Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 2, 2020 7:27 AM

Feb 2020
And that's it. The end. I'm gonna miss my girls so much... I really hope for a second season, though it seems unlikely, I don't see how exactly they could expand what has already been done...
This show gets a solid 8/10 from me ! There isn't a single episode I didn't like, the characters were great, the passion put in the show inspiring...
This last episode lived up to my expectations. It was nice to see the trio deciding on how to deal with the music, the convention too, but what really made this episode was the anime. It was beautiful, I would've loved to see an entire show revolving around that story. I loved how we can feel the inspiration from Yuaasa's other works, I got reminded a lot of Kaiba, it was great ! It was far from a perfect work, but you can feel the love and passion our heroines put into it.
And the episode's final scene was perfect for the show. I really like how this time, they focused solely on the girls' reaction to the anime, showing us that while we would probably expect them to be amazed at their own work, they instead conclude that the quality is pretty good and Asakusa, of course, feels like it can always be better.
It's great to end the show on this : a creator will never be fully satisfied by their own work, but that's what keeps the passion up !
Apr 9, 2020 7:37 AM
Feb 2016
Been an enjoyable ride but really hate that secretary from student council. Love those girls having fun making anime but still I'm hoping they show the aftermath of their success. Hoping for more
Apr 10, 2020 10:59 AM

Dec 2013
Definitely another great show for people who like to create things. I put in the same category as Bakuman since it's really cool to see people going through the creative process. I wouldn't mind a second season.
Apr 16, 2020 11:47 PM

Mar 2020
Not gonna lie... I'm gonna miss this show.

I find it funny that I went in with the impression that the winter 2020 season was garbage, and came out with something I consider better than what I'm used to.
Apr 17, 2020 4:07 AM

Feb 2018
One of the most boring anime...i dont like chara design and graphic, really.
Apr 19, 2020 5:04 AM

Sep 2019
I didn't enjoyed it. I stick till the end and still ain't enjoyed it. An anime about making animation? Sounds good. That was a first thought. After watching bakuman I thought this would be my jam but no. This isn't bad my expectations were too high. One of the worse animation I've ever seen. And don't anyone start with like it's creative and shit couse it ain't. They haven't even got to making animation stuff and how hard it can be, they just skipped it.

It wasn't my jam. 4/10. I know people enjoyed it and stuff I didn't.
Apr 30, 2020 1:14 AM
Mar 2012
What a mixed bag. Some annoying characters, random dialogue (with messed up subs cut offscreen), recurring student council trope.
Took half a season but grew to like Kanamori the best as the sane manager, and Mizusaki's backstory was nice too with great performer-animator theme.
There's good expressive animation mixed with ugly art, creative layout designs with cool camerawork.
Some pacing editing got too random including ep11 and other flashbacks, messes the story flow. There's a few amazing episodes like ep8 besides some random ones.
Overall the shorts production had realistic bits and great to see with passion, and the trio's been quite funny.
May 5, 2020 9:46 PM

Oct 2008
Their final movie was completely incoherent, I'd have no idea what it was about if it wasn't for all the explanations beforehand. Didn't like anything about this series apart from Kanamori and a little bit of trivia on anime making process.
May 10, 2020 5:22 AM

Oct 2008
So, I just finished marathoning Eizouken a couple of weeks ago. Honestly, I'm still at a loss. I should really like it and I do really like it, but for some reason, I feel that I'm not liking it as much as I think I should.

As-is, it's neither here nor there for me. On one hand, we have all the lovely imaginative stuff and insight into the animation process and the nuances of the art. On the other hand, we have the story of a group of 3 (well, really 2+1) girls trying to follow their passions. It seemed like they weren't able to tie the two things together as well as say Shirobako. Like, I loved the animation talk because I'm an anime fan, not because the characters gave me a particular reason to care about it. This is something rather unique to activity-specific anime. Bamboo Blade is a great example of an anime that got me interested and invested in the sport because I cared about the characters. I didn't give a crap about kendo before watching that series. Or Barakamon with calligraphy. Or Yakitate!! Japan with baking. Or K-ON! with music. Or Bakuman with manga. That's how I differentiate a good activity-specific anime from a maybe not so good one. The characters make the activity, not the other way around.

Speaking of the characters, interestingly enough, my favorite character had to be Kanamori. She's what I want in a friend. Realistic, cynical and manipulative, but trustworthy to a fault. You know she'll get you out of any bad situation you find yourself in and bring you down to Earth when you have your head too high up in the clouds. Mizusaki was okay but Asakusa didn't have much development. And while I get that she's supposed to be the creative type, her procrastination was a little bit annoying at times.

Lastly, I wasn't a big fan of how they glossed over how hard animating a short with only two animators (and some outside help with the backgrounds and music) was. Like, yeah, they were sleepy sometimes and Mizusaki was seen with some bandaged fingers, but come on. It had to be way harder than that.

So, all in all. Enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as it could have been for me.
May 11, 2020 8:54 PM

Feb 2012
They managed to pull it off, that's some quick thinking from Asakusa.
I wish we were able to listen to the voice over and seen more in depth from the ufo battle anime.
Excellent anime overall with good ost.
I went into this blind but i'm not regretting it.
8/10 for me.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Jun 6, 2020 6:55 AM

Jan 2011
Zyrph said:
Eh overall just a very boring show to watch. It was imaginative, but it did not save it from being dull throughout.
4 posts? LOL

This is far from dull as the show is a wild ride. Episode 9 in itself is fucking acid trip of gorilla marketing.

This show was a breath of fresh air. Ignore comments liek this guys. Eazy breezy 9 out of 10.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Jun 6, 2020 7:16 AM

Jan 2011
Actar said:
So, I just finished marathoning Eizouken a couple of weeks ago. Honestly, I'm still at a loss. I should really like it and I do really like it, but for some reason, I feel that I'm not liking it as much as I think I should.

As-is, it's neither here nor there for me. On one hand, we have all the lovely imaginative stuff and insight into the animation process and the nuances of the art. On the other hand, we have the story of a group of 3 (well, really 2+1) girls trying to follow their passions. It seemed like they weren't able to tie the two things together as well as say Shirobako. Like, I loved the animation talk because I'm an anime fan, not because the characters gave me a particular reason to care about it. This is something rather unique to activity-specific anime. Bamboo Blade is a great example of an anime that got me interested and invested in the sport because I cared about the characters. I didn't give a crap about kendo before watching that series. Or Barakamon with calligraphy. Or Yakitate!! Japan with baking. Or K-ON! with music. Or Bakuman with manga. That's how I differentiate a good activity-specific anime from a maybe not so good one. The characters make the activity, not the other way around.

Speaking of the characters, interestingly enough, my favorite character had to be Kanamori. She's what I want in a friend. Realistic, cynical and manipulative, but trustworthy to a fault. You know she'll get you out of any bad situation you find yourself in and bring you down to Earth when you have your head too high up in the clouds. Mizusaki was okay but Asakusa didn't have much development. And while I get that she's supposed to be the creative type, her procrastination was a little bit annoying at times.

Lastly, I wasn't a big fan of how they glossed over how hard animating a short with only two animators (and some outside help with the backgrounds and music) was. Like, yeah, they were sleepy sometimes and Mizusaki was seen with some bandaged fingers, but come on. It had to be way harder than that.

So, all in all. Enjoyable, but not as enjoyable as it could have been for me.
They didn't gloss over it though. Kanamori legit has a line where she tells Mizusaki how she has to work day and night to get something done on time. I don't wish to be rude, but do people actually pay attention. Also constantly bring up,"Aniamtion is hard guy" is sallow and kind of something you heard before. Showing the process and how ideas coem to be is more interesting.
Jun 6, 2020 8:05 AM

Oct 2008
MasterHavik said:
They didn't gloss over it though. Kanamori legit has a line where she tells Mizusaki how she has to work day and night to get something done on time. I don't wish to be rude, but do people actually pay attention. Also constantly bring up,"Aniamtion is hard guy" is sallow and kind of something you heard before. Showing the process and how ideas coem to be is more interesting.

One line IS glossing. For a show about the medium of visual storytelling, wrapping everthing up with a single line should be a cardinal sin.

Just check out Shirobako or even that one episode of Golden Boy.
Jun 6, 2020 8:42 AM

Jan 2011
Actar said:
MasterHavik said:

One line IS glossing. For a show about the medium of visual storytelling, wrapping everthing up with a single line should be a cardinal sin.

Just check out Shirobako or even that one episode of Golden Boy.
I did and people need to slow down. Constantly repeating that part is hard at this point kind of "No shit". There are more important parts like the story and laying out a storyboard and explaining what going on. They also showed you how animators think with their habit to constantly travel outside of the office for ideas. That's a bigger deal than," Animation is hard man." The show doesn't gloss over it, but it doing the classic show don't tell. You should show this instead of having to remind the viewer such a concept. I get what you're trying to say, but there is mroe to aniamtion than just saying it's hard. As a writer, I can tell you being a writer is hard but you most likely already know that. Instead I'll tell you that planning, staying on task, and avoiding writer's block are much bigger deals than "Writing is hard."

Seriously, I don't think people need to be constantly reminded of something so simple.

Edit: Also there was more than one line as Kanamori has to constantly chew them out when they decide to goofy or greatly change the project to something else reminding them of the deadline. That's a good way to show aniamtion is hard as the minds of thsoe two girls wanders like crazy. Show don't tell. This show gets that.
Jun 6, 2020 9:08 AM

Oct 2008
MasterHavik said:
Seriously, I don't think people need to be constantly reminded of something so simple.

I don't think you're getting it. It's not about reminding people, it's about suspension of disbelief, especially for me.

Yes, everyone knows that animation is hard. But if it's so hard, then how were only two high-school girls able to produce anime (albeit shorts) with what looks to be hardly any effort? It takes away from the realism of the situation and reduces the stakes. There doesn't seem to be any consequence of their goofing off or daydreaming or procrastinating because they gloss over all that and you know they'll be able to get things done at the end of the day.
Jun 11, 2020 11:26 AM

Jun 2013
Kanamori is the most objective and capitalist character I've seen in anime.
Jun 13, 2020 9:47 AM

Nov 2019
I have to learn Negotiation Strategies from Kanamori. I still can't believe that Kanamori voice is the same of Kakashi-Sensei when he was young :)
Jun 14, 2020 3:19 PM
Jul 2013
That finale was a bit anticlimactic to me.
Definitely more about the journey than destination.
Easy8/10, it will hold a special place in my heart nevertheless.
Jun 15, 2020 2:47 PM

Mar 2019
Loved the show overall, some episodes are 10s while others maybe 8s but still consistent quality. 9/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2020 10:00 AM
Oct 2012
This show is a basement neckbeard's worst nightmare, no garbage kawaii girls just 3 stupid girls being stupid
10/10
Aug 2, 2020 9:28 AM
Mar 2020
Imagination is the main source of any good show.The imagination level in this show was beyond anything and you can call it a good show. I never find this series boring at all.It's good enough to make your mind say dude these animation level. Just loved it.
Aug 18, 2020 12:48 PM

Jul 2015
To think one doofus almost ruined the anime that has been in over 100+ days of production, well at least things turned out better due to Asakusa's quick thinking and the groups hard work.

This was pretty fun watch, I liked the eccentric main characters (especially the realistic Kanamori since she keep things going), seeing the process on how anime can be created and also the unique, creative productions they made.

Sep 6, 2020 11:39 AM

Oct 2017
Streamed this anime with my friend, and we both agreed that this is a magnificent anime about animation.

First of all, the art style is super unique. Rough pencil sketch lines and watercolour marks really brings out the best of Asakusa' imagination. I also love the way humans were drawn in this anime. They were not drawn in the way were used to seeing in most animes, which brings a sense of uniqueness of Eizoukan. When the characters move, their emotions are evident in the wild movements of their limbs. As someone who once studied art in school, I was able to relate to most of the art talk in this series.

Story-wise, I think each character has a great introduction and background story. We see a teenage showbiz model trying to break free from her parents' expectations in order to achieve her dreams. Then we got a backstory of Kanamori, whose determination to work with money came from her youth when she was working for her family. I really do love these character backgrounds, and I'm looking forward to more in the series.

Again story-wise, although it took half a season for the gang to be on track, i really do love the first half of the series when they were just starting the club. I enjoyed watching the process of them creating and discussing different anime styles, along with Kanamori bossing them around. I learnt so much through this anime regarding animation.

In my opinion, the story for the second half of the season is a little too fast. Again, I enjoyed watching them work through the process of creating anime, such as when Tsubama filmed herself fighting to use it as reference, and Parker talking about audio and sound effects. We also get to see Kanamori being a youth entrepreneur. Her description for every action she took was explained easily in layman terms, and I appreciate that. I think she could be my waifu after this.

Overall, 9/10. Definitely one of my favourite animes.

ALSO DID I MENTION THAT THE OPENING IS FUCKING BOP AF
nerd_64Sep 6, 2020 11:43 AM
Nov 17, 2020 9:41 AM

Jul 2017
Decent enough finale to wrap up the show. The actual anime screening this episode was good but the least favorite of mine compared to the other two (anime short and robot).

Overall, this rewatch did improve my score but by a bare minimum amount, from a 4 to a 5 sadly. I loved the screenings, visualization and passion for animation and direction, and the characters did have their moments as well as solid enough chemistry. But the story got really stale and repetitive fast, and some episodes were just flat out boring despite trying to be creative with the visuals. It's too formulaic, and I wasn't a fan of the voice acting/sound department of the show either (especially that tragic opening song). Would it make my top 10 of the year despite the low score? Maybe. It's just been a horrible year for anime for me in general and this show definitely underwhelmed, but its not bad either. Just average. I liked the style but sadly the more I got used to the style, the more I realized how bland a lot of the substance is behind the presentation.
Nov 25, 2020 1:39 PM

Jan 2017
i knew i was going to like this anime, because science saru and masaaki yuasa never dissapoint, but i didn't expect it would be so damn good. it really shows how much passion was put into it.

i'd be very happy if this gets a 2nd season, although the ending was very satisfying to me. i'm definitely gonna miss all 3 best girls (especially kanamori).
Dec 14, 2020 6:01 PM

Jun 2020
I like this show. It was very creative. I don't know how anime and manga is created so to see a peek of what goes into it was very cool. It was also refreshing also to see girls in a show with normal voices, and not the usually high pitched "anime" voice we always hear. This was a great show, and though it's a bore at times, Overall I very much enjoyed it. A second season would be cool, but I'm content if this is all we get. 8/10

EDIT: Also both the OP & ED for this show are great. I was sad to see the credits roll for the last time, but what a overall fun show.
RivacoopDec 14, 2020 6:05 PM
Feb 2, 2021 2:59 PM

Nov 2013
Wow, this anime in anime was so boring, what a waste of fucking time.
Feb 9, 2021 3:50 AM

Mar 2015
Great anime overall, it'd be nice if a second season came about so we could see how far they can continue to go!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 11, 2021 2:24 PM

May 2017
Mixed feelings about this one. It started out so incredibly strong and exciting. I loved the first few episodes. I enjoyed being with these quirky characters and their bright personalities. But the moment it got to the mid part is where it kind of lost its charm for me. The story was kind of repetitive and the characters even though I liked them and enjoyed most of my time with them, were insanely 1-dimensional. There isn't really much variety in this show. You have a character cast of 3 people and these 3 people stay the same for the entire run. The constant never changing happy mood started to kind of wear down on me near the end. The first few episodes were also really intriguing to me because of how they went into the details of anime production. That obviously faded away later on when it was more about creating settings, stories, and the whole marketing process. Also the last story with the ufo's was bullcrap, preferred the more simplistic approaches before that much more.

I really appreciate the love and the hard work that went into this anime though.
Apr 28, 2021 2:46 PM

Aug 2017
Wasn't the duration of Eizouken's latest film going to be 30 minutes? I wonder why was this even mentioned in-universe because it's clearly impossible to show such a work within the limitations of a TV anime (nor does it makes sense to dedicate 30 minutes of screentime for that).

I'd say that the ending was less "bombastic" than potentially possible, though the fact that the source manga is yet to be concluded should be taken into account. Also I'd say that it actually might reflect the more serious tone the work of our trio took - they have even more problems to solve now with their growing popularity.

Aside from this and a few nitpicks regarding animation and (not very broad) choice of music, I really loved the show and what it was trying to say.
St0rmbladeApr 28, 2021 2:54 PM
Oct 29, 2021 9:41 PM
May 2021
Honestly, I was underwhelmed by this ending. I thought that the final animation didn't make much sense even though it was very pretty. I am glad this anime is not longer that 12 episodes. Good show in general tho 6/10
Mar 25, 2022 10:49 AM

Jul 2021
The direction is creative, the cast are, fun, and man I enjoyed this wholeheartedly. Going to miss this show. 8/10
"......If I told you that I was a real witch, would you believe it?"

Apr 13, 2022 12:07 AM

Sep 2018
The show was only 12 episodes, yet it felt like a two cour series, what a slog that was, getting though that shit. One of these rare occasions when I'm well off my initial judgement of a show from when I either started it or even before beginning. Came into it expecting to love it, ended up hating it lmao.

90% of the time, I felt like I was simply being lectured about the ins and outs of making animation, a study session in anime form, and it ended up being INCREDIBLY boring personally. The art didn't do it for me either, nor did the sound, nor the characters. Only liked the creative setting. 4/10.
Jun 29, 2022 12:22 PM
Dec 2021
I found this okay. Isaac newton from Ikemen vampire is very hot.
Oct 23, 2022 4:31 AM
Nov 2020
Just like PMMM, this show is so close to my heart, I love the message and even the littlest interactions between the characters! <3
Dec 7, 2022 5:52 AM

Jun 2019
My 205th series completed chronologically.

For the record, I extended it an 8/10 rating.
Jan 4, 2023 1:51 PM
Mar 2021
normas, poidet. neploxo
May 20, 2023 8:12 AM

Dec 2022
I feel like the ending was a little weak, they still had like 40 days in production, so a surprise delay right before a deadline I didn't know was there didn't feel right.

And that short on the end was a pretty subpar. It was amazing for kids, but if I didn't hear their explanation beforehand I would have had no idea what the hell was going on.
May 22, 2023 8:41 AM
Apr 2023
could not understand the movie
Sep 7, 2023 6:31 AM
Aug 2018
ぉヴぇいt
Oct 27, 2023 8:31 PM
Jan 2020
SOOOOO GOOOOOOD I WISH THERE WAS MORE EPS
Nov 1, 2023 7:22 PM

Jan 2021
Good anime the entire cast was a blast to watch. Kinda weird that this was on my radar for the longest time and only now have I watched it. It was an anime worth watching so much love and passion went into this show. The worldbuilding especially the environment feels so purposeful, and I'm glad they took full advantage of it. Kanamori like what most people told me was the best part of the show. She was always hilarious and in-character keeping the plot moving. Only thing I didn't like was they're anime at the end it was just okay. The music track at the end was used way too long, and was really bland. The anime would have been better if they had obviously gotten better music, but they're were definitely some improvements with the story because of it. The dance party was a childish glad that's a bonus scene instead.

But like that little gremlin said there's always something to improve and that's what keeps projects like this exciting.
Mar 9, 7:30 PM
Oct 2015
mo bom fml assistam uiui desein e diero
Mar 20, 11:03 AM

Jun 2008
This show started like very boring (much imagination, but little substance), the second half showed a considerable improvement so I'm glad I kept watching. So overall a decent anime, not bad by any means. Also Kanamori, that girl is like anime production Machiavelli.

Apr 22, 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
The characters are very likeable, it's a shame there is no more 😭
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2020

104 by eevee-trouble »»
May 4, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2020

264 by eevee-trouble »»
May 4, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2020

76 by Kristiwazhere »»
Apr 11, 7:11 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2020

100 by poguschampus »»
Apr 6, 5:42 PM

Poll: » Eizouken ni wa Te wo Dasu na! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2020

98 by little_raven »»
Mar 9, 7:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.