Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2020 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, I'm not surprised that Orphen's allies would come to his aid when he needed the most. This arc dealing with the Tower of Fangs goes to show the loyalty he has with his team and friends.

Also, I think it's important to realize that Orphen is fighting not for himself but for the sake of others and for that, he deserves a lot of credit. Tbh, this show was pretty average to me. Nothing too special at all.
Mar 31, 2020 7:21 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Pretty good show imo, I know the animation wasn't really good but I really liked the story and characters
Mar 31, 2020 8:33 AM
Oct 2016
this isn't the finale right.. There's a next episode preview at the end here and I saw before it's listed to have 14 episodes
Mar 31, 2020 8:51 AM
Jan 2018
Dukino said:
this isn't the finale right.. There's a next episode preview at the end here and I saw before it's listed to have 14 episodes

acording to Anilist there will be a sequel OVA on May 8
Mar 31, 2020 9:03 AM
Feb 2020
I want season 2!

I love this show, Orphen is amazing.

Also, Cleao is so damn cute, I want to see more from her.

Mar 31, 2020 9:04 AM
Oct 2016
JajaMaruXD said:
Dukino said:

So confused by all this, wish it were more clear but if this is the finale then cool. Guess the ova in May will be worth to see. Glad I watched the show
Mar 31, 2020 9:18 AM
Feb 2014
In my opinion this adaptation was better than the first one, I don't know why this adaptation is rated that low compared to the first one.
Mar 31, 2020 9:33 AM
Sep 2015
This show give different aura than other show because its source adaptation is 20+ years old, and I like that even pace and soundtrack are kinda like anime from 90s too!
Mar 31, 2020 9:33 AM

Jul 2017
Finally, the strike on the Uoar Class, with Majic and Cleo together with Orphen.

Cleo can only be saved by Leki the Deep Dragon, but her trickery can only bring her so far.

To think that Majic would be on par with Orphen's skills, it takes a bold effort to face the Uoar class's Swaine, but thank God for Master Forte having an eye on Majic and saving him in distress.

In the end, Master Forte kinda saved the day, and Chaos Witch Azalie is left to finish the job.

In essence, it kinda got the ending, but not without a cliffhanger.

potofresco said:
In my opinion this adaptation was better than the first one, I don't know why this adaptation is rated that low compared to the first one.
Probably of how it handled the source material and inputting fillers and such, the contrast of adaptation is if you're wondering why it's rated very low.

JajaMaruXD said:
Dukino said:

Source: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2020-01-09/new-sorcerous-stabber-orphen-anime-gets-13-tv-episodes-unaired-episode/.155199
FYI and ICYMI, wondering about the preview ending with Azalie's journey.

>>> It's already announced prior to the show's start, and the date is confirmed: May 8. So defisive to say that this unaired episode will become the OVA. Just have to wait and see its release.
KANLen09Mar 31, 2020 10:22 AM
Mar 31, 2020 9:43 AM

Aug 2013
This show has finally come to an end. But what's with that preview ending? An OVA? I wouldn't mind watching it tbh.

Good thing Leki was there to always save Cleao.

Childman's Class managed to beat Uoar's Class thanks to Forte and Azalie.

Mar 31, 2020 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
So Azalie was behind everything once again lol. Well they managed to settle things with the Uoar class and wow Majic really is talented huh.

Well aside from the bad animation I liked the story and I really liked Orphen. Well the chance of this getting a second season is low but I hope this gets one.
Mar 31, 2020 11:50 AM
Jul 2019
Well, that's that, I guess. Honestly not sure why I stuck with this all the way through.
Mar 31, 2020 11:59 AM

May 2018
So this was basically them tower of fangs wanting to get rid of them Uoar's Class all along and Azalie isn't the bad girl we thought to be????

Man this is confusing.....
Mar 31, 2020 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Good ending to the show. This show definitely had one of the best OPs this season. Also he just nonchalantly blocks the knife with his arm Laugh oud loud.
Mar 31, 2020 12:27 PM
Mar 2020
CLEAO IS SO CUTE!!!!!! how can someone hurt her??? wtf
Mar 31, 2020 12:35 PM

Jan 2014
This is one of those extremely rare anime's where i'm imagining watching the dub is far better, well at least for me personally seeing how i can't stand the sound&feel of MC Orphen's voice actor. 4/10 no need for second season!
Mar 31, 2020 12:38 PM
Feb 2020
ClickNot said:
This is one of those extremely rare anime's where i'm imagining watching the dub is far better, well at least for me personally seeing how i can't stand the sound&feel of MC Orphen's voice actor. 4/10 no need for second season!

Well, that your opinion, I think it's a good show and WE need season 2.
Mar 31, 2020 12:59 PM

Oct 2010
ending was weird like there was more coming lol.
Mar 31, 2020 1:29 PM

Nov 2011
So was the preview a preview for season 2 because there seemed to be no announcement. I can go without finishing this series. It was average at best.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 31, 2020 2:04 PM
Mar 2011
This season honestly felt like a teaser to a larger series instead of a self contained story like a lot of adaptions do. It feels like the series is just getting started.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Mar 31, 2020 2:41 PM

Feb 2017
Really like the last three episodes were getting all the action, suspense, gore, waiting for the ova, and if we can have a second season will be great.

Azali was behind of all again, Majic and Cleao support was a good adition, Orphen can't kill is a good moral lesson.

The opening was good, the ending is bad. The music and animation where average. In overall what Studio Deen do with a low budget was very good.

Hartia was missing, it would have been good if he get more screen time.

This is the only sorcerrer anime we have in a long time?.

I will put a five to the score of this show, is average good, but they have a lot of room for improvement.

PD: I am fan of the original show, the first season, really good themes and op ed, amazing animation, seinen scenes, romances and magic all in one.
Mar 31, 2020 4:29 PM
Aug 2018
the ones who criticise this show should get back to bad isekai shit and not watching some masterpiece like this.
10/10 and 5/5 for me.
perfect pacing, perfect animation, perfect characters. adapations following piece by piece the first fantasy novel in Japan, and his manga.
the characters are perfectly built and developed.
i can't understand what could this show have to be bad.
Mar 31, 2020 8:17 PM

Jun 2007
How anyone could like this show is beyond me. It was so rushed and scattered. I liked the 80s/90s vibe but the story was atrocious.
Mar 31, 2020 11:43 PM

Aug 2018
Probably my least enjoyed anime of the season only tied with Infinite Dendrogram. It's just so... slow?

The story seems to revolve around Azalie and Childman too much all while throwing in all these characters that are just kind of there. I just didn't feel the substance whatsoever or saw the direction. It moves along so quick, and just keeps on going in circles.

The reason I personally didn't go lower than a 5 is because I wouldn't necessarily call it bad. Again, it's just not very fun to watch especially with all these other more vibrant anime surrounding it. Might still give a second season a try, though. I could see this gaining traction slowly but surely.
Apr 1, 2020 6:49 AM

May 2019
A decent series, but one that I got bored of quicker than I thought. Average at best

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Apr 1, 2020 7:32 AM
Feb 2020
Season 2 Confirmed
Apr 1, 2020 3:40 PM

Jan 2008
I had so many issues with this episode. Maybe it's like this in the manga too, which makes it even worse. Here are just a few gripes.

1) Don't loudly discuss your plan to take down the evil syndicate while you're inside their stronghold. This could have easily been done before flying up and over its walls.
2) During the fight between Orphen and Hydrant, where'd Hydrant's sword go? He's holding it in one scene, then the next they're doing hand-to-hand.
3) You're telling me that Claiohm was able to sneak around Vinbi (while he was distracted with Leki), take off her shoes, fill them with dirt, and hit Vinbi over the head without issue?

Overall, not impressed with this season. The pacing was not great. I'm still unsure if I dislike this more than the original series which was mostly filler.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Apr 2, 2020 12:00 AM
Jul 2011
I enjoyed the last few episodes. I can't wait for the next season!
Apr 2, 2020 1:50 PM

May 2018
so it's over, huh. At least the last couple of episodes were quite fun to watch. 4/10
Apr 3, 2020 10:15 AM

Jun 2015
No awakenings equals no extra points! Still, I love the cat thing, its awesome. Plus I'm pleased to read we will be getting a second season. Shows like this often need more time to tell there stories and sadly never get the opportunity so I will be looking forward to season 2!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Apr 3, 2020 11:33 PM

Nov 2019
I get why people claim this to be a paving classic coz it does have depth with magic, applying science with magic, like refracting light etc. But the system is still soft,the characters are boring and generic, especially Orphen he's such an sjw, and most of the time, the characters are just BSing with their magic (broken), fight choreography is subpar too

5/10
Apr 5, 2020 5:14 AM

Jul 2011
Cant believe this is the first show in Winter 2020 that I finished. I like it because it's easy to follow, not very complicated. Perfect during thing to watch to pass the time while the country is on lockdown.

---

And 10 - 15 years later, someone will see this comment wondering why a country is on lockdown and will search Google what happened in 2020 and say yikes,
Apr 14, 2020 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
I guess if you can look over all the logic flaws in the casts' actions and incoherent story, this was a decent watch.
Apr 15, 2020 12:48 AM

Sep 2018
I really feel sad for this remake 😞 I remember enjoying this show before (old version) but this remake is so boring for me 😞 I want to like it for nostalgic reason but it's still bad 😞
Apr 15, 2020 10:39 PM

Feb 2011
This was without a doubt the worst show of winter 2020.

May 21, 2020 9:41 PM
Jul 2014
Well, it's not a perfect serie, but is clearly the best Orphen serie by the time. I don't understand why the previous installments have better score than this. Looking forward to the sequel.
Jun 25, 2020 11:56 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Uninteresting conclusion and the plot just kept getting more and more contrived by the episode.

Azalie and Childman swapping bodies and consciousness was probably the most effective twist in the story but the handling of the aftermath of it was pure ludicrous. And it turns out she's been working for the "good" side after all, I honestly don't know how to feel about this. Pacing was definitely off the charts too.

None of the Departments of the show, sadly, managed to stand out, except for the Music Department which was just about fine. Characters were "meh" and their interactions very cheap in many ways. Orphen was, at best, a half-decent character.

Animation-wise, Studio Deen clearly didn't even bother to bring their A-game into this and, as such, nothing at all to write home about. A few good action scenes and scenery shots but that was about it.

3/10, really. Will give the OVA a go but no idea if I'm going to continue with the 2nd Season. If so, definitely weekly and not binge...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 3, 2020 8:11 PM

Aug 2017
The good about the last episode:

*Changing the real book with Cleo's diary. That was anticipated episodes before and it didn't feel forced.
*Forte always being one step ahead.
*Azalie helping in some way.

The bad about the episode:

*Main bad guy undeveloped and generic.
*Highdurant being just a generic "rival". He hardly has a presence in the arc and he's only an edgelord.
*Rushed. The conclusion feels rushed and even all the characters saying goodbye or a party at that house wouldn't have been bad at all.

Infinite Dendrogram aired in Winter and similar situations happened to me with Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi, rushed, boring scenes and poor characterization but the conclusion at least was not rushed, unlike here. This show has pacing issues during most of the arcs buuuuuuut the story became more interesting in the end, so despite my score, I am going to see the adventures of Orphen and his companions. 4/10 for the anime.
NurguburuJul 3, 2020 8:22 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 22, 2020 5:01 PM

Feb 2012
This show could have been handled better.
I keep getting annoyed at Orphen for not killing.
This will only bite him back in the ass later on.

「 To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Aug 21, 2020 3:23 AM

Apr 2014
So how faithful was this remake to the ln/manga which it is adapted from?
"Even villains have standards"
-Accelerator-

Sep 27, 2020 10:55 PM
Nov 2014
I can't for the life of me understand the hate for this show. I thought it was good. The storyline was was good and kept me engaged. The world and lore were really interesting and neat. The characters are also likeable. I'll be looking forward to season 2!
Apr 2, 2021 2:36 AM

Oct 2008
tsk! Orphen is weak! Azalie is just simply stronger than him....LAME Krylancelo!

Jun 14, 2021 9:54 AM

Jul 2015
Storywise this is a lot better since it covers more of the source but the old one is better execution wise. This adaptation definitely should've taken its time to set a good pacing (especially the first 4 eps where extremely rushed).

I wish we got to see Hartia's Black tiger but at least in this new version its good to see the sidecharacters (Majic and Claiomh) being useful instead of a burden.

Dec 11, 2022 10:07 AM
Mar 2020
Como puede ser tan mala y con ganas, cada episodio es insípido y no te trasmite ninguna emoción, ni gana por seguir mirándola, otra serie del montón que hoy en día vamos acumulando
Jun 12, 2023 6:19 AM

Apr 2020
I expected it to be a lot worse than it ended up being due to the low score.
It's clearly low budget but it's not that bad.
6/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A

More topics from this board

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 21, 2020

77 by fudish123 »»
Aug 2, 2023 9:41 AM

» Did they fuck up the remake?

RyuRabbit - Jan 21, 2021

4 by fudish123 »»
May 21, 2023 3:07 PM

» Why bad rate? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Jan 8, 2020

94 by Scootboi »»
Jan 19, 2023 8:00 PM

» foster sister? mc going for revenge? let me guess

sondongpyo - Feb 27, 2022

1 by Diapolo10 »»
Feb 27, 2022 4:18 PM

Poll: » Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

19 by Unkrowned »»
Jun 14, 2021 8:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.