Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 17, 2020 10:55 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Strong first chapter with good art throughout and a solid plot. Definitely one of the better series from the new bunch this year.
May 17, 2020 11:29 AM

Jan 2018
Interesting start to the series, however I do not support the mc in what he did. It's essentially plagiarism.. but before it exists? I think the girl and the mc will end up working together on either White Knight or a different manga as he can just play it off as having the same idea as her and that he just submitted it first. Not bad overall.
May 17, 2020 11:31 AM
Oct 2019
This was surprisingly great , never heard about this before checking the shonen jump , I hope it keeps up the pace in future chapters
May 17, 2020 11:33 AM

Jan 2015
I really liked how this manga started, seems like it's going to be an interesting one. Definitely one of the best new series we had in the last year or so.

What the MC was essentially plagiarism, but it seems like he isn't conscious of that yet. After all, anyone in his position would think it's just crazy that you'd get to read an issue from the future, and from there it's not hard to think that it was all just a dream, and the idea was yours all along.

Also, looks like One Piece will really end during this decade, considering he didn't recognize any of the series from 2030 :)
May 17, 2020 11:44 AM

Jun 2014
To me it feels like it's no coincidence how this chapter was in the same issue where Kimetsu no Yaiba finished its run as a manga. Coincidence or not, this is basically just a giant desperate promotion to get people to submit their works to the editorial department at WSJ, fucking pathethic.

What an awful first chapter. The editor in chief coming in like some kind of an angel to save the day was the funniest shit ever, what absolute garbage, the writing was a mess. Oh, nice idea to rip-off Steins;Gate while you're at it.
:3
May 17, 2020 11:48 AM

Jan 2020
That was really good first chapter, excited how it turns out
May 17, 2020 11:58 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty good chapter.I really loved it.

I think this will be the next big hit.

May 17, 2020 12:27 PM

Jan 2015
it wasnt bad at all, im exited to see what the girl does lol
May 17, 2020 12:31 PM

Apr 2020
This manga really made me believe something shonen jump has next big hit if it really keeps it pace for future chapters.
It was more interesting than laat few new series. I want see what the manga author wants to show in this story
I really want it to turn into something awesome
May 17, 2020 12:43 PM

Oct 2019
It was a really enjoyable, My guess is that in the next Issue (from the future) White Knight is going the get axed.... and the MC and the girl at the end will work together to make the series better.
May 17, 2020 1:18 PM

Dec 2016
This is one of the strongest first chapter from new series that I read, with possibility to be one of new big WSJ series with Chainsaw Man and Mashle.
but it would be hilarious if in the end manga about writing the best manga turned out to be bad manga and got axed. xD

also about plagiarism, from law perspective this isn't because (at least for now) he have only legal proof (one-shot) that he first came out with the concept, so technically he could sue her (if he wanted)

Thorf said:
Interesting start to the series, however I do not support the mc in what he did. It's essentially plagiarism.. but before it exists? I think the girl and the mc will end up working together on either White Knight or a different manga as he can just play it off as having the same idea as her and that he just submitted it first. Not bad overall.

Same like when he started to copy first chapter I was like "Awesome, I hope he will adapt all chapters!", and then they showed that girl and explicitly the fact that she spend over 10 years to make this maga as good as posible was like ... "oh poor girl... I really feel for you".

Now I really hope he will not become a d*ck and will fight her because he seems as nice guy who got really desperate and got opportunity (even if cheating).

elvishen said:

Also, looks like One Piece will really end during this decade, considering he didn't recognize any of the series from 2030 :)

Also Black Clover... ;)
and all newbies, I mean Guardian of The Witch definitely will be axed but I'm enjoying Mashle and Agravity Boys

Shoko664 said:
It was a really enjoyable, My guess is that in the next Issue (from the future) White Knight is going the get axed.... and the MC and the girl at the end will work together to make the series better.

If this really happen you mister are really smart man.
but I highly doubt it will be axed so fast like maybe after 9~10 chapters (minimum), or maybe something happened to the girl in future and this will be the reason for cancellation? (like she waited so long to publish her manga that she didn't have more time?)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 17, 2020 1:42 PM
Feb 2019
Oh men... was amazing!! No more words, looks like a great promise, like a spiritual successor of "BAKUMAN.", hopefully it's lasts long :D !!
May 17, 2020 1:55 PM

Jul 2017
Great first chapter. Love the concept, love the ridiculousness, love the setting and motives so far. Very strong and impactful beginning and given how I love my Bakuman, I'm feeling a bit of nostalgia too. Very excited for this manga's future.
May 17, 2020 2:01 PM

Feb 2019
Just waiting to see what happens next
May 17, 2020 2:10 PM

May 2019
Ahhhh this was really great, I really hope that it will be a successful manga, as it had a really interesting first chapter!
May 17, 2020 2:33 PM

Apr 2009
It could be interesting. The protag wants to succeed and finds himself an unwitting villain by accidentally stealing someone else's work. What will this girl do, how will he deal with it? Expected to see a gel-nana come out of the microwave.
May 17, 2020 3:04 PM
Feb 2019
Well this was great. Had me asking questions in the middle of it. Like how his manga wasnt in the issue or if he could change the future but then to find out that he copies white knight so that it's his creation (kind of). Funny to see that white knight is already a thing.
May 17, 2020 5:06 PM

Feb 2013
My prediction is he's going to struggle to continue on with the story and the ratings go down, being desperate he will try to use next issues of jumps but will soon realize that since he published it 10 years before its supposed release and changed the future, the next Jump from the future won't have White Knight in it or at least the second chapter. Maybe that's where the Time Paradox comes in. If that's the case he would seek guidance from the original author.
May 17, 2020 9:23 PM

Jan 2015
That was absolutely great. Can’t wait

I wonder if the MC read “East, into the Night” from the 2030 WSJ magazine. It’s an awesome manga indeed
XenocrisiMay 17, 2020 9:29 PM
May 17, 2020 9:32 PM
Mar 2019
That was cool , I have high hopes for this series
May 18, 2020 1:10 AM

Mar 2014
This was awesome. Great art, great premise, and I love how much it sheds light on how SJ accepts series for serialization. There's so many ways this can go. It's ncie to have a SJ series about an adult dealing with more adult problems.
Updated my journal
May 18, 2020 1:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
alpha_shadow said:
To me it feels like it's no coincidence how this chapter was in the same issue where Kimetsu no Yaiba finished its run as a manga. Coincidence or not, this is basically just a giant desperate promotion to get people to submit their works to the editorial department at WSJ, fucking pathethic.

What an awful first chapter. The editor in chief coming in like some kind of an angel to save the day was the funniest shit ever, what absolute garbage, the writing was a mess. Oh, nice idea to rip-off Steins;Gate while you're at it.
Did somebody at WSJ steal your girl or kill a family member? Lol
May 18, 2020 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
So, wait, did she wait for 10 years to get her manga published?

Maybe it really took that long to make the first chapter perfect, which is in contrast to the MC who is trying to succeed really quickly (although 4 years is not that quick either). I can't imagine waiting 10 years for your debut.

Anyway, nice chapter, just that part broke my suspension of disbelief a bit.

I just hope this doesn't turn into a story with dominant female and submissive male which we so often see.
May 18, 2020 3:17 AM

Jan 2011
Interested to see what direction this will take, but don't have much otherwise since it's mostly set up.

If One Piece doesn't end by 2030 then we gotta come back to call this chapter out. Well, if this manga ends up being something to remember a decade from now.
May 18, 2020 4:44 AM

Jan 2018
When Bakuman meet Steins Gate! Humm !!
Good chapter, can't wait next one.

One piece will difinitely end before 2030 without covid slow down, but what about my hero academia and co ... ?
May 18, 2020 8:07 AM
Dec 2018
Hard to say anything in 1 chapter but it will be interesting to see what that girl does in order to stop him or what he will do if he stops getting those issues
May 18, 2020 9:08 AM

Jul 2010
They played dirty on me with this one.

I'm struggling manga artist myself, 26 yo, so of course I have very special place in my heart for stories like this. (If you liked it, please go and read Weekly Shonen Hachi). Seeing someone trying so hard and still losing, having doubts about his path and career... it is always heartbreaking for me to read (even if I'm not even close to draw THIS cool, hahaha).

Yes, evil editors who treat you like shit is such a cliche, but truth is- life is often very, very unfair, and without luck, money and/or connections you often can't make it into industry (whoever you are- artist, actor, musician etc).
Sadly, talent is not enough, you should know at least how to PR yourself, how to catch reader's attention etc.

Art is great. Story is promising. Well, he really plagiarised someone else's work, but I wouldn't call him a "thief"- he changed a story a bit, drew it in his own style + whole concept of time-travelling manga magazine really sounds fantastic if you think about it, especially if you haven't slept for few days. Not trying to defend him though, it's very interesting what he's gonna do when he sees all these other issues!

Solid 8,5 from me, if it gets axed too, it will be VERY IRONIC.

P.S. If he receives magazines from the future... does it mean, someone SENDS them? Maybe new character or even himself from the future? Hope it will be explained and not just a plot device (but we all know he just has Future Gadget # 008 on his hands).
TheMangaManiacMay 18, 2020 9:18 AM
May 18, 2020 9:39 AM

Sep 2017
Interesting first chapter , looking forward to more of it
yikes
May 18, 2020 10:32 AM

Sep 2017
great start! the premise is interesting and im already eager to see what will happen next

May 18, 2020 2:01 PM
Sep 2018
Great start, I like the concept of the manga. It's like mixing Bakuman and Steins;Gate. Hopefully, it stays that good or even better for a long time
elvishen said:

There's a chance that Hunter x Hunter still on hiatus even after 10 years
May 18, 2020 6:13 PM

Jun 2015
Finally, a good first episode.
It's been a while
May 19, 2020 2:30 AM

Nov 2018
Overall, it was a good first chapter! This series is looking to be one of the better new manga that Shueisha is gonna have this year. I really like the concept that this manga is using and I'm gonna read chapter 2 when it comes out.

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

[/center]
May 19, 2020 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
Promising series. The art is good, better than we've had in a while. I though the MC would read a lot of the new series and then make a manga that incorporated a little bit of everything. This is more interesting tho.
May 19, 2020 3:19 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
An entertaining first chapter. I like the premise and the art is solid. There are a number of ways this story could go, so I'm interested to see how it plays out. Will he eventually get caught? Will it come back to bite him now that the supposed "original author" knows?

I also liked how it showed the difficulties of becoming an official mangaka by actually using Shonen Jump.
May 20, 2020 7:39 AM
May 2020
Very promising first chapter. The art was fantastic as well!
May 20, 2020 9:30 AM

Mar 2016
LMAO cool way to start. Though I have personal gratings regarding how it's the usual setup with a main protagonist at the ends of his means/whims and then being saved by pseudo-deus ex machina shenanigans.

At least a certain possible "best girl" has been aware and triggered LOL.

6.5/10
May 20, 2020 5:15 PM
Apr 2018
it was good at the beginning, but the last part when the MC confronts his Editor was too much easy. I get that it means White Knight is the next "insert notorious Shonen Jump manga here" but i feels cheap when the editor in chief appears with literally an angel-like aura and everybody starts to clap at the MC.
Also i believe that the original editor was too much evil and mean to be real (or professional).

Not bad, but it can be better. i can't wait the next chapter
May 21, 2020 8:54 AM

Dec 2015
Deserved "OK" for now.
May 22, 2020 3:01 AM

Jan 2019
Really good first chapter, can't wait for the next

It looks very promising, I hope I will be able to say "I was there from the start" when it becomes popular
May 22, 2020 7:57 AM
Jul 2017
I don't think I've enjoyed a first chapter this much since The Promised Neverland.

Hopefully this gets a long enough serialization and doesn't have a massive drop in quality like TPN though.
May 23, 2020 1:38 PM

Jun 2019
I like this, hopefully it will be a fun series.

Nieznajomy43 said:
This is one of the strongest first chapter from new series that I read, with possibility to be one of new big WSJ series with Chainsaw Man and Mashle.
but it would be hilarious if in the end manga about writing the best manga turned out to be bad manga and got axed. xD

I was thinking the same. Maybe that's when the MC and the girl team up to make the manga a hit instead of a miss.
May 23, 2020 2:32 PM

Dec 2016
HiddenSilentMe said:

Nieznajomy43 said:

I was thinking the same. Maybe that's when the MC and the girl team up to make the manga a hit instead of a miss.

Sorry I was saying that it would be hilarious if Time Paradox Ghost Writer turned out to be bad manga and therefore got axed. :P

but overall I agree with you, I hope they team up.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
May 23, 2020 7:41 PM

Jun 2019
Nieznajomy43 said:
HiddenSilentMe said:

Sorry I was saying that it would be hilarious if Time Paradox Ghost Writer turned out to be bad manga and therefore got axed. :P

but overall I agree with you, I hope they team up.

LOL, well that's definitely a possibility too.

May 26, 2020 4:09 PM

Mar 2017
First chapter and I’ve never identified with a character more! I’m also in my late 20’s chasing my dream and feeling like it might be time to give up when I look at how my peers are all settling into adulthood. But this kind of inspired me that the break through could be just around the corner! Arigatou Sasaki! Hehe 😊

After seeing everyone’s reaction to White Knight I’m verrrry intrigued... can I get a look at that one shot? 😆
Jun 5, 2020 1:45 PM

Feb 2017
This was pretty interesting. Cool stuff.
Poor guy when he finds out that White Knight didn't come out of his head but that it was really from the future. Also interesting how that girl conceived at least ten years earlier than its debut. I guess she will be one of MCs. Remains to be seen if she will somehow team up with him or they will be rivals.
Jun 12, 2020 1:31 PM

Aug 2017
Boring and predictable. I can't see this evolving into something compelling or worthwhile at all.
Jul 20, 2020 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
This was pretty fun, my only gripe is that the author could've chosen something other than a microwave. The time travel with microwave is so universally associated with Steins;Gate that most people are gonna call it out for that.

I kinda wish we had some joke comment about Teppei getting hyped after seeing a new HxH chapter in the 2030 issue of Jump. That would've been hilarious.

Anyway, I'm curious how this story is gonna turn out. Teppei definitely ended up plagiarizing so how is he gonna correct it? Will he continue the ruse or own upto it and make something fresh? This has my attention.
Aug 3, 2020 10:16 AM

Oct 2017
A very interesting premise, I'm alreadt quite intrigued. Thou I do feel bad for the original author of that manga since Sasaki is stealing it and looks like we already know who's manga it is. So that girl proly drew that manga and never submitted it but submits it 10 year later which Sasaki got ahead of time and published himself.
Aug 17, 2020 2:19 PM

Oct 2012
KazumaKoy said:
Great start, I like the concept of the manga. It's like mixing Bakuman and Steins;Gate. Hopefully, it stays that good or even better for a long time
elvishen said:

There's a chance that Hunter x Hunter still on hiatus even after 10 years

Yeah Hunter x Hunter would probably have released 20 more chapters or something and still not have left the boat
Dec 29, 2020 5:26 AM
Dec 2020
I totally agree with you the first chapter was incredible with great thoughts and ideas and looking forward to more with ghostwriting in New York but overall thanks for sharing your ideas. https://thewritingcrew.com/

emily421Dec 29, 2020 5:30 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Time Paradox Ghost Writer Chapter 14 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 30, 2020

49 by ellysejune »»
Jan 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Time Paradox Ghost Writer Chapter 2 Discussion

Stark700 - May 24, 2020

34 by ellysejune »»
Jan 29, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Time Paradox Ghost Writer Chapter 15 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Dec 3, 2020

10 by IrrelevantGuy »»
Apr 20, 2022 12:58 AM

» Looks like Time Paradox Ghostwriter got axed

Naewanz - Aug 26, 2020

39 by happyfacecool »»
Sep 27, 2020 11:11 PM

Poll: » Time Paradox Ghost Writer Chapter 13 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 23, 2020

16 by AbiSa »»
Aug 24, 2020 9:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.