Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 12, 2019 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, I'm not too surprised by the nature of the finale. It's more calmer than usual with Division 1 reevaluating their recent events. At least Arata is keeping a cool head.

Idk how to feel about this series' finale tbh. It didn't feel too much like a finale although it does still reevaluate the ongoing problems in the city. Arata's role as a detective has led him to become a more confident person.
Dec 12, 2019 9:03 AM

Aug 2017
What can i say about this season? ofc its better than s2, Hey, it can even compete with s1 except in the antagonist part.

7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 12, 2019 9:06 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
I am assuming there will be a fourth season, there are to many loose ends and way to much set up with the movies to let it end like this.
Dec 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2007
Accident by her boyfriend's mistake but not getting hint by dominator but she did?

She asked for online counseling, and she didn't do the instruction that the online counseling sent so those flowers w. cards sent.

KajiKaji's character dreaming of when he and Nakamura-san's character first met, w. his father. Car getting fixed is like counseling.

Boss kind of suspicious about KajiKaji's character about that record.

Reporter wanting to join the group as a interviewer to make document.

Talent mayer will still get attacked? Interesting to see meeting between two different teams.

Nakamura-san's character still mad at KajiKaji's character that he doesn't completely trust him.

Report about what Nakamura-san's character did few eps. ago. Also because of that, vice mayer doesn't want him to be there.

Nutcracker?

Foreign members are out and only KajiKaji's character is protecting the mayer. While rest is investigating the fox group. KajiKaji's character not say anything when Nakamura-san's character said that he is good at controlling people.

Because of the interview, we get to know more about the members' ideas. The interview also includes the lab lady.

The foreign assistant of the mayer got fired, too, because of the report.

It seems like the enemy group also wants someone like KajiKaji's character, knowing his physical.

Mamo's character seems to be having different idea from rest of his group, and they want him to be out.

Mamo's character, knowing he is in dangerous position, is helping Nakamura-san's character. But wanting him to join the group. He didn't tell others about Mamo's character as he instructed him to, so that his wife can be released.

They found the system lady through the drones following the mayer.

She lost her sight again? She knows why they are arguing... both have fear?

First two seasons' main character talking.

Not runaway from the truth...

The enemy group killed the reporter!

tsubasaloverDec 12, 2019 9:46 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 12, 2019 9:07 AM

Nov 2011
ACasualViewer said:
I am assuming there will be a fourth season, there are to many loose ends and way to much set up with the movies to let it end like this.

A movie got announced for Spring 2020.
Dec 12, 2019 9:08 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Don't feel like a very complete ending to be honest
Dec 12, 2019 9:09 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
ACasualViewer said:

https://twitter.com/oricon/status/1205171719087915008?s=21

Movie confirmed for Spring 2020!

PV:

https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1205174352871714816?s=21
_MushiRock11_Dec 12, 2019 9:17 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 12, 2019 9:11 AM
Review Moderator
Onii Chan

Mar 2018
Stark700 said:

A movie got announced for Spring 2020.

Thanks, well hopefully its a 2 hour long movie that can properly tie up the series.
Dec 12, 2019 9:12 AM

Jan 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
ACasualViewer said:

Yea, but it's just a theatrical version of this season
Dec 12, 2019 10:08 AM

Dec 2017
>This is where the real game begins.
>anime ends

bruh...

started out pretty strong, good mc duo synergy, ended up really lukewarm with tons of unanswered questions like: what's the outcome with the Congressmen? what's the deal with the Mentalist? who's his dad? what's with Tsunemori? why the fuck was this dragged by individual cases that were boring like the last cultist arc?

the story deteriorated quickly, so did the animation. i wasn't annoyed as after watching s2, in fact i was glad they weren't using dominators as often and actually investigating stuff instead of just killing whoever they could. but about halfway i started to give less and less of a fuck for this shit..

and now a cliffhanger episode that was more of a filler build-up for the movie? bruh..
and i don't think the movie will be any good either, just as the other ones. really disappointed with this "finale"
Dec 12, 2019 10:28 AM
Jul 2018
I cannot believe this is the last ep still many cases are not solved
Dec 12, 2019 10:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well that's definitely not what one can call an ending haha

Guess the movie will be the actual finale
Dec 12, 2019 10:33 AM

Jul 2017
Okkkkk, 3rd season was ok overall, definitely not as bad as S2 but at least that one had a proper ending to it (somewhat). That character voiced by Miyano Mamoru (idk his name) seems like he could be a pretty good villain ngl

That being said though, I really like the route it's going with Kei, has lots of potential to be a nice "good guy gone bad" route especially with regards to how the justice system did shit all to help his wife. PP doesn't seem like the series to use stuff like nakama power to bring people back but who knows

Really like the beginning parts (except for Arata's voodoo ability) but as soon as the governor business started happening there were just so many things being thrown in it started to not make sense. Animation was great overall tbh, art though started off good but towards the end just became a mess lol

Overall I give it a Parkour Master Arata/10
Dec 12, 2019 10:40 AM

Sep 2016
Yooooo this season was so good
and

Dec 12, 2019 10:50 AM
Apr 2019
Ashhk said:
Don't feel like a very complete ending to be honest
It hasn't ended yet. A movie has been announced for spring 2020 which will probably end this story.
P.S - Please don't let that come to the rating for the show.
Dec 12, 2019 10:53 AM
Apr 2019
This episode was very well made. Ideal pacing, absorbing soundtrack and enough suspense and twists which will help in making hype for the movie.
A 9/10 for me.
Dec 12, 2019 10:57 AM

May 2018
There is a post-credit scene, make sure you watch it!!
Dec 12, 2019 10:59 AM

Jul 2017
Raging-Man said:
There is a post-credit scene, make sure you watch it!!

Oh shit didn't even realize that. Was expecting her to get t-boned or something at the traffic light but didn't expect an actual planned crash to happen lol
Dec 12, 2019 11:00 AM

Jul 2015
This season was pretty good and was way more on part with the 1th season. story and the stuff was kind of boring in times but the general mystery and vibe of the story was strong enough to push it forward. so overall i liked it and my final score is 9/10.

One thing that i didn't like was the episodes format. The 2 episodes for each week is not the problem, its where they left it was a buzz kill! they could have easily made it a 12 episode series (so 24 in total) and be done with the story but this waiting and added movie and stuff kind feels like they want to milk the franchise and its annoying :/
Dec 12, 2019 11:00 AM
May 2017
I definitely didn't expect Yayoi do die at the end. I'm left with many guestions hopefully the movie will answer them. I'm rating this season 8/10 It's better than second but worser than first. I rated 2nd season 7 and first season 8.
Dec 12, 2019 11:02 AM
Apr 2019
Short_Circut said:
Okkkkk, 3rd season was ok overall, definitely not as bad as S2 but at least that one had a proper ending to it (somewhat). That character voiced by Miyano Mamoru (idk his name) seems like he could be a pretty good villain ngl

That being said though, I really like the route it's going with Kei, has lots of potential to be a nice "good guy gone bad" route especially with regards to how the justice system did shit all to help his wife. PP doesn't seem like the series to use stuff like nakama power to bring people back but who knows

Really like the beginning parts (except for Arata's voodoo ability) but as soon as the governor business started happening there were just so many things being thrown in it started to not make sense. Animation was great overall tbh, art though started off good but towards the end just became a mess lol

The story hasn't ended yet. It will be continued in the movie.
Dec 12, 2019 11:04 AM

Jul 2017
adityush007 said:
Short_Circut said:

I know, that's why I said I like the route it's going to with Kei. Story isn't over but the season is and the season is the one that didn't really have a proper ending, which is fine but still
Dec 12, 2019 11:10 AM

Feb 2011
_MushiRock11_ said:
ACasualViewer said:

PV:

https://twitter.com/air_news01/status/1205174352871714816?s=21

Meh.. the milking continues. Story is deliberately dragged out at this point. I have lost almost all interest in this franchise after this mind numbingly boring season to be honest.
Dec 12, 2019 11:11 AM
Apr 2019
Short_Circut said:
adityush007 said:

I know, that's why I said I like the route it's going to with Kei. Story isn't over but the season is and the season is the one that didn't really have a proper ending, which is fine but still

The same thing happens with Demon Slayer too. Some things happen for good and I think the movie will be filled with hell lot of amazing fight sequences. So let's be optimistic and happy about the studio's and writer's decisions.
Dec 12, 2019 11:11 AM

Nov 2016
I was like alright, they didn't wrap things up as expected, nothing unusual.

But the fucking post credits scene caught me off guard. Not Yayoi :(

Now I'm even hotter for the sequel.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 12, 2019 11:17 AM

Oct 2017
So this entire season was a build up for something big like I was thinking since the start. I dunno why but ever since the third episode when Kougami made his brief appearance I always thought this season might be just a build up for something major coming.

That congressman called Arata a being equal to Bifrost cause he is criminally asymptomatic. Maybe they are using someone's brain who was criminally asymptomatic in bifrost, like Makishima perhaps.

Kei joining bifrost to save Maiko wasn't surprising, who knows he might end up becoming a congressman too. Also damn did Kunizuka die, I hope she survived somehow.

Kougami finally meeting Akane was the best moment in the entire season for me. I really loved to see those two together after so long.
Dec 12, 2019 11:24 AM

Jan 2012
I personally enjoyed this season almost as much as season 1. I love the dynamic between the trio and the direction its heading.

It was kind of obvious from the beginning that First Inspector was already crafty enough to become a congressman from the beginning and that he's been toying with everyone in Bifrost so he can get on top.

Though I rather a sequel than a movie because First Inspector is starting to rival Makishima in terms of being a good villain and I don't think a movie will do his character potential justice.

Overall this season is a 9/10 for me.
Dec 12, 2019 11:31 AM

Oct 2010
I always wondered why Kei was fighting himself in the OP, but this episode pretty much explains it. He's now an Inspector for Public Safety Bureau and Inspector for Bifrost.. Goddammit IG why you do this to Kei.

The last two episodes kinda explains why Kei and Arata are pointing their dominators at each other in the OP (foreshadowing at their fight).
Akane with Kougami scene was cute.
Also.. Rip Yayoi, released from Public Safety Bureau as Enforcer, but ends up getting killed ;-;

Loved the 2 episodes pace each week, can't wait for the sequel.. still too many unanswered questions.
HyackDec 12, 2019 11:35 AM
Dec 12, 2019 12:23 PM

Aug 2013
Great episode.

Kei ending up being an inspector for Bifrost. Damn, why did they have to do that to Kei.

Kougami talking to Akane at the end was the best part of whole season. So sweet.

That ending :O Not Yayoi. I hope she isn't dead. That was Koichi Azusawa at the end right?

8/10 for the season. Looking forward to the movie.

Dec 12, 2019 12:24 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
They riled me all up, got me all excited and then left me waiting at the end.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 12, 2019 12:42 PM
Jul 2019
?? The hell ? This ended up without any conclusion. They just left the case as it's, then ended it with a shocking post credit scene that killed one of the most popular characters in the show. Did they forget this is the last episode or something ? For a 45 minutes episode season I expected a better conclusion than a cliff hanger for a movie or a new season that who know when will come and without answering any questions at all.

Was a fun watch but disappointed. 7/10 for me.
el3melDec 12, 2019 12:53 PM
Dec 12, 2019 12:50 PM

Jul 2017
I swear to god if Yayoi is actually dead ima cry.
Dec 12, 2019 1:27 PM

Apr 2015
Can someone explain the scene with Azusawa and Shizuka? Didn't quite get what was going on then.

Also, what did Azusawa want to accomplish with killing yayoi?
Dec 12, 2019 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
Welp, there goes all the hopes I had for the series. Time to brainwash myself to think this ended with season 1, and never bother with the franchise again.
Dec 12, 2019 1:52 PM

Nov 2013
OH SHIEEETT, that ending!!!
DAMN, best episode of the season for sure. I knew this season didn't have enough episodes to satisfy all mysteries of the plot, so I'm glad they chose a cliffhanger type ending.

In terms of the episode,
As far as Bifrost goes, considering the scope of their power and how they could operate within Sibyl's enforcement, it made more sense for the story to let them get away, in favour of future seasons or movies.

Maiko is denied release due to metropolitan policy, enacted to reduce immigrant violence, but it was spurred to action through manipulation/false reporting by Obata (she was promoted to Eleven? possibly Foxes who are aware of their actions?)

Koichi Azusawa awakened his talents after being crushed by Atsushi Shindo... he was also part of the Ministry of Welfare at one point. It's assumed that not all Inspectors are "criminally asymptomatic" since he questioned the term, meaning they have some other method to keep their hues clear...

The meeting of Shizuka and Kei was definitely a surprise twist that made this episode my favourite. Shizuka reveals his identity to Kei in an effort to gain protection from the Pathfinders and Koichi, who sees his as an obstacle. Likely, Koichi framed his as the Foxes messenger after deciding he was too dangerous of an individual.

Kei basically signed his life with the devil to free Maiko, in a fashion that does not differ that much from what Kisaragi did, and the result was equally significant as seen by the ending with Yayoi (*fingers crossed she's okay still).
Kei is now officially the Thirteenth Inspector, whether he wanted to be or not!

In terms of the mysteries that carried over from last episode... finally some were answered but more surfaced as the plot thickens with Kei and Shizuka.

How is Kisaragi connected to the Foxes?
- Kisaragi's indirectly caused the death of two inspectors by falling into a trap through Bifrost's online forum which aided the Inspectors.
What ties Kei and Arata?
Kei and Arata were friends through Akira and Atsushi (still inconclusive about their involvement with Bifrost)
What really is Bifrost?
- Shimotsuki surmised that Bifrost is an entity that exploits the blind spots of Sibyl, possibly created before the inception of Sibyl. It is a three-tiered system with Congressman, Inspectors and Foxes(unaware citizens). They needed to kill the Governor, as it was a necessary risk that threated their safety (still no knowledge about why however) Also, how Bifrost operates is still a mystery...
What are the Peacebreakers? ie. the two Pathfinders
Peacebreakers are a special forces unit involved in black market and overseas looting. They are heavily armed criminals and Vixen/Sniper guy in particular are obsessed with the old Unit One, likely unsettled conflict from Foreign affairs with Ginoza and Kogami.
How will they take care of Foxes within Ministry of Welfare?
- Fox in the CID is Kisaragi (but there may be others)
And finally, who the hell is Shizuka Homura??
- Shizuka is a congressman, but one that hates games, which is ironic considering his involvement with Bifrost and Roundrobin. This suggests he has some personal interest for joining Bifrost that is not for the sake of being at the top of society like Koichi. He does not place value on people's humanity.

In terms of mysteries that still haven't been answered...
- We still know nothing about Akane's agreement with Sibyl, and the specifics of her imprisonment. We are hinted that her convictions were correct, during the end scene with Kogami however.
- How Bifrost can operate within Sibyl is still a mystery. Also, how it was created.
- What is Shizuka's personal interest with Bifrost. We know a little about him now, but still not much.
-And finally, there are likely more Bifrost Inspectors, but we only know about five or so...
Sasagawa(7th Inspector) Deceased
Koichi Azusawa (1st Inspector)
Haruki Enomiya (2nd Inspector) Deceased
Torri Aschenback (3rd Inspector) Deceased
Kei Ignatov (13th Inspector)

In terms of the season, it was a bit too busy with all the information you had to keep up with, but all in all it was perhaps a bit better than S2.
I'd give it around 7/10
Hopefully there are more projects in the works to answer more of these mysteries, possibly a Psycho-Pass 5 or movie!
Dec 12, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2019
What the heck I was expecting an ending, not a damn cliffhanger!

Kei knows that he chose the wrong path. I wonder if it'll affect his psycho-pass. That congressman dude he met was very hot tho

That ending scene though. Yayoi T_T
If you read Eleceed you're automatically my friend.
Dec 12, 2019 2:11 PM

Feb 2017
I enjoyed every episode of this season. Characters were all fun and likeable, world-building we got was good and pacing felt right to me the whole time. As expected, this is not the end of this story and season 3 will be finished with a movie next spring, which is a lot sooner than I expected. Build-up was good and the stage is set, all that is left is a good finale I hope.

Just the way Kei joined Bifrost felt kinda weird? Though I feel (or better said hope) he hasn't really lost himself and has some plan/idea of his own.
TsarkoDec 12, 2019 2:16 PM
Dec 12, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2014
where is my ending?? before i see the movie that is gonna solve this case i'm gonna forget everything it is about :( glad they continue tho, but they just shoul've made another 2 eps :) really like this series
Dec 12, 2019 2:37 PM

Dec 2013
nooooo0000 - Yayoi ;_; please don't die
Dec 12, 2019 2:54 PM

Nov 2018
Kei and Arata seem to be fighting a lot all of a sudden. I didn't expect Kei to take Arata not protecting him wife properly that much to his heart, but I guess it can't be helped. Didn't feel like he was being himself, and got a little irritated, but yeah.
Irie asking questions to Yayoi back was funny.
That Shizuka and Azusawa moment, nice.
Interesting how Kei got corrupted, though there might be more to it than what meets the eyes at the moment. Because otherwise he would lose quite a bit of his appeal. Maybe he eventually made a plan with Arata, and much of this is a part of it. His wife seemed to be acting impassive again like she did at the start of season with her scene with him, hmm.
Azusawa can't help being sexy, I wonder if I have ever even liked a villain before.
Nice Kougami and Akane moment.
Wonder if it will have another season with the way it's heading (after the movie), would be good.
... I hope Yayoi hasn't died and can be saved. But build-wise, it would make sense. Still.
OrangeCloudsDec 12, 2019 3:18 PM
Dec 12, 2019 3:35 PM

Sep 2013
Again wtf was this season? This wasn't Psycho-Pass at all.
Dec 12, 2019 4:08 PM
Apr 2016
What's the obession with movies in this series? Theyre not necessarily bad but why would they build it up for 8 episodes to release a movie? At least this one will release on Amazon so it shouldnt be hard to find. The OP for the movie is fire though
Dec 12, 2019 4:29 PM
Oct 2014
yayoi better not die.
she doesn't deserve that.
Dec 12, 2019 4:37 PM
Mar 2019
I have to admit, I lost enthusiasm a bit along the way. The story was a bit hard to keep up with, and at some times, it was slow. Nonetheless, I really enjoyed the characters, world building and dynamics. A good season, imo -- definitely not S1 level, but far more passable than S2 and some of the movies.
Dec 12, 2019 4:39 PM
Mar 2019
twoheadedmona said:
yayoi better not die.
she doesn't deserve that.

Agreed! Hunh, maybe she'll "disappear" too and then show up out of nowhere, frolicking into Akane's cell with Kagari. OH! And then it'll be revealed that Arata is Makishima's son. Kei is Kougami's brother.

...*cough*.
Dec 12, 2019 4:45 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know what to do with my life if Yayoi is really dead... why would they do such a thing
Dec 12, 2019 4:48 PM

Oct 2019
Ok, I was willing to forgive a lot of things this season, because it felt like it was leading up to something good, or at least exciting, but now I'm pissed.

So what, all the major plot points they sprinkled throughout the season were just a teaser for the next release? Was this entire season just a very long and drawn out intro to the actual story?
It just felt like a few good moments drowned out in a whole bunch of side-quests and boring side characters, building up to practically nothing being accomplished or even changed by the end, and the anime flashing a big "stay tuned!" across the screen >.<

Don't get me wrong, the good bits were genuinely good, but I feel like I could just jump straight to whatever sequel they've got in mind (movie, series, whatever), without missing a thing...
Dec 12, 2019 5:06 PM
Sep 2019
This has to be the worst season yet, the action scenes are the only good points. This bifrost system has been over sensationalized i started eye rolling whenever that word was mentioned. When that congressman bets on infrastructure what does bitrost do exactly? Are they investing in some sort of stock exchange bec to me theyre just spewing out fancy words to make it look cool without having to make much sense. And 8 ep of 45min without even a mention of how akane got detained is just stupid. Anyway, nothing can beat season 1
Dec 12, 2019 5:20 PM
Mar 2019
Actualy surprised by how good this season was...

Sure it was a buildup until the cliffhanger but it left me pretty excited for what's to come. Definitely way better than s2 and the movies - still tons of story left so I'm sure that the movie will be hype.

9/10
Dec 12, 2019 5:33 PM
Mar 2019
Dororun said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Yea, but it's just a theatrical version of this season
No it's a continuation of the story...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2019

151 by LotteGiants »»
Feb 11, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2019

130 by venbals »»
Jan 19, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2019

70 by OneMoreFinal »»
Oct 29, 2023 7:14 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2019

78 by MizuhoKamui »»
Oct 28, 2023 12:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.