Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 24, 2020 8:15 AM

Mar 2015
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
70% of raws pretty much leaked.

endeavor went full mental, shigaraki still refuse to down.

well, after last chapter, can't say i didn't see it coming.. but oh well, no way it actually happen.. UNLESS...

let's see if hori can surprise me or not this time.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 24, 2020 12:57 PM

May 2017
I don't even know what to say at this point. That was a great chapter, and that cliffhanger was insane.
Sep 24, 2020 8:55 PM

May 2015
das my boi Bakugo...

kinda regretting I'm up to date with the mange as these cliffhangers are getting crazier...

Sep 25, 2020 5:33 AM
Jun 2015
lets see if Horikoshi has the balls to kill an MC off.
Sep 25, 2020 10:21 AM

Sep 2009
Oh shit that's uh probably not survivable huh
Sep 25, 2020 10:48 AM

Mar 2018
Phenomenal chapter.

But guys, there's no way Bakugo is dying you know ? Not because he's popular, but because he still got many things to do in the story. He needs to apologize to Deku for bullying him, reveal his hero name, get a win (remember he's the image of victory to Deku).

Also, he just now ackowledge that he wants to atone for what he did to Deku, you don't kill off a character after developping him for almost 300 chapters right when he's on the path he was always meant to take.

You have no right to be disappointed if he survives, because at no point it'd make sense for him to die right now.
Sep 25, 2020 10:50 AM

Oct 2019
If bakugo dies or gets out of the hero business because of this I'm gonna cry
Sep 25, 2020 11:03 AM

Nov 2015
I hoped i had a wrong feeling about Kacchan sacrifacing himslef but MAN we cannot lose the best boi now !!!

Btw so predictable that AFO will take over Shigaraki's body!

welp time for timeskip
You cannot spell Light without L
Sep 25, 2020 11:26 AM
Jun 2015
Florent3571 said:
Phenomenal chapter.

But guys, there's no way Bakugo is dying you know ? Not because he's popular, but because he still got many things to do in the story. He needs to apologize to Deku for bullying him, reveal his hero name, get a win (remember he's the image of victory to Deku).

Also, he just now ackowledge that he wants to atone for what he did to Deku, you don't kill off a character after developping him for almost 300 chapters right when he's on the path he was always meant to take.

You have no right to be disappointed if he survives, because at no point it'd make sense for him to die right now.
But then if he survives then there's 0 tension in this series and this chapter would do absolutely nothing. I say let him die and add some stakes to this series.
Sep 25, 2020 11:27 AM

Nov 2015

Bakugo's future :

Now as i and many others feared that this might happen since Bakgo's character has been portrayed weirdly these past couple of chapters implying that he will sacrifice his all for the sake of the ONE HE ACKNOWLEDGED AS A TRUE HERO.

I believe that Horikoshi will kill off a REALLY character in this arc and that is needed since this is a crucial arc for MHA franchise, BUT it doesn't need to be Bakguo, It can be one other character that can serve that purpose.

ALL MIGHT!

Here me out. This can go Granny Chiyo-Gaara route, where All Might can with something give up his life for Young Bakugo and signs of it can already be found in these latest chapters.
The way Bakugo has these conversations with All Might reminds me a lot of an old teacher giving his appreantice advice and knowledge for when dark times arrive.

All Might was the only one that Deku can share his thoughts with throughout this series, and Bakugo can be the one who takes his Mentor's place!They both idolized All Might to unimaginable extent that it would be only fitting for The Great Hero to give up his life for the future of the two brightest heroes.

Now there are also possibilities that Bakugo dies or that nothing happens.

Future of the series:
It was pretty obvious that Shigaraki was only a vessel for the AFO, and now that it did happen i believe that it's TIME SKIP time as Heroes will go into hiding or a lot of them will go vigilante route except Midoriya and few other ones. The world will be turned into chaos once again until Deku doesn't become strong enough to fight the Darkness
Sep 25, 2020 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
im fucking crying. IF SOMEONE'S GOING TO TELL ME BAKUGOU IS A BRAT AFTER ALL THIS DEVELOPMENT HE HAD, IM GONNA FIGHT THEM SRSLY,,, please hori he can't possibly die??? IM CRYING SO MUCH RN I CAN'T,,,,
Sep 25, 2020 1:03 PM
Sep 2018
SOMEONE HIT UP NUX
Sep 25, 2020 1:38 PM
May 2016
I literally have zero clue how all this is going to be resolved. And i am scared, bcoz Hori made some great arcs but couldn't land the ending, so he better habe something pre planned for this arc.
Sep 25, 2020 1:51 PM

Jan 2009
lol Bakugo will not die im almost sure of it since Endeavor got impaled too suddenly anyway

but Bakugo and Endeavor might lose their quirk though since All For One taken over the body of Shigaraki there and he knows how to use All For One more
Sep 25, 2020 3:02 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Deku did three fucking 100% smashes (this is going to fuck his arms for good). Kacchan parallels Deku's save from chapter one to save him while their build up flashes before his very eyes. Fuck I'm out here crying.

I feel like the 4th users quirk is going to play into this or unlock from Deku's sadness and anguish. I don't even want to know how Deku is going to react but my heart isn't ready (even though I predicted this shit from forever ago).

PS. I do like how Shouto ends up helping Enji cool down to do that blast. How Bakugou is being the most mature fucking hero present by coming up with a plan and calling out the heroes who're like "wow he's incredible" "uh no he's being self destructive!" This entire chapter is unbelievable.
Sep 25, 2020 3:14 PM
Nov 2019
Holy fuckin shit! No way I could've seen THAT coming. Is he really gonna die though? Somehow I just don't see it actually happening.
Sep 25, 2020 3:20 PM

Nov 2015
AnimeNerd99 said:
Holy fuckin shit! No way I could've seen THAT coming. Is he really gonna die though? Somehow I just don't see it actually happening.

How tho? Literaly the last couple of chapters, Bakugo was shown the most, and his way of thinking, and how he changed his mind about Deku and acknowledged him as the True Successor to OFA.

Sacrifice was almost 100% going to happen, now we wait to see does he die or does someone save him
Sep 25, 2020 3:35 PM

Feb 2010
Killing Bakugo for shock value is cheap. Just because it's a shounen doesn't mean someone has to die. Characters can retire, swith side... There's also the timeskip that is yet to come.
Sep 25, 2020 3:42 PM

Mar 2018
shane_nichols said:
Florent3571 said:
Phenomenal chapter.

But then if he survives then there's 0 tension in this series and this chapter would do absolutely nothing. I say let him die and add some stakes to this series.

So you prefer meaningless and shocking deaths to well thought out character developement ?
Creating stakes is cool but you need to do it in a smart way. Bakugo wasn't nearly focused on enough in the last 50 chapters for his death to be meaningfull or earned.

Look at Twice, his death is great because it was surprising, emotionnal and made perfect sense in the story. Bakugo dying would be surprising indeed, most likely emotionnal, but he's included into way too many storylines to be getting rid off at this point.
Sep 25, 2020 4:04 PM

Oct 2014
Wonder how Bakugo gets saved. Hope it's something clever and not just that he waits on the sidelines for Eri to show up with All Might and Mirio fixed and ready to go along side her.
Sep 25, 2020 4:05 PM

May 2018
No way he's dead.
If he's dead it will be the most surprising and dumb decision in the manga.
Sep 25, 2020 4:56 PM
Nov 2019
Bronos23 said:
AnimeNerd99 said:

How tho? Literaly the last couple of chapters, Bakugo was shown the most, and his way of thinking, and how he changed his mind about Deku and acknowledged him as the True Successor to OFA.

Sacrifice was almost 100% going to happen, now we wait to see does he die or does someone save him

I know Naruto comparisons are overplayed when to comes to MHA, but this seriously reminds me of Sasuke "sacrificing" himself all the way back in the first arc.
Sep 25, 2020 5:30 PM

Nov 2015
@AnimeNerd99 i meant how did you not see that coming😅. It's totally possible that he survives but that would be bad writing imo, this huge arc needs a death since also time skip is coming. Bakugou,Endevour and All Might are my top 3 most likely to die.

The difference between this and Sasuke's death is that Sasuke's potential death happened way too soon in the story where this is very deep into the story. If this happened to Kacchan in the first 50 chapters noone would think he would die.

It all depends wether Horikoshi wants to make Bakugo the GOAT by killing him or keep him alive. Honestly i think that if Naruto was to be brought up to this, than it's possible that Someone(All Might) goes Granny Chiyo style and sacriface for Bakugou leaving him as the only person who Deku can lean on and leaving the future of the world to the ones who wanted to be like him the most.
Sep 25, 2020 5:39 PM

Mar 2015
ok, reading better english translation, nothing much changed,

still, there is 2 little detail i am interested and people not talking about.

>bakugou telling everyone else about multiple quirk.

does this will change anything?

>calling deku little brother

so most likely original AFO is manifesting now controlling shigaraki?
KumaSep 25, 2020 5:43 PM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 25, 2020 6:07 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuma said:

Though I'm not a fan of Caleb's translations all the time, I'm gonna wait for the finer details when the official comes out on Monday. Bakugou wouldn't blatantly put that out there after all the scolding he did to Deku and AM even if he said "you can only fool them for so long".

There was the earlier bit of AFO trying to come through Shigiraki a few chapters back, I'm assuming the weaker he gets the more AFO is able to control him. Chapter 277:

Sep 25, 2020 6:13 PM

Mar 2015
Stripes said:
Kuma said:

Though I'm not a fan of Caleb's translations all the time, I'm gonna wait for the finer details when the official comes out on Monday. Bakugou wouldn't blatantly put that out there after all the scolding he did to Deku and AM even if he said "you can only fool them for so long".

There was the earlier bit of AFO trying to come through Shigiraki a few chapters back, I'm assuming the weaker he gets the more AFO is able to control him. Chapter 277:

>wouldn't

you expect too much from this. also i don't see other alternative in that context.

also the second part, AFO definitely IN control now tho.
Sep 25, 2020 7:33 PM

Jun 2017
I don't think Bakugo will die but Deku probably fucks his hands up even more after this.
Sep 25, 2020 7:41 PM

Sep 2013
That was a pretty good chapter, though I'd be surprised if anyone actually died here.
Sep 25, 2020 8:39 PM
Jun 2015
Florent3571 said:
shane_nichols said:

So you prefer meaningless and shocking deaths to well thought out character developement ?
Creating stakes is cool but you need to do it in a smart way. Bakugo wasn't nearly focused on enough in the last 50 chapters for his death to be meaningfull or earned.

Look at Twice, his death is great because it was surprising, emotionnal and made perfect sense in the story. Bakugo dying would be surprising indeed, most likely emotionnal, but he's included into way too many storylines to be getting rid off at this point.
Florent3571 said:
shane_nichols said:

You're forgetting who real MC in the story is. There's a time skip coming so something big needs to occur. Bokugous had plenty of fleshing out and developed real well. Horikoshi should do it.
Sep 25, 2020 8:39 PM
Nov 2019
Bronos23 said:
@AnimeNerd99 i meant how did you not see that coming😅. It's totally possible that he survives but that would be bad writing imo, this huge arc needs a death since also time skip is coming. Bakugou,Endevour and All Might are my top 3 most likely to die.

The difference between this and Sasuke's death is that Sasuke's potential death happened way too soon in the story where this is very deep into the story. If this happened to Kacchan in the first 50 chapters noone would think he would die.

It all depends wether Horikoshi wants to make Bakugo the GOAT by killing him or keep him alive. Honestly i think that if Naruto was to be brought up to this, than it's possible that Someone(All Might) goes Granny Chiyo style and sacriface for Bakugou leaving him as the only person who Deku can lean on and leaving the future of the world to the ones who wanted to be like him the most.

I felt All Might, Endeavor, Aizawa, or Gran Torino were the one's likely to die. Bakugo was almost as out-there as Deku.
Sep 25, 2020 8:44 PM

Nov 2015
@AnimeNerd99 yeah at the beggining of this arc,that's what i thought too, but the last couple of chapters HEAVILY focused on Bakugou's opinion of Deku and ways to help him become the successor and how he completly changed his opinion from little nobody to He has what it takes to be the pillar of the Country.

That's a really good build up to him sacrificing himself, unlike how in Naruto, Neji died without any reason🤬
Sep 25, 2020 11:45 PM
Sep 2020
Maybe Eri will be able to heal him? IF she shows up...

This would be a good time to reveal the validity of the "Bakugo is the 3rd user of OFA" theory I saw floating around.

Eri tries to "heal" him and instead accidentally sends him back in time?
But in present time Deku thinks Bakugo is gone for good until he awakens bakugo's quirk which allows them to talk again...

(At the same time, if it's done right,
I wouldn't consider it to be "bad writing" if he died js...)
Sep 26, 2020 2:09 AM
Jul 2018
i shouldve seen it coming,,, ah im hurt
Sep 26, 2020 3:05 AM

Jun 2014
I'd be pretty surprised if Hori has the balls to kill Bakugo here. I imagine that would cause quite the controversy in the MHA community (although he could "kill" him then bring him back later in a plot twist or something idk just throwing that speculation out there).

Also, Deku is going to have to fucking amputate his arms after this lol.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 26, 2020 3:08 AM
Nov 2019
Well the chapter was great. let me tell you guys what could happen in the coming chapters.
Bakugo actually dies.
Deku gets his quirk.
TIME-SKIP
Sep 26, 2020 6:33 AM

Oct 2017
Did that just fucking happen? Bakugo used his body to save Deku? OMFG I almost cried, that was great.
Sep 26, 2020 10:26 AM
Aug 2020
This chapter was absolutely insane. I cried over the cliffhanger for a couple of hours so I swear to god if it means what I think it means...
Sep 26, 2020 11:24 AM

Jan 2018
Praise the character development, we wanted it and we got it! Look at them parallels! Just seeing him reflecting about his journey with Deku does so much for the story, him moving without thinking means he's evolving as a hero too.

Putting the next thing in spoiler 'cuz people that shouldn't be here always complain:

Also, no one has died for the far-reaching spikes, so I don't know what y'all talking about.
alelegonSep 26, 2020 11:31 AM
Sep 26, 2020 8:12 PM

Nov 2018
when i first saw bakugo get stabbed, i was ready to throw my computer across the room from shock. then i sat back and looked at what had occurred, and i realized how meaningful of a death this would be. though i doubt bakugo will actually get killed off (this is shonen after all), i would really appreciate it for the sake of this story.

as people have pointed out, there are very obvious parallels being drawn with "i moved before i could think" that just go to show how far bakugo has come as a hero. when deku experienced this same feeling, it was to save bakugo, causing this moment to come full circle as their roles are reversed. this is so poignant in the story because it goes to show how far bakugo's character has come on his journey to be a hero.

if horikoshi goes through with bakugo's death, it won't feel like it was just done for shock value, it will feel fitting as a well deserved resolution to his character arc. if the story does go that cop out route, i understand why, however i still really hope that they go through with the death
Sep 26, 2020 8:15 PM

Oct 2019
tootiredforthis said:
when i first saw bakugo get stabbed, i was ready to throw my computer across the room from shock. then i sat back and looked at what had occurred, and i realized how meaningful of a death this would be. though i doubt bakugo will actually get killed off (this is shonen after all), i would really appreciate it for the sake of this story.

as people have pointed out, there are very obvious parallels being drawn with "i moved before i could think" that just go to show how far bakugo has come as a hero. when deku experienced this same feeling, it was to save bakugo, causing this moment to come full circle as their roles are reversed. this is so poignant in the story because it goes to show how far bakugo's character has come on his journey to be a hero.

if horikoshi goes through with bakugo's death, it won't feel like it was just done for shock value, it will feel fitting as a well deserved resolution to his character arc. if the story does go that cop out route, i understand why, however i still really hope that they go through with the death

yes bakugo should die
Sep 27, 2020 3:31 AM

Mar 2018
I'm seeing a lot of people who actually want Bakugo to die.

Death is appealing, because it gives real tension to a story and is often a catalyst for the remaining characters development, but what you also gotta understand is that death is a conclusion.

After death there's nothing left to do with said character, no development, no more interations with the rest of the cast. The only influence left is when they'll mention the dead to say how cool he was for example, but that's it.

Bakugo, for the whole story, has been a pivotal element in Deku development, Deku wouldn't be anywhere close to where he is without him.
He is the rival, and the purpose of a rival is to help the growth of the mc. Now please, tell me how Bakugo's absence would help with Deku's progression ? He's not like All Might whose disapperance would force Deku to question what he believed in and to get a hold on himself, and Bakugo's still got a long way to go to atone for what he did to him in the past, even if he's made a huge step in that way in this chapter.

Bakugo dying now would remove one of the main force of the plot, MHA is a character driven story, so getting rid of a character can actually hurt it's development on the long run.

The huge thing happening in this chapter is not Bakugo dying, it's him protecting Deku with his life, so don't say things like "this chapter did absolutly nothing if he survives"
Sep 27, 2020 3:36 AM
Mar 2019
I can't even say shit. It's just like what happened on the beginning where Izuku just went to Bakugo and the sludge thing, the fucking QUIRKLESS boy that he is, to save him.

They even used a same/similar line....
Sep 27, 2020 6:45 AM

Feb 2018
This chapter was sick, predictable yeah but I really like how their relationship grew up, and he might not die perhaps disabled after that attack.
Sep 27, 2020 8:10 AM

May 2020
Bakugo sure has come a long way & people say he dosn't have any character development. Overall amazing chapter
Sep 27, 2020 9:42 AM

Nov 2011
Oh boy, Bakugo being a real hero this chapter. Honestly, he's not going to die, maybe disabled for awhile but I highly doubt the manga will kill him off this way. I'd be fucking surprised if they killed him.

Can't wait to see how anime adapt this chapter someday and see the reactions. Next chapter should answer more questions.
Sep 27, 2020 9:42 AM

Apr 2019
Best chapter in a long time. I like the Bakugo route that has been chosen. Now don’t make Bakugo’s story all for nothing, sacrifices aren’t always necessary but to prolong a story and build something deeper I believe this sacrifice is needed. Too much plot armor in this series, so I doubt a big character like Bakugo dies, but if he does that was a ballsy move by the mangaka that I back up.

Sep 27, 2020 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
There are three outcomes to this sacrifice. One, he dies. Two, he gets his quirk stolen. Or three, he is mortally wounded. Regardless of the outcome though, Horikoshi seriously isn't pulling any punches here.

This is definitely shaping up to be MHA's best arc.
Sep 27, 2020 9:56 AM
Aug 2020
Woah what a cliffhanger! The only thing I hate is the wait!
Sep 27, 2020 10:24 AM

Mar 2017
Omg if he is dead... I’ll be numb forever. PLEASE HORIKOSHI SENSEI, don’t kill Bakugou 😭😭😭

My heart hurts and I’m full of anxiety.... I need the next chapter quick!
Sep 27, 2020 10:50 AM

Jul 2013
The Endeavor Bakugo Todoroki team up was fun.

I love Bakugo's development. His whole life relates to Deku flashbacking as he puts himself in front of Deku. The parallel between this event and the sludge monster is A+

I'm of two minds about Bakugo dying. Him dying would hurt the franchise and ruin the All Might/Endeavor - Bakugo/Midoriya parallelism. However, his death would bring a lot of angst to the story, and a nice end to his arc.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

14 by Abyhape »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.