Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 8, 2020 2:48 PM

Feb 2019
So far we’ve got a leaked visual, character designs and some staff info: https://comicbook.com/anime/news/inuyasha-sequel-anime-project-character-designs-hanyo-no-yashahime/

To say I’m excited would be a damn understatement. This is my favourite anime series of all time and I’m literally screaming rn.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 8, 2020 6:38 PM
Jan 2017
I almost am hesitant to believe the sources, was there like an official statement or was it leaked?
May 8, 2020 7:01 PM

May 2018
Would believe it more if there is official announcement. A sequel is great too. Yokai is common being in past Japan but in modern era where Kagome lives,yokai is almost non existence. Need explanation what happen to modern yokai. Where did they gone too.
May 8, 2020 8:25 PM

Jan 2009
looks like Inuyasha Next Generations lol https://twitter.com/Spytrue/status/1258836106818326530

Hanyo no Yashahime: Sengoku Otogi Soshi (Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon) TV anime announced for Fall 2020.
https://twitter.com/AIR_News01/status/1258958948935143425
May 8, 2020 10:22 PM

Jul 2017
omg!! for real??!! aaaaaaggghhh.. i like this.. so the red one is inuyasha's daughter (i like it more if its a boy) and sesshoumaru got twins the purple one is setsuna and blue is towa... where's miroku and sango's children?... good to see them again.. cant wait anymore.. its time to rewatch inuyasha...
"Where ever you are in this world. I will always going to find you.."

"Who cares if we can't see any sunshine, I want you more than any Blue Sky.."

"I hope you'll remember me, even just a little bit.."

"Even if the world is destroyed, I still want to see your smile again.."

"I'm the one who lived my life just to meet you, just like cherry blossoms waiting for the spring.."

May 8, 2020 10:58 PM

Jul 2013
I finished the Final Act when I was still a kid so admittedly, I may have forgotten a lot of things about Inuyasha but I do have some fond memories with it and I might actually try rewatching it before the new season airs. The new installment looks like it's gonna focus on the main characters' children so basically Boruto. Not sure how I feel about that but nonetheless, I'd still give it a try for nostalgia's sake.

When they announce the mother of Sesshomaru's daughter is actually Rin tho... lmfaooo
May 8, 2020 11:01 PM

Jan 2009
not gonna bother with it i have not even watch the final season the 2 cour one since i barely remember any cool action sakuga from it aside from its movies that err side stories and not part of the canon story
May 8, 2020 11:02 PM

Oct 2012
Plot Summary: Kagome got tired of social distancing at home so she decided to go back into the isekai. She's now a fujoshi, and she runs into her first prince, Nekoyashi!
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
May 8, 2020 11:09 PM

Aug 2011
I was shocked when I read this news. It really came out of nowhere.

Inuyasha had plenty of flaws, but it was a really fun series anyway, and I have good memories of watching it. It had a really satisfying ending though, with no loose ends, and all of the characters were exactly where I thought they should be, so I don't know how I feel about this new series. I realize it's not going to focus on the main characters from the original series, but I still feel like there's really no need to return to this universe. I'm hoping it doesn't feel really forced or dull, as they try to come up with a story that has no need to exist in the first place.

That said, I'm absolutely going to be watching it anyway. I'm excited about it, but I'm going to keep my expectations low, and hope it's at least decent. If nothing else, it should be worth watching just for the nostalgia alone.
May 8, 2020 11:11 PM

Jan 2009
awesome song i still remember from it though

May 8, 2020 11:11 PM

Nov 2019
Wut? The childs of the protagonists? This reminds me the case of Golden Sun on the Nintendo DS, which ended up being pretty meh.
May 8, 2020 11:13 PM

Apr 2015
Cloude said:
I personally want to know what everyone thinks about this, as a Inuyasha fan who grew up watching it as a kid, this feels surreal to me. This was the very first anime I fell in love with and arguably what got me into anime, and I think that's likewise for many other people. Wanted to share my excitement and get everyone's opinion :D

https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/announcing-yashahime-princess-half-demon

oh wow, thx for the info.. well, i love playing Inuyasha game in PS1 when i was in elementary school. And i have watched the inuyasha series ending too.

I don't really get with the new anime plot tho. So are there like 4 mc? Inuyasha n kagome's daughter, Seshomaru's daughter, Towa n Setsuna.

Try reading Spy x Family Manga ^_^
U will love it, i promise...
May 8, 2020 11:14 PM

Aug 2014
Hmmm I have Inuyasha actually in queue right now and plan to watch it within a couple of months, so that's cool.
May 8, 2020 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
lswarmruler said:
So are there like 4 mc? Inuyasha n kagome's daughter, Seshomaru's daughter, Towa n Setsuna.

Inuyasha Next Generations right there
May 8, 2020 11:24 PM

May 2015
So, Inuyasha: Next Generations is a thing lol. I wonder if the success of Kimetsu no Yaiba has something to do with this, since both series have kinda similar premises, it would be the right time to bring back the franchise. Or maybe it's just for the anime series 20th anniversary.
May 8, 2020 11:27 PM

Nov 2015
there's the reason i needed to pick up the rest of the manga
and i guess

that i just don't know
May 8, 2020 11:38 PM

Apr 2020
Normally I'll just stick with hentai, but I'll be checking this out.
May 8, 2020 11:51 PM

Jun 2019
Unbelievable to the umpteenth degree...my lord. I just was commenting not more than 24 hours ago in a post authored yesterday about the Higurashi remake/revival that nothing is off the table and those who have been saying for years there would never be a sequel or continuation, reboot, etc. of certain series shouldn't be so sure as we're seeing reboots of early 2000s series these past few years with 15 - 18 year gaps in-between, and anime even based on 90s, 80s and general older manga.

And yet, while I even said that, something in the back of my mind prevented me from consciously ever applying it to Inuyasha. I knew it was a technical possibility as anything is, but didn't allow myself to dwell and perseverate on the thought for fear of chasing a phantom, stoking the void, and rekindling an insatiable sense of yearning and loss.

I'm just glad I'm alive to see this day. Not even the release of further details or the actual premiere down the road, although that would be glorious. Just this day is sweet enough for now. I'm glad to have lived past the point of hearing this breaking news and stand witness to its testament.

Inuyasha is one of the two anime that really changed my whole outlook on anime and cartoons, film and television, music, Eastern and Western storytelling, and pulled me into this treasure trove and dizzying world of anime, but though certain great stories have come almost within reach, like a drug addict chasing a high, I've found nothing has quite reached its incredible heights yet.

And it's unlikely this, in whatever form it takes, will either, but this is literally the rare case of its ultimate quality being a secondary factor. Just it existing, knowing it exists, and breathing oxygen on this day in history to know it will exist (barring natural or manmade apocalyptic calamity in the interim) is enough.

The amount of references will be off the charts. Eventually watching this with the experience of the old series in my back pocket may be the first time I really feel like a denizen of the house this subculture built. Bring Kaoru Wada back.

Such an overwhelming upset. Anything after this can be no more than an anti-climax.
May 8, 2020 11:59 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Congratulations to fans of the series!

I’ll try my best to catch up to this by the summer and then go on to keep up with this weekly.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 9, 2020 12:03 AM
May 2018
Inuyasha was one of my first Anime ever. I was still a kid back then, but when I finished watching Inuyasha, it hit me so hard that I was crying every night for like a month straight, and was imagining how the story could continue. And here we go, I'm definitely pumped to see this.
May 9, 2020 12:09 AM

Nov 2007

Nobody saw this coming but I am super excited for this! Huge fan of the franchise! Especially when the story is based on the daughters! Cannot say no to this!
shanimebibMay 9, 2020 12:12 AM
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 9, 2020 12:13 AM

Mar 2013
shanimebib said:

Nobody saw this coming but I am super excited for this! Huge fan of the franchise! Especially when the story is based on the daughters! Cannot say no to this!

seems like there are no indications we will see Inuyasha and the crew, but I am hoping we see them! Also the music for this show was one of the best, so I hope to hear that
May 9, 2020 12:23 AM

Nov 2007
Cloude said:
shanimebib said:

seems like there are no indications we will see Inuyasha and the crew, but I am hoping we see them! Also the music for this show was one of the best, so I hope to hear that

Well, it looks like the twins will take the centre stage. Why do the younger one looks like Rin?

I could already spot the two (Front Left and Rear) so the news of the front two being twins came as a surprise!

Also, I want to see Miroku and Sango's children. They should be part of the story at the very least!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 9, 2020 12:31 AM
Apr 2020
ren_moon said:
So, Inuyasha: Next Generations is a thing lol. I wonder if the success of Kimetsu no Yaiba has something to do with this, since both series have kinda similar premises, it would be the right time to bring back the franchise. Or maybe it's just for the anime series 20th anniversary.

That could be 1 factor.

Another could be the results of this NHK poll, which ranked Inuyasha as the #1 best series of Takahashi Rumiko.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-11-19/the-results-are-in-for-nhk-ultimate-rumiko-takahashi-poll/.153413

May 9, 2020 1:01 AM
Jul 2018
Thank you for making me remember the awesome 2nd OP of InuYasha.

I'm freaking out right now, so nostalgic, yet I only watched lime 5 episodes.
removed-userMay 9, 2020 1:04 AM
May 9, 2020 1:01 AM

Feb 2008
Well this is unexpected! Given that Inuyasha is one of my all time favorites and one of the series that got me into the whole anime genre, this is really good news for me.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
May 9, 2020 1:07 AM

Jan 2020
I didn't even know this existed! Wow, must definetely watch this!!
Sub4Ever - DubNever
May 9, 2020 1:37 AM

Mar 2020
Wow I'm really excited!! I hope it will be good, not like Boruto (not that I watched that, just heard it was bad).

I watched Inuyasha when I was a child and now it will continue, that's a shock!
I'm worried tho, because it's not even made from a manga, I hope the mangaka is involved properly in the making.

It's not clear for me, how many years had passed in Inuyasha world since the end of the Final Act?

I really hope Sesshomaru's daughters are NOT Rin's....please...But it's weird because they are just half-demon...where did he find a human woman...
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
May 9, 2020 1:38 AM

Feb 2019
Dis gonna be following boruto route now...
May 9, 2020 2:03 AM

May 2018
Is this official confirmation or still rumor?
May 9, 2020 2:06 AM

Mar 2013
Gorochu said:

ITS OFFICIAL AND COMING THIS FALL 2020 :D
May 9, 2020 2:53 AM

Oct 2013
Sesshomaru X adult Rin impregnating doujins when?

I wonder how being 25% demon will effect Kagome’s and Inuyasha’s daughter since being half basically made you almost a full on yokai with blood lust issues in battle and turning full human on specific dates or periods
May 9, 2020 3:43 AM

Oct 2010
The plot seems so complicated, twins, one raised by souta, reunited after 10 years, memory loss, then the daughter of inuyasha appears. I'll watch it cause I am a fan but I don't consider it canon, it's not drawn by takahashi rumiko.
May 9, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2016
I'm so surprised by these news,especially now that i'm currently watching Inuyasha.This is going to be interesting...
I lowkey hope that Sesshoumaru's wife is not Rin.That would be so wrong,but at the same time,that's the most likely possiblity.
SummerynMay 9, 2020 4:46 AM
May 9, 2020 4:35 AM

Jul 2019
One more reason for me to finally watch the original series. I really liked Ranma 1/2 and Maison Ikokku, so maybe I should give it a try before the sequel airs.
May 9, 2020 4:42 AM
Jul 2018
I would have never expected that, I'm so excited and can't wait!😍

Cloude said:
Gorochu said:

ITS OFFICIAL AND COMING THIS FALL 2020 :D

YES!

The daughters of Sesshomaru and Inuyasha set out on a journey transcending time!

YES! 😍
May 9, 2020 4:46 AM

Oct 2017
Totally unexpected news and I'm surprised af. Really looking forward to this.
May 9, 2020 4:57 AM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
deg said:
awesome song i still remember from it though

I love this ending and Sesshomaru is still handsome.
May 9, 2020 4:59 AM
🔥🔥🔥

Jan 2020
OMG OMG OMG. This is SUCH a surprise. Inuyasha is my favourite anime of all time.

I'm so shocked! I hope Inuyasha shows up. It would make my life to see Inuyasha as a grumpy dad. That would be so adorable. I hope the main cast is back as well as the next generation. I didn't think we'd get more Inuyasha content.

We all thought 2020 was going to be one of the worst years in history but at least this is something great to look forward to.

🔥 🔥 🔥 . 阿良々木 暦, 傷 物 語 . 🔥 🔥 🔥
Build a man a fire and you'll warm him for a night
but set a man on fire and you'll warm him
for the rest of his life...
- H E N D Y -
May 9, 2020 5:15 AM

Mar 2013
Deknijff said:
Sesshomaru X adult Rin impregnating doujins when?

I wonder how being 25% demon will effect Kagome’s and Inuyasha’s daughter since being half basically made you almost a full on yokai with blood lust issues in battle and turning full human on specific dates or periods

This. I really want the story to touch on all of this! I just pray it stays true to the original and gives us a great story!
May 9, 2020 5:25 AM

Jan 2020
Man, I need to watch this show beyond episode 4 haha
My youtube channel about music and anime :
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_rrNoYApg1VQ-PIT7jZ37Q
May 9, 2020 5:28 AM

Oct 2013
Find it funny people here hoping Rin isn’t the mother
I can’t picture her being with anyone else tbh

Please don’t complain about the age difference people. Inuyasha is like at least 50 or 100 years older than Kagome
What matters here is love not arbitrary age
May 9, 2020 5:34 AM

Dec 2017
nbdkjsfibfebfefbef can't wait!!!
May 9, 2020 5:37 AM

Jul 2016
Deknijff said:

Please don’t complain about the age difference people. Inuyasha is like at least 50 or 100 years older than Kagome

I don´t think this has anything to do with age,it's more about the dynamic.Sesshoumaru and rin share a father/daughter relationship which is what makes this feel so weird,whereas Kagome and Inuyasha pretty much both act like people of their age,so there´s no power imbalance.
SummerynMay 9, 2020 5:42 AM
May 9, 2020 5:38 AM

Sep 2017
Wow, I really didn't see that coming

That should be interesting I guess, but I still can't picture Kagome as a mother :')
May 9, 2020 5:40 AM

Jun 2016
Definitely the news of the day. So many series are making a comeback, Log Horizon, Bleach, Higurashi and now a spin-off continuation of Inuyasha. Nice.
***roaming the vast anime universe***
May 9, 2020 5:45 AM

Mar 2020
Deknijff said:

The problem is not their age gap. The problem is that Rin was a child when they met and Sesshomaru was kinda like his adoptive father or something. And then when she gets old enough they get together? That's so creepy. That's why I hope it's not Rin. It could be anyone, I don't care, just not Rin.
"If you accept everything you're told without question, you'll lose your ability to think.
Even if you reached the same conclusion, it would still be worth analysing the reasons behind it."

- Lacie Baskerville, Pandora Hearts
May 9, 2020 5:45 AM

Oct 2013
Missaliensan said:
Deknijff said:

I don´t think this has anything to do with age,it's more about the dynamic.Sesshoumaru and rin share a father/daughter relationship which is what makes this feel so weird,whereas Kagome and Inuyasha pretty much both act like people of their age.
But Inuyasha doesn’t act like a old man
Joking joking

Could be a father daughter relationship at the start of the series but after the series ended Rin was left by him though so she could grow up with humans if I’m not remembering wrong and he would just visit her from time to time

Don’t have a issue personally seeing Sesshoumaru as Rin’s first love after saving her life at least 2 times and caring for her during a short period of time

@Xerx62 You just assuming the creepiest alternative happening
Who knows it could be a super heartfelt emotional journey of Rin trying to win over the man she loves who just sees her as a child but her winning him over and being happy together for the rest of their lives building up their family
DeknijffMay 9, 2020 5:52 AM
May 9, 2020 5:48 AM

Feb 2008
Catalano said:
The plot seems so complicated, twins, one raised by souta, reunited after 10 years, memory loss, then the daughter of inuyasha appears. I'll watch it cause I am a fan but I don't consider it canon, it's not drawn by takahashi rumiko.

Judging by the style, the promotional poster appears to have been drawn by Rumiko Takahashi herself (or by someone who can imitate her style very well ?). I also wonder how much is she involved in the story writing for this sequel. Given that all the MCs are girls, I hope it doesn't turn into a fanservice fest.

Don't talk to me about character development if Kaizuka Inaho or Slaine Troyard are in your favorites.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Subtitles with honorifics?

Puncheon - May 26

2 by Notshane »»
May 27, 8:05 PM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 23 Discussion

ClementIV - Mar 8, 2010

40 by prozyne »»
Apr 18, 4:15 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ClementIV - Oct 10, 2009

96 by prozyne »»
Mar 25, 5:30 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 11 Discussion

tsubasalover - Dec 12, 2009

41 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 3:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha: Kanketsu-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Chimasternmay - Nov 21, 2009

128 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 3, 1:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.