Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Oct 15, 2018 8:40 AM

Dec 2014
those carla words in the end...made me tear up too...
Oct 15, 2018 9:46 AM

Jan 2014
the entire time i was watching this episode trying to figure out why everything felt so familiar and then it CLICKED

THIS IS LITERALLY HARRY POTTER
THE COMMANDER IS SNAPE
EREN IS HARRY
HIS MOM IS LILY
AND HIS DAD IS JAMES

the whole messy love triangle rivalry business and hating the kid of the woman you loved ITS ALL THERE

PLUS the commander messing with the training gear and giving eren such a hard time is just like snape when harry was struggling with his broom in his first quidditch tournament (i know snape was trying to save him but STILL)

i don't know how i feel about this LOL
laputiaOct 15, 2018 9:50 AM
Oct 15, 2018 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
What the fuckkk
Who would think the Commander would have so much to do with the story and that he actually met Grisha... AND WAS IN LOVE WITH CARLA ALL ALONG. _AND_ was the one who messed with Eren's belt. Damn onions ;_;
Oct 15, 2018 2:51 PM

Mar 2016
Eren is too dense to realize it, but as suggested back in the first episode of this season, a ship might be sailing for Eren and Historia. Though any possible kind of ship would be sunk down by Mikasa. Her disapproving stare was on point.

Nice, the glowing ores are beginning to replace torches. I like seeing the advancement of the civilization like this.

Marlo is very dense not to realize that Hitch has a feeling for him, pretty much everyone kind of insulted him for not realizing except Mikasa who probably don't care and Eren who himself is dense.

I like how some events from even S1 connects with this season. The story of a bystander sounds really lonely, to be honest. Though this guy did help to cultivate the next generations of military forces. Turns out this guy was the culprit for Eren's broken equipment back in S1
Oct 16, 2018 6:57 AM

Aug 2016
Amazing, Bystander is one of my favorish Chapters and now also episodes. As reader and bystander to a story I could really sympathize to Comandant Sadis, they handled it well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 17, 2018 6:06 AM

Jul 2008
I love Hange, her energy is palpable. Of course there was a love triangle with Eren's mother because tropes.
Oct 21, 2018 12:10 AM

May 2015
TRIANGLE! TRIANGLE!

Oh man, forget the titans. Keith got CUCKED! And he turned into Snape...losing his hair in the process...
Oct 29, 2018 12:18 AM

May 2017
This show is getting better and better. It all started as an action-splatter titel with an intriguing story, but bow it's so much more. Amazing, well written characters and story!
Nov 3, 2018 4:43 AM

May 2013
lol Mikasas face when she saw Eren and Historia talking.

Nov 5, 2018 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
Mikasa jelous face was 10/10

Poor Keith got stuck in the friendzoned lol
Nov 6, 2018 8:15 AM

Dec 2014
we saw a lot of character development this episode is fantastic
character building is as well done as worldbuilding this is what makes a show 10/10
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Nov 8, 2018 12:57 AM

Oct 2008
watched from [DameDesuYo] subs
BWAHAHAHA look at the beyond yandere facial expession and eyes of Mikasa towards Eren & Historia! PRICELESS! HILARIOUS!!!
A great episode! CLAP CLAP CLAP!
so here we see a lot of past again and Keith being BONJIN! a normie, but that was an excellent execution especially when the ED music starts rollin'!
5/5.

Nov 19, 2018 12:32 AM
Jan 2015
Mikasa's reaction was priceless

Oh , and this was a first time I like this ED
It converged perfectly with scene at this episode
especially with the scene when Eren try to cope up with his intentionally malfunctioned device

at first season , I thought Eren was so lame
but now , I completely change my opinion
that was actually the very first step of this boy to breakthrough from his shackles

Nov 19, 2018 8:01 PM

May 2012
Quite interesting backstory I must say, really do wonder what the last episode of this season will offer us!
Nov 23, 2018 4:50 AM

May 2013
lol Jean jelly cuz he don't gots Historia xD
I don't think I ship Eren with her tho haha

Carla as a young waitress was STUNNING. Omg D: Just about as pretty as Historia when she was getting crowned.

According to Carla, if you cute, you ain't gotta be special ;D
Nov 25, 2018 7:21 AM

Aug 2014
Not bad backstory. I think this season is better than second one, even if I think this shouldn't be huans vs humans but some different species vs humans ;/
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Nov 26, 2018 9:03 PM

Jul 2013
Man I have given up on completely understanding this show. Everytime I thought I understand everything, they'll go ahead and introduce some other complex shit. They waited 6 years to fucking get the sequel to the first season so I barely remember shit and now after watching most of this season I got busy and put off watching this and now I'm back confused as hell. To be completely honest, I don't even know the difference with the walls, Wall Maria, Trost District or whatever bullshit place I don't give a shit anymore. All I know is that fucking bald commander messed with the contraption thing that made it harder for Eren to balance all because he was cucked by Eren's dad. And what's with the pretentious stupid metaphors about being special and shit? The plot is already confusing as hell, keep the dialog simple. Only way I'll understand this whole thing is if I read the manga and I don't have time for that.
Dec 28, 2018 3:16 PM

Jun 2015
always felt bad for keith and his unrequited love, but personally didnt like the way he thought of things and himself.
Jan 13, 2019 11:57 AM

Feb 2015
This was actually one of my favorite episodes of the season, seeing Keith's backstory made me really feel for him as I kinda relate to what he felt, some people are just not born special and there's nothing you can do it about.
Jan 28, 2019 12:55 PM

May 2010
Okay after this ep I'm convinced that Eren's father came from "the other side" to spy on village people, but he fell in love with Eren's mother and decided to change sides and stay with them. What's another explanation for there being well-educated man wondering outside the walls, whom no one knows?

I don't buy such coincidence in this world!

Eren's mom words at the end made me teary-eyed ;_; She was such a wonderful person!
Feb 11, 2019 6:36 AM

May 2016
It's awesome to finally see some progress in humanity's struggle to reclaim the lands they have once lost thanks to Eren's newly attained hardening abilities. Eren siding with Marlo's denseness towards Hitch's passive-aggressive concern was adorable. The other mooks from the 104th batch had absolutely no idea how much shit these guys had went through to go this far. Didn't they realize that one of them's a Cattle-Farming Goddess who also happened to be their Queen~?

Commandant Keith definitely had the biggest visual evolution of a character since 'Lil Skin and Bones Levi showed up. I actually feel pretty bad that he had noticed how he's always at the short end of the stick when it comes to getting successes and recognition despite his passion for freedom. He said that he's just a bystander, but humanity's plainest looking savior might've just been lost in the woods if it were not for him and sabotaging his training equipment forced Eren to be better and more determined than the others because his father had entrusted an enormous destiny onto him. Not merely a bystander after all, and Karla wouldn't mind it if they'll just be your average run-of-the-mill person because merely existing means that you're here for a reason.

Feb 26, 2019 6:08 PM
Apr 2016
Even more info about everything, this time about Eren's dad, interesting episode/backstory.
Apr 4, 2019 1:10 AM

Jun 2016
These last episodes have been great. Way better than the middle portion of this season. I hope the last episode delivers the goods aswell.
Apr 26, 2019 6:05 AM
Jan 2018
keragamming said:
StardustReverie said:
What a nice coincidence for the trainer guy to suddenly know all this about the super special MC

"Coincidence", "suddenly"? Go watch back season 1 episode 3, right at the end Shadis said "Grisha your son has become a soldier"

What does that mean to you? It means Shadis knew Grisha back then, we just didn't know in what way, we now got that answer in this episode, its called foreshadowing writing 101.

Just like how Hannes said he has a debt to repay Grisha when he went to save Erwn mom from the smilling titan, if I remember correctly I think they even mention that he cure a plague that was going around back in the past in episode 1.

We also saw that in this episode. Yes it sounds unbelivable that the author planned all this out, but yes he did, there is no coincidence in this story everything carefully planned.

And there is nothing special about Eren, his father stole a power and gave it to him, simple as that. His mother literally said he doesn't have to be the best in anything, his mother said that he is special because he was born in this world, if that is the reason why you said he is super special, then everyone in the series is special because they were all born in this world.

Shadis failing to stop Eren from joining the scouts is just him being a bystander that can't change anything, it does not mean Eren is special because of that.

Most People really don't pay attention do they well I can't really blame them it has been a quite some time since season 1.

I've seen many people forget that all that has happened has been forshadowed we just didn't know the answers . This episode pretty much answers the first 2 or 3 epiosdes of season 1 questions
May 17, 2019 11:32 PM
May 2019
So Keith sabotaged Eren's ODM Gear and yet he still managed to balance himself on it. It's so awesome!!!
May 23, 2019 1:50 PM

Nov 2016

That was scary, not a face I would enjoy seeing. Marlo being an oblivious fool, Eren agrees to him showing that he is also one. Keith backstory was good and it showed his inferiority complex and problems it cause to keep fighting instead of confessing. It would suck to have a friend and share everything about the world with him and starting from nothing he gains the love of the person he loved. Anyways the line that Eren's mother said was good and it came just in time to help Eren complex stop.

"Is it wrong not to be special? I certainly don't think so. If my child isn't special. If he never does anything great, so what? He doesn't have to be better than anyone. I mean just look at him! He's already so cute! He's more than special enough for me. He's special because he was born in this world."
May 24, 2019 2:34 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
S3 so far has been the best IMO, while S1 had alot of EPIC and crazy scenes, it never really gave meaningfull development to the cast IMO, and S3 been delivering on that really hard, I m finally starting to like and care more for its cast, and that is HUGE.

Another great episode, sucks dude was cockblocked like that, but such a meaningfull flashback that ties to alot of stuff, some yet to be revealed~~
May 25, 2019 5:55 PM

Feb 2018
It seems like Eren's father's past is very strange.
May 25, 2019 8:23 PM

Dec 2012
Damn.. so he rigged the gear that's why!

Jun 8, 2019 7:25 PM

Sep 2014
Special people do exist. This just means I was never one of them.

This ep is probably my favourite backstory.

Didnt Berthold and Reiner sabotage Erens gear in training camp though? I remember them talking about "it having failed" after Eren got new gear.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Jun 16, 2019 2:07 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty emotional episode, this!

Keith’s “Special people do exist, this just means I wasn’t one of them” is a very heavy quote. Poor lad was so into becoming the Commander but seeing Carla off with Grisha must’ve caused him to have mixed feelings over everything. A brilliant way to tie up a few things from Season 1 too, we finally understand regarding the mystery behind Eren’s poor equipment during his training days and the reasonings behind Eren’s memories (but why memories in Episode 1 then? 🤔). Neat way to tie up with with Keith returning Eren back to the shelter too, good thing he didn’t see Grisha’s ripped off arm on the ground or the leftovers of Eren’s titan (or did he?). Dat encounter between Keith and Carla was super powerful too. Carla’s reply was pretty standard but for someone as lost as Keith and the current Eren even, that ought to have hit them hard.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 9, 2019 9:05 AM

Mar 2012
My boy got cucked by the new guy.

F
Jul 14, 2019 3:23 AM

Mar 2015
Shedding even more light on the past, everything feels up to speed and ready for the final cour of this season!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 17, 2019 2:08 PM

Oct 2014
oof.. the end of the episode... struck a chord
I've always had an inferiority complex too, so... it was... good to hear that
Nov 15, 2019 5:42 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Haha jealous Mikasa, really good episode, only one left !
Jan 6, 2020 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
Jeez Mikasa so terrifying when shes jealous lmao after seeing eren and historia talking together xD

Eren need to still avenge his mom
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Mar 27, 2020 2:20 PM

Mar 2019
Mikasa reaction was pretty funny.

I always new something was up with Shadis.

But,its nice we get to learn more about Eren's father I feel like he's always been a mysterious man that came from the outside.
Jun 5, 2020 5:50 AM

Oct 2019
It was great to see some awesome backstory about Eren's dad..fills in some gaps here and there in the Jigsaw..

We also now know who was responsible for the faulty equipment..

And Mikasa is jealous it seems..XD

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jul 22, 2020 3:08 PM

Jan 2011
the fact that Eren's mom looks just like Eren with long her in a dress was weirdly distracting
Aug 2, 2020 8:05 AM

Mar 2019
I swear I don't remember watching these last 3 episodes. But yea, next episode is going to be the teaser for the latest season which I'm looking forward to. We finally got to see what exactly happened with his father, but I can't say I like it.
CARLA IS SO CUTE.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 8, 2020 7:08 PM
May 2020
Another great piece of storytelling from SnK.

Carla and little Eren were so fucking cute.

The narrative from Keith's perspective was really good and real, I actually felt bad for him.

The philosophy and message of this episode was so great.
dzewAug 8, 2020 7:13 PM
Aug 11, 2020 8:32 PM

May 2020
MIKASA MUITO BRAVASSA

Aug 25, 2020 9:03 AM

Feb 2019
This ep gives me a feeling I can't describe, it's something special
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Oct 11, 2020 5:39 AM

Jun 2020
carla's words at the end were beautiful :')

"is it wrong to not be special? when it comes to my child, it's fine if he's never great. he's so cute! so to me, he's already special. because he's… born into this world"

baby eren was indeed cute. jean & sasha were hilarious. i love how jean-boy keeps dragging eren back to reality with his "harsh" talk, it definitely works on eren. eren is really growing on me. it took a while, but finally, he has truly redeemed himself as a worthy MC. great development!

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Oct 28, 2020 9:51 PM

Aug 2019
my man really got cucked damn
Oct 30, 2020 3:57 AM
Jun 2020
NTR episode and Eren's dad was obviously a spy from outside. This family has literally killed millions wtf.
Nov 13, 2020 2:02 PM

Feb 2020
slower but interesting ep with lots of info about grisha and eren's backstory!! i liked seeing the moments from s1 gain some more meaning. poor keith LOL cockblocked by the guy he saved

love sasha and jean, they're hilarious. esp the way jean always brings everyone back down to earth

also baby eren was adorable oh my
Nov 28, 2020 7:35 PM

Aug 2014
I don't know how but this feels like my first time watching this episode, even though I should have watched it two years ago. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but the backstory was like crack.
Dec 1, 2020 4:58 PM
Jan 2015
Same - this was my first time watching it since 2018. Watching this episode now knowing everything that happens in S3P2 makes this episode incredibly good. This may be one of my favourites of the entire series.
Dec 1, 2020 4:59 PM
Jan 2015
JayBlue said:
I don't know how but this feels like my first time watching this episode, even though I should have watched it two years ago. Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but the backstory was like crack.

Same - this was my first time watching it since 2018. Watching this episode now knowing everything that happens in S3P2 makes this episode incredibly good. This may be one of my favourites of the entire series.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2018

227 by GengarGrinn »»
Apr 25, 7:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sapewloth - Aug 8, 2018

117 by Adrian610 »»
Apr 8, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

443 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 6:23 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2018

214 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2018

188 by Apreggi »»
Mar 19, 4:01 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.