Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 24, 2017 8:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, what's with those food outfits and the power ranger gimmicks? Oh God, this episode's first half was priceless.

Kuga and Souma's rivalry was pretty noticable.

The episode was alright although I hope the pacing picks up more. They're still building more into this season and it was kinda fun seeing Megumi getting in a much more confident mood compared to before. Proud of Souma's team :D
Oct 24, 2017 9:05 AM
Mar 2017
ughhh.... I really appreciate but feels so unusual with this episode's pace.
well, still funny and manga is better for me. for ANIME-ONLY watcher, there's Hayami Sho's debut in next episodes and the amazing "dark" show will begin, so stay tune !

rate : 9/10
Oira_yukihiraOct 24, 2017 9:09 AM
Oct 24, 2017 10:11 AM

Aug 2007
4 episodes just to see the obvious: Yukihira winning his rival with the rival speciality (and making it better). As most of times, so its not sorprise.
Oct 24, 2017 10:19 AM

Oct 2014
Man, I absolutely loved this episode! Seeing Soma's plan come to fruition was great but my favorite part was the other characters coming to help out Soma. Random clubs, Mimasaka, the Aldini brothers, and Nikumi all showing up was great. As always, the animation was on point and music was fantastic. Probably one of my favorite episodes of any of the seasons thus far!
Oct 24, 2017 10:28 AM
Jan 2017
NOW the shit is gonna be REAL

THE REAL anime's story will start from the next episode and we will see events and wars in another level

too exciting to see how the studio will adapt the manga
Oct 24, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2017
Next episode , Azami appears
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2017 10:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode gave me tears upon tears of joy

Seeing all of Nikumi, Mimasaka, the Aldini's (I'm proud of how well they're doing too) and everyone else that helped come to Souma's gave me the most feels and I couldn't help but smile and get excited

This kid is truly one of my favorites MC's to ever come out of WSJ and this episode proved why he's one of the best and it is because of him that I am so proud and happy to see that he beat Kuga and his arrogant looking ass

Amazing episode and I'm also happy for Hayama and Alice too and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from Erina and the Seat Rank 1 guy's stalls now :)

P.S. Even though I love Erina and I still ship her with Souma, Megumi proved once again that she truly is best girl :'')
Oct 24, 2017 10:37 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That was fucking amazing.

So feel-good, it made me so hype. Seeing Mimasaka come in with his profiling and being the one who got the key by Souma made good sense and could be obvious but i didn't see that coming. There's some respect between these two now.

Then Nikumi comes in after she already helped Souma in the Karaage arc.

Takumi coming in to help his rival so he can stay at Totsuki so he continues to have his big reason to cook in his academy. Him acknowledging Mimasaka's skills was a nice payoff.

The lanterns looked really good, made for a nice atmosphere in this little open air restaurant.

Also the scenes after the credits were nice. Erina being visibly dere for the first time.
Oct 24, 2017 10:51 AM

Nov 2015
this arc is a little boring, from that point... Kuga is boring antagonist, hes appearence are really repetitive as well always without much more point than last one, also i can't see how he lost in sales given he should still be able to manage more ppl,
the best part gotta be Alice with our 2 boys, as Hayama smiled, Sensei should've joined them there:)
Oct 24, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode again,loved the teamwork displayed here,the feels were strong.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 24, 2017 11:07 AM
May 2017
man what an episode!! i liked yukihira's friends showed up to help and i was into tears really. episode pacing was great and so many characters in an episode and it felt so good. favourite episode so far and much more to come with that last 30 secs were good and made me think some serious shit is about to happen. also cant wait when erina will know about souma's father. although at first i wanted soma to kick that bitch's ass but now i ship them both
Oct 24, 2017 11:18 AM

Dec 2015
I'm glad that Souma finally made Kuga-senpai eat his dust, that guy was getting beyond irritating with his bravado.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 24, 2017 11:23 AM

Nov 2016
Oira_yukihira said:
ughhh.... I really appreciate but feels so unusual with this episode's pace.
well, still funny and manga is better for me. for ANIME-ONLY watcher, there's Hayami Sho's debut in next episodes and the amazing "dark" show will begin, so stay tune !

rate : 9/10

OMG Hayami Sho is the one voicing Azami?? Awesome! This is going to be epic!
Oct 24, 2017 11:24 AM

Sep 2015
Yay finally ;-; (manga reader here). Love how this got animated.
Oct 24, 2017 11:24 AM

Jan 2014
I really wanna try that bun or Curry noddles Souma makes. where can I buy it?

well now, it looks like the shit gonna be real next week.

it's like Megumi gonna be raped in this scene, lol
Oct 24, 2017 11:25 AM

Sep 2015
I am always wonder how Mimasaka don't get any trouble with police?
heck he fully stalking anyone for his perfect trace even now just walk away from Souma's house without any Souma's acquaintance report him.

Anyway soon very soon Rindou and "that man" coming.
Into the Internet!
Oct 24, 2017 11:38 AM
Apr 2014
Soma wins one thanks to his harem.
Judging from the title for next episode "darkening of the dinner table", HIS debut is happening and they picked the absolute perfect Voice actor, should be a nice change of pace from happy dubby stuff going on, Also don't skip the post credits scenes.
Oct 24, 2017 11:45 AM

Mar 2016
Another top quality episode. Next episode the real stuff will begin. Hyped asf :)
Oct 24, 2017 11:53 AM

May 2014
THAT WAS AWESOME.

Forgot how fun this series was.
I guessed it was Mimasaka from the silhouette last episode, but seeing everyone join was so much fun!

I also really enjoyed Kuga's VA.

Oct 24, 2017 12:04 PM
Mar 2016
Only one week to go, can't wait to see next weeks episode animated. I've been waiting for this for so long.

JotunheimrLoki said:
this arc is a little boring, from that point... Kuga is boring antagonist, hes appearence are really repetitive as well always without much more point than last one, also i can't see how he lost in sales given he should still be able to manage more ppl,
the best part gotta be Alice with our 2 boys, as Hayama smiled, Sensei should've joined them there:)

Hold your horses, wait until next week. The real highlight of the arc is still to come.
Oct 24, 2017 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
Good episode. Souma and his team did it. I liked how everyone helped out Souma and Megumi. It was nice to see.

Just like Nikumi once said, Tomitaya and the Don RS guy are similar.

Oct 24, 2017 12:11 PM

Sep 2013
Souma's plan finally takes off and help arrives :)
Taiwan dishes lure in tons of people who are sick of waiting.
Oct 24, 2017 12:15 PM

Apr 2017
Can someone tell me if Rindou's restaurant is El Fuego, because she always appears when they say "El Fuego"
Just say yes or no, i don´t want that much spoil xD Thank you!
Oct 24, 2017 12:27 PM
Mar 2016
Kaiser_Senpai said:
Can someone tell me if Rindou's restaurant is El Fuego, because she always appears when they say "El Fuego"
Just say yes or no, i don´t want that much spoil xD Thank you!

No, it isn't her restaurant.
Oct 24, 2017 12:27 PM

Jun 2014
I had a feeling the mystery person Souma talked to last episode was Mimasaka, and it looks like i was right. It was good to see him help out Souma after their little conflict last season, and i like how Nikumi and the Aldini brothers also chipped in. It was very satisfying to see their collective effort in beating Kuga.

Alice, Ryo, and Hayama constantly had problems but it was nice to see that they were able to bounce back using 3D printed chocolate (interesting concept). Looks like Erina set aside a table for Souma's dad, but he unfortunately (yet expectedly) didn't show up.

These goddamn manga readers keep hyping up the next arc so I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 24, 2017 12:32 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Another great episode. We finally see Soma's planning come to fruition as he adds the final touches to the items on his menu, along with seating and him getting the help from his friends to beat Kuga on the final day. It was very enjoyable to watch and now this are gonna get pretty serious from here on out and I'm excited to see it all unfold.

Can't wait for the next episode!
Oct 24, 2017 12:34 PM
Aug 2013
damnnn the moment mito came in was hypeeee im happy we got to see mito subaru and alidini brothers help souma"s ass xD we got to see the guy in the OP who seems to be ryo"s opponent, for some reason he seems to hold a grudge against him or something

new OSTs are nicee!!
NaizoOct 24, 2017 12:44 PM
Oct 24, 2017 12:36 PM

Apr 2015
All that thank to Mimasaka-kun, he's ma man.

First place, I expected that to happen. ~

4/5
Oct 24, 2017 12:43 PM

Dec 2011
I have been waiting for this episode since it happens 2 years ago.
It was an amazing adaptation and the OST was great.Glad to see Subaru, Nikumi and Aldini's brothers come to aid Souma...
Oct 24, 2017 1:18 PM

May 2016
Really epic episode the power of friendship beats all, can't wait till next episode.
Oct 24, 2017 1:21 PM

Nov 2011
Rindou just stuffing her face throughout this entire festival, lol I LOVE IT! I'm just waiting for her to be more involved this season.

Yo my girl Nikumi coming to the rescue!! So good. And the Aldini bros? Thats awesome. Loved this episode.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Oct 24, 2017 2:04 PM

Feb 2014
It's very satisfying to see Kuga's cocky smile wiped off his face when Yukihira's stall made more money on day four of the festival. =3

It was really good to see how Yukihira's stall has grown on each day. Now, with multiple bench seats and the pretty lanterns surrounding the area, it makes his stall look very impressive. Same goes to everyone who helped him and Tadokoro in making their stall popular and keeping up with the growing demand for his food.

Next episode is where a certain character will appear and the other manga readers are already hyping the next part of the arc to bits. JC Staff did a great job overall with this arc, so I hope they nail the next arc too! =D
Oct 24, 2017 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
Best episode yet. It really captures what this show is really about. And the twists were good as well.

Still, I'm kinda surprised this whole arc barely lasted 4 episodes. Excited to see what's next!
Oct 24, 2017 2:10 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah buddy! I'm glad Souma got the top sales today. But of course, Souma won't match in terms of total sales over the entire week...or will he?
Oct 24, 2017 2:18 PM
Jul 2017
Otaku4ever10 said:
NOW the shit is gonna be REAL

THE REAL anime's story will start from the next episode and we will see events and wars in another level

too exciting to see how the studio will adapt the manga

I know how u feel! It's about to get REAL in Totsuki Academy.
Oct 24, 2017 2:23 PM

Mar 2016
God this anime hyped me so much! Love it
Seeing Souma and Megumi starting to get on track is making me happy

Ugghghghgh my friend she refuse to watch it tho, so I have no real life friends to stan wilts 😔😔😖😖😩😩
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2017 2:34 PM

Jul 2013
I know Souma won thanks to the efforts of all his friends (who was a very awesome scene), but Mimasaka's role in this was the highlight for me. This guy is awesome, creepy and hilarious at the same time, I'm glad he developed into a better person respecting the previous season. I also had the feeling the previous episode the person whom Souma gave the key was him, and, well, I was right xD

Oct 24, 2017 2:38 PM

Feb 2016
There was just a feelgood factor about this episode. It was so awesome seeing some of the crew teaming up to help Souma, whilst my favorite OST was playing in the background.

Hype train rolls on!
Oct 24, 2017 3:13 PM

Dec 2013
It was nice to see everyone working together at the end. Poor Kuga lol

Based Mimasaka!
Oct 24, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2010
The are little changes in the OP.

The changed the cute/sparkly face of Hisako (right before when Souma streched out his hand to her). It was looking odd before.

When Souma walks in fire, he slightly tilts a bit to his left side, they straighten him.

'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Oct 24, 2017 3:24 PM

Aug 2013
The power of friendship prevails. Shocker. Poor Yugi.
Oct 24, 2017 4:12 PM

Oct 2017
Man, this episode remided me why I loved this series in the first place.

Really miss not having a rival in real life anymore.

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Oct 24, 2017 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty neat idea to incorporate the melting gelatinous curry ball in the meatball to resemble the moon. Quite appropriate for the Moon Banquet Festival Arc. It's also easy to see Soma has been utilizing all of his experiences shown thus far with every subsequent new dish; with the melting gelatin from the very first season's egg dish during the entrance test, to the curry spice burst of aroma he gained from the Autumn Election arc. Though all of his previous connections he's made and a bit of luck heavily contributed to his success--both essential qualities to any business. If only colleges prepared students for the real world as good as this show's fictional high school.

Even though I already ate while watching this episode and am totally full, it still makes me hungry for what they're making.
Oct 24, 2017 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
Seeing that Time Fuse Mapo Curry Noodles makes me hungry.
lol Mimasaka practicing in the Yukihira diner and then performing exactly like Souma to help his booth was funny!
Kuga may have an army of bald students, but Souma has the Autumn Election participants to back him up. Their personality and cooking talents really helps him a lot to finally beat Kuga at least once in sales.

Alright, things are finally going to get serious soon for the next episode. Very excited!

Credit to Hihanteki
Oct 24, 2017 5:01 PM

Jul 2012
That small wooden booth turned out to be such a nice-looking restaurant :)

It was great to see all the friends he's made along the way helping him out!

But it seems like Kuga is still holding off on his trump card until the very last day...
Oct 24, 2017 5:17 PM

Jan 2016
Great episode! Souma's plan was brilliant xD I really liked the role given to Mimasaka for the situation ^^ Kuga finally noticed how dangerous Souma can be :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 24, 2017 5:20 PM

Apr 2016
seeing Mimasaka use his copying technique to help Soma was really awesome! I love to see everyone working together!
Oct 24, 2017 5:47 PM

Nov 2011
Awn this episode surely put a smile on my face. Seeing all of them working together is really pleasing and seeing Kuga getting defeated is even better lol.

But poor Megumi, goes to a super famous cooking school to become a waitress...
Baby, daijobanai...
Oct 24, 2017 7:13 PM

Nov 2014
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but I'm just now noticing how often anime oversexualizes the dark-skinned girls. Nikumi is the only one with her boobs bouncing all over the place, lol. The other girls are hardly sexualized at all.
Oct 24, 2017 7:40 PM

Dec 2014
Tokoya said:
This episode gave me tears upon tears of joy

Seeing all of Nikumi, Mimasaka, the Aldini's (I'm proud of how well they're doing too) and everyone else that helped come to Souma's gave me the most feels and I couldn't help but smile and get excited

This kid is truly one of my favorites MC's to ever come out of WSJ and this episode proved why he's one of the best and it is because of him that I am so proud and happy to see that he beat Kuga and his arrogant looking ass

Amazing episode and I'm also happy for Hayama and Alice too and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes from Erina and the Seat Rank 1 guy's stalls now :)

P.S. Even though I love Erina and I still ship her with Souma, Megumi proved once again that she truly is best girl :'')

My thoughts exactly, this episode was just fantastic. The entire thing was just beautiful.
I was smiling the whole time as Soma made his comeback. Seeing the Aldini bros, Nikumi and Subaru help Soma and eventually all work together to beat Kuga made me tear up. Such a heartwarming yet really exciting episode.

Plus like you said, this episode stand as proof for why Soma is such an excellent MC.
Also, I knew that he was gonna use the long wait times for Kuga's restaurant to his advantage.
I also love the part where he just straight out challenges Kuga saying he's been serving customers for 10 years more than him. xD

Rindou's smile makes me wonder if she predicted this might happen.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.