Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 12, 2017 10:17 PM

Jan 2016
I liked how Alice confronted Azami, this will give more confidence to Erina :P

Man, defeating Eizan was a thing but Tsukasa... Souma, I like your unexpected tricks but this time you made a poor decision xD
THANKS SENPIEX
Dec 12, 2017 11:23 PM
Nov 2016
I like Tsukasa even though he is a member of Central. Both him and Rindo seem to actually be nice.

Let's wait for the outcome of this match.
Dec 12, 2017 11:26 PM
Oct 2011
holiday498 said:
joe_g7 said:
Central's goal is not only dumb, but also selfish and close-minded. What's the point of closing up basically every shop in the country for more gourmet restaurants, if there won't be people that will be able to afford the fancy food they make? Looks like Central cooks for themselves.

I'm so glad other people realise how stupid it is, I was just about to write this argument haha. No way they would make prices affordable for "commoners", so their bussiness would crash and burn very quickly.

I think is a bad idea too, but not impossible.

They might just want that all the regular restaurants close, but they can't deny people the right to cook their own food, or even packaged food can be allowed, as long as it is not a "restaurant" the one that is making the food on the go.
Dec 13, 2017 12:01 AM
Oct 2007
For a moment there, I thought we will get to see the result of the match in this episode.

Central goal sounds ridiculous to me. They should be aiming to shut down restaurant that aimed to serve good food at premium price. A quick example, it should be aiming to shut down all the one and 2 stars Michelin restaurants while replacing them with their army's 3 stars standard. Why are they aiming places that serve food that is intended to the masses, at a lower price?

Anyway, for story progression, I just can't see how Yukihira is going to win this battle.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2017 12:42 AM

Jun 2008
I am confused.

When Azami first arrived, didn't he say that commoners weren't worthy of fine cuisine and should eat only "animal feed"? Now, we find out Central's goal is to eradicate all Japanese dining establishments besides the fine cuisine ones they deem worthy. Why not leave all places open to let the commoners eat their "animal feed" instead of leaving the risk of them barging into the fancy restaurants? Because, if he doesn't want commoners to eat with the "elite" and not want to allow any regular restaurants stay open, what other options are there? Force commoners to cook their own food for eternity? Nothing changes, besides people will lose convenience and several will lose jobs. People have to eat regardless of where it came from. Not only is this all counterproductive, but is destroying the Japanese economy in the process. Why not save the trouble and the economy, and let people just do what they always do?

I haven't read the manga yet so I can't speak definitively, but it feels like they author tried to force out a large scale conflict involving food and this was the best he could think of. I am fine with anime antics and try not to overanalyze everything. Shoot, this has clothes exploding and craziness constantly...and I love every bit of it. But, this feels poorly thought out and out of place.
Dec 13, 2017 12:55 AM

Dec 2013
I honestly didn’t expect Souma to accept the challenge, and for them to do it right there and then! Super excited to see what he’ll cook next week. Eishi made a mistake by telling him that all restaurants will be closed down, he fired up Souma haha
Dec 13, 2017 1:27 AM
Sep 2015
Excluding Centrals dumb ass end goal this was the best episode of the season IMO. Shit has me hyped for next week.
Dec 13, 2017 1:34 AM
Oct 2017
got to see erina and hisako in their undies...😍
Dec 13, 2017 2:47 AM

Sep 2016
I'm guessing that Yukihira will lose this match because it's not an official shokugeki. It's okay because he doesn't really lose in this case since he's so OP and full of shit.

Anyway, Azami's vision is not economically viable if he expects only gourmet restaurants to exist in Japan. Not every commoner can afford that. And fast food franschises chased out of Japan? Good luck with the government.
TheSmilingShoujoDec 13, 2017 8:56 AM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Dec 13, 2017 2:48 AM
Dec 2016
Tsukasa is really a great character. Plus this episode showed one of my favourite moments from the manga, the other students really got to see that Soma isn't a normal student. Plus that little Shinomiya was nice to see.
Dec 13, 2017 3:36 AM

Dec 2015
Kore wa... NANII?? Totally did not expect this to happen at all, at most I was looking forward to a build up towards Regional RS' shokugeki.

It was pretty clear that Souma would battle the 1st seat but this seems too sudden and it really made the pacing for the ep really weird. I'm still guessing this'll be a practice round for the real thing; Rindou is defs going to jump in for the next ep.
~
Dec 13, 2017 4:25 AM

Jan 2017
DatRandomDude said:
Central's goal is fuckin retarded

also, seems like next week is the last episode of this season.

what. no. how. don't say stuff like that T-T
theres no total episodes on the episode count

T-T T-T
Dec 13, 2017 4:51 AM

May 2016
What the fuck is that stupid goal are you kidding me, the wasted 20 precious minutes just for this.

They completed last week episode scene on here and a classroom I mean couldn't at least put another place into it, it would have been much better without that stupid fanservice they gave, that's really mediocre and amateurish.
tambi33 said:

there are no total episodes on the episode count

T-T T-T
Nah don't worry it has been confirmed by the Japanese channel it will be 24 ep It has been leaked before the first episode aired and if it was the last episode they won't put that Shokugeki's in the opening song.
RaizelDec 13, 2017 4:55 AM
Dec 13, 2017 5:04 AM
Sep 2015
as someone who has read all of what is out of the manga, central's goal always confused me. so when it comes to food, you either eat world class gourmet or you don't eat at all? a lot of the restaurants they plan on shutting down aren't meant to be gourmet. it's just meant to be a pretty decent and affordable bite to eat. food has more purpose than just tasting good, it's energy. some people eat what they do because it's what they can afford, some people eat what they do for health reasons (whether it's a condition that affects their diet or a commitment to exercise), and some people just don't care what they eat and as long as it's cheap, doesn't taste offensively bad, and keeps them moving.
Dec 13, 2017 5:27 AM

Jan 2011
It's a competitive cooking manga. If the goal of the villians wasn't something ridiculous I'd be disappoint.
Dec 13, 2017 5:29 AM
Jun 2017
While watching the first half of the episode,:
Eishi (Elite 10/ Central 1st seat) and Soma collaboration is AWESOME GREAT!!!

but the real surprise here is the Fight between Soma and Eishi.. ohh im wondering what will happen next. cant wait for next episode...
FouAlterDec 13, 2017 5:40 AM
Dec 13, 2017 6:20 AM
Jan 2016
Nice Alice!! I love straightforward and brave girl! And I'm sorry Tsukasa, do you want to make Yukihira an antagonist of this show by offering him a position in Central? Hahaha just kidding, it's a silly offer though...
Dec 13, 2017 6:32 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Raizel said:
What the fuck is that stupid goal are you kidding me, the wasted 20 precious minutes just for this.

They completed last week episode scene on here and a classroom I mean couldn't at least put another place into it, it would have been much better without that stupid fanservice they gave, that's really mediocre and amateurish.
tambi33 said:

there are no total episodes on the episode count

T-T T-T
Nah don't worry it has been confirmed by the Japanese channel it will be 24 ep It has been leaked before the first episode aired and if it was the last episode they won't put that Shokugeki's in the opening song.

No they never confirmed that, its an unofficial source that confirmed that because of a chinese streaming channel putting the episode count at 24 episodes but they (the source and the chinese streaming platform) recently retracted that and Tokyo MX seemed like to say that episode 12 was the last episode.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/7je0yy/food_wars_season_3_will_actually_be12_episodes/
The source who brought up the 24 episode count : https://twitter.com/LiveChart_me/status/940691195176484864
DatRandomDudeDec 13, 2017 6:35 AM
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 13, 2017 6:34 AM
Dec 2015
Why could alice not have just called erina they each should have at least had a house phone. Also who was supposed to be the judges for this shokogeki they would have to know erina and the others are there. if central's plan goes through the no one would be able to afford to eat out and have to cook for themselves.
BlueEclispeDec 13, 2017 6:56 AM
Dec 13, 2017 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
For all the talking about that one scene which I know is important to most let me point out the similar situation in season 1 when people were complaining about the 2 ep (17-18) where Soma goes to air out the restaurant. They did not follow exactly the time line. I did not read the Manga but I think I remember people complaining that that part was not illustrated and then poof there it was.

So lets be patient there are 24 Episode to this season at least that is what everyone thinks and says.

As far as this episode goes " Way to go Alice !!! " you tell that doosh bag. but I have to give it to the animators and writers; If we hate Azami as much as we do they did a good job at making us hate him. I as well was very surprised that the Shokugeki with soma. Can he win I doubt it but at least he is being noticed by the elite ten as a formidable opponent .

Like some one else said This is an un official Shokugeki. Also my guess is that with that flash card of Erina at the end of the episode I think peoples speculation that she will be judging the shokugeki and that is also why Megumi showed up we now have 3 judges.

Those are what I believe... I also believe in reindeer that fly... LOL

Dec 13, 2017 7:14 AM

Aug 2013
I'm looking forward to the shokugeki between Souma and Tsukasa and their dishes though as most people here said, I can't see Souma winning this match.

Dec 13, 2017 7:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
To think that Azami himself would show up though. Little Alice was so cute and if it wasn't for Azami then her relationship with Erina would have been better. Its nice to see Erina worry about Alice. Nice to see Alice is determined to oppose Azami. But Alice's frank attitude that she takes when addressing Erina sure was funny. Looks like Erina's starting to find her own path. Funny seeing Erina and Hisako eavesdrop though. Eishi's challenge sure came out of nowhere. As expected of the first seat his skills are truly amazing. Centrals goal is total domination of the gourmet world by only allowing restaurants that are up to their standards to exist eh. Well Yukihira finally gained another strong reason to fight against Central then.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2017 7:25 AM

Dec 2009
Yeah as everyone has said, I really don't see Souma winning the match.
Actually, possibly the only way he can get out of joining Central is losing so badly that Tsukasa says "i dont need you as my right hand man anymore" and leaving the room .. i have no idea why but i can just imagine that happen... good way to pump Souma up for the last boss fight that's sure to happen in an official Shokugeki next time :"O But of course, I really hope Souma wins or at least manages to tie with Tsukasa (1% chance maybe)

I bet Tsukasa already knows Erina is eavesdropping outside and she'll judge their food because of her tongue and all O.O

Anyway I really enjoyed this episode! Tsukasa and Souma have really good synergy actually... if not for this drama it'd be fun to watch them cook together again someday. xD
Dec 13, 2017 11:53 AM

Mar 2014
Lol Alice is lowkey Stan, "Dear Slim, I wrote you, but you still ain't callin"

great episode can't wait for the shokugeki
Dec 13, 2017 12:14 PM

Apr 2012
What is this central goal they're trying to pursue lmao, anyway I think it's a bit weird, already facing the N*1 seat from central and the whole manga. Feels like it's rushed, but I guess we'll see what happens, might get cancel or something else
Dec 13, 2017 12:25 PM
Aug 2009
Why is no one questioning, that Tsukasa 1st place ist worthless at the current moment?
Even if Soma would win, Azami would kick him out the next moment, like the other 3's before...
Dec 13, 2017 1:28 PM

Jun 2016
Thread cleaned, please tag spoilers!
Dec 13, 2017 1:50 PM

Mar 2016
I loved Souma's fury in the end. I'm rooting for Souma all the way, even if the odds doesn't really look good. Go Team Yukihira!!!
Dec 13, 2017 2:34 PM
Oct 2017
This anime sure went full retard on its plot line and Azami is such a brain-dead cuck.

Do these people even realise that eating is firstly a necessity?
Dec 13, 2017 7:31 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Great episode. Loved seeing more of Alice in general, I think she's underutilized as a character.
Was very sad to see her as a child being so disappointed. Azami really ruined the relationship Alice and Erina had. But hopefully their hatred of Azami and the desire to take him down will forge an even stronger friendship. Seeing Alice basically telling him to go screw himself was really gratifying.

Can't believe Soma accepted the challenge. But there has to be a catch to it, because I don't see Soma winning, but I don't see him joining Central either.

Central's end game is really stupid, but gives Soma great motivation to win though.

Also yay for fanservice! Hisako's panties were especially cute.
Dec 13, 2017 7:54 PM
Oct 2017
I knew Erina's father was crazy but shutting down all restaurants that don't serve gourmet food, that is crossing the line. I don't know how he is supposed to accomplish this, but Totsuki Academy is a prominent Culinary High School which held a lot of sway even before he took control of it. Dang it! I am really hating the members Elite Student Council who thought that Azami Nakiri's vision for the future was a good idea. Yukihira show them how you can make causal dining fare the best food they ever had!
Dec 13, 2017 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
Oh boy, that "destroyed in seconds" by Alice was such an epic moment xD Glad that Erina witnessed it. I wonder if she knows that her father destroyed all the letters that Alice sent her.
That ending...well, i for sure didn't expect it. Like, i don't think that he can win but if he does it would be such a big plot twist that i don't even know how this would evolve after xD
I'm really looking forward to the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 13, 2017 10:47 PM
Jul 2015
So... their goal is to shut down ALL of the restaurants in Japan? All of them? Really? This is what happens when your main villain failed basic economics in high school. He just keeps getting more and more stupid. And when the fuck is erina going to find out who souma is?! The show still holds up for me. Even with them trying to stretch shit way to far. But damn man.
Dec 14, 2017 4:05 AM

Apr 2012
Jagh said:
And when the fuck is erina going to find out who souma is?! The show still holds up for me. Even with them trying to stretch shit way to far. But damn man.

The way I see it it may be coming in the next 1-3 episodes it depends on how much they draw out the shokugeki with Soma. Erina with that last seen in this episodes has a foodgazem and I like to think its when she tastes Yukihira's dish. Thus adding tension to the fact that she does not want to tell him that his food is good. Once that our trio has the privilege to judge the dishes Azami will take notice of Soma even more thus going to Polar Star when he has a chat with Soma and there you go. That is the magic moment everyone is talking about.

Now this is how I would do the revile with the way the story unfolded right now. Will this turn out this way I doubt it but it's nice to think it could go that way .

Dec 14, 2017 4:42 AM
Oct 2017
i really liked more when she stood against her uncle
i thought someone will stop soma before accepting the challenge, winning against the first seat it's not easy. i hope he doesn't lose
Dec 14, 2017 5:04 AM

Jan 2016
One question
Dec 14, 2017 10:15 PM
Jun 2017
Did they just use a flashback within a flashback?
Dec 15, 2017 12:19 AM
Oct 2015
Tsukasa is so passive and calm yet at the same time he can be aggressive,
Heckle was here...
Dec 15, 2017 2:10 AM

Mar 2011
I love Alice! she really cares for Erina. ♥
Dec 15, 2017 7:37 AM

Dec 2012
So who's gonna judge their food lmao

Dec 15, 2017 11:16 AM

Oct 2015
the hype is real. so intense.
Dec 15, 2017 12:41 PM

Jun 2016
Favorite Episode so far.
Dec 15, 2017 1:15 PM

Nov 2014
I can't believe J.C Staff covered this chapter already. Its a butchery. 1 More episode left and they still haven't gotten to the cliffhanger S3 should be getting.
Dec 16, 2017 6:36 AM

Jun 2012
I'm leaning on that Yukihira shokugeki will be interrupted... Him winning is to soon cause there are still central lackeys to beat in shokugekis and him losing, turning into an assistant doesn't seem a good choice for the story.
They'll have their showdown, taste the food... 1º seat thinks that he underestimated Yukihira. Yukihira thinks that he still isn't at a level to battle 1ºseat. Shokugeki interrupted and season ends in cliff-hanger with showing the "secret" that people are asking about why it still wansn't animated.
Dec 16, 2017 6:54 AM

Nov 2013
I'm sorry to say but the idea at the end is just so retarded. How is that realistic?

What about customer needs? Especially in Japanese society where eating is mostly done quickly, on-the-go (except for kaiseki and fancy tea ceremonies) this is such an unrealistic strategy. What about customer segments that simply won't be interested or cannot afford gourmet food for every single meal of the day. How would all these new fine dining places even survive? Plus we are talking about a cooking school. How would they ever have the power to execute such a large-scale, nationwide project?...Just a few of my questions.

I know it's an anime and it doesn't have to be 100% realistic but guys, please set the limit somewhere (higher).

I understand they want to raise the stakes and take the show to the next level but this is just stupid.
Dec 16, 2017 1:04 PM

Apr 2013
Holy crap, on the one hand i'm thinking Yukihira cannot possibly win against the first seat, as he has just not quite developed that far yet. But on the other hand, i think that surely he must not join central, that evil organization. Unless he does anyway, and winds up undermining it from within. Great episode, can't wait for the next one, thankfully it's not a long wait.
Dec 17, 2017 9:53 AM

May 2015
BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!BOOBS!PANTSU!

Also there is Yukihira

Also I ship deer+first seat.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 17, 2017 2:37 PM
Mar 2017
I dont think souma defeats him
Dec 17, 2017 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
This is going to be difficult, but I hope Souma can defeat Tsukasa >>;

Central is destroying the future! Azami shouldn't judge the food like that :( Not everyone is into gourmet food, and the price doesn't come cheap either. Not cool!

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Dec 19, 2017 3:39 PM

Jul 2012
There’s no way Souma wins this, but it’s hard to see him losing and joining Central too. There will probably be some kind of twist, but I have no idea what will happen. This is exciting!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2017

147 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 24, 6:29 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.