Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 6, 2018 7:21 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
4/10

The animation is lacky and it's a boring movie overall.

The only plus I got out of it was seeing Rem and Emilia drunk
Oct 6, 2018 7:49 AM

Jan 2017
I don't care about the story. If it has Emilia then it automatically gets a 10/10 from me. And if it has drunk Emilia then how do I rate an anime 11/10? I just want to watch this, but it's not available anywhere :(
Why is life so cruel?

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Oct 6, 2018 8:02 AM

Oct 2007
Don't be a blind fanboy. This is a short 68min movie with bad animation and no plot. You are better off reading the original material on this.

If you were gonna pay to watch this, don't do it, it's not worth it.
Oct 6, 2018 9:11 AM

Apr 2018
Is the animation that bad?
Oct 6, 2018 10:49 AM

Mar 2009
Akerakai said:
Is the animation that bad?

No I don't think so. Just looked at some reviews from Japanese people and they loved it and no complains about animation or that it was boring.
Oct 6, 2018 10:59 AM

Aug 2018
Where can I watch?
Oct 6, 2018 11:03 AM

Jun 2017
where do i watch this
Oct 6, 2018 3:38 PM

May 2017
belial said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
4/10

Haven't seen it personally, but I can pretty much guarantee that the animation isn't bad, after seeing the preview and knowing how much time they took to make/release it. Also, it's not a movie, so if you go into it hoping for a movie-like plot, then you're going to be disappointed. It's a feature length OVA, so you shouldn't have expected more than any regular OVA for a series, except the length to be longer.
"No matter how silly it is, you can talk about tomorrow because you have a tomorrow."
- Subaru Natsuki

upload pic
Oct 6, 2018 8:34 PM
Oct 2018
Rem chan is so cute😍😍😍😍😍
Oct 7, 2018 4:46 AM
Feb 2018
Where can I watch this?
Oct 7, 2018 5:32 AM

Oct 2007
>Where can I watch?

Cinemas in Japan

VolcalicJaguar said:

Haven't seen it personally, but I can pretty much guarantee that the animation isn't bad, after seeing the preview and knowing how much time they took to make/release it.

By animation I didn't mean the art style, I meant actual animation. There's a lot of talking in the same room with a lot of panning shots and lack of movement.

Overall it's just unimpressive.

For reference, I watched Boku no Hero's movie and the new Pokemon movie. All of them had superior animation compared to the TV series. (But hey, those were actual movies)
Oct 7, 2018 9:24 AM

Jul 2010
8/10
Watched it yesterday. Great movie, feels very OVA-ish with a slice-of-life tone. I like the change for once. Roswaald was amusing as usual and Subaru's comebacks were also funny.

I guess if you don't like slice of life then it might be boring for you, but I was entertained for every second of the movie, including the long introduction telling you about cinema rules. So cute!
SigsigOct 7, 2018 9:33 AM
オタクなんじゃねぃよ
I'm not an otaku.
Oct 7, 2018 9:31 AM

Mar 2017
Any news on Blu-ray release date?
Oct 7, 2018 10:35 AM
Mar 2017
Yeah I hope they release this on Blu Ray. It's kinda expensive going to the cinema in Japan... I mean, when you are 10k+ km away.
Oct 8, 2018 4:56 PM

May 2013
Fifou said:
Yeah I hope they release this on Blu Ray. It's kinda expensive going to the cinema in Japan... I mean, when you are 10k+ km away.

I haven't personally lived in Japan so I don't know the roads, but even 20km doesn't seem to be that long, especially if you have a cycle around. I cycle 25km regularly xD (and probably would have cycled my way to the theater if it got released here lol).
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 8, 2018 10:57 PM
Mar 2017
KreatorX said:
Fifou said:

I haven't personally lived in Japan so I don't know the roads, but even 20km doesn't seem to be that long, especially if you have a cycle around. I cycle 25km regularly xD (and probably would have cycled my way to the theater if it got released here lol).

Dude, I said 10k. 10000 km
Oct 8, 2018 11:56 PM

May 2013
Fifou said:
KreatorX said:

Dude, I said 10k. 10000 km

Hahhaha, my mistake. Did not read that clearly.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 11, 2018 9:47 AM

Jul 2014
Just finished watching it and no, the animation was not bad, stop spouting BS.

Its pretty worth it if you want a pure on vanillaish story on this, showcases how adorable the characters are, well besides Ram, she was pissed throughout the movie and was only energetic when they were having that snowman making competition, lol at Rem and Ram combining Subaru and Roswaal's face.
Betty was pretty much a loner as always and Subaru tries to reach out to her most of the time, and Emilia as always being the most adorable lil pumpkin in this anime, did not expect her to be a dunce drunk, seeing that alone was worth every peny, and that last part when they were going for their date was adorable! Emilia looked amazing on her clothes!
Oct 11, 2018 4:54 PM

May 2013
-Stray said:
Just finished watching it and no, the animation was not bad, stop spouting BS.

Its pretty worth it if you want a pure on vanillaish story on this, showcases how adorable the characters are, well besides Ram, she was pissed throughout the movie and was only energetic when they were having that snowman making competition, lol at Rem and Ram combining Subaru and Roswaal's face.
Betty was pretty much a loner as always and Subaru tries to reach out to her most of the time, and Emilia as always being the most adorable lil pumpkin in this anime, did not expect her to be a dunce drunk, seeing that alone was worth every peny, and that last part when they were going for their date was adorable! Emilia looked amazing on her clothes!

This will make for a good rewatch session when binging season 1 (with the ova between episode 11 and 12) before season 2 comes out. The suffering will feel even more brutal, lol.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 11, 2018 6:44 PM

Jul 2014
Here's a quick summary.

Basically the story is about Subaru preparing a date plan for him and Emilia, but each passing day it gets colder and colder which kept on postponing their date, soon later Roswaal decides to tell Subaru the cause of it, the reason being Puck having "Natsumaki"or in terms that we can understand, he has too much mana boiling up inside him that he needs to release it, so Subaru thought of a plan and decided to use Puck's problem into a snowman making event or whatever they call it having Puck create snow for the villagers to enjoy creating snowman.
After the event ends.. BTW Petra won the event and got a junkfood for it, Emilia and Betty fcking sucks with creating snowman, well at least they tried.

Later that night after the event they have a party drinking and stuffs, Roswaal has Emilia drink wine/sake and later she gets drunk.. like literally drunk, soon later Rem shows up and is also drunk, they both cling to Subaru which ofc makes the boy go crazy happy, but he then saw Betty alone on the balcony again, so he tells Emilia to take care of Rem first... btw Rem X Emilia hugging and clingging to each other was crazy hot, Subaru then kept on wishing he had a camera with him while Ram is like "I'll remember every second of this" soon later after Subaru and the gang were out on the balcony having their talks here and there, Puck decides to release the final bit of his mana out and let out snow throughout the capital, we also see Petelguese enjoying it lol, well not his full on face but his creppy smile.

As the movie draws to a close we see Emilia getting ready for her and Subaru's date, her and Puck were having a conversation which kinda boils down to Puck telling Emilia not to keep on relying to Subaru, that its her fault the boy has the scars and damage that he has, but then as Emilia is kinda saddened by this fact, Puck tells her not to worry and kinda comforts her saying Subaru will be fine so she smiles and goes out running to Subaru, we then get a pretty close glimps to Emilia which showcased her poster clothes which had a lot of emotion when the animation focused on her face, the movie then ends with both of them going on their date.

PS: Literally a scene of KonoSuba popped out when they mentioned "Fuyu Shogun" which really caught me off guard, that was a 1:1 frame of KonoSuba.
Also Roswaal V Puck remaking moves of Roswaal doing a kamehame ha pose and Puck with Freeza's death ball lol.
Oct 12, 2018 1:17 AM

May 2013
^Sounds like a pleasant watch!
-Stray said:

PS: Literally a scene of KonoSuba popped out when they mentioned "Fuyu Shogun" which really caught me off guard, that was a 1:1 frame of KonoSuba.
Also Roswaal V Puck remaking moves of Roswaal doing a kamehame ha pose and Puck with Freeza's death ball lol.

As a side note about that KonoSuba thing, I hear that the author of Re:Zero is very good friends with the author of KonoSuba. I certainly don't mind marketing done like this, haha.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 12, 2018 4:31 AM

Jan 2017
belial said:
4/10

So? you have watched it? Is there any season 2 news in the OVA?
Oct 12, 2018 8:50 AM

Oct 2007
VosMovok said:
belial said:
4/10

The only announcement at the end of the movie was on the Isekai Quartet. Personally I'm not too excited about it. Nothing on a Season 2, but it will happen eventually, Re:Zero merch still sells well in Japan.
Oct 13, 2018 1:55 AM

Sep 2016
VosMovok said:
belial said:
4/10

There's a 2nd ova announced, if you didn't know already. And it will revolve around a very important plot point, so there's still hope for season 2!
Oct 15, 2018 8:09 PM
Jul 2015
Memories - OST is pretty good.

Oct 18, 2018 12:56 PM
Dec 2017
where can i watch this?
Oct 20, 2018 4:09 AM

May 2013
316topher said:
where can i watch this?

It won't be available anytime soon. Your best bet is to wait for a couple more months for a possible Crunchyroll streaming (more likely) and/or a standalone bluray release.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Oct 20, 2018 10:56 AM
Dec 2017
thanks will do that :)
Feb 21, 2019 10:17 AM
Jan 2018
Is this in the Light novel or anime orginal
Feb 23, 2019 2:42 AM

Oct 2015
The blue ray will be released on 4 june .
Mar 7, 2019 3:22 PM

Mar 2010
Mattinator95 said:
Is this in the Light novel or anime orginal

It's based of several short stories that are canon to the series.
Apr 15, 2019 3:32 AM
Apr 2018
Prog_upworks13 said:
The blue ray will be released on 4 june .

thanks, i was looking up for that
Jun 6, 2019 8:49 PM

Feb 2018
Emilia who was drunk was very cute.
Jun 7, 2019 6:42 AM

Dec 2016
Well that "movie" was pointless. Great..
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Jun 7, 2019 9:13 AM
Aug 2016
I have tried to look for this to stream and I can't find it. Is it even technically out as very few appear to of
completed their watch of it only 3,432 wich barly much more at 3500+ curently watching it and 78,472 still having yet to watch it as of the posting of this comment, me being 1 of them as I am certainly not seeing not seeing any proof of that. This OVA also comming from an anime as big as Re zero and 1 that has almost aired in Japan 8 full months ago (october 6th).
Jun 7, 2019 2:52 PM

Mar 2010
Sephyros said:
Well that "movie" was pointless. Great..

The OVA was alway meant to be a fun, relaxing and sweet SoL story, not some serious life and death thing. There is enough of that in main series. I love Re:0, but it doesn't need to be dark all the time.
Iron_MawJun 7, 2019 3:29 PM
Jun 7, 2019 3:17 PM

Oct 2015
more screentime for Emilia = instant 10/10
Jun 8, 2019 3:12 AM
Nov 2015
Really enjoyable, i don t get the 4/10 bad animation, it is a cannon btw.
Jun 8, 2019 5:52 AM
Aug 2015
Good episode.
Loved the Konosuba reference lol.
Jun 8, 2019 8:03 AM

Jan 2017
Someone please release the subs T_T

Prog_upworks13 said:

I am glad my waifu gets the most screetime ^^

Jun 8, 2019 8:50 AM

Oct 2015
swirlydragon said:
Someone please release the subs T_T

Prog_upworks13 said:

I am glad my waifu gets the most screetime ^^

I'm sure this movie is made for Emilia fans. She really adorable in here ^^ .

And, I'm not sure why any Eng fansub still didn't sub this ...
Jun 8, 2019 9:00 AM

Jan 2017
Prog_upworks13 said:

Now I really need to watch this asap. And yeah, I wish someone would release the English subs already >.<
Did you watch the raw? Or Spanish/Indonesian subs ('cause I think they are released)?

Jun 8, 2019 9:10 AM

Oct 2015
swirlydragon said:

Now I really need to watch this asap. And yeah, I wish someone would release the English subs already >.<
Did you watch the raw? Or Spanish/Indonesian subs ('cause I think they are released)?

yes, I watched it in Indonesian subs, my native Language.
Jun 8, 2019 9:23 AM

Mar 2010
swirlydragon said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

ENG sub is currently being worked from someone who brought the OVA. Don't know the ETA tho
Jun 8, 2019 11:21 AM

Jan 2017
Jagd84 said:

ENG sub is currently being worked from someone who brought the OVA. Don't know the ETA tho

Ah I see. Thanks for the info. Hopefully it will be done soon

Prog_upworks13 said:

yes, I watched it in Indonesian subs, my native Language.

Hey man, then you could sub it in English, right? :(
Your English seems fine anyway

Jun 8, 2019 11:49 AM

Oct 2015
@swirlydragon

Sorry, I don't have a time to do that. Busy with my college right now :(
Jun 8, 2019 11:56 AM

Jan 2017
Edit:- OT
The animation wasn't lacking and the movie wasn't boring at all.
This was a great episode. Loved the interactions between Emilia and Subaru. I am also really interested in Beatrice's past now after listening to her talking about her past with Roswaal. And the last scene in which Emilia and Subaru go on a date was lovely. EMT! <3

Prog_upworks13 said:
@swirlydragon

Sorry, I don't have a time to do that. Busy with my college right now :(

I see. Perhaps, you are not the hero that the legend foretold of :(
swirlydragonJun 9, 2019 4:30 AM

Jun 9, 2019 5:56 AM
Jun 2017
love this episode, its a light one compared to the real re zero... and that drunk emilia and rem moment is the best part for me... hahaha

now season 2 im ready...
Jun 9, 2019 8:09 AM

Feb 2013
I loved it. Aside from Emilia, it has a lot of foreshadowing like with Beako and also that tidbit of fight between Puck and Roswal.
I can’t wait for Hyouketsu no Kizuna to come out! Oh and also season 2.
More Emilia-tan please 🤤

Jun 9, 2019 8:48 AM

Feb 2018
The episode is quite interesting especially when Emilia is drunk ... can't wait for Seasson 2.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What is this? should I watch it?

removed_user_123 - Jun 8, 2022

23 by Potatoboy11 »»
Jun 13, 2022 5:49 AM

» When the dub will come?

Raeyy - Sep 11, 2020

4 by Raeyy »»
Jan 2, 2021 10:18 AM

» Konosuba and Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Memory Snow

MannyMoDestE - Jul 19, 2020

2 by KreatorX »»
Jul 20, 2020 5:07 AM

» Movie or OVA???????? WTF

ProxyLain - Nov 27, 2019

4 by TK8878 »»
Jul 17, 2020 8:43 AM

» Chronological Order

SylentFart - May 1, 2020

3 by Nieznajomy43 »»
Jun 5, 2020 5:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.