Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 24, 2020 3:27 AM

Aug 2018
IT WAS GREAT
Very good how they did it
Tamer2002Oct 24, 2020 11:46 AM
Oct 27, 2020 3:28 PM
Mar 2011
Wow, this was really great! Would have been better if it was a full season instead of just 3 episodes! But yeah, I'm impressed. Sad that they didn't adapt the first chapter though...
Oct 27, 2020 11:24 PM

May 2015
I want more of the goddess Noel
8/10 Kubo knows how to make dem thicc girls
Oct 31, 2020 1:19 PM

Jun 2015
vey good. I still see Kubo Tite still has his gift of creating awesome incantations. Will there be a full version?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Nov 1, 2020 12:19 AM

Apr 2018
I don't get some of the criticisms i'm seeing towards this PILOT film (yes, because that's exactly what this is). Were people really expecting this to feature a fully developed and explained story, world and characters? You would think it'd be obvious to most people that this movie's main purpose is simply to set things up, and promote and generate interest for the upcoming manga serialization, which will do the actual job of developing the story proper.

Anyways, a fun watch overall. Loved the colors, aesthetics and character designs which gave me nostalgic Bleach vibes. Noel is insanely hot, by the way; instant waifu.
Nov 1, 2020 1:48 AM

May 2012
The studio name didn't ring any bells at first but the animation and episodic flow really gave me impressions of other anime and those then where related!

So tbh I really enjoyed watching this short but quite enjoyable anime short!
Nov 1, 2020 2:10 AM
Mar 2011
Stygian_Prisoner said:
I don't get some of the criticisms i'm seeing towards this PILOT film (yes, because that's exactly what this is). Were people really expecting this to feature a fully developed and explained story, world and characters? You would think it'd be obvious to most people that this movie's main purpose is simply to set things up, and promote and generate interest for the upcoming manga serialization, which will do the actual job of developing the story proper.

Anyways, a fun watch overall. Loved the colors, aesthetics and character designs which gave me nostalgic Bleach vibes. Noel is insanely hot, by the way; instant waifu.

I agree. I found it very enjoyable, and I would say with a lot of potential: I would like to see a full story in this world, setting, and with these characters.
Nov 1, 2020 7:55 AM

May 2015
So I'm after episode 2 and I still think that it should be normal TV series (like 12-20+ eps). It's so chaotic in most places.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 1, 2020 8:18 AM

May 2015
After episode 3. Finally some good action.

THIS NEED A PROPER TV SERIES
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 3, 2020 9:12 PM

Feb 2014
Well, of course they had to suddenly bring out that romance at the end of the episode.

I had such high expectations on the brunette girl because she looked cool, yet she melted over that random silly looking side male character at the end. *sigh* so unnecessary... I suddenly feel relieved this didn´t become a full series lol because I am sure I would get annoyed by that romance....

anyway... 6/10? maybe 7... hm.. that is still ticking me off, I ll probably go with 6

TechOtakuNov 3, 2020 9:37 PM
Nov 5, 2020 1:18 PM

Jul 2016
what Relation does this have to Bleach?

Nov 5, 2020 2:05 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
mutsuto said:
what Relation does this have to Bleach?

Hmmmm, interesting question. If I had to put it under a category, I would say "spin-off"...but it might technically fit under a couple of different categories. Maybe it could go under "other" as well. Not sure really. None might be applicable here. Just because it takes place in the same universe doesn't mean that there necessarily needs to be a relation on MAL.
Nov 5, 2020 3:46 PM

Jul 2016
It sounds like you just described a textbook spin-off

anime-prime said:
Hmmmm, interesting question. If I had to put it under a category, I would say "spin-off"...but it might technically fit under a couple of different categories. Maybe it could go under "other" as well. Not sure really. None might be applicable here. Just because it takes place in the same universe doesn't mean that there necessarily needs to be a relation on MAL.
oh wait i found this

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
anime-primeNov 5, 2020 3:58 PM

Nov 10, 2020 3:17 PM

Nov 2012
Whao, this was appalling

My Candies:

Nov 25, 2020 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
The soundtrack on this movie/set of episodes was amazing, it really fitted the overall aesthetic of the series and the story moments (the soundtrack that they used for the introduction of cinderella in particular was outstading).

As for my overall thoughts on the movie it was quite good, however I will say that by choosing to not adapt the One-shot it leaves a people that just started watching it in the dark. Not necessarily a bad thing per say since Kubo can always reiterate what happened latter on, but still something worth pointing out.
Other than that, again it was a really good movie. The first part did a great job setting up the world showcasing the mixture of magical and technological elements in a visually pleasing manner, gave a good explanation of how the world and by extension reverse London operates, and setting up the characters dynamics (minus the lack of intel that was given with what happened in the one-shot); the second part did a good job showcasing the characters internal dilemmas (the sequence where Macy was having an identity crisis and showcased her looking at a broken mirror was phenomenal); and the third/last part where most of the action was building up to, the final climax of the movie, was really well done. It showcased Bruno display of powers in a fun manner, Noel and Ninny teamwork abilities, and Cinderella power as one of the seven Märchens.

Really fun movie, as a adaptation of the main material I think it really did the series justice (also liked how the different magical spells were used and displayed). Looking foward to see the continuation and I am hoping to see more of this studio.
Dec 23, 2020 12:24 PM
Jun 2020
This was a really nice surprise. I think this series has a lot of potential - two strong female leads, a really cool world, great creature designs, and awesome aesthetics - but the perviness of Balgo kinda ruins it for me. I'm really glad they toned down his perve-level from what it was in the manga, but I'm just so tired of seeing the same sexist jokes, and they really take me out. But for a start, I think this show has a really cool vibe that can blossom into something quite cool
Dec 30, 2020 9:04 PM
Sep 2015
There are many distractors here like Watcher, the sword, dragonclad, but I think the reason cinderella dragon stop the movement because it saw the dog dragon, it knows that dog dragon can read mind and speak it out, just like how it said it want to see Niiha underwear because it touched Balgo and read his mind. The cinderella dragon want to communicate with human using this dog dragon, sadly he was assassinated before doing that. The assassin might even know this fact and want to conceal it somehow, he's the son of hero after all.

Those are just my wild theory, the only fact I get from this anime is that I want Bruno to piss on me, directly into my mouth.
Mar 18, 2021 5:30 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
WOW, I'm impressed, I can already see the potential and lore than can be fleshed out from what we saw. The visuals, Oh My God, it's a weird mix of a Ghibli movie and a goo animate Bleach movie.
Mar 19, 2021 8:24 AM

Aug 2017
It was fine, nothing terrible, only issue I have is the abupt ending to the conflict. 6/10
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 18, 2021 3:01 PM

Nov 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Second part is enjoyable too. Animation is real nice in a lot of places, and I just love hearing Asami Tano's voice, honestly.
"Get chance and luck!"
Jul 8, 2021 5:50 AM

Jan 2014
I still don't understand the title, if the main character are the witch, why the title is Burn the Witch? so they want to kill the main character for being a witch or something?

I don't really like the kind of character like Ninny, she's loud and annoying.

what's with Billy though? he's so powerful to 1 shot a legendary dragon, while the other guy higher rank than him are getting troubled.
Aug 20, 2021 3:29 PM

Aug 2015
Okay overall. The fight ended a bit too quickly I feel.

#FreePalestine 🇵🇸
Feb 2, 2022 6:08 AM
Dec 2013
Noel Niihashi is sexy af! Hot damn!
Mar 8, 2022 5:19 AM

Jan 2021
This was cool i wouldn’t mind if this got a proper season I’ve been meaning to watch this since in came out but i kept putting it off but finally I got around to watching this
Apr 9, 2022 2:36 PM

Mar 2010
Spunky blonde with a nice ass, and a black haired cool beauty with giant breasts. Ahh thank you tite kubo :>

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 15, 2022 10:53 PM

Feb 2015
Ep 1
Well, an introduction full of new things, interesting world and very well animated. Here dragons appear and these witches are in charge of maintain the order. Ninny talked about another group in charge of eliminating these dragons. Balgo is possessed by a dragon wtf. And a group of authorities is taking decisions. Interesting by now, how is going to be developed in 3 episodes.

Ep 2
Excellent animation. Macy looks like a very emotionally unstable person, her dragon mortally attacked Ninny, wtf. I think I still need more context to take a part in the decision of capturing Balgo, I don’t really understand how dangerous he is. Bruno looks cool af. Well, only lasts one episode.

Ep 3
Well well well. Another episode full of great animation. Ellie ended being a lengendary dragon defeated with a finger shot. Bruno’s main focus rapidly changed from Balgo to Cinderella. As a story, it ended up very unfulfilling. This is not completely wrong as there are indicators that it’ll continue, but it was originally a movie, and I don’t really felt a climax. It was Bruno’s hunt, then Cinderella’s battle, but we got nothing. Balgo obtained a sword and Macy stayed in Reverse London, and these things commonly happen in an anime with development, but that is not here, it was a movie or a 3 episodes anime. So, I recommend it because is entertaining and maybe related with Bleach (in the future), but is a story with no conclusion, not even for this small story. After many not good things, it was enjoyable and the introduction to a story with a lot of potential, interesting characters and powers maybe similar to Bleach, maybe not.
Atlas77May 18, 2022 11:56 PM
Aug 30, 2022 3:41 AM

Oct 2020
I only watched it for Tite Kubo.
Nov 21, 2022 3:57 PM

Dec 2018
so much left unanswered, but as an intro it was really good. i want to see more.
Jan 6, 2023 9:09 AM

Sep 2018
Not sure how I'll feel about this in the end, but from just the first episode I'm wondering why this wasn't just set in Japan, as the use of London as a setting seems to be very surface level. The characters seem to still be steeped in Japanese cultural norms despite ostensibly being English (such as Ninny referring to a senpai/kouhai relationship towards the start), and there were several visual aspects that seemed pretty out of place. The architecture being a lot more old-fashioned than London in reality can be excused by this being Reverse London, but it's minor things like the £10 notes in one character's hands having the colouration of £20 notes and the stained glass windows depicting the story of Cinderella from right to left that make it clear that less care than I would have liked went into making the setting authentic.

Oh, and the odd names are bothersome as well, as if the writer didn't really understand how western names work and just came up with random shit that would sound about right to a Japanese audience, but perhaps that's just a stylistic choice than cultural ignorance. I've never read/watched Bleach, so it might be something done there as well.
Feb 11, 2023 10:50 PM

Aug 2016
Didn't really care for anything but at least it looks nice.
Mar 18, 2023 10:37 AM

Nov 2010
The pacing is all over the place. Watching this movie felt like I skipped an entire season and started right in the middle. Nonetheless, this is a very good-looking movie! I like the art style and animation. The fight scenes looked great too.
Soul Society + Bleach at the end. Interesting. 7/10
Noel is so beautiful. She's so my type! I envied Balgo when he was riding with her. The smell of her hair and him embracing her hot body, I'm so jealous!
May 24, 2023 1:54 AM
May 2021
i kill dark things 😲😲😲🤫
Dec 19, 2023 8:30 AM
Oct 2017
Finally decided to clear this from my watchlist... big mistake. Wish I was never interested now.
Jan 3, 2:18 AM

Aug 2023
it was a good episode looking forward to it.

-------------

Noel and Ninny with Macy and Balgo escaping from Bruno, Will they be able to escape from him.

-------

for me Bruno is my favorite character so far, and the fight with Cinderella was disappointed that what Bruno with the help of Ninny and Noel couldn't scratch her and in the end Cinderella put her guard down because of a mysterious sword that appeared with the change of something Balgo was holding and that old man used his hand like a gun and shoot him from afar and defeated her, and that woman solider said the son of hero what does that even means. and yeah Macy joined Ninny and Noel's team.

Mod Edit: Merged other episode threads into this one.
anime-primeFeb 12, 12:14 PM
Jan 3, 9:40 PM

Jul 2016
Couldn't imagine watching episode 1 without watching the prequel episode. Weird cut-off point for episode 1 was quite sudden. Ninny wants to be a Sabre interesting. Got to see the Top of Horns too, don't get the hype for Bruno yet but time will tell.

-------

Not a fan of Macy whatsoever bleh. Horrid character design, the idol version of herself so overly modernistic, just terrible. Super whiny, not likable in the slightest.

Oho, so Bruno is the villain alr. His dragon is pretty cool.

---------

How bout that full circle started asking for panties and ending with seeing panties. Truly a story of all time.

Plenty of plot reveals in this episode. Disappointing that Macy is going to be apart of the main cast but hopefully she'll become more likable if the manga ever comes out of hiatus.

Billy is "the hero." Can't be a shounen anime without your OP teacher/boss character.

Decently entertaining.

anime-primeFeb 12, 12:15 PM
Jan 31, 10:34 AM
Oct 2019
hmm, that was pretty interesting. the concept/world has potential. but i think i primarily enjoyed the girls, their personalities and dialogue

-------

i just realized this is only 3 episodes? and there's a prequel episode that came out after the series ended? hmm

----------

way too short. so many things brought up and not enough time to explore them all. need another, longer season asap

really enjoyed it overall though. the story, the characters (not all of them though), the world, the lore

anime-primeFeb 12, 12:15 PM
Mar 8, 10:31 AM

Jan 2024
Damn this episode was great.
Apr 7, 10:49 PM

Oct 2013
I'm glad that I watched the prequel episode first. Too bad it was released several years after this main miniseries. Without knowing it, this episode's story would be worse than it already was. And it was mediocre, to be honest.

Balgo is gonna be hunted by powerful looking warriors. Poor dude.
4 hours ago

Dec 2020
Visually appealing. The characters were nice. Not enough set up/time to understand the world building. Felt like a rushed short movie. Did they just do the using ya titties as a cup holder meme. Not sure how this is connected to bleach or the soul society.

In the end good but coulda been great.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Burn the Witch Episode 3 Discussion

Adnash - Apr 8

0 by Adnash »»
Apr 8, 11:20 PM

Poll: » Burn the Witch Episode 2 Discussion

Adnash - Apr 7

0 by Adnash »»
Apr 7, 11:40 PM

» Who is better Ninny or Noel?

DSAO086 - Jan 3

20 by Koukyoukyoku »»
Jan 5, 9:53 AM

» Your favorite character in Burn the Witch(ANIME ONLY)

DSAO086 - Jan 3

9 by oogaboogascary »»
Jan 4, 7:51 PM

» Anime adaptation announced.

Piromysl - Sep 16, 2023

9 by Etherius_ZS »»
Jan 3, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.