3It was OK
10.9%
2Disliked it
6.0%
1Hated it
10.7%
Average 4.0
952 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2018 10:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Once again, Satou's aunt proves her crazy she is.

Satou is with Shio this episode but she still bears the scars of her injuries. A pretty thrilling finale if you ask me. Satou's aunt is one of those characters that you'd never want to meet especially if you're Taiyou.

Important part of the finale is Asahi seeing Shio again (it's been building up for a long time now). What a reunion though, seriously lol. This show as a whole really is a thriller that I'll surely remember for a good while.
Stark700Sep 28, 2018 10:35 AM
Sep 28, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2018
Omg that was intense! I’m wiped out.
Sep 28, 2018 11:32 AM

Jan 2013
truly shocking but funny simultaneously. easily tops mirai nikki and shiki. i might be a sociopath but i genuinely enjoyed that blondies agony as well as pyromaniac aunties rampage. wasn't surprised by the double reunions, i just simply enjoyed the ride. pink haired hanakana as mc was kinda dump af tho. she could have easily avoided this whole catastrophe but then we wouldn't have had this gem of a rollercoaster trainwreck. this brings me to the anime original ending which sucked but at the same time it was the most suitable, or should i say appropriate conclusion nevertheless. doubt we will be getting any ovas, let alone S2. some specials like a picture drama would be nice tho. i would order the blurays if that was the case.
HibiChikaSep 28, 2018 11:55 AM
Sep 28, 2018 11:34 AM

Dec 2012
5/10
Pedophile died, Im Happy!
Sep 28, 2018 11:40 AM

Apr 2016
The most powerful moment was at the beginning, with Satou feeling her now dead friend's face and trying not to cry after really letting what she did to her sink in. It reminds me that this show could have been a really fun, occasionally beautiful tragedy. The effort was there to make it a fun time, especially on a visual level. Too bad the show still likes to overemphasize all the monologuing and excess depravity of some of these characters. It really bogs down what could have been so poignantly and swiftly communicated given what scenes like the aforementioned are capable of.

It was an incredibly fun (if not always for the right reasons) episode, and the aunt comes out as the most entertaining character of the bunch. In a lot of ways, Satou got what was coming to her. Perhaps you could argue that she deserved worse than to go out on her own terms after everything was in shambles, but it's still better than what could have happened. I'm gonna miss this show in its own twisted way, even if the writing wasn't as delectably handled as it could have been.
Sep 28, 2018 11:43 AM
Apr 2010
6/10 good enough for this season still cant move on ep 9 xD
Sep 28, 2018 11:44 AM

Aug 2013
Aunt's "Yes, it was me" was hilarious.

This series has one of the best, if not the best suspense, I have seen. Yes, there were flaws here and there and could have been better, but I thoroughly enjoyed Satou and Koube's characters and relationship. Satou is such a great yandere character and deserves more recognition.

7.5/10
Sep 28, 2018 11:47 AM

Mar 2018
It was a twisted show with no happy ending, but damn this episode got me trembling in expectation, didn't see coming that "jumpy" finale... if it wasn't for that ring things could have gone different maybe...

7/10
Sep 28, 2018 11:48 AM

Oct 2013
Everyone paid for their deeds and Shio became a new psycho
The end
Sep 28, 2018 11:58 AM

Jan 2017
Really hope Shoko gets to torture the fuck out of Satou in the afterlife...

AND IM AN ATHEIST
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 28, 2018 12:05 PM

Sep 2017
The only good thing on this anime is her brother and OP song.

6/10
Sep 28, 2018 12:07 PM

Jul 2011
I'm a little haunted by Shio in the end. What kind of fucked up life is she gonna have...
Sep 28, 2018 12:08 PM

Apr 2016
Titadou said:
Everyone paid for their deeds and Shio became a new psycho
The end
A truly shakespearean end
Sep 28, 2018 12:11 PM
Sep 2015
Damn that ending. Gotta download the full ED now.
Watch Nichijou
Sep 28, 2018 12:16 PM
Mar 2016
I sat in my couch almost screaming "leave the ring, leave the ring, LEAVE THE RING". If only they'd listened.
And how did the blond dude get out of the building? Did someone come get him? Probably.
Sep 28, 2018 12:19 PM

Nov 2016
This was a crazy ride and I've seen some crazy shit.

And honestly, I wasn't expecting that this show would get me so emotional at the very end.

Extremely well done last episode which bumped up the score for me to a 6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 28, 2018 12:22 PM

Jan 2013
The ending was pretty predictable.
Overall it was a good watch.
Sep 28, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2016
That look at the end of Shio is quite the twist which I didn't see it coming. Her life is fucked up from now on I think. Feel sorry for the brother as well. About Satou she is some kind of victim but did horibble things like murdering people so...
Overall I like it, it made me question about child raising and traumas more than the meaning of "love".
Sep 28, 2018 12:24 PM

Jul 2012
The show could've been a bit more but I still liked it overall. The ending was pretty good too but man I feel bad for Shio, she's fucked now.
Sep 28, 2018 12:30 PM

May 2015
I am literally shocked. This wasn't what I was expecting. Since the source material is still continuing, I thought it would be an unclear end. Not a overly dramatic one like this! Nevertheless, despite all the cringy points this anime was one of the gems of this summer season. The characters were especially weird. It was nice to watch a series with such a tragicomic tone.
Sep 28, 2018 12:31 PM

Jul 2017
damn this ending fucking hit my like a truck. My god my heart
Sep 28, 2018 12:32 PM
Dec 2014
And thus the train wreck ends. As far as yandere anime goes (I am not a big fan of yandere in general), I liked it.

I suppose that what I like about the MC is that she is crazy as required of an yandere but there is a glimpse of a soul somewhere in the abyss. Despite what she said and has done, it does seem that Shokou, despite not meaning nearly as much as Shio, didn't mean absolutely nothing to her (note expilicitly stated but looking at her reactions both at the start of this episode and her brief depression after E9.

As to the Shio at the end,doesn't her "I am done with all that" line similar to what Satou said at the beginning regarding playing with guys? Also, I am guessing that this is an anime original ending, given that the manga is still ongoing?
Sep 28, 2018 12:32 PM

Mar 2017
Thought it was very good overall although I definitely wished Shio had died, she'd be so fucked up after the events of the show
Sep 28, 2018 12:38 PM

Jan 2017
toffeefee1 said:
Thought it was very good overall although I definitely wished Shio had died, she'd be so fucked up after the events of the show

Did you just wish for death on an innocent little girl?
Female x Female = Yes

Girl x Girl = Yes

Vagina x Vagina = Yes

Yuri = Yes

Lesbian = Yes
Sep 28, 2018 12:41 PM

Dec 2014
Shio survives and everything is still messed up... Damn I feel weird
Sep 28, 2018 12:41 PM

Jun 2015
Loved that end it's perfect for such a story! For sure a intense episode.
Sep 28, 2018 12:42 PM

Mar 2017
Austro said:
toffeefee1 said:

Did you just wish for death on an innocent little girl?

Haha it does sound bad but I think she'd be really scarred after what happened and it would affect her life, doesn't seem she cares much for her living family after all
Sep 28, 2018 12:51 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
The remorse/sadness from killing Shoko finally got the best of her in that moment where she forgot the ring and it ended up being Satou's downfall.

There's no fucking redeeming her actions in this show but shielding Shio at the last moment was the first step and also the last step to begin the redemption.

This relationship was doomed to fail since episode 1 and it was a big buildup to the inevitable ''bad end''. Everyone's broken. Shio living in her own world completely blocking every other attempt of getting closer to her might be fixable, they left that open-ended but that's the only glimmer of hope.

Who i personally felt sorry for in this anime was Shoko, Asahi and to an extent Mitsuboshi since he basically got raped and was visibly broke after that.
Sep 28, 2018 12:53 PM

Mar 2018
I like the fact that Satou saved Shio's life but i still believe if both died when jumped from the buiding would be more romantic as Final scene, sure its good for me 7/10
Sep 28, 2018 1:06 PM

Mar 2017
Luismy-Kun said:
I like the fact that Satou saved Shio's life but i still believe if both died when jumped from the buiding would be more romantic as Final scene, sure its good for me 7/10

I agree, I think it would have been a more fitting end
Sep 28, 2018 1:22 PM

Jul 2017
I had no expectations for this show, and surprisingly, it was pretty good. There are issues but I'm surprised. Satou died and Shio survives eh? Kinda predictable but I don't care.
Sep 28, 2018 1:24 PM

Jul 2015
Holy shit that ending, that's not something I expected.

That was a good anime, some parts were a bit iffy but still enjoyable and the last episodes in special were nice, the directing and style of the series was great too. Looks like I will pick up the manga.

Aunt best girl btw.
Sep 28, 2018 1:32 PM

May 2016
Really nice ending for a really mediocre show.
I was bummed out that Satou died at first, cause I love when bad guys get happy endings.
But Shio as her new hellspawn?

Oooohohohhh yess...

Keeping in mind she's completely fine with the idea of killing for love, she's bound to have a bodycount before she hits puberty. Hope she's just as good at feigning innocence.
Specimen021Sep 28, 2018 1:36 PM
Sep 28, 2018 1:48 PM

Apr 2014
idk that ending it had to be anime original cause it just felt different from the rest of the series and they just went with whatever... though i wont be surprised if the manga ends in a similar way now that the anime ended this way though im hoping not cause the ending for the anime was more annoying if anything just for the whole fact that Shio was left alone and now crazy

it would have been better if both would have died i would have been good with an ending like that but not this shit

well he's hoping the manga has a much better ending
"one step at a time"
Sep 28, 2018 1:58 PM
May 2018
what keeps my mind up and running is tho how are they supposed to take care of shio? i mean the mother lifes in very poor conditions and the brother well lets not get started on that
Sep 28, 2018 2:02 PM
May 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
The most powerful moment was at the beginning, with Satou feeling her now dead friend's face and trying not to cry after really letting what she did to her sink in. It reminds me that this show could have been a really fun, occasionally beautiful tragedy. The effort was there to make it a fun time, especially on a visual level. Too bad the show still likes to overemphasize all the monologuing and excess depravity of some of these characters. It really bogs down what could have been so poignantly and swiftly communicated given what scenes like the aforementioned are capable of.

It was an incredibly fun (if not always for the right reasons) episode, and the aunt comes out as the most entertaining character of the bunch. In a lot of ways, Satou got what was coming to her. Perhaps you could argue that she deserved worse than to go out on her own terms after everything was in shambles, but it's still better than what could have happened. I'm gonna miss this show in its own twisted way, even if the writing wasn't as delectably handled as it could have been.
nice comment its care to see that for this anime as most are just in broken english and people ranting but what do you think happens afterwards? the way i see it they cant take care of shio even if it seems sweet now something bad will definitey happen down the line
Sep 28, 2018 2:10 PM

Apr 2016
BigNickDigger69 said:
CodeBlazeFate said:

nice comment its care to see that for this anime as most are just in broken english and people ranting but what do you think happens afterwards? the way i see it they cant take care of shio even if it seems sweet now something bad will definitey happen down the line
It would definitely be difficult as they would have to try to deal with Shio’s newfound issues. They’ll likely end up homeless tbh, assuming they manage to stay together.
Sep 28, 2018 2:25 PM

Aug 2018
Specimen021 said:

Keeping in mind she's completely fine with the idea of killing for love, she's bound to have a bodycount before she hits puberty. Hope she's just as good at feigning innocence.
And hopefully a Loli of her own.
Sep 28, 2018 2:46 PM
May 2018
CodeBlazeFate said:
BigNickDigger69 said:
It would definitely be difficult as they would have to try to deal with Shio’s newfound issues. They’ll likely end up homeless tbh, assuming they manage to stay together.
the mother clearly cant take care of shio either honestly the best option whould be that she gets adoped by another family but no matter what happens shio will stay fucked up
Sep 28, 2018 2:46 PM

Jul 2014
Well, I start by saying that I found the direction in this anime great, the visual presentation of many of the scenes along with the soundtrack (or the lack of it in the Shoko scene for example) really make this anime stand out above others. The art was good and the animation remained consistent, overall, solid work from studio Ezόla and even more being its first anime.......obviously I have to mention the brilliance of Kana Hanazawa as usual.

With that said, I'm sorry but I didn't like the ending at all, I mean, yes, it kept me tense until the very end but I really hoped that Satou would pay for her sins and not go away in such a positive way or that Asahi after everything that happened didn't get a shit, except for a totally fucked up sister...........Shoko didn't die for this, damn it!
Sep 28, 2018 2:56 PM

Jul 2011
Crazy queen from the start till end... IMO far crazy than any other yandere I've seen (and yeah I've seen quite "few"), and Satou managed "corrupt" even Shio after all that madness D:

Satou's aunt also crazy as ever on this last episode.

Satou's madness ended atleast for now (for her side...) but what happens next (manga continues?)

"Delusions... delusions never changes", modified Fallout war never changes quote by this anime overall idea.
GaichiSep 28, 2018 3:05 PM

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Sep 28, 2018 3:07 PM

Sep 2011
Something's bothering me. Why is Asahi waiting with feeling impatiance for Taiyou's report on Satou's location when he realized he can just recheck the picture again carefully while he was waiting or before asking Taiyou in the first place?

Sep 28, 2018 3:10 PM
Oct 2016
Would’ve enjoyed the show MUCH more if the blonde dude wasn’t in it. Still, it was a decent ending
Sep 28, 2018 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
Some of you seem to be missing some important details.

Thought on the anime as a whole:
First of all, I completely called that building fire, jump ending! I've been saying it all along. It's gonna have the opening of the first episode as the finale.
Next, I'm glad it didn't just end with a "jump." It showed conclusions the best way it could and I could not be happier. (Bye crazy teacher!)
This was just a straight up, wild ride to the end and I enjoyed it. It explored the dark sides of reality and shows that there will be consequences for actions that we do. It was thrilling to watch and I can say that it's a psychological thriller in its own right. I'll keep this at a steady 7 though. I hope all of you are fine after this crazy ride because media can get into your head and this is one of them where it's really twisted.

To further dive into the episode (and characters) itself:
The dialogue right before the jump was chilling. It's already disturbing enough for anyone to say, but a 7 year old kid saying "let's die together" is extra disturbing and unsettling. I think there's still hope for Shio though. She can recover from such a traumatic, Stockholm syndrome-like illness. She's still young and you learn values while you're a child. With proper help, she can definitely recover.
Most important detail in the episode:
Next, some of you seem to have missed the trembling lips of Satou when she was dressing Shoko. This scene was super morbid and in my opinion, one of the most disturbing sights in this anime. Shoko was Satou's friend. No matter what happened, she still tried to look out for her friend and some people say that Shoko messed up by not telling Satou straight up from the alley that she was still her friend when Shoko saw her aunt. While I agree (I still think she actually told Satou that she's still her friend), Shoko cared for Satou even more but she got tied up into a whole new string with the Shio incident and stuff that led to her demise.
tl;dr on the important stuff
Anyways, Satou was very cold starting from the moment she killed Shoko and was very serious. When Satou noticed Shoko's lifeless eyes stare into her eyes, Satou stopped, trembled on her lips, and started to caress Shoko's face. It was at this very moment that Satou realized exactly what she has done and this is the moment that defined why she decided to save Shio in the end. She looked super vulnerable in this moment and I believe it was sadness and remorse that went over her. She killed her friend and she felt that sadness staring into Shoko's eyes. I wish the moment wasn't interrupted by Shio, but we see her snap back to reality when Shio knocked. This was her downfall as well since she came back for the ring which allowed Asahi to catch her.

How does this connect to her saving Shio? Satou realized that she has achieved her happiness. Satou has finally felt "love" after looking for it and failing time after time. Satou saved her in hopes that Shio can start her own journey as well (unfortunately, it seems that it'll take a while for Shio to do that).

But this doesn't sound like the anime at all?! You're right, but this is because it's rushed. The Shoko moment made Satou realize the reality of things and she decided that it's unfair to take Shio's life just because she couldn't give her the "Happy Sugar Life." This is the only explanation I can think of as to why Satou didn't allow Shio to die as well.
zeron824Sep 28, 2018 3:32 PM
Sep 28, 2018 3:33 PM
Sep 2018
I'm like shook, I was not expecting it at all like it was such a shame Satou died like Shio lost her lover for christ sakes! Poor kid has being through enough shit like you would feel sorry for her, the brother and Taiyo even if he had turned into a pervert after being raped by 2 middle aged women. Very surreal lads..
Sep 28, 2018 4:02 PM
Nov 2009
Not going to lie, but when Shio said that she wanted to die together with Satou, I teared up a little, I do not agree with Satou's intentions - but it was a very guilty pleasure anime for me.
Sep 28, 2018 4:29 PM

May 2015
That was a decent finale, but a pretty messed up ending for Shio. It felt like an anime original ending. I should catch up on the manga again, I've been a little bit behind, unfortunately.

But I enjoyed the show for how crazy it was, honestly. It definitely had some really good parts, like the inner perspective of the characters, and Shouko's death was another chilling sequence.

8/10.

Sep 28, 2018 4:49 PM

Jan 2012
Damn!

I really liked this show. For it to end this way is a bit disappointing.
Sep 28, 2018 4:52 PM

Nov 2013
and the worst episode of the season reward goes to...

yay the "i have to drop my ring so i have to come back and die" ... that reminds me of a manga with a blue haired girl...
how to drop my score from a 8/9 to a 5 in one episode, good job lol

anyway...now that it is over, my opinion is still the same as in episode 6 (half mark) ... every interaction between Shio and Satou is worth a 10, the yandere moments are also worth a 10 , and everything else is worth a 0 lol with the exception that the aunt is actually fun and worth maybe a 7
i was still going to ignore all those bad parts (Tayou or the teacher are examples) and say i liked the show ... but not with this kind of "forget ring and die" bullshit
winddevil1Sep 28, 2018 4:57 PM
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Sep 28, 2018 5:29 PM
Sep 2018
looks like i need therapy because i think Satou did nothing wrong, she only killed bad people (except her best friend but that was necessary) and she didn't abused Shio.

LOL
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 2 Discussion

TheFreycook - Aug 9, 2018

43 by Dizzy-san »»
May 12, 1:25 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2018

96 by LeonardoFrav »»
Apr 4, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2018

70 by Phixiately »»
Mar 23, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2018

81 by Phixiately »»
Mar 20, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Happy Sugar Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sacerdotisa - Aug 9, 2018

66 by Phixiately »»
Feb 29, 1:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.