Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 19, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mm, I had no idea Erica was friends with a butler.

This episode was amusing as it continues to explore ideas about anime and its norms. It felt like one of those episode that tries to inform about anime in general through telling this time rather than showing.
Stark700Nov 19, 2017 7:25 AM
Nov 19, 2017 6:05 AM

Apr 2010
The president is a pretty sad person i pity her.

Anyway it seems they where doing well with the anime till the president interfered with it.
Tho that makes me wonder how much influence she has within the school, it seems like a lot of she can just shut down clubs without notice.
Nov 19, 2017 7:18 AM

Dec 2014
So the anime Minoa watched as a kid, was probably a short done by the old club's members. Makes sense, since they are mostly old anime mixed in together.
It's good they are doing something original for the school festival; usually it's haunted houses and cafes..
Nov 19, 2017 7:34 AM

Apr 2016
And we are back in school, and back with the student council trying to shut down the anime club.
Nov 19, 2017 7:40 AM

Nov 2008
That was probably the least boring episode so far. I'm even slightly interested in what'll happen next week, so that's a big improvement.
Nov 19, 2017 8:05 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty boring episode because of the student council president trying to shut down the anime club again. She is really annoying. The club was doing so well making their anime, until she forced the other clubs to stop working with them.
Nov 19, 2017 8:52 AM
Feb 2012
This was way too much on the seitokai side... Not even funny anymore it just made me feel bad.
Worst episode so far, just kill off that bitch if you really want to give us plot twists.
Nov 19, 2017 8:56 AM

Feb 2013
The ending annoyed me a lot, what is her problem with anime.
Nov 19, 2017 9:04 AM

Jan 2014
I kind of want to see their animation short just to see how good/bad it really is.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 19, 2017 9:29 AM

Sep 2013
Making a short anime for the festival, it's mostly alot of work not necessarily hard work.
Idol guy knows something and the student council president goes bad guy mode.
Nov 19, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2017
At least Rie Takahashi can still do her funny e..explosions in this episode

Megumin is the best!
P/S: btw, i think this anime is good if you can get their references
THCTAddinsNov 19, 2017 10:52 AM
Nov 19, 2017 10:50 AM

Sep 2015
Anime-gataris Episode 7 Impressions:

This is a good episode of Anime-gataris. Yet again, Tsubaki is forcing the anime club to contribute by participating in the School Festival. Although the other club members have given suggestions like making a concert and making a doujin (Which I would want personally), thanks to Minoa’s obliviousness, the club has decided unanimously to create an actual anime short together. I love Minoa so much, her obliviousness helps the club push to new heights. The club’s explanation of how anime shorts are produced is cool to know about, although personally, I do not care much for short anime aside from Teekyu, haha!

The club begun its anime production with Miko creating the script. Knowing that Miko is capable to create a passionately made script is pretty cool. I feel bad that her script is getting drastically changed because of the creative differences the club members have that stress her so much. By the 50-ish script meeting, no progress was actually made and Miko finally cracked, which was pretty funny. As the production for the club short progresses, I also get to see that Kouki is a real expert on sound production and voice-acting. Considering he is a fan of idols, I am not that surprised that he would have such skills. This episode showcases what everyone is capable of in a pretty fun way, even if their actual effort in production is kind of half-assed.

Those segments of the episodes of the club tackling anime productions were good, but the most interesting parts of the episode is when Anime-gataris finally focuses on what is going behind the anime club’s closet. To my surprise, what was found were image boards of an anime that Minoa watched as a child. This influenced the club to create original ideas for their short. I speculate that the anime Minoa saw was an actual short that the previous Anime Club members created. The father of Minoa likely has joined the anime club, and he likely showed his child that short he made long ago. It makes a lot a sense when you consider the strange reaction Minoa’s dad makes when Minoa asked about casting voice roles for the Anime Club short. I believe that Tsubaki, Minoa’s dad, and Gomon all have some connection to the foreshadowed apocalypse somehow.

Just what is going to happen? Things are going pretty bad as the episode ends. Tsubaki is forcing other clubs to not participate with the anime club, drafting for storyboards are looking bad, and the actual animation is crappy. Minoa herself does not seem to be managing the overall production of the short well. Will Minoa be able to have confidence in herself to finish the actual anime short production? I am looking forward for next week.
Nov 19, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2014
Apparently I watch too much shitty shorts.

Strange Minoa didn't make a bigger deal out of finally finding some clues. She saw it on TV though, and it seems unlikely to make it to broadcast, so maybe her dad was involved in the old club.
Sieg Zeon!
Nov 19, 2017 11:44 AM
Jul 2018
When the fuck the world of the world will start??? 7 episodes and still nothing.
Nov 19, 2017 12:35 PM

Oct 2007
I love this series, but this episode left a bad taste in my mouth. The student council seriously need to fuck off and let their students enjoy being fucking teenagers.
Nov 19, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2012
Seriousl, what is her damage? Why she hold so much grudge against this poor club? Im kinda reminded of those movies fromlate 80's, where leader also act like someone from rival club killed their dog :)
Nov 19, 2017 12:59 PM

Mar 2008
This episode is epic af if you understand every one of the parodies. ROFL
Nov 19, 2017 4:28 PM
⚧ | 愛と平和

Oct 2010
Regarding this episode specifically, I don't really have much comment. About the anime as a whole, it's really getting on my nerves. The attempts to explain the making of anime, the anime industry, etc., really comes across to me as proselytizing (such as this episode extolling the virtues of anime shorts), and even at some points shaming. It first felt that way in ep 3 when they were talking about how bad dropping anime after the 3rd ep is. Like they were implying that only a barbarian who eats babies and kittens would drop an anime without watching it to the end.

Since then, I dunno. Maybe I'm seeing them cast judgment when they're not, but it feels like they've really been going on about how much anime fans should appreciate the people who make anime. Like we should kiss their feet in appreciation when they put out even shitty anime. Is this some kind of morality play?

This isn't the only anime this season that I've gotten that vibe from, though. Episode 6 of Imouto sae Ireba Ii also felt the same way. (See my comment on that for more.)

Am I being overly sensitive to it and picking up undertones that don't exist? Maybe. I'm curious what others think. Do you see it too? Am I reading too much into it?
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
“The right to think is the beginning of freedom, and speech must be protected
from the government because speech is the beginning of thought.”
  — Ashcroft v.Free Speech Coalition,
✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣ ✣
Nov 19, 2017 5:48 PM

Jan 2011
Now I'm interest in that idol zoo spinoff.
Nov 19, 2017 6:40 PM

May 2010
Fuck off student council, you're making this show shit again.
Nov 19, 2017 7:47 PM

Jul 2015
That voice acting was glorious. And making anime is hard.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Nov 19, 2017 11:40 PM

Dec 2015
The student council president ruined the entire anime for me, but other than the shittiest student council president this episode was alright
hi
Nov 20, 2017 4:38 AM
Jun 2017
That student council president sure has a bad blood between the anime club... anyway i like the episode as it shows how an anime is being produced. Looking for the next week episode...
Nov 20, 2017 4:42 AM

Jan 2013
The student council is turning to pity bullies. At least those two members have shown concern when the president ordered to threat other clubs to cease work with the anime club and realizing they're going too far.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Nov 20, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 2011
The was f*cking low of the student council. That was deliberate interference with club activities. And the other clubs are just shutting up about it. The anime club where doing well. Making anime shorts isn't easy to do.

I hope the student council would get karma for what they did.
Nov 20, 2017 9:04 AM

Mar 2017
>explains how anime is made
>no Shirobako reference

bullshit I tell you
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 20, 2017 9:07 AM

Nov 2008
Nov 20, 2017 10:33 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
The director probably has a thing with the track girl's legs, always gets a focus before the OP starts.

Arisu's concept was funny, because Sebas did everything. Student Council playing dirty again now I'm curious what's happening next episode.
Nov 20, 2017 11:04 AM

Sep 2016
and dropped
this is so boring
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 20, 2017 4:42 PM

Mar 2013
This episode felt pretty boring.. and that exaggerated/unnecessary conflict at the end didn't help. Only thing I'm enjoying so far are the references. Hopefully something interesting happens next episode.

Nov 20, 2017 6:14 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, creating an anime from scratch huh? Glad they went with a short, even that sounds like a lot of work :O Definitely lots to do from the script to storyboard and recording lines ... at least Yui had a real appearance this time XD I wonder why Tsubaki is being so hard on the club, well I remember she got a mysterious phone call a couple of episodes ago I guess ... hey, at least Minoa sort of knows where that anime she wanted to know about is from now :P
Nov 20, 2017 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
The student council president is bitch.
Nov 21, 2017 4:40 AM
Oct 2017
THCTAddins said:
At least Rie Takahashi can still do her funny e..explosions in this episode

Megumin is the best!
P/S: btw, i think this anime is good if you can get their references

definitely this is my highlight of the episode xD
Nov 21, 2017 5:11 AM

May 2009
Didn't expect a reference to Gi(a)rlish Number of all things, "We've won, gahaha" that was priceless Arisu xD.
Nov 21, 2017 9:49 AM

Jun 2016
Seriously getting tired of the student council president trying to shut down their club. Fuck. Off. Seriously getting tired of that problem.

The best thing about this anime, tbh, is it informs the viewers what's the process of making an anime. Ugh. Knowledge is power. Haha.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 21, 2017 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
PaulNamida said:
Didn't expect a reference to Gi(a)rlish Number of all things, "We've won, gahaha" that was priceless Arisu xD.

Some of the voice actors in Anime-gataris also voiced in Girlish Number.
Nov 21, 2017 12:28 PM

Oct 2008
Here's my only comment for this episode: Obata Yui's first try at dubbing was an instant okay and doesn't need any retake because she's the seiyuu Takahashi Rie of course!!! hahahah!!! but why did the say "BAKUHATSU" !?!? it should have been better if she said: "EXPLOOOOOSION!!!" LOLZ!
4/5.

Nov 22, 2017 11:30 PM

Apr 2015
really like the voice acting part... lol
More Megumin please...
Nov 24, 2017 5:06 AM
Mar 2012
^ i liked the Megumin & giarlish number refs. Feels like a mini-shirobako.
Idolman was such a voicing pro.
I'll treat seitokai show crasher as nonexistent...
Nov 24, 2017 6:38 PM
Nov 2015
Every time they make a fake anime reference i cringe hard

And after 7 episodes i still call the characters Bland Toshino Kyoko
Green hair Kashiwazaki Senq
Pink hair Honoka Kousaka
And big boobs Asuka Tanaka
Nov 26, 2017 1:48 AM

Dec 2009
Katta na, GAHAHA!

Katta wa ne, GAHAHA!

More haruhi-style ost...
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Nov 26, 2017 1:58 AM

May 2013
That Student Council looks like she's been possessed/brainwashed or fallen to the dark side. The eyes are a dead giveaway if you've watched a lot of anime.

I knew it Minoa's childhood anime was definitely Macross. Wait so the previous anime club made Macross?!

That Love Live Sunshine reference that Student Council President dropped though.

References this episode:
Girlish Number(Seiyuu in jokes)
Konosuba(Seiyuu in jokes)
Idolm@ster
Wake Up Girls! Zoo
Mazinger Z
Gundam Zeta
Shirobako
Love Live Sunshine
Nov 27, 2017 5:40 PM

Oct 2012
Good episode, finally they made something for themselves. But one just have to hate the school council president here, the way she is halting all the progress really makes no sense, even if she has some cosplaying trauma from the past.
Nov 29, 2017 3:18 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I enjoyed the episode and found it really entertaining watching them try to make their own anime. Can't see how so many people found it boring.

Loved how many jokes and cliches they stuffed into this one about the anime industry and making anime.

Ok, so I love tomboys, they're a gift from heaven. But I can't understand why the tomboy in this one is always perfect at everything? They always focus on her at the beginning of every episode too. Is there a joke there or something? I think she's as cute as can be, but it's starting to urk me a bit on how she's perfect at everything.

I can't believe they didn't contest the Council when they said they had to fill up the stands. How is that even fair? They're really starting to get on my nerves,
Dec 3, 2017 9:55 AM

Aug 2013
They decided to make a short anime and the student council is still getting in their way.
LeoDec 3, 2017 10:03 AM

Dec 4, 2017 7:41 PM

Jan 2008
chan-MIKO!

Anyone happen to know if that was an actual reference to anything?

The only time I've seen honorifics used like that is in Nijichou. (@1:25)

And a million points to the Megumin reference, even using the same VA.
PaulDec 7, 2017 1:22 PM
Dec 19, 2017 6:28 AM

Mar 2015
They went full meta with Takahashi Rie voicing a character imitating Megumin.

And the dad is super otaku lol, he wanted to join voice acting.

Jan 21, 2018 10:21 AM

Sep 2012
DarklordVor said:
They went full meta with Takahashi Rie voicing a character imitating Megumin.

And the dad is super otaku lol, he wanted to join voice acting.

so obvious he wanted to be voice actor for their anime lol
Jan 25, 2018 9:01 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
I didn't even notice if Erika's hair pin was also in the previous episodes but it does look like Sena Kashiwazaki's as well, both are similar in color.

Poor Miko, the moment everyone began adding changes to her script lol
How cute how they added the cat to the cake.

Feb 12, 2018 9:39 AM

May 2012
Quite interesting episode actually, really do look forward to see this little anime worked out!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

90 by waalex11 »»
Mar 25, 2023 8:22 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2017

108 by bushman66 »»
Jan 8, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2017

93 by bushman66 »»
Jan 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

71 by Muow »»
Dec 10, 2022 6:06 AM

Poll: » Animegataris Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 8, 2017

97 by Muow »»
Dec 10, 2022 5:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.