMO. Looks like Hoodlum might be dying next week. And is Cutthroat actually dead? Hmmm...
Dec 3, 2020 6:18 AM

Apr 2019
I thought Cutthroat was already insane but damn, he's REALLY REALLY REALLY insane. Hopefully he stays dead. Swindler really has become strong to be able to kill him. Hopefully Courier, Imouto and Swindler can rescue Oniichan this next episode.

Dec 3, 2020 6:19 AM

Jan 2014
I'm going to be completely honest here... Every episode my opinion of this show is decreasing. I can't stand the dissonance anymore. It seems like they're just trying to piece together several cool concepts instead of making a coherent story.

In the first, what, 5 episodes the two executioners were badass. They were clearly a match for the Akudama. Not only did they not address how the Akudama escaped all those executioners a few episodes ago, but now Cutthroat just manages to break in their likely heavily fortified headquarters and manages to kill every single one? Wtf? Why were they nerfed so much?

Also, Swindler's hypocrisy is off the charts, and it doesn't seem like the writers are ever going to address it. She literally ignited a civil riot that resulted in vigilante killings of probably also innocent people, and she just jokes about it, but still gets angry at the thought of Courier possibly killing those two executioners?? And I guess they're never going to bother explaining any character's backstory or how they got their wacky powers. This disappoints me the most, I really thought they were going to develop Cutthroat as a character a bit more, but no, he started as an insane psychopathic serial killer and dies as one. I don't have a problem with him dying but he literally went through no character development at all. And they said in an interview he was one of the most complex characters to write lmao.

I guess the episode is cool on its own and it was definitely creepy, and I loved the Shining reference, but I feel as a whole this show is starting to fall apart.
Dec 3, 2020 6:21 AM
Apr 2020
Wow! They also changed Swindler's appearance in the OP.

After hanging out with Swindler, from being introverted, Sister became a kawaii siscon talkative child. lol

Doctor really slept with Hoodlum, so that's what she meant by making him a man. lol

Swindler swindled the people lmao. But WTF?! Since the beginning, Cutthroat really wanna kill Swindler. He just waited for Swindler's red halo/"Akudama Drive" to grow bigger. Good thing Swindler was able to counter. With so much blood loss, I think Cutthroat is dead.

I wanna see Hacker again. Hope he'll play an important role in the upcoming episodes.

Bro? Who is Hoodlum talking to in the preview? Brawler? But, he's dead. Or he ain't?

Ao_SkyDec 3, 2020 6:25 AM
Dec 3, 2020 6:28 AM

Jan 2014
This episode showed clearly how fucked up the mind of a killer can be in Cutthroat. How he can latch onto people just because of wanting to kill them. Oof. Heart wrenching stuff.
Dec 3, 2020 6:40 AM

Oct 2017
That was absolutely sick, Cutthroat was lit af. Loved the voice acting of cutthroat.

Swindler was great too, she stabbed him right in the middle. Is he dead? I think he ain't.
Dec 3, 2020 6:41 AM

Jul 2017
Swindler in her new haircut a.k.a short hair is still something that I need to get used to indefinitely.

Cutthroat's desire for Swindler is ust his desire to kill and see red, and WOAH OH Doctor and Hoodlum really slept together huh, so much for "making him a man".

WELP the whole town of Kansai upheaved into a mob for Akudama killings, and only now that Swindler is getting into her role as a S-class Akudama, just like everyone else.

As if the Executioners have an idea to control the civilian rioting mob, YUP, the Police is even more useless, and that opens the gap for Courier, Swindler and Sister...only to find Cutthroat's messed-up psyche wind up just for Swinder alone, for a hide-and-seek killing. A "Red Angel Halo" that only he can see on her which makes a great killing target, and the bathroom scene truly is the creepy reference to The Shining. It's a tough game, but Swindler managed to counter his killing.

The only thing now, is to rescue Brother with the trio's collective efforts.
Dec 3, 2020 6:45 AM
Jul 2020
Now cutthroat has gone completely crazy. Imagine playing hide and seek with cutthroat. your the hider and cutthroat is the seeker and when he found you he will kill you. That's probably gonna be fun and scary at the same time
Dec 3, 2020 7:10 AM

Mar 2020
Citizens killing Akudama...these are the people the executions swore to protect...killers.

Cutthroat went on a rampage this episode, well he may be dead now, S rank Akudama shrinking fast.

Welp, saving the brother is now within reach for Courier, Swindler and sister. Curious to see what Doctor and Hoodlum's will do.

OK episode :)
Dec 3, 2020 7:30 AM

Feb 2019
Despite how much I hate how overrated this show has become among meatheads on Twitter, I have to admit that whole police station sequence was one of the best I’ve ever seen. It’s crazy what Pierrot can do when they have time, rested staff and budget.

Two weeks in a row we get Swindler holding her own against the odds. Proud of her. I was worried when she let cutthroat into the safe room, but she had a plan.

Next week looks like it’ll be interesting with Doctor against the executioners
Dec 3, 2020 7:31 AM

Jun 2012
Swantje said:
I'm going to be completely honest here... Every episode my opinion of this show is decreasing. I can't stand the dissonance anymore. It seems like they're just trying to piece together several cool concepts instead of making a coherent story.

In the first, what, 5 episodes the two executioners were badass. They were clearly a match for the Akudama. Not only did they not address how the Akudama escaped all those executioners a few episodes ago, but now Cutthroat just manages to break in their likely heavily fortified headquarters and manages to kill every single one? Wtf? Why were they nerfed so much?

Also, Swindler's hypocrisy is off the charts, and it doesn't seem like the writers are ever going to address it. She literally ignited a civil riot that resulted in vigilante killings of probably also innocent people, and she just jokes about it, but still gets angry at the thought of Courier possibly killing those two executioners?? And I guess they're never going to bother explaining any character's backstory or how they got their wacky powers. This disappoints me the most, I really thought they were going to develop Cutthroat as a character a bit more, but no, he started as an insane psychopathic serial killer and dies as one. I don't have a problem with him dying but he literally went through no character development at all. And they said in an interview he was one of the most complex characters to write lmao.

I guess the episode is cool on its own and it was definitely creepy, and I loved the Shining reference, but I feel as a whole this show is starting to fall apart.

The entire series never took itself seriously in the fist place. Swindler's Ordinary Persons reaction to inciting a massive riot and the result of that is par for the course.
GlorditDec 3, 2020 7:53 AM
Dec 3, 2020 7:35 AM

Nov 2013
Yeah I found this episode to be average, An injured Cutthroat could just killing every officer in building with high security, sure they were reduced because of the riot in the city but really not even a single competent officer in the building? considering the executioner in the earlier episodes could take on full groups of Akudama.

Also the chasing/hide-and-seek parts wasn't anything special really, you've seen something like this in a lot of standard action movies and The shining references doesn't make it anything better.

On the positive note, I like the Doctor scene and she's easily the best characters so far. All in all it was kinda predictable episode with a predictable ending for Cutthroat who is nothing more than maniac killer.

I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Dec 3, 2020 7:50 AM
Jul 2016
Glordit said:
Swantje said:

The entire series never took itself seriously in the fist place. Swindler's reaction to inciting a massive riot and the result of that is par for the course.

The show never took itself seriously, until it did. And thats when it started to fall apart
Dec 3, 2020 8:02 AM
Jul 2016
Feels like after they reached the kids on the train, the show ran out of ideas and tried patching together a story. If they put all these episodes BEFORE they finally found the kids and ended the story like that, it would have been a much better show. And it would have given more motivations and creativity behind the characters and how they rescued the kids, not AFTER they rescued the kids they dont care about (dafuq). During the 'job hire', the Doctor could have found out what was in the containment and that would have built more of a story into her motivations to getting the kids and revealing a double cross plot on the way to the kids (not after the fact). Courier would still be in character trying to complete his job for pay. Swindler would still be caught in the mess, not randomly volunteering into it. Fighter guy and hacker could be used better as well..

But, as of now with how they structured the show, they saved the kids and did their job... The rest of what they show now doesnt actually matter.
Dec 3, 2020 8:05 AM

Jan 2009
Swindler has red halo? ok thats interesting

and finally Cutthroat is dead damn he is so dangerous
Dec 3, 2020 8:11 AM
Feb 2016
Thus the ship cutthroat x swindler ended. I already expected that the reason a serial killer liked her is because he wanted to kill her from the start.

I guess the drone helped her unlock the door and switch on the lights. I can feel hacker is still alive and helping her. Now time for swindler x hacker ship to began (i already faintly ship them since ep 2/3 but he already go early huh. The one who is closest to hacker is also swindler). But guess swindler x courier is endgame.

There are already 3 ships involving swindler lol.

I have theory of who is swindler and why cutthroat said she has halo, but its no fun to let others know like last time i make theory about the op. So yeah nothing to say today.

Btw cuthroat is creepy af but that scene where he's getting hit at toilet is funny af. And i like when swindler kick him on his sensitive spot. "HIDOII!!" He keep saying hidoii at everyone but his action isnt hidoii lol

P/s i really like a series that dont give explaination right away and can make you think a lot of possible reason/outcome, like kekkai sensen, and i already love this show cause you can think of anything and guess what happens.
Harukei_bMasterDec 3, 2020 8:19 AM
Dec 3, 2020 8:18 AM

May 2020
I liked Satsujinki the most from all characters, but oh well he deserved it...still have a feeling he could still be alive.
Let's hope no one dies next ep, though from the last segments, it could be Chinpira!!
Dec 3, 2020 8:27 AM

Jun 2020
Welp, Hoodlum's next but I hope he's gonna go down heroically like the Brawler he looked up to
This anime shit is addictive
Dec 3, 2020 8:29 AM

Nov 2016
The sister was so cute in this episode, she feels more like a "normal" person now, how cute.

Also, the MC killing assassin was something that I wasn't expecting, since she has "a good moral" she won't kill someone that saver her multiple times I thought, damn I was wrong. Really liked all the assassin stuff.
Dec 3, 2020 8:38 AM

Nov 2019
Welp there goes my ships

Cutthroat still the best thing about this show, now it's wack
Dec 3, 2020 8:53 AM
Feb 2019
one of the best episode so far it will be a twist if he ain't dead and got revived 😂
Dec 3, 2020 9:16 AM

Sep 2012
Great episode, quality storyboarding.
I wonder if red halos mean anything or is it just inconsequential Cutthroat's delusion. Hopefully the former.
Dec 3, 2020 9:18 AM

Aug 2020
omg Cutthroat was so amazing
Dec 3, 2020 9:28 AM

Apr 2016
This episode was wild as hell. Very dark and creepy. And the voice acting was phenomenal

Dec 3, 2020 9:31 AM

Aug 2014
Thinking this the last episode, Why have censor become so strong? The first 2 episode was no censor and just cracy nuts.
Dec 3, 2020 9:43 AM

Oct 2020
Sayonara Cutthroat.

Also are all other Executioners weaker than Execution division master???
処刑課師匠
Dec 3, 2020 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
R.I.P Cuthroat the true madman of the bunch. I like how they showed us his vision with all the red and eventually going black.

So, am I the only one hoping that courier will bust out some wings propelled by a flight engine on that bike of his and give chase to that plane?
Dec 3, 2020 9:55 AM
Dec 2020
So, the episode was really cool and showed how swindler wasn't just a simple, plain, girl protagonist in a action anime. i really like how complex she is getting, and how she ended up murdering two people out of NOWHERE i loved that, she needed that in that world.
then, about the thing with cutthroat i like to think he has Synesthesia (a neurological condition that causes the brain to process data in the form of several senses at once. For example, a person with synesthesia may hear sounds while also seeing them as colorful swirls.) or maybe is just dementia, or something else, i would love to see someone examinate their character and i would love to do it myself. either way, he is a really deep character, it hought of it just being a yandere-ish plain boy.

then, if we talk aboutthe others, i really like the doctor. how they want to full their desire, and i think it's a lot better than wanting inmortality, control is so much powerful. they're so intelligent, but i didn't expected less of them.
i felt sad with brawler, and hoodlum, when he tries to talk to him oh god

but yeah, a really good episode and i don't know if it can get better
idk if that's good or bad
Dec 3, 2020 9:55 AM

Apr 2018
I definitely need to rewatch this series when the bluray comes out. That cencorship is just too much.

Still amazing episode. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Dec 3, 2020 10:03 AM

Jun 2019
This show has kept me riveted since it began and it seems to be getting better and better each week. I never know what's going to happen, who will die (it seems Swindler, Bro & Sister are safe but no others) and what the ending will be.

Doctor is a scary bitch, but she is hot! Exactly the type of crazy you shouldn't stick your dick in, bad move Hoodlum. Hoodlum looks pretty normal when he doesn't have his hair stuck up in a pompadour.

Acudama Drive seems a bit under appreciated, it's a great show, with a slick style and look, some great characters, fun action and an intriguing plot.
Dec 3, 2020 10:11 AM

May 2020
Cutthroat.. baby.. why you gotta be like this
Dec 3, 2020 10:19 AM

Jun 2016
Bring back The Hacker. Man is bound for return. The amount of camera focus his drone gets is just screaming at me for him to return >.< Let him return.
Gift by Mimurona

Dec 3, 2020 10:26 AM

Dec 2015
I bet Kanto is controlled by some AI/robots and hacker will return in last episode ... having hacked everything and being in control. Then doctor - who wants to be in control of everything - will be jealous. :D
Dec 3, 2020 10:40 AM

Feb 2017
RIP Cutthroat, you were a fun lunatic. Creepy and wild.
Anyway, I like how Sister became more talkative.
Dec 3, 2020 11:16 AM

Jan 2013
that reference of the Shining “here’s Johnny!!” bit was the best and funniest part
Dec 3, 2020 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
puppysho said:
either way, he is a really deep character, it hought of it just being a yandere-ish plain boy.

Not trying to attack you because you're obviously entitled to your own opinion; but I'm curious. Why do you see Cutthroat as a really deep character? I don't see anything beyond him being a serial killer who gets excited by seeing the color red and wants to kill Swindler because of some vague red halo vision? Yeah, maybe it has to do with some neurological condition which would add some depth to his character, but if they never explain the red halo thing, it doesn't really merit this much credit. Also, even if he had a condition, his personality throughout the show was still extremely static and he underwent no character development whatsoever.
Dec 3, 2020 11:37 AM

Jan 2017
Creepy AF episode with some nice ref to The Shining by yandere boy but holy fuck that low-cost censoring...
Dec 3, 2020 11:39 AM
Jul 2020
Never thought Hoodlum would get laid,lol. Plus,I'm wondering if the fangirls will see Cutthroat as a top tier yandere husbando. He's basically become a male version of Yuno(Mirai Nikki) at this point.
Dec 3, 2020 11:39 AM
Jun 2020
RED RED RED RED!!!
Dec 3, 2020 12:11 PM
May 2015
I really enjoyed this episode, seeing the true bloodlust of Cutthroat and how wild he can get. A very dark episode indeed.

As always I still fucking hate all of the censoring and how lazy it looks, lol. One top of that, Swindler was literally laying in a pool of blood and getting touched by Cutthroat's bloody hand.. and then she runs away with her body fully clean, lol. It's a minor detail, but man does that just seem so lazy in comparison to the rest of the animation.
Roses are red

violets are blue.

Omae Wa

Mou shindeiru
Dec 3, 2020 12:28 PM

Oct 2019
Ah yes, this episode was crazy, despite all censorship.
BOŽE ČUVAJ HRVATSKU
Dec 3, 2020 12:42 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Well, well everything turned out to be out of control. Swindler used her magic to swindled peoples mind into belief that she will led Akudama rampaging the entire city. Her words successfully influenced the citizens who carried out a various riots, in the hopes that the police and executioners will seriously handled the Akudama terror messages. Peoples powers! Swindler control them, as an akudama!

The police seemed too worry to enforces the law. The lady of executioners viewed it as a coward act, i am aggree. While the lady of executioners tried so had on her best to persuade those chief bullshit, to enforces every bad possibility to the citizens, she got a bad notices. Lol, her HQ has been under attack without her knowledge. Who else rather than a killing maniac, Cutthroat, that somehow finally released his true identity. He wasn't care for Swindler because of his feeling. Its simply his desires to kill her, as he followed the red stances of her faraway to the HQ. Wow, pretty much he kept his mundane insane personality until his last breath...

So, at the end, the brother kept getting transported after all the times they travelled. Its a bit shamed, but, its still good knewing the motivation toward the akudama. Yeah, its about Cutthroat, and his sweet plays time with Swindler, continued with a nice romantic chat between Hoodlum and Doctor. They revealed their reason, they revealed how they held such a nice desires of them. After their final blows, well, at least for Cutthroat....

So, left aside that, i am very curious, what else Swindler can do to united the sister and her brother? The red angel continue to find her true identity!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 3, 2020 12:43 PM

Sep 2017
Can't wait to rewatch this episode without censorship
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Am I the only person who felt like the show was a stretch?

AnimeLeviathan - Dec 24, 2020

7 by corporateremoval »»
May 3, 9:20 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2020

155 by ThalosShrine »»
Apr 15, 8:03 PM

» Why is the manga adaptation not on MAL?

APolygons2 - Apr 12

0 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 12, 7:51 AM

Poll: » Akudama Drive Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2020

355 by bakakisima »»
Mar 13, 12:59 PM

» Does this anime have fanservice?

Fridge24 - Nov 12, 2020

8 by deg »»
Mar 2, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.