Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2019 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh great, more trouble in the mix...

I actually feel Nobunaga now considering the circumstances honestly. This guy just can't catch a damn break.
Sep 16, 2019 7:54 AM

Aug 2013
Nobunaga is still thinking about his brother. He's having it hard.
Kichou is back with short hair.

Next week episode titled "Okehazama" is something I'm looking forward to.

Sep 16, 2019 8:18 AM
Jul 2019
Historical notes :

- The douboushuu were historical cultural advisors established during the Ashikaga shogunate, and served as shogunate art curators and restorers. They were considered lower-caste people, so most went into the monkhood to escape caste prejudice. This allowed them to gain access to the upper classes without associated class prejudice. http://www.aisf.or.jp/~jaanus/deta/d/douboushuu.htm

- Ashikaga Yoshiteru was the 13th shogun of the Ashikaga shogunate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashikaga_Yoshiteru

- The Ashikaga was considered the weakest shogunate; its military power was derived from a decentralized daimyo (feudal lord) system, since the Ashikaga themselves had no actual personal territories to support their reign. By Nobunaga's time period, Ashikaga power didn't amount to much outside their Kyoto power base (TLDR a weak central government, with various outside warlords playing their own power games.) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashikaga_shogunate

- Imagawa Yoshimoto, the head of the powerful and influential Imagawa clan, had decided to march upon Kyoto with a force of 25,000 men to declare himself as the new shogun. His decision to cut a path to the capital via Nobunaga's territories would lead to the decisive Battle of Okehazama.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okehazama

Leo said:
Nobunaga is still thinking about his brother. He's having it hard.
Kichou is back with short hair.

Next week episode titled "Okehazama" is something I'm looking forward to.

Actual historical event:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Okehazama
Sep 16, 2019 8:48 AM

Mar 2018
Yes! Kichou is finally back.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Sep 16, 2019 11:48 AM
Mar 2015
Kichou back at Nobunaga's side next week the Battle of Okehazama The battle that made Nbbunga's reputation
Sep 16, 2019 12:13 PM
Sep 2019
I’m confused as heck. So was Kichou a man? Or is she making her voice deeper to match her new “persona”?
Sep 16, 2019 12:36 PM

Dec 2011
hollylala831 said:
I’m confused as heck. So was Kichou a man? Or is she making her voice deeper to match her new “persona”?

I'm still asking myself about that. I'll become crazy Aaaah ! xD
A man or a woman ?!
Sep 16, 2019 5:14 PM

Jul 2017
With every step of the way, more trimuphs, but even more trouble for Nobunaga, whilst at the memories of the death of his younger brother Nobukatsu, and countless assassinations and betrayals.

But nevertheless, I can heave a sigh of relief that with less people, Nobunaga is mindful enough to take charge of his own affairs without the people close to him (i.e. Toshiie), minding his own business with close to no interference from friends and advisors (i.e. Tsuneoki).

Kichou is back, but not the way she is before, back to her assassin state, with more conviction this time to serve (together) under Nobunaga albeit with an alias name.

The greatest test that is the final episode has me excited in store.
Sep 16, 2019 10:26 PM

Aug 2008
The actual event surrounding Toshiie killing Juuami was because Juuami stole a hairpin from Toshiie.
Sep 17, 2019 8:49 AM

Apr 2009
hollylala831 said:

From the VA herself:

https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1564113360

anamori: I was informed of Kichou's gender since the audition, but I was not sure where I should express his masculine side. At the recording station, however, I was told that "Kichou was raised as a girl, so while his body is that of a man, his heart is feminine, so please voice him like a strong woman." So "strong woman" is what I keep in mind even while aiming for gracefulness in his conversations. With the relationship with his family, meeting Nobunaga made him wonder "what's right for me?" for the first time, and I wanted to bring out femininity in that inner turmoil.

(Not my translation, found it floating around)

Sep 17, 2019 1:58 PM
Jan 2019
But what an exciting episode! As Tsuneoki said, "even if they betray him, there will always be people who will join and follow Nobunaga." I was very excited when Kichou reappeared to protect Nobunaga, indeed, where there was fire, ashes remain.
I was sorry when Toshiie left to protect Nobunaga, without a doubt, he is an admirable servant.
The best characters in this episode were Toshie and Kichou.
Well, there is only one episode left to culminate this good historical anime.
Sep 18, 2019 1:31 PM

Sep 2017
many traitors but Kichou is back to protect Nobunaga. Their scene was awesome and it kinda took me by surprise that Tsuneoki (at least) didn't say anything or made a facial expression of surprise cause Kichou is still the same appearance-wise. a great episode. I'm looking forward to the next one!
Sep 18, 2019 10:27 PM

Oct 2008
Right in the nick of time! what a life saver is Kichou....i meant Baba Reijirou! lolz

Sep 24, 2019 6:34 PM

Mar 2009
Jin_uzuki said:
hollylala831 said:

From the VA herself:

https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1564113360

anamori: I was informed of Kichou's gender since the audition, but I was not sure where I should express his masculine side. At the recording station, however, I was told that "Kichou was raised as a girl, so while his body is that of a man, his heart is feminine, so please voice him like a strong woman." So "strong woman" is what I keep in mind even while aiming for gracefulness in his conversations. With the relationship with his family, meeting Nobunaga made him wonder "what's right for me?" for the first time, and I wanted to bring out femininity in that inner turmoil.

(Not my translation, found it floating around)

Finally, this has been cleared up. Thank you.

Anyway, happy for Kichou in this episode.
Sep 30, 2019 6:03 PM

Jun 2014
Nobunaga is having it rough lately, but Kichou saved the day, and has now returned to him.

Feb 5, 2020 8:14 AM

Jul 2015
Nobunaga really is going through some rough times, the death of his brother and now some betrayal.... at least "Baba Reijirou" joins his side ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2019

32 by Obabby »»
Jul 11, 2023 2:27 AM

» Finally ... (something set in Samurai era which doesn't look like Otome game adaption)

Luthandorius - May 31, 2019

7 by OP_Rider »»
Nov 27, 2022 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

23 by kari-ya »»
Aug 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

23 by gophercg »»
Apr 10, 2020 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kochouki: Wakaki Nobunaga Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

11 by gophercg »»
Mar 27, 2020 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.