Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jul 10, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2013
So the first seat let him off just like that, would've been weird if he had beaten him after all. The big reveal in the end, I did not remember that Erina still doesn't know who Souma's father is.

There were a few things in this season that I did not like. I did not mind the worse animation all that much. But all that central business and the lack of fanservice made it definitely less enjoyable than the last season. 8/10
Sep 12, 2019 6:22 PM

Apr 2007
I'm going to assume Soma's mother is to "blame" for his father's change. It's rediculous that he has such a big influence over this series though :/

At least Erina finally knows the truth. The reveal was handled nicely with the music
Jan 10, 2020 7:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
It was obvious that Souma would lose against Eishi but it was great.
And damn that cliffhanger ! This season was really great, fortunately I can watch the following right now :D
Mar 10, 2020 7:21 AM

Aug 2017
Even though Souma was defeated, the plot demands that he should not join the Central. Also, how convenient they never told Erina about Souma's dad and its worse when she realizes for an EXTREMELY convenient scene. The only good thing about the final episode is that I could see Tsukasa sexy abs.

What a disappointment this first half of S3, until the second half of ep 5, this season was ok but it went downhill quickly with the generic villain, plot armor, forced plot conveniences and boring conclusions. The worst part is that this does not end. 4/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMar 10, 2020 7:30 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 24, 2020 5:56 AM
May 2020
Really liked it! Even though I think the plot twist of Soma's father was a bit predictable (bc of the opening), I liked it! Also I felt a little surprised that they didn't let us see Nikumi's and Megumi's shokugekis, since they put them in the op.
Jun 2, 2020 2:40 PM
Oct 2019
So obviously we've known about Souma's dad from the start, and that he was Erina's chef or something at one point. But when was he her chef? Was he not in Souma's life for a long while when Souma was a child? I don't remember.

And even though they cleared up who Erina's dad was earlier in this season, I had previously thought her dad was Joichiro due to that one photo/memory she had in a prior season. I was wondering how they were going to deal with a potential Souma/Erina relationship. Guess it's been cleared up, though.

I thoroughly enjoy this show and the cooking.
Jun 10, 2020 4:43 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Like father, like daughter, I suppose in this case. Certainly wasn't expecting that in all honesty but I feel like this'll irk a bit in the future.

I'm guessing the fact that Joichirou-san's wife brought about a certain change in him (positive albeit, from his perspective) has been misunderstood by this gentleman. Just ring him up and he'll clear everything...

Anyway, about time for Erina to find out too. I can't wait to see what'll transpire as a result of this, now. Nakiri Azami marrying into the family is definitely a surprise though. But good lord, he just creeps the fudge out of me lol.

A good conclusion to the battle the 1st and Soma too. He'd no chance in hell to beating him but it's good to see that he at least managed to put up an impressive fight. Commentating from the three girls were great as well.

All in all, it's been a slightly lackluster second half in all honesty. Concept of it isn't too bad but execution of it isn't exactly impressive. But hey, it's a Shounen show and, if it nails that feeling and excitement, I'm totally in xD.

First half with the battle with the former 8 was entertaining and I much preferred that in all honesty. But then again, the 2nd half was pretty much buildup for what's to come next so hopefully that'll deliver.

Animation Quality seems pretty identical to Season 2's so no issues with that either. Sound Department, on the other hand, is strong as ever. My favorite OST of the lot being Naikiri Erina's theme. I'd been hearing this from like two weeks back and it's still honey to my ears.

Going to settle with a solid 8/10 here.

Edit: Had the pleasure of rewatching this and I’ve to admit that the second half definitely felt lackluster once again. In particular, Eizan’s matchup with Soma...
_MushiRock11_Jun 23, 2020 11:53 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 29, 2020 12:05 PM
Jun 2020
The ending killed it. Finaly Erina knows the truth.
Jul 4, 2020 10:31 PM
Feb 2020
Honestly this season is forcing me to change my scores for the whole show. Had the first two seasons at 7 but I’m changing them to an 8 and after this “mid season finale” styled episode this season is a solid 9 for me. Loving it.
Oct 10, 2020 4:22 PM

Mar 2010
Ah idk why everyone is so fixated on soumas dad . I don't see anything special about him, not enough info or I just feel like they are just throwing his name around.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 19, 2020 4:11 AM

May 2016
It was kind of a relief that Tsukasa didn't go through with having Souma join Central when he realized that he might be more of a liability to the organization thanks to his unbending will and eccentric creativity as a chef. Now that he's seen as a considerable threat along with the other first-years, it looks like the Great Revolution would be a tougher fight to win than Azami thinks.

It's a shame that Mito and Megumi's Shokugekis in addition to Marui's were all glossed over. It would've been nice to see more of it but I can see why they rushed through it. Erina finding out about Joichiro being Souma's dad was an awesome cliffhanger to end this season's first half after all~

I would've liked this season more if it weren't for how ridiculous the whole Central thing is but it's decent.

Dec 27, 2020 4:33 PM

Jul 2020
okay that was I was waiting for, the reveal of Souma's father
Mar 7, 2021 11:32 PM

Dec 2012
Shinomiya.
Soma sees Erina?
Chestnuts?
A charcoal grill?
Soma knew they were there.
Erina oppai.
Dat dress break.
Dat Erina body.
Harmony.
Tsukasa won.
Soma is a wild card.
A few days later.
Megumi and Nikumi.
They won.
Ryoko.
Azami at the door.
Fumio dropping that "Nakamura" on Azami like he ain't shit.
Former dorm member?
3rd seat in his 1st year and 1st seat the next.
Oh snap! Soma called him Nakamura.
Azami looked up to Joichiro?

The ED theme playing during the reveal was so perfect. Best ending.

Original watch date: 3/2020
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 13, 2021 5:16 AM

Jul 2017
Final episode of the season was a good one, with a nice little reveal to Erina, as she finally finds out that the chef she spent months cursing and rejecting, was the son of the chef she idolized, same goes for Azami too. Definitely serves as a good enough cliffhanger for the next cour.

Overall, this season's hard to judge, but I'd probably go with a 5/10. I enjoyed the Moon Festival arc a lot and its one of my favorite Shokugeki no Soma arcs out there (that arc would be an 8/10 alone), although the Stagiaire arc and the first season arcs are mainly better. The flow of goodness definitely got interrupted when Azami and Central decided to be a thing and overall, I enjoyed some of the episodes (Soma vs Eishi in particular) and the effort actually put in the storyline but the actual motives of Central still were painfully poor in its writing, and some of what made Shokugeki no Soma special in the first place, felt a bit too much in the background sadly.

And also the visuals, a more obvious downgrade compared to how the second season downgraded from the first. Way too many panned shots, drawings generally looked a lot cheaper and budget (which I don't mind, but is disappointing considering the same studio and director were working on all seasons).
Aug 24, 2021 11:41 PM
Aug 2021
Why the hell is everyone connected to Yukihira Soma's father?!?!?
Oct 22, 2021 8:04 PM

Sep 2015
Not surprising and pridictable that Soma would be the one to lose, but Tsukasa would change his mind about him joining in
anyway after knowing his capabilities.

The new director is just straight up creepy.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Nov 7, 2021 2:45 AM

Oct 2011
AhriTheS3xyFox said:
Not surprising and pridictable that Soma would be the one to lose, but Tsukasa would change his mind about him joining in anyway after knowing his capabilities.

Exactly. It would be stupid and inconsistent with the prior story development if Soma just beat Tsukasa and I just couldn't see the anime continuing with Soma being a member of Central. So this was really the only way it could've gone.
Dec 30, 2021 4:01 PM

Jun 2020
shounen dads jus a diff breed
May 7, 2023 10:27 AM
Jan 2021
What a plot twist!!!
May 23, 2023 12:33 PM

Jan 2021
And the truth comes out at last...
Jul 12, 2023 10:41 AM
Feb 2023
something out of this world
Jul 16, 2023 8:08 AM

Dec 2022
Great final episode!
Nov 10, 2023 8:14 PM
Oct 2023
My favorite shokugeki no souma episode, just because of the ending.
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM
Jan 2018
this series is strictly ok for me! It's more good than bad, but there are enough points throughout this series where I feel board or underwhelmed for it to take away from the impact of the hyped scenes.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.