Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 21, 2020 6:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Orphen's got some balls, some major balls for finding that monster and taking it on.

At any rate, this show so far tells me that Orphen himself is actually quite heroic but does need to learn more to improve himself. It's a tough world.
Jan 21, 2020 7:30 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wtf ? now he's enemy with Azalie ? story is turning to shit
Jan 21, 2020 8:02 AM
Dec 2015
Ashhk said:

agree

this anime is shit
Jan 21, 2020 8:09 AM
Feb 2009
End of todays ep felt extremely rushed and confusing. Trying to get out probably the most important conversation in the series so far in 2 minutes didn't work to the shows advantage. Almost makes me want to check out the '98 version to see if they handled it better.
Jan 21, 2020 8:22 AM
May 2017
We got a lot of shocking reveals this episode. I have no idea what's gonna happen next. RIP Childman and everybody else who died. I evem shed tears after this episode. I do feel bad for Orphen though. It's like he wasted the last 5 years.
Jan 21, 2020 9:13 AM

Oct 2017
Wow this had some nice twists but things felt pretty rushed and that made things pretty confusing.
Jan 21, 2020 9:20 AM
Jan 2016
Did they just rush through an entire arc in 3 episodes? The original series took 24 episodes to tell this whole story. Granted half of it was filler but damn that was seriously rushed.
Jan 21, 2020 9:21 AM
Jan 2016
Lunarhawk said:
End of todays ep felt extremely rushed and confusing. Trying to get out probably the most important conversation in the series so far in 2 minutes didn't work to the shows advantage. Almost makes me want to check out the '98 version to see if they handled it better.

'98 series is much better. This series is way too rushed
Jan 21, 2020 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
Too tragedy for me, rushing or not. I want a happy fantasy life. Real world is bad enough.
Jan 21, 2020 10:06 AM
Jan 2020
prrgangsta said:

It is not rushed. Azalie story is finished in only 1 volume at the original novel series.
Jan 21, 2020 10:13 AM
Jan 2016
HunterRntrpy said:
prrgangsta said:

It is not rushed. Azalie story is finished in only 1 volume at the original novel series.

Really? That's disappointing. I feel the classic anime did it better. Hopefully it gets better because so far I ain't getting into it like I did the original
Jan 21, 2020 10:30 AM
Jul 2019
Even before finding out she switched bodies they didn’t really make a good effort in terms of story telling to make me feel like I was on the protagonist’s side. By the end of the episode I was just like kill the dragon and be done with it already lol
Jan 21, 2020 10:40 AM

Oct 2017
Huh, this felt like a final episode.
What's up next? Random adventuring?
Jan 21, 2020 11:40 AM

May 2018
Whoa you mean to tell me that Childman was Azeli all along???????

Jan 21, 2020 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
Azalie Thanos' snapped that Entire force lol. Animation was good. The story is kinda meh as of now.

Find Azalie, turn her back, and get angry at her. I mean i guess it's cliche and I get it but whatever.

Im down for random Orphen adventures now.

Azalie is kinda hot though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 21, 2020 1:53 PM

Jul 2013
I had my expectations low after the first two eps, but I was still going to watch.

And my expectations are still low.

Atleast the incessant "AZALIE" screams will be out of the way hopefully.
Jan 21, 2020 1:53 PM

Feb 2015
So he goongs from wanting to save Azalie to wanting to kill Azalie in one episode. The writing is really bad, the comedy aspects are unfunny and really out of place as well.
Jan 21, 2020 2:36 PM

Aug 2014
prrgangsta said:
HunterRntrpy said:

Really? That's disappointing. I feel the classic anime did it better. Hopefully it gets better because so far I ain't getting into it like I did the original

The thing is, in the novels all the Azalie thing is just like "the first adventure", but when the classic anime was released the novel was still on diapers, so they changed and expanded all the azalie arc.

Crashmatt said:
So he goongs from wanting to save Azalie to wanting to kill Azalie in one episode. The writing is really bad, the comedy aspects are unfunny and really out of place as well.

Not exactly, he was looking for a way to save Azalie for years and when she finally appears, she's not the idealized Azalie that Orphen had in his mind, but someone that can sacrifice everything to fullfill her goals.

So, when Orphen realized that Azalie made all those horrible stuff, he confronted her.
kofmasterJan 21, 2020 2:41 PM
Jan 21, 2020 2:53 PM
Dec 2019
HunterRntrpy said:
prrgangsta said:

Wow, that's interesting. Was pretty surprised by the ending because I assumed the "Azalie arc" would span a longer time. Is Orphan like a collection of short adventures, or will a bigger main story start soon?
Jan 21, 2020 3:22 PM
Mar 2017
Azalie really had everything well controlled, the battle was more a massacre.
I felt so sorry to see Orphen cry for his beloved Azalie, but the tears were in vain since Childman was the one who really died and finally Azalie cheated on her fate, if it wasn't because Orphen was the one who knew the truth and faced the witch .

I don't know if Orphen really would have forgiven Azalie, after Comicron and Childman died it's hard to forgive, although on the one hand he returns her female body as a way of compensation, now what will become of Orphen? and can Orphen trust the word of Azalie?
Jan 21, 2020 3:55 PM

Aug 2018
Well, ok. I admit this caught me off guard but the revelation kinda felt irrelevant. I mean, it's simply hard to feel anything from this conclusion, considering both Azalie and Childman were absolute minor characters despite their growing importance.

Yeah I'm staying on my hunger : this arc surely could have been concluded in a way better way.
Jan 21, 2020 5:11 PM
Oct 2017
gotta love the end of eva speeches with adam in the black-and-white 40s format.
wait...
Jan 21, 2020 5:39 PM

Nov 2017
Having not seen the original anime,I was sorta enjoying this,until this episode.
Still like Orphen,but that was a tad confusing and felt extremely rushed,even to me.
Jan 21, 2020 6:09 PM

Oct 2015
From what I can remember, this reveal was toward end of the first season, which was 24 episodes. This series so far feels like I'm watching the cliff notes version of the show, and I just skipped ahead to read the ending. I can't even remember if they even called Azalie, Bloody August in this version, that was like episode one in in the '98 version.
Jan 21, 2020 7:55 PM

May 2019
Interesting plot twist. The episode itself was well-paced, although I wonder how they're going to deal with the repercussions of the arc. Childman is now gone and no one knows it except Azalie and Orphen.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Jan 21, 2020 8:39 PM
Sep 2009
Script writing skills 4tw
Jan 21, 2020 9:16 PM
Jan 2016
siradix said:
From what I can remember, this reveal was toward end of the first season, which was 24 episodes. This series so far feels like I'm watching the cliff notes version of the show, and I just skipped ahead to read the ending. I can't even remember if they even called Azalie, Bloody August in this version, that was like episode one in in the '98 version.

That's pretty much what just happened. I remember the '98 series taking 24 episodes for this. Granted half was filler but it still handled the story better
Jan 21, 2020 9:19 PM

Sep 2014
That was confusing
Jan 21, 2020 10:05 PM

Jan 2008
prrgangsta said:
Lunarhawk said:

Agreed. They're going warp speed for no reason. I actually own and enjoy the original anime. I remember not liking it initially because at the time I thought it was going at a snail's pace, and only needed to be 12 episode instead of 24 (so much filler). This version of the series is easily the polar opposite.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jan 21, 2020 10:44 PM

Mar 2009
lolwut. I'm so confused.
Jan 21, 2020 11:07 PM

Feb 2018
Now the story is all messed up! I never expected this to happen. It was really shocking to me what Azalie did. I mean: if she wanted to kill the dragon, why did she let everybody die? And why did she fight Kirylancelo? Didn't she consider him to be a little brother? She was fighting to kill him. This is all messed up so far
Jan 22, 2020 1:58 AM
Jan 2019
Harucchan said:

I mean: if she wanted to kill the dragon, why did she let everybody die?

And why did she fight Kirylancelo? Didn't she consider him to be a little brother? She was fighting to kill him. This is all messed up so far

Azalie probably wanted it to look like both sides took massive losses. And all the people dying would be a cover up, since it would only be Azalie/Childman and Orphen knowing about the failed experiment.

Orphen pointed out that Azalie was NOT aiming her attack on critical points. And remember, Azalie/Childman can do healing "repair" magic anyway (since she stabbed Orphen, killed Childman dragon, then healed Orphen enough for him to go and cry over the dragon head).

Also my mind keeps reading his name as Kylo Ren. I can't control my brain...
ZeoraimerJan 22, 2020 2:41 AM
Jan 22, 2020 3:37 AM
May 2019
Very enjoyable episode, so Azalie was Childman all alongšŸ˜®
So many nice twists, truly an exciting episode.
The battle was very engaging and fun.
Love the faster pacing, I really hate when anime drags it's nice to see that this is not a case with this show.
This was pretty straight forward episode there was nothing really all that confusing about it, I guess some anime fans lack attention span or are not used to stories with twists and turns.
Jan 22, 2020 4:15 AM

Jul 2017
I don't know...Orphen (the series) being so old, and I'd feel like this reboot is not doing it justice. Don't know about the actual source material, but I assume it wasn't as bad as this one.

With Azalie's dragon rampage, Orphen definitely scores in going from saving to killing her against Childman, plus the overly-emotional last moments of Azalie.

But what happened right there and then, was a plot twist. With it all being a farce, it just strikes out as being contrived for plot reasons. For some reason, I'd feel that with good guidance, even old material like Dororo and Fruits Basket can get better treatments and relive the experience once again, but not for Orphen.

First arc done? What comes after that?
Jan 22, 2020 9:50 AM

May 2012
I love the twist in this episode
Jan 22, 2020 11:25 AM

Nov 2016
This anime is being more enjoyable that I thought it would be given the rating here (Which, even if flawed, can be a good indicator to if you will like a show.)

People are saying that this felt Rushed but just a tiny bit, like condensing a 4 or 5 episode arc into just 3 Even though suppossedly the 1998 version took 24 episodes to tell all this with tons of fillers probably. I can't see how the original version could've expanded this arc so much really.

The Animation on this looks better than anything in the latest season of NNT which is something I never thought I would say.
GokaiKingJan 22, 2020 11:29 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 22, 2020 12:59 PM
Apr 2019
kun_kirito said:
Ashhk said:

agree

this anime is shit
l was like " man ! such a beutiful story ! " ....and now ... his enemy is azalie

are u kidding me ?
this is how a good anime goes to trash
Jan 22, 2020 5:27 PM

Sep 2019
I’m really curious how many chapters have been adapted so far, I feel like this first arc should have lasted for at least half the show and especially with this episode I feel like a lot had to have been rushed/skipped. The deaths were totally meaningless and the plot twist didn’t hit like it could have because my head was still spinning. The fights were done pretty well though, I’m definitely liking this show just wish they spent more time on this arc
Jan 22, 2020 10:17 PM

Nov 2008
Twists. Twists all around!
The black-and-white battle looked awesome. More, please.

Boy, people sure like to complain a lot. :'D

But as you can see, this show ISN'T afraid to kill characters and that's refreshing from modern shounen which for the most part, feels "too safe" at times.

Also the next episode is a flashback so cool your shit; it's amazing how people are angry when things aren't explained immediately...and then they bitch about 'exposition dumps'. WHAT DO YOU WANT?

kofmaster said:

The thing is, in the novels all the Azalie thing is just like "the first adventure", but when the classic anime was released the novel was still on diapers, so they changed and expanded all the azalie arc.

Oh man, THAT explains so much. xD I honestly had no idea. AND I'M GOOD WITH IT. I don't want the same thing over again; I want a faithful adaptation!

suppossedly the 1998 version took 24 episodes to tell all this with tons of fillers probably.

@Afloo IT DID and I was less than happy about it. There was also too much drama...I mostly watched that version because I liked Orphen himself so much. xD Azalie was never my favorite character and I didn't like how the whole season focused on her issues with Cleo pushed off to the side, practically. In fact, they made it seem like Orphen was in love with Azalie instead. I hated that >_>
ChiibiJan 22, 2020 10:26 PM

Jan 23, 2020 5:34 AM

May 2008
Well... I guess it's about on par with some of the shit on fanfiction.net back in the day. What's the target audience? 6 year olds?
Jan 23, 2020 6:28 AM

Nov 2019
Guy went from wanting to smash Azalie to wanting to literally smash Azalie, twas dumb af

Azalie was supposed to be op af right, why they go sword fighting? Stupid af
Haunt88Jan 23, 2020 5:24 PM
Jan 23, 2020 9:38 AM

Nov 2008
YggdraSEED said:
Guy went from wanting to smash Azalie

He never thought of her like that; she's just his mentor and older sister. Geeze. :p

Jan 23, 2020 11:03 AM

Dec 2016
Chiibi said:
YggdraSEED said:
Guy went from wanting to smash Azalie

He never thought of her like that; she's just his mentor and older sister. Geeze. :p

Ara ara, there are some series in which this isn't obstacle but extra spice. ;)
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 23, 2020 11:09 AM

Dec 2016
kofmaster said:
prrgangsta said:

Crashmatt said:

Not exactly, he was looking for a way to save Azalie for years and when she finally appears, she's not the idealized Azalie that Orphen had in his mind, but someone that can sacrifice everything to fullfill her goals.

So, when Orphen realized that Azalie made all those horrible stuff, he confronted her.

So there are two thing that I don't understand, now she is a officially main villain? also what is now Orphen goal? because from what I understand both Azalie and Orphen what her to have real body so why they didn't joined forces?

Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.97/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.164/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.86/? - weekly)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.53/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jan 23, 2020 11:18 AM

Nov 2008
Nieznajomy43 said:
Chiibi said:

Ara ara, there are some series in which this isn't obstacle but extra spice. ;)

Yeeeeeeeeeeeah, Orphen was written well BEFORE Oreimo so it's not one of those. Lol

Jan 23, 2020 5:35 PM

Oct 2012
I seem to be in the minority but I found the first two episodes to be fairly boring but enjoyed this one. The twists were good and I hope they bear weight for the adventures yet to come.
Jan 23, 2020 5:59 PM

Nov 2008
Wistaire said:
Well... I guess it's about on par with some of the shit on fanfiction.net back in the day. What's the target audience? 6 year olds?

What about this says "6-year-old audience" to you? No, it's not for that age group. =_=

I don't get you people; "a character being a traitor suddenly makes the writing bad"?

Why? How?

Jan 23, 2020 6:12 PM

Feb 2018
evaguyver said:
Harucchan said:

I mean: if she wanted to kill the dragon, why did she let everybody die?

And why did she fight Kirylancelo? Didn't she consider him to be a little brother? She was fighting to kill him. This is all messed up so far

Azalie probably wanted it to look like both sides took massive losses. And all the people dying would be a cover up, since it would only be Azalie/Childman and Orphen knowing about the failed experiment.

Orphen pointed out that Azalie was NOT aiming her attack on critical points. And remember, Azalie/Childman can do healing "repair" magic anyway (since she stabbed Orphen, killed Childman dragon, then healed Orphen enough for him to go and cry over the dragon head).

Also my mind keeps reading his name as Kylo Ren. I can't control my brain...

It makes sense. It still contradicts her image at the beginning of the show. She seemed to care about other and all of that, but she even let Cromicron die. At the second part, I understood it was Orphen who didn't aim at any vital parts; that's why Azalie stood up at the end. Still, the show left me with some doubts. I don't know if they will elucidate them later or not, but I think some things don't make much sense
Jan 23, 2020 8:36 PM

Sep 2018
So this is the final arc for Azalie right? I'm annoyed with her. I want to see Cleao and Orphen start their adventure already!
Jan 24, 2020 4:13 AM

May 2008
Chiibi said:
Wistaire said:

What about this says "6-year-old audience" to you? No, it's not for that age group. =_=

I don't get you people; "a character being a traitor suddenly makes the writing bad"?

Why? How?

The constantly explaining everything directly to the audience even when it's already obvious. Either it's meant for little kids or for people with no brains.
Either way, I'm not enjoying it. That's alright.
If you do enjoy it, go for it. Also fine.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2020

44 by ZER0PT »»
Jun 12, 2023 6:19 AM

» Did they fuck up the remake?

RyuRabbit - Jan 21, 2021

4 by fudish123 »»
May 21, 2023 3:07 PM

» Why bad rate? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 8, 2020

94 by Scootboi »»
Jan 19, 2023 8:00 PM

» foster sister? mc going for revenge? let me guess

sondongpyo - Feb 27, 2022

1 by Diapolo10 »»
Feb 27, 2022 4:18 PM

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

19 by Unkrowned »»
Jun 14, 2021 8:51 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.