Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Feb 22, 2020 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More buildup as part of this episode but hey, we got some Mash screentime with Fujimaru. Looks like they really got all the key players for the battle. Gilgamesh also has the charisma to push his plan forward.

The battle itself looked epic as I had expected with the Goddess leading the troops. Mash and Fujimaru faced off against some of the enemies in the air while everyone played their roles. Ye, I think this is the type of episode worth waiting for if you've been anticipating it after all the buildup.
Feb 22, 2020 7:35 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
Great episode Quetz is amazing

Feb 22, 2020 7:44 AM

May 2015
Holy shit was that stacked... Literally a perfect episode including that amazing ending. Idk how they'll top this production wise but I'm thoroughly satisfied with this adaptation. Angry AUO noises knowing FGO is taking ANOTHER break this week...

Feb 22, 2020 8:37 AM

Apr 2016
If this song was not playing inside your head during that scene ..

.. you watched it wrong.

Best girl (who peeps thought is ded) here to stop the big moma. Next week last recap, and then big finale in the last three episodes.
Feb 22, 2020 8:49 AM

Aug 2016
What a fantastic episode. Quetz's NP was awesome and Tiamat actually looked better in this episode. Easy 5/5
Feb 22, 2020 8:50 AM

Jan 2009
holy shit what an episode that was from the Gilgamesh speeches to the battle scenes, is Quetz dead? and RIP Ushiwakamaru and Benkei too but damn Gorgon is still alive in the end

see you all 2 weeks from now
Feb 22, 2020 8:54 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
What a great episode.
Feb 22, 2020 8:59 AM

Feb 2019
Simply put this episode was Fucking amazing, Jesus christ the level of sakuga was God tier. Sasuga Onsen-sensai. It had everything that makes Fate great. The slice of life bonding moments, the comedy, the emotional moments and of course the last third which was a visual orgasm. I wish this wasn't so slept on(In the west outside of Reddit).

3 more eps to go, can't wait to see how they handle these
Feb 22, 2020 9:02 AM

Aug 2017
I saw it raw, absolutely epic episode , Tiamat looks great, very few CGI and the few scenes of CGI are way more disquised than before
Great Dialogues , great fights, great episode
Visual Novels should have a place in this site, really
Feb 22, 2020 9:04 AM

Oct 2017
This episode in one word was INSANE. Gil's speech was magnificent and touching. The battle scenes were really amazing and Quetzalcoatl's NP animation was great.
Feb 22, 2020 9:09 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Gil's speech was absolutely incredible, I got hyped as hell listening to him talk about as long as one person, or one fraction of Uruk survives, their legacy and their wills live on forever. The part where he mentions that it's time to end the age of the primordial Gods and give rise to the age of men was awesome and also reminded me of the story of Dark Souls 1. Gil is just way too awesome in Babylonia. His conversation with Kingu was very nice as well and I like that he is willing to help him out even though he is a faker. Ironic because in FSN he accuses Archer as a Faker. XD

Fight sequences were amazing as expected, the amount of Sakuga and production quality in this is just off the charts. At least they putting that FGO money to good use.

It makes me sad to see corrupted Ushiwaka. :(

Quetazalcoatl's NP was pure awesome and the final clash was epic as hell.

The ED insert at the end was very nice and Gorgon showing up was a little unexpected. I thought Ana got her, curious to see how she'll fair against Tiamat.
Can't wait for the next episode and big finale.
Feb 22, 2020 9:10 AM

Aug 2009
Gorgon ; _ ;

I thought the ep will end without her arrival so while Prover did hit me emotionally I just lost it when she actually arrived to end this episode.

Glad they cut out the fake harem stuff from Quetzalcoatl.

And Tiamat was so great in this ep. What happened in the previous one?
Feb 22, 2020 9:20 AM

Dec 2015
HOLY SHIT!

This episode sure give damn chills! Can be said the best episode so far (surpassing ep 8) imo

Gil's speech remind me of NGNL speech a bit. You teased us again, Siduri Servant when?

Quetz and Benkei sure did add to great addition of last moments

And Tiamat sure looks way better in this episode (both 2D & CG)
Feb 22, 2020 9:21 AM

Jan 2009
btw is there any hints of romance between Gilgamesh and Siduri? since clearly Gilgamesh is missing her in this episode
Feb 22, 2020 9:22 AM

May 2016
I’m lost for words that episode was amazing. Cloverworks adaptation has exceeded all my expectations. Is it true we won’t get an episode next week?
Feb 22, 2020 9:23 AM

Aug 2013
Fuck!!!!!! what an incredible episode. I can't find the right words to describe how amazing it was.

Quetzalcoatl's NP was just awesome. Good thing Fujimaru was able to back her up with his final command spell. The whole animation was top-tier.

Oh, and let's not forget about Gilgamesh's speech to his people. That was incredible.

CloverWorks did an amazing job with this episode and I'm looking forward to seeing the last three episodes. I personally don't mind the week break.

Feb 22, 2020 9:27 AM

Dec 2017
must say, this was one explosive episode. great hype for quetzalcoatl sacrifice
Feb 22, 2020 9:29 AM

May 2015
ssjokg said:
And Tiamat was so great in this ep. What happened in the previous one?

Their approach to her seems to be fairly consistent. More than anything, her model benefited immensely with the darker aesthetic in contrast to last episode. I can officially say she looks better than Gorgon, so it's probably okay to be optimistic despite the lackluster reception last week.

Feb 22, 2020 9:32 AM

Feb 2018
Goddamn what an episode, Quetzalcoatl was a beast holy shit
Feb 22, 2020 9:40 AM

Jun 2014
Holy shit this episode was insane. That last chunk of the episode was animated so damn well, and this show has impressed me throughout its run with its relatively consistent animation quality. To say this was impressive would be a massive understatement, that was a feast for the eyes.

And let's not forget Gil's speech before the battle. That got me hyped and made me feel like I was about to go out there and fight. No matter what issues people may have with this anime, one thing is certain, Gilgamesh has practically backpacked this show. If you say otherwise, you're wrong.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Feb 22, 2020 9:42 AM
Aug 2019
This was an insane episode Gil speech was amazing plus Quetzalcoatl NP looked so good. And how did Gorgon manage to pop out at the end, that was unexpected.
Now we have to wait two weeks till the next episode.

Feb 22, 2020 9:43 AM

Sep 2014
Gil speech was really damn amazing, also that Siduri ;-;
No Quetz kiss goddammit, was still great though.
Gorgon mama is back yay, too bad it's break next week.
Feb 22, 2020 9:52 AM

Jan 2013
Nearly teared up just by how beautiful this episode was. Now we have to wait an extra week.
Feb 22, 2020 9:59 AM

Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
What happened in the previous one?

They put the engine on.
Feb 22, 2020 10:01 AM

Aug 2009
People that still call Iskandar the most charismatic King definitely havent seen Gil at his best.

And unless they retcon it next ep I am happy they didnt
like they did with Ushi and Benkei.
Feb 22, 2020 10:02 AM

Apr 2012
the whole anime so far was a 8 for me but that episode was 10/10 so i upped the anime to a 9.... if it continues like this though it is a 10 for sure.... god damn this episode was soooo good.
Feb 22, 2020 10:05 AM
Jul 2013
deg said:
btw is there any hints of romance between Gilgamesh and Siduri? since clearly Gilgamesh is missing her in this episode

Nah, in canon they are friends, gilgamesh and enkidu have closer to romance than gil and siduri tbh, but fanon exists ig so have fun.

Anyway the episode was fucking fantastic i teared up so many times im so so so happy with how they handled it my fucking god. The kingu/gil scene tore me apart, i have no fucking words ahh. This was so good, bye gotta watch it again

Feb 22, 2020 10:05 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Quetzalcoatl was amazing in this episode. I love the work Aya Endo is doing with this character, she's really nailing it. And she's even pronouncing all them difficult names in Nahuatl right.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Feb 22, 2020 10:06 AM
Dec 2018
This is what we were waiting for before Ep.1.
This is how Fujimaru should be.

When can FGO have no more Ukyo Kodachi? Such cancer is he.
Feb 22, 2020 10:17 AM

Apr 2016
deg said:

You know you can miss a dear friend right ? You know that right ? You know that concept of friendship still exists right ?

But fujoshi will not stand anyone else other than Enkidu with Gil so be careful what you say. Fgo fandom is full of them.
Feb 22, 2020 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
deg said:

You know you can miss a dear friend right ? You know that right ? You know that concept of friendship still exists right ?

But fujoshi will not stand anyone else other than Enkidu with Gil so be careful what you say. Fgo fandom is full of them.

well there is friends with benefits too that is more about romance imo and i find it hard to believe that Gilgamesh is not a playboy
Feb 22, 2020 10:20 AM

Apr 2016
deg said:
Swagernator said:

well there is friends with benefits too that is more about romance imo and i find it hard to believe that Gilgamesh is not a playboy

You seem to find many things hard to believe. As i follow your posts in fgo discussions.
Feb 22, 2020 10:20 AM
Jun 2017
This was by far the best episode of babylon so far, the sound design, the animation, the noble phantasm, the ending, it all came together so well. Quetzalcoatl and fujimaru's combo was amazing and heart wrenching, it was truly an amazing episode and I hope it keeps on getting better, I especially liked gilgamesh and kingu's interaction and the ending with Gorgon's entry with the ed was just amazing. I highly recommend this anime, can't recommend it enough, it is just amazing.
Feb 22, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2009
Swagernator said:
deg said:

But Enkidu has no gender, we just use male pronouns because he actually slept with a woman.And then he created his image based on her.He is more female than male.

Wow that sounded weird even before I posted it.

Jan 2009
Swagernator said:
deg said:

You seem to find many things hard to believe. As i follow your posts in fgo discussions.

err no this is the only time i find it hard to believe that Gilgamesh is not a playboy if that is what youre implying

Feb 2011
Ok finally a really good episode, and an episode that definitely solidifies Quetzalcoatls as the best girl. Thanks based Nakaya Onsen for your based chins.
Feb 22, 2020 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
deg said:
i find it hard to believe that Gilgamesh is not a playboy

He was a playboy and that was the reason the people prayed to the gods to help them and why Enkidu was created to make him chill.
Feb 22, 2020 10:22 AM

Apr 2016
ssjokg said:
Swagernator said:

But Enkidu has no gender, we just use male pronouns because he actually slept with a woman.And then he created his image based on her.He is more female than male.

Wow that sounded weird even before I posted it.

Dont tell that to me, tell that to them .. they seem to really like Girl x That giant forest monster who was enkidu originally. Guess they are all into trees or some shit.
Feb 22, 2020 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
ssjokg said:
deg said:
i find it hard to believe that Gilgamesh is not a playboy

He was a playboy and that was the reason the people prayed to the gods to help them and why Enkidu was created to make him chill.

when did Gilgamesh befriended Siduri? before his playboy days or after his playboy days? lol just curious
Feb 22, 2020 10:26 AM
Jan 2015
deg said:
Siduri is more like family, an order sister type that stuck by his side since the beginning.
My Queens

Feb 22, 2020 10:29 AM

Aug 2009
deg said:
ssjokg said:

when did Gilgamesh befriended Siduri? before his playboy days or after his playboy days? lol just curious

When he was a chill kid.

Siduri never got married so it doesnt matter, since that was Gil's thing.

She is also a completely different character in the Epic so again it doesnt matter.
Feb 22, 2020 10:29 AM

Jan 2009
-Mahesvara said:
deg said:
Siduri is more like family, an order sister type that stuck by his side since the beginning.

i just see Gilgamesh as a playboy but ok i was just curious of how he feels about Siduri there
Feb 22, 2020 10:31 AM
Apr 2019
This episode really feels like a final standing, kinda desperate, but kinda awesome :3, also it's a pretty decent plot ending for benkei and ushiwaka + shiduriiii!!! whyyyyy!!!
Feb 22, 2020 10:36 AM

Apr 2015
Kingu x Gil moment
Gil Speech
Lahmu and Ushi battle
Benkei support
Quetz NP
DAT Gorgon at the end

Truly a fantastic episode.

Don't want to wait two more weeks for the next episode..
Feb 22, 2020 10:49 AM

Apr 2013
Gilgamesh delivers a speech and saves Enkidu from dying, Quetzalcoatl nukes Tiamat and MEDUSA Returns... what an episode
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Feb 22, 2020 11:05 AM

May 2019
Holy shit
this was the best episode so far
i got goosebumps every second
words cant Express how good this episode was
but unfortunately i believe there is another break after this episode

5/5
AskaaNov 3, 2020 4:33 AM
”A fight isn't won once a victor is decided, it's won when someone loses.” – Izayoi Sakamaki

I don’t even know the real names of the two… no, three that I killed back then. I just closed my eyes, put my hands over my ears and tried to forget it all.” – Kirito

MY ANIME LIST
Feb 22, 2020 11:10 AM

Jan 2009
Gilgamesh speech about Symbolic Immortality is really cool after a rewatch their race will live on in history and not by blood
Feb 22, 2020 11:12 AM
Nov 2018
Does anyone know what next weeks episode is about ?
Another recap ?
Feb 22, 2020 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
Obiwan164 said:
Does anyone know what next weeks episode is about ?
Another recap ?

They did a special on New Year's that featured Ayako Kawasumi (Artoria's voice actor) traveling and touring around London to visit a lot of places associated with Arthurian legends, with Merlin narrating the entire special.

They're going to rebroadcast this special in the time slot of Babylonia next week, with episdoe 19 airing the week after.
Feb 22, 2020 11:29 AM

Aug 2012
and I thought this was going to be a small episode that would end with Gilgamesh's speech but they added so much more. I cant tell which np I like more between Ishtars and Quetz. Damn was really hoping we'd get the entire Gorgon scene during the ED song but there wasn't enough time. I felt so teased. One more week of anticipation.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2019

173 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 2:29 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2019

287 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 9, 1:18 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2019

176 by keynutil »»
Apr 1, 3:14 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2020

186 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:46 PM

Poll: » Fate/Grand Order: Zettai Majuu Sensen Babylonia Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2020

220 by Apreggi »»
Jan 11, 2:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.