Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 1, 2018 6:56 AM

Sep 2015
Derbeder said:
shiro_kai said:
Those Man vs. Wild moments would be even better if they could take a time to explain more detailed how the traps work or how was originated the natural knowledge they have for example.

It's a shame how they didn't/couldn't incorporate the small tidbits and explanations throughout the manga. A few chapters had explanations and sidenotes for a few things, too.

Danm, they could get a step closer to the anime of the year with just those few additions. Shame.
May 1, 2018 7:31 AM
Mar 2018
garyborken said:
DandyMadao said:
i was afraid that they would adapt the fight with slow motion, i am glad i was wrong and they adapt it as faithful as possible to the manga since almost all of the fight scene on this series end in less than several minutes

and it's too bad that they didn't animate the scene with otter delicacy

Actually it's included in this week's Golden Douga Gekijou, well, parts of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgj3AyV3K68

that's interesting, but it's a shame there's no sub for them yet
May 1, 2018 9:22 AM

Jan 2016
shiro_kai said:
Derbeder said:

It's a shame how they didn't/couldn't incorporate the small tidbits and explanations throughout the manga. A few chapters had explanations and sidenotes for a few things, too.

Danm, they could get a step closer to the anime of the year with just those few additions. Shame.

Honestly? I'm fine with them leaving some of the finer details out in order to preserve the pacing. If they included all the info it'd be a lot harder for the anime to get through enough plot progression every episode in order to feel satisfying.
May 1, 2018 9:37 AM

Sep 2011
I reflexively said "ow" just watching Sugimoto get stabbed through the cheeks with a dango skewer O-o Might want to put something on that, that's an infection waiting to happen...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
May 1, 2018 10:01 AM

Sep 2015
Cherstal said:
shiro_kai said:

Honestly? I'm fine with them leaving some of the finer details out in order to preserve the pacing. If they included all the info it'd be a lot harder for the anime to get through enough plot progression every episode in order to feel satisfying.

I think that if done in the right way It would not screw up the pace, but would certainly need 1 or 2 more minutes in the episode. I was thinking about something like Yuru camp were the narrator stop the conversations really briefly to explain something about what they are using or doing but the scene continues. They could add a mini theater at the ending too, but that would make the show more childish.

I think is more about whether they have the right ideas and ability to execute that.
May 1, 2018 12:02 PM

Nov 2011
Soon, Sugimoto will have to make a facial plastic or else will have no more space for other scars, LOL!

Oh well! I must say that the episode is very enjoyable and fun, the scenes of violence are not exaggerated, even if they have a certain effect in seeing them. The faceless guy scares me so much. The story on the life of Asirpa is touching.
May 1, 2018 12:40 PM

Jun 2017
That scene with the stick really caught me off guard. The first half is mostly just Sugimoto eating food and then suddenly there's a sharp stick going straight through his face. Kind of a cliffhanger though, not happy with that. Still, I really enjoy this anime.
May 1, 2018 1:38 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty solid episode , Sugimoto is pretty similar to Gintoki dude's a funny guy but when shit gets real he flips the switch and become a dead serious guy , Tsurumi impaled him with the stick yet he didn't even flinch . so far the Humour and Seriousness is pretty well balanced so i hope it will stay that way
May 1, 2018 2:08 PM
Sep 2016
Cherstal said:
shiro_kai said:

Can't argue with that. If it were up to me, I'd have this anime go on for a few hundred chapters, I'm biased towards this manga as it's one of my favorites.
May 1, 2018 2:44 PM
Apr 2017
This anime gets better with every episode. This one was far the best in my opinion.
May 1, 2018 6:06 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Asiripa is such a sweet girl. <3
The first half was both pretty sweet to see but also really sad with Asiripa's backstory. The scene where she tells Retar to say and not leave her alone was incredibly sad. :(
That said Retar for best character. XD

The second half got intense fast, the part where the 7th fleet leader pushes that pick through Sugimoto's mouth caught me totally off guard.

Nice to see that the Esacpe King returned, he's an amusing character.
The ending was awesome.
May 1, 2018 8:46 PM
Sep 2016
Sugimoto, Saichi is awesome. I expect a lot from him
May 1, 2018 8:57 PM

Sep 2017
This episode was full of so many great scenes, I'm seeming to love Sugimoto more with each episode <3 He better have a good reason for leaving Asirpa though.
May 1, 2018 9:26 PM

Oct 2008
This is gonna get messier! but awesome!
Sugimoto is really badass over the top reckless brave!
Tsurumi captured him and looks like there's gonna be a lot of conflicts here!
Escape King vs Retar? hahah that's an bonus win for Retar! you cannot escape from a special kind of wolf like that!
LOL at that revolted face by Asirpa!
5/5!
matias067May 1, 2018 9:31 PM

May 1, 2018 10:07 PM

Jun 2016
My God, Tsurumi does not kid around ! I do have to admit I really love the cast of this series. Each one with a unique personality and his own epithet!

Got to see the Escape King once again, pretty great episode ^__^
May 2, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2015
I'm starting to think this might be a Gourmet Anime in disguise, and it's just trying to stand out from other food anime by having some adventure on the side. What I'm saying is that they eat a lot, and talk about the food just as much. Also Asirpa has some of the best expressions, shes freaking great.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 2, 2018 8:03 PM

Mar 2009
Despite how savage and brutal this series is, it's actually got a strong emotional core, with Asirpa and the Ainu tribe in general. Asirpa crying over Retar was heartbreaking.
May 2, 2018 8:35 PM
Mar 2012
Wow insane fight, that chair skillz.
Dango's scary now.
Nice wolfie backstory.
May 3, 2018 6:18 PM

May 2017
Is Asirpa officially a 'best girl'?
May 3, 2018 8:43 PM
Mar 2018
smoledman said:
Is Asirpa officially a 'best girl'?

not even close

May 3, 2018 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
Too fast for me this episode. Aside from awful CGI bear apperance once again, there were lots of priceless moments and definitely living upto 'seinen' joke i like in anime (like BSD, Drifters) and this is quickly becoming my favorite after rough start. The last roar from Sugimoto was pure badass and definitely lived upto his "immortal" title, haha. And also surprised to discover that Sugimoto's va is new since his voice kinda reminds me of Gintoki. Its like Gintoki in different universe. Very cool.
removed-userMay 3, 2018 10:11 PM
May 4, 2018 4:49 PM
Jul 2017
Killer episode. Currently AOTS for me. I'll never look at a skewer the same again.

Tsurumi ought to have dinner with The Joker.

When Sugimoto and Asirpa talk about him leaving like that, I hope the anime does a good job. It'll be easy to write it as a cliche. But I'm betting the anime does a good job.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
May 4, 2018 4:59 PM

Jun 2016
So far this series showed:
- Great action
- Great settings (the war, the Ainu stuff)
- Great characters
- Too rushed pacing that makes storytelling a bit urealistic
- TERRIBLE, AND I MEAN TERRIBLE CGI...

In my opinion, it is a real shame, a more relaxed pacing and HAND DRAWN BEARS could have made this anime great, instead it is a 7 for me.
In any case I'm looking forward for the next episode!
May 5, 2018 11:16 AM

Oct 2012
Comedy overkill. Not that I don't like it here and there but they are putting it in needlessly, it hurts the show. Also, his battle cry shtick is getting old. I know it's flag because he probably dies saving Asripa in the end but still, don't need to hear it in every episode.

The developement was good but his actions are so illogical, running into the trap without second though. At the beginning of the story we were shown he's immortal but then he did way too many careless thing that could get him killed instantly and only plot armour guards him now. Not the best use of it.

Anyway, now they only need to burn out Asirpa's village to fuel the revenge, make a reason for her to come with her and develop main antagonist. I love the atmosphere but there are way too many cliches. And their 'loyal' escape artist sideckick joins them soon I presume.
May 9, 2018 4:48 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Sugimoto has now the opportunity to scapes!!! :/
Aug 8, 2018 10:08 AM

May 2012
Oh snap that ending! He is in quite the pinch right now! Let's hope he gets out of that trouble. Let's find out next!
Jan 28, 2019 4:36 AM

Mar 2017
mah nigga Sugimoto 'bout to walk down the path of lolis
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Jun 4, 2019 12:32 PM
Jul 2015
Day after day, i found that asirpa's beuaty is really adorable 😍
Nov 17, 2019 2:38 AM

Jul 2015
Getting a skewer through your mouth must hurt a lot, that sugimoto really lives up to his name

Also damn that escape at the end

Jul 7, 2020 6:25 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn Sugimoto is in a really bad position, but i'm sure he will manage to survive and escape.
Sep 14, 2020 8:01 AM

Oct 2016
Another great episode, Sugimoto left the village as to protect them but I think that's not really the answer here. Damn, Tsurumi is a savage, but Sugimoto is also a savage for not flinching at all after getting skewered by a stick in the mouth. And the faces Asirpa makes are fucking hilarious lmao. That cliffhanger though jeez, that was a brutal cliffhanger.
Sep 18, 2020 12:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh, man, its sad that Sugimoto getting caught off by insane captain of seventh division. His decision to left Asirpa kinda ashamed. But its understandable, knewing the fact of he did not want to be ended up being more closely with the girl. He just did not want to lost her, or she lost him situations like she had with her father, or Retar condition. So, yeah, Sugimoto being so gentle on that situations. However, its not ended up with a nice result. Their last moment at the village, as these episode already showed, still held some of the hilarious scenes, including Asirpa and the child of Ainu, grandma funny reaction over a 'shit', then Asirpa lookes angry to Sugimoto, everything just looked so fine, and Asirpa became more likeable than before. However, its just ended up to be like that. They were all on the move in the next day.

As i said, since Sugimoto left the village and decided to the city again to searching more information, he got cheated by that restaurant owner, and more action pack figured Sugimoto with some of the other soldiers happened. But its ended him up with a defeated, by getting so much beat. That captain, surely a true definition of a maniac. His brain completely wrecked, and he just shit with no exception. He wanted to take a revenged to their government by dumped himself, as a result of being a trash after came back from the war. He wanted to recruit Sugimoto. However, when i knew he was no longer a loyal soldiers. He even stated himself that he had some hostility with his old superiors, and caused him to be fired from the army. So, yeah, his action was understandable, he reject that shit out, and the captain ordered? He just a complete dick, stabbed Sugimoto with the dango prick (damn, it looks so painful to be watched, for the damn sake!), arrested him, and, left him alone. Its not just him, together with that twins soldiers that got a nice rekt later, they were just a bunch of dipshit. The next episode might be nice to see Sugimoto rampage after whatever happened to his life!

The moments from the King of Escape scenery was just hilarious. Asirpa and Retar ended up with him, and the face reaction of her while realized the story just, Lmao. Its too funny, i can't hold myself. He even got bite twice in a row. XD However, the real deal was after that. Now, as the King of Escape couldn't escape his shit out of that city again, he needed to save Sugimoto's neck, together with Asirpa and Retar. Were they succeeded? Let see the next one, together with Sugimoto action at the near of his death!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 26, 2020 2:01 AM

Aug 2019
Man honestly this show is either god damn amazing or I’m biased because I love WW1 type stuff
May 18, 2021 12:09 PM
Apr 2016
The comedy is so bad in this show, but at least the story itself is pretty interesting.
Jun 10, 2022 1:21 PM

May 2020
Always the best part, the interactions between Sugimoto and Asirpa. Also glad to have more of Asirpa's backstory, she indeed is one brave girl.

But hey things took a turn for worse in the second half, with that sudden capture of Sugimoto. Though still not something he couldn't free himself from, he really does live up to his name. Such a fine episode.
Jul 21, 2022 5:57 AM
Oct 2019
switching stinky socks? NASTY...🤢

damn the Comedy was on point everytime.

my god that first stick really made me scream... wtf
two dango stick in his cheeks? Sugimoto is really Immortal huh...
Oct 12, 2022 3:08 AM
Jul 2018
Chopsticks through both the cheeks!
The humor in this episode was great, lots of funny scenes!
Oct 21, 2022 8:11 PM

Jul 2015
This show is so metal I can't get over it. If Vinland saga had hilarious moments sprinkled in there this comes close!
Have a healthy, happy, day of hilarity!

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

Mar 10, 2023 2:51 PM

Aug 2022
I'm Sugimoto the Immortal!
Sep 15, 2023 3:58 AM
Aug 2022
They eat all the time. This show needs a gourmet tag.

Mar 15, 6:38 PM

May 2021
Stuff is finally starting to ramp up
Broke outa the chair at the end
Inhales oxygen
Apr 15, 7:22 PM
Oct 2016
for how strong the humor is, it's pretty well balanced for how otherwise serious the rest of the show is
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

292 by Nilton_Junio »»
Apr 13, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

41 by elviskocho1023 »»
Mar 24, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

24 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 9:24 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 9 Discussion

17 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 3:09 PM

Poll: » Golden Kamuy Episode 8 Discussion

19 by Karva1 »»
Mar 16, 2:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.