Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 26, 2017 7:29 PM
Dec 2016
Mimasaka using his imitation on Soma was hilarious and creepy at the same time. I feel bad for the girls who showed up at the diner thinking Soma came back, one to see a massive creepy dude acting all weird.
Oct 26, 2017 9:28 PM

Jun 2013
when everyone came to help Souma that felt so good
Oct 27, 2017 1:38 AM

Jul 2015
Amazing episode, and winner of the best use of "the power of friendship" in the history of ever!! wasn't melodramatic yet gave chills and a well deserved smille.

This show really lnow how to do things.
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete!
Obsolete!!
Oct 27, 2017 2:13 AM
Oct 2015
Aye, Souma finally beat Kuga in sales, but then again there's still day 5
Heckle was here...
Oct 27, 2017 7:41 AM
Mar 2016
Omnisword said:
jomarggg said:

Also im starting to notice is that Soumas main weapon against anyone is his 10 years experience at his fathers restaurant and every other student he faces have little to no experience at restaurants i mean this kids are from family's that owns huge well known restaurant and it just happens that annoying cocky ass Souma is the only one with experience

That exactly the source of his fruit.
Real life experience always shaped someone better than book and pen.
Also despite has read this manga this episode remind me again how terrific Megumi skill in term to "serve customers".

My it annoys me that most if not all of Soumas enemy dosent have little to no experience yet these student students are sons and daughters of restaurant owning family so they to should have experience in the kitchen if they didnt then they wouldnt be at Totsuki Academy
Oct 27, 2017 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
jomarggg said:

My it annoys me that most if not all of Soumas enemy dosent have little to no experience yet these student students are sons and daughters of restaurant owning family so they to should have experience in the kitchen if they didnt then they wouldnt be at Totsuki Academy

There's a big difference in the type of restaurant. As shown in the beginning, people looked down on Soma for being from a diner, a comparatively low-tier restaurant where he was actively engaged in customer service and cooking and interacting with customers. In contrast, people from prestigious and wealthy families with high-establishment restaurants generally aren't part of the staff. They may be personally trained by hired elite tutors, and excel at an academic level regarding cooking knowledge, but that's different than having that much real-life experience working daily with customers.
Oct 27, 2017 7:12 PM
Feb 2017
100/10 best anime, waiting anxiously for the next episode.
Oct 27, 2017 9:09 PM

Feb 2017
I'm not sure whether i should count this as convenient plot armor saving Soma at the end of the day or whatever but still good episode :)
Oct 27, 2017 10:58 PM

Nov 2014
This was an amazing payoff episode! It was also so nice to see Alice's booth doing well in the end. I'm quite impressed by the new VA for Erina, I actually didn't notice the change.

It's such a shame the animation is horribly spotty. The constantly reused scenes are especially jarring. This manga deserves a higher quality adaptation. I can't imagine putting away money for BD release even if I win the lottery.
TiemuuuOct 27, 2017 11:01 PM
Oct 28, 2017 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
another exciting episode, just love how Takumi gets ignored by Souma every time :'D truly, this anime is so delightful, it gives you loads of positive emotions
Oct 28, 2017 8:08 PM

Jan 2014
Well yeah of course he got #1, he's MC lol

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 29, 2017 8:36 AM

May 2015
Yea, sure. just more yukuhira.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Oct 29, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2014
Souma so lucky having everyone help out, was good to see Kuga wrecked too :D
Oh boy it's time for that guy to show up! Looking forward to the next episode!!
Oct 30, 2017 3:55 AM

Apr 2012
I have to say that I loved the fact that a team came together in the end but if this were R/l which I know it is not. The Don booth was on the verge of getting the first spot for that same day or at least be in the top 5. then you have the Aldini brother who won the first day not sure how they did with the rest of the days but to have them show up as well. I seems a little like over the top for having help.

Not that it did not make me feel great and have and really love the episode.

Oct 30, 2017 2:11 PM

Dec 2016
It's such a nice feeling when a teamwork gets increased and everyone helps <3

Seeing Kuga getting defeated by Souma was very well deserved for being such a jackass to a fellow competitor! :/ Nobody should make fun of anyone! He looked very pissed off just for being second place XD
PurpleGirl203Oct 30, 2017 2:18 PM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 1, 2017 5:35 PM

Feb 2015
Best episode of the season so far in my opinion. The characters all tied together, and the 2nd half especially has got me genuinely caring about this anime again.

Aside from obvious positive comments, it is weird that the Aldinis wanted to help Yukihira. I know there's that rivalry, but they have their own stall to think about. Also that 3D printer thing is awesome but chocolate on a curry dish sounds HORRIBLE. Never tried it though!

Let's hope that white-haired guy and red-haired girl from the elite come into more relevence when Kuga inevitably looses his way (not sure if Souma will get his seat though).

I really don't like this Kuga guy because he has so many workers that nothing his stall produces seems impressive.
Nov 2, 2017 7:55 PM

Dec 2012
Really feel like waiting until it's done to binge watch this series.
And this episode is so touching!!! 10/10

Nov 3, 2017 5:46 AM

Jul 2016
I called it Mimasaka got the key lul! not that it was hard to tell... he's the only one in this anime that has the hands of a giant 0_0
Nov 4, 2017 3:51 AM
Jan 2016
I tried waiting for all the episodes to come out in order to binge watch them all but i just could not resist!!

this episode was so legit so heartwarming and just made me squeal all episode long with a big fat smile on my face
i love how Nikumi, Mimasaka and the Aldini's came to help out of their bonds with souma and they just made the best team without even practicing
speaking of team, i'm so happy alice, ryou and hayama at the end finally came up with something to prove themselves (not that they need to) but that chocolate garnish on top of the curry absolutely just screamed out their respective cooking styles, glad it worked so well together

this episode just made my day:)
Nov 6, 2017 3:38 PM

Oct 2012
Cooperation greatness, I really enjoyed this episode!

Also, is Yukihira's father coming back the next time as hinted?
Nov 8, 2017 11:24 PM

Mar 2009
Best girl Nikumi to the rescue!

Great fucking episode. It was so cool how everyone showed up to help him.
Nov 10, 2017 2:38 PM

Jan 2013
Too bad the challenge wasn't just to beat him one day. Too late to catch up fully
Nov 14, 2017 5:15 PM

Jul 2009
Hmm, I feel like the more I watch this show the less interested I am in Souma's plot. IMO it was kind of lame how people came in to help Souma, like I get Subaru since he isn't participating, but even though I love Takumi and Nikumi as characters, it'd be better for me if they didn't help him. Since IDK, the "restaurant" thing is kind of cheesy but the point of it is for him to beat Kuga and not everyone else ... >_< I also don't see how they could have beat Kuga in sales since they have a smaller area AND for sure a slower production rate compared to him, and also they didn't get that many customers until midway through the day. Just too unrealistic to me ... I guess this is the point where it becomes too much shounen for me lol XD Apart from that, I love to see the Alice trio (Ryou looks so different! O_O) and Erina as well. 3D printing food?! Sign me up! :D
Nov 14, 2017 8:03 PM

Oct 2008
Another absolutely perfect awesome episode!
Souma & Megumi teamed-up with Mimasaka, Ikumi & Aldini brothers that made them beat Kuga senpai!
3D printed chocolate food? now that's what I call INNOVATION!
5/5.

Dec 16, 2017 7:40 PM
Jul 2018
Beautiful episode. I liked how Souma formed his own party, his own network.

Also, I'm liking the development of Team Alice. They make a great shonen trio.
Dec 19, 2017 3:38 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that was totally amazing! Really lovely episode and what an ending! Really looking forwards to see what's next.
Dec 21, 2017 6:43 PM
Jan 2016
minimiau said:
4 episodes just to see the obvious: Yukihira winning his rival with the rival speciality (and making it better). As most of times, so its not sorprise.

I'm starting to not like his character. To me he's exactly like Mimasaka the copy cat. He only n cooks what others cooks. I've never seen him make up something to cook on his own.
YuYuArieDec 21, 2017 6:51 PM
Dec 22, 2017 10:31 AM

May 2015
Talk about letting me forget about a scumbag past and start to like him because he helped Souma by imitating him *Kudos*
Feb 6, 2018 3:05 PM

Aug 2014
Nice turning point, but it is unreal that he won on last day and starting to catch up at so late hours.
Kore wa fikushondesu
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 28, 2018 4:19 AM

Mar 2015
Very nicely done, I always get shounen goosebumps when we see how Soma overcomes his opposition!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 13, 2018 11:52 PM

Apr 2011
Souma's ten year of experience of customer service have won over Kuga's chinese resto. What's amazing to watch is the other characters helping out.

Great episode.
Sep 27, 2018 2:12 AM

Sep 2018
Seeing everyone come together for Soma at the ending was so adorable and hit me in the feels~
Jun 3, 2019 2:45 PM

Feb 2013
I forgive Subaru for all the things he did!
He's such a funny guy lool!
And wow, they actually sold more than Kuga!
Jul 8, 2019 1:58 PM

Apr 2013
Great episode. Even though the animation is kinda... absent? (except for that horrible CGI with the chefs in the Chinese restaurant), the characters are still so much fun to watch that I don't really mind. A bit more fanservice would fit an ecchi scene like this one though.
Jan 9, 2020 4:26 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
YEAH !! First place ! I knew they could do it, so much heartwarming to see all his friends working to help him and even Subaru wow
Feb 28, 2020 1:58 PM

Aug 2017
I feel there was no preparation here....Souma is winning this time but it could be less rushed? The only thing important that happened was that more people got together to help him. Quite unrealistic that Kuga is losing when he has more people working.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jun 1, 2020 10:22 PM
Oct 2019
And he's back in the game!

I wish they were showing more cooking/food prep for his stall though.
Sep 30, 2020 2:42 AM

May 2016
Souma getting the ball rolling with his newest dish and having it go faster and faster to the point of winning over Kuga's unbeatable Sechuan Empire thanks to him and his friends helping him out was such a satisfying and wonderful thing to watch! Everyone working as a team gave me chills since this was the culmination of all their experiences in Totsuki so far~

It's also nice to see that Alice and friends were able to turn things around for them too.

Oct 5, 2020 3:28 PM

Mar 2010
Not a bad way to win, also I thought the new episode started after the credits first time it has fooled me lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 26, 2020 5:01 AM

Jul 2020
Great episode!

too wholesome that they were working together for Yukihira

and Mimasaka was the real homie for me in this episode XD
Mar 7, 2021 11:24 PM

Dec 2012
Ryoko looking fine.
Kuga.
Tomita.
Its been 6 months.
The Moon?
Dat theme.
Yukihira (REV) No. 2: limited edition mapo curry noodle.
The people are coming.
Dat figure... it couldn't be?
Its Mimasaka.
A debt?
Alice.
Who is that?
Nikumi.
lol at Isami.
Kuga is in 2nd.
Soma is in 1st.
Osomatsu!
Dat ending.
Alice.
Erina perfection.
A just in case?
Tsukasa.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 12, 2021 4:51 PM

Jul 2017
The way Ikumi, Takumi and Isami left their own stalls as well as Subaru went to help Soma and Megumi out mid-service when the crowd was really lining up was quite cheesy yet quite awesome to watch in its own way. Really fun episode and satisfying seeing Soma adapt and grow throughout the past couple days to unleash hell on Kuga and take a victory over him for a day at least. Very fun stuff and it shows how important having friends and reliable acquaintances can be, since thanks to the comrades he made, the societies and even people from Soma's old place helping him out in different assets from the actual cooking to just tangible resources outside the kitchen like seats and lanterns to build a proper little pop-up restaurant with that Taiwanese street feel to it. Loved all of that.

This arc and season so far has been more enjoyable than the previous one despite the lackluster visuals, so far at least. I do know that some shit's arriving soon that helped spoil the series in the long run so that's something to be aware of, but at least the beginning portion has been a lot of fun to watch.
Aug 6, 2021 9:22 PM
Aug 2021
Yukihira Soma winning? Big shocker! episode was good, but seemed a bit fast compared to the others... i give it an 8.4/10
May 21, 2023 10:54 AM

Jan 2021
Thank crist this arc is over...
Jun 22, 2023 3:22 PM

Apr 2008
Objectively terrible episode
This episode (and arc) was so terrible that I felt the need to post about it. 

Animation was terrible, the recipe was dull, the 'sneak attack' was awful. 

It's stupid from every possible angle, from logistics to practicality. This is unlike all other episodes, this episode is literally magic.
Souma has literally become magic at this point, not even about making good food; about literally being able to make enough food. 
Jul 15, 2023 6:31 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Feb 9, 3:16 PM
Jun 2023
too sexual for me no thank you
Feb 24, 6:29 PM
Jan 2016
Nice one love it
One of the best
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 21, 2017

151 by Alaa1991 »»
Feb 25, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2017

223 by ZombieZibi »»
Dec 3, 2023 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2017

128 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 7:32 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2017

118 by dspr »»
Jul 16, 2023 6:43 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2017

108 by dspr »»
Jul 15, 2023 10:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.