Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2018 9:59 PM

Sep 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Furé Furé great episode.
Quality and designs are amazing, I do prefer the normal form compared to the precure forms.

Evil corporations stealing futures are the bad guys and they need to protect the baby.
ichii_1Feb 5, 2018 4:36 PM
Feb 3, 2018 11:10 PM
May 2017
Pretty decent first episode.

The animatiom was amazing and Saaya seems like a nice person. Also, the OP (KANAKO'S BACK! WOOP WOOP!) and ED are great too! The villains and their organization was kind of confusing to me and the action was pretty meh for this episode. Also, Hana's little sister's name is Kotori, which is a plus for sharing her name with a Love Live character.

I also noticed they put a lot of Futari wa references in this, such as Hana making a wish and Hugtan falling from the sky on Hana. WHICH IS FUCKING AMAZING. This increases the chance of Nagisa and Honoka making a cameo in the future.
Feb 4, 2018 12:05 AM
Jun 2011
CottonCandySwirl said:
Pretty decent first episode.

The animatiom was amazing and Saaya seems like a nice person. Also, the OP (KANAKO'S BACK! WOOP WOOP!) and ED are great too! The villains and their organization was kind of confusing to me and the action was pretty meh for this episode. Also, Hana's little sister's name is Kotori, which is a plus for sharing her name with a Love Live character.

I also noticed they put a lot of Futari wa references in this, such as Hana making a wish and Hugtan falling from the sky on Hana. WHICH IS FUCKING AMAZING. This increases the chance of Nagisa and Honoka making a cameo in the future.
yes the first physical fight was short but it only the first episode
Feb 4, 2018 12:09 AM
Oct 2013
A great first Ep the transformation was beautiful cant wait for the next one Cure Ange GO GO!
Feb 4, 2018 12:21 AM
Mar 2017
Only took like 6 Minutes to start getting super gay. is that a new Record?
Feb 4, 2018 12:40 AM
Jun 2011
JaredMithrandir said:
Only took like 6 Minutes to start getting super gay. is that a new Record?
i dont think it was gay. why do you think so? no one been gay to someone
Feb 4, 2018 1:14 AM
Mar 2017
MC was in awe of how pretty the Blonde Tomboy was.
Feb 4, 2018 1:41 AM
Apr 2016
also in the next ep preview hana said saaya was really pretty "like an angel"... gay if i ever seent one
Feb 4, 2018 3:08 AM
Jun 2011
Zainiee said:
also in the next ep preview hana said saaya was really pretty "like an angel"... gay if i ever seent one
it just what i think but it her first impressions of them since she new and dont know them so i dont think it gay
Feb 4, 2018 5:26 AM

Aug 2014
the mains catchphrase is already super annoying and what kind of a name is cure yell?

im guessing the brat is either the fourth precure or the reincarnated princess or whatever again..

and morrowpowerer sounds stupid..
Feb 4, 2018 5:53 AM
Jan 2017
Here are some teeny tiny nitpicks!

Needs a little bit improvement. Bad pacing, mediocre start, characters with potential, but barely any interaction with background characters. The Animation was pretty great to start with, but when it came to the transformation sequences, it went down. The Hagyuu~ shout wasn’t good and might have been used too much in the transformation. The character introductions felt weak and barely felt any real connection between them. The villains felt a bit unique. But Hana being a Pretty Cure didn’t feel like natural at all; seemed forced. She just transformed out of nowhere without any guide or direction at all, and the anime just expects us to go with the flow. I'm still planning to go on with the series regardless. You'll never know when it starts going up from there.
Feb 4, 2018 6:39 AM
Jun 2011
Greeny78554 said:
Here are some teeny tiny nitpicks!

Needs a little bit improvement. Bad pacing, mediocre start, characters with potential, but barely any interaction with background characters. The Animation was pretty great to start with, but when it came to the transformation sequences, it went down. The Hagyuu~ shout wasn’t good and might have been used too much in the transformation. The character introductions felt weak and barely felt any real connection between them. The villains felt a bit unique. But Hana being a Pretty Cure didn’t feel like natural at all; seemed forced. She just transformed out of nowhere without any guide or direction at all, and the anime just expects us to go with the flow. I'm still planning to go on with the series regardless. You'll never know when it starts going up from there.
there were few previous procures who did transformed out of nowhere if you don't know. also it no surprise there any connection between them yet they bearly met and interact
Feb 4, 2018 8:30 AM

May 2013
hmm, not really sound too critism but the reason hana protecting hugtan is little ridiculous.

I'm more moved when haru hesitate protecting her friend or Ichika finishing the cake.
Feb 4, 2018 8:49 AM
Apr 2017
How amazing! It's the first episode and I'm already loving it!
Feb 4, 2018 9:28 AM
Jul 2018
(My response/reply to this is a re-quote of mine from a Precure Facebook group I'm a part of, so enjoy?)

Anyway, here goes:

Just finished watching the first episode with the boyfriend. The OP was....eh. Hana/Yell is quite excitable, indeed. Saaya/Ange is adorable already (she reminds me of Yui and Minami/Mermaid from G!PP, actually) while Homare/Etoile is a person that gives off the "I'm cool" vibe, if you know what I mean. Hugtan is super cute (we'll see how long that lasts, however) while Harry is, well...Harry. The villains are pretty interesting already (I like how they're a "company" and that they already seem to know what Precure are). Oh! And the ED was slightly...better...than the OP. Thinking that it'll be a show dedicated to ALL the potential career paths people can take, et cetera, and that their power ups/upgrades will be themed around said career paths. All in all, I'd give it a 6/10 (for now). ^^;;
Feb 4, 2018 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
After the awful train wreck that was KiraKira, it's good to see Precure feeling like a proper season of Precure again.
Feb 4, 2018 6:05 PM

Nov 2011
there seems to be heavy inspiration from doki-doki and princess! precure in terms of character designs.
Minami from Go! Princess and Saaya looks very similar untransformed, and Hug-tan = Ai ... except possibly without crazy powers (?)

cure Yells' "heart for you" special move seems quite similar to cure Heart's "My Sweet Heart" attack.

the mascot doesn't use a special sentence-ender like previous ones - for better or worse.
(Coco from Yes! Precure 5 had a very high-pitch voice, which was a little not to my liking)

it's possible this season will be similar to doki-doki. take this however you will.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 4, 2018 9:05 PM

Jan 2018
good to see evil corporation coming back since Yes Precure 5 days...
ikemen villains are a plus
hugtan is so cute, possibly my fav precure baby out of Chiffon, Ai-chan, and ha-chan.
fun seeing a really manly looking dude as cure yell's dad, dat broad shoulders
love the hugs hope for more hugs in the future
Feb 5, 2018 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
After Kirakira I'm happy to see a Precure anime again with a proper Precure formule. So far it seems like it has allot potentional and I hope that will be true in the end. Homare's voice felt a little bit awkward but I personally think this character is gonna receive quite some character development, or so I expect.
Feb 6, 2018 1:04 PM

Jun 2012
Already better than the last two seasons. Fucking loved this.
I hope they develop the other girls properly and we don't get Pink Bias. Otherwise this was near perfect, I absolutely loved this. Plenty of influences from Fresh, and the transformation seemed similar to Doki Doki. Love it!
Feb 6, 2018 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
I’m not a fan of PreCure, but all I’ve seen is a bit of Futari wa so the new season seems like a good place to try again. I’ll probably enjoy the series better weekly than whenever I want to. Anyway, about the actual show. I have an unhealthy tolerance and adoration for the kind, helpful, pure mahou shoujo protagonist (think Madoka from Madoka Magica, Yuuna from YuYuYu, Hibiki from Symphogear, etc.), and Hana scratches that itch. Although I got bored with Futari wa, I did like the characters, and it seems that these new Cures will be similarly likeable. I wasn’t blown away or anything, but I did enjoy this first episode, and will definitely keep watching.
Feb 7, 2018 8:55 AM
Aug 2017
Probably one of the next in line to become a top Precure series, lol. People have been waiting for this ever since the spoilers came out.

Introduction: 7/10
It was different from most of the Precure introductions in the first episodes. The leading Cure usually goes, "My name is Usami Ichika. I'm 13 years old, in seventh grade, etc. etc.". This gave a whole new experience to it. It introduces us to the family, villains (which I have to say the one that came to cause havoc didn't look like he came from the circus), mascots, and future Cures to come. It however didn't introduce the side characters, and I was a bit disappointed, but, it's Hana's first day at school, so, I guess I can't rant about that.

Characters: 10/10

Each character seems to give off some sort of vibe. Each does stand out, which is what the Precure franchise needs, and only has a few similarities to the past Precure generations.
I'm obsessed with Hana's "furefure" chant. I find it very unique. I can't wait for Saaya to come into play, as I think she'll be my "best girl" for the series.

Art: 10/10
The art I find is wonderful (Gives us a break from all those backgrounds that looked like they were drawn by kids in KiraKira) as it gives off a realistic vibe.

(Probably will edit comment in the future once the season progresses.)
Feb 7, 2018 4:20 PM

Jan 2008
Did anyone notice how freaking buff Hana's dad is? I mean DAMN!
Feb 9, 2018 2:05 AM
Jun 2011
DmonHiro said:
yes he way too tall and buff
Feb 10, 2018 1:34 AM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
I enjoyed the episode, much more than the last two seasons. Must be because I am a Fresh/Princess fan and well... It gives the same vibes. Only thing is that the characters are the same archetype personalities; Pink the bright, energetic one; Blue the gentle, elegant one; Yellow the popular, fashionable one. Well, maybe they will try something different with Homare this time.

I am wondering if they pull an Eas/Twilight with Lulu, that would be nice.
Feb 10, 2018 3:30 AM

Jan 2018
DmonHiro said:

ikr he is so big. each of his arm is as big as his daughters. he reminds me of Nao's dad from smile precure. we need more big buff manly man in precure as dads/friends etc
Feb 11, 2018 1:43 AM

May 2008
CharlesFrancis said:
DmonHiro said:

ikr he is so big. each of his arm is as big as his daughters. he reminds me of Nao's dad from smile precure. we need more big buff manly man in precure as dads/friends etc

His Face is like Ichika's Dad also...
Feb 13, 2018 10:26 AM

Apr 2014
Hari reminds me of Kero. Must be the dialect. lmao
Feb 16, 2018 6:32 PM

Nov 2012
TFW Precure's hairstyles have gotten so weird the anime has to say the protagonist messed up cutting their hair because NOBODY WOULD INTENTIONALLY WEAR THEIR HAIR LIKE THAT.

This is a dumb complaint and I hate to get on a long running series' case for trying something new, but I really miss the fairies. I am not going to enjoy the mascot being a crying baby with a hamster instead nearly as much I think. I do NOT like Hug-tan's noises at all.

The animation is 'aight. The whole looks 'aight so far.
Feb 17, 2018 9:03 PM
Jul 2018
The first minute I'm in love with the protagonist. I hope this will be as enjoyable as goPri.
Feb 19, 2018 3:36 AM

Oct 2007
A decent first episode. So they're going back to having a "baby" in the show. They put a baby in because Japan is suffering from declining birth rates? xD
Well, I lived through Fresh precure, and even enjoyed it at times. So will stick to this for now.

Cure Yell character design somehow reminds me of the pink cheerleader design of Amu Hinamori from Shugo Chara. And thank goodness some real action is back, oh thank goodness. I can have a year of decent precure again.
Feb 19, 2018 3:50 AM

Oct 2007
Netbug said:

This is a dumb complaint and I hate to get on a long running series' case for trying something new, but I really miss the fairies. I am not going to enjoy the mascot being a crying baby with a hamster instead nearly as much I think. I do NOT like Hug-tan's noises at all.

Hmm, they actually did the baby as a mascot thing quite a few times already.. first in Fresh, then Dokidoki, and the fairy in Mahoutsukai started off as a baby as well. But the babies in those precure series look more like fairies than a real human baby. Hugtto seems to be a more baby focused precure show.. so the baby this time looks more human than the babies in other precure. I can live with a crying baby as a mascot... but they should compensate with good action, and don't make every episode a babysitting episode. @_@
Feb 19, 2018 12:52 PM

Nov 2012
Liddo-kun said:
Netbug said:

Hmm, they actually did the baby as a mascot thing quite a few times already.. first in Fresh, then Dokidoki, and the fairy in Mahoutsukai started off as a baby as well. But the babies in those precure series look more like fairies than a real human baby. Hugtto seems to be a more baby focused precure show.. so the baby this time looks more human than the babies in other precure. I can live with a crying baby as a mascot... but they should compensate with good action, and don't make every episode a babysitting episode. @_@

Ahhh, see I'm still catching up on Precure so there's a few series I don't know. Woopsie. %D;
Feb 19, 2018 5:43 PM

Oct 2007
Netbug said:
Liddo-kun said:

Ahhh, see I'm still catching up on Precure so there's a few series I don't know. Woopsie. %D;

You can always try the others if you feel underwhelmed by this one. Honestly, I feel underwhelmed too since they jammed a crying baby so early in the show. The better precure I've seen is Heartcatch in 2005 - has a higher MAL rating compared to other precure series. And lastly, looking at your sig.. you seem to be a fan of Ainza-sama - glad to see another fan of Overlord.. have just started it, and it's awesome. :3
Feb 19, 2018 6:08 PM

Nov 2012
Liddo-kun said:
Netbug said:

You can always try the others if you feel underwhelmed by this one. Honestly, I feel underwhelmed too since they jammed a crying baby so early in the show. The better precure I've seen is Heartcatch in 2005 - has a higher MAL rating compared to other precure series. And lastly, looking at your sig.. you seem to be a fan of Ainza-sama - glad to see another fan of Overlord.. have just started it, and it's awesome. :3

I've started Heartcatch - love that one. (Also heck yeah Overlord and actually having a likable protagonist in an Isekai for once.)
Feb 21, 2018 11:24 AM
Jan 2016
So i loved maho in the start, but then a new precure came ind and i stopped watching that, remind me to much of the other series.
Kira Kira is a bit special, but it just a big disappointment.
Hugtto well saw the first episode, and i already dislike it, hope the next one will be better.
Apr 22, 2018 4:25 PM

Jul 2015
First time I try a PreCure anime, this episode was pretty good!

Hana's dad is freaking huge lmao.

Apr 26, 2018 6:49 PM

Nov 2011
A giant monster is attacking your school, you're trying to save a baby that fell out of the sky, you magically turn into another form, and your first thought is "I look so hot! o_o"?

LOL.

A lot of parts in the rest of the episode induced eyerolls, but that's par for the start of most Precures. I expect this to start getting good after a few episodes.

The combat sakuga was lovely. The main cast left a decent enough first impression (the main's catchphrase notwithstanding). The designs are cool. The antagonists seem pretty corny this time (as does the OP/ED), and I'm not sure if I like having a literal baby instead of a proper fairy (or multiple), but we'll see.

All in all a decent start.
Mar 19, 2020 2:36 AM
▬▬ι═══════ﺤ

Feb 2012
I really like Hana's Precure design. Really digging the lipstick especially. Hugtan is really cute too.

The action sequences in this episode look great. I hope to see more of that.
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." ⛩️

Oct 28, 2022 10:54 PM

Feb 2013
Hugtan already annoys me, I simply despise babies.
Hana seems okay, I can relate to wanting to change yourself, but failing.
Cure Yell (why do the Japanese alöways pronounce that word "ell"?) is...a cheerleader?
The evil company is something we had back in orecure 5 already, tough the rest looks somewaht like a combination of fresh and dokidoki
<-click
Dec 13, 2022 2:14 AM

Dec 2020
loving the art style for this, the characters are all so cute too ..excited to watch more
May 15, 2023 12:18 AM
Oct 2021
I love how her messy bangs are still there on her Cure form, lol.

I’m looking forward to the rest of this season!
Jan 29, 6:12 AM
May 2016
I like Hana. I find her very endearing. I like the cheer aesthetic and her passion for the future and for self improvement despite how she's kind of a hot mess in terms of a lot of what she does. She has a groundedness to her, and she gay(prbly)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 49 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Jan 27, 2019

34 by Fuwa_san »»
Sep 28, 2023 12:09 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 37 Discussion

Dalek-baka - Oct 21, 2018

25 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 2:11 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 36 Discussion

silverwalls - Oct 14, 2018

14 by Atsunome »»
May 24, 2023 1:07 AM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 13 Discussion

minimiau - Apr 28, 2018

14 by CMYK »»
Apr 5, 2023 5:13 PM

Poll: » Hug tto! Precure Episode 11 Discussion

PoppyBloomP - Apr 14, 2018

18 by CMYK »»
Jan 31, 2023 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.