Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 20, 2017 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A "cursed quirk"....

Still, I like Deku is able to use some reverse psychology and turn this around. Hope his plan will work with Eri. Next chapter will probably be the final part of this fight. Can't wait.
Oct 20, 2017 12:41 AM

Jan 2009
Eri's quirk can only rewind humans (or maybe all other living things too?) so as overpowered her quirk is its still have limitations and that is good to hear or else this manga will end soon if Eri mastered her quirk fast lol

and wow Nighteye is gonna survive this arc isnt he? lol good for him
Oct 20, 2017 12:50 AM

Dec 2012
Oh snap One for All Full Cowl 100%.

Chisaki is crazy.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Oct 20, 2017 12:51 AM

Jan 2009
Santoryu_XBurner said:
Oh snap One for All Full Cowl 100%.

lol ye i forgot mentioning that on my first post here because of how more amaze i am about Eri's quirk

and wow Deku at 100% of One For All can fly by making or kicking air pressure/friction it seems
Oct 20, 2017 1:00 AM
Dec 2016
This should become a partnership, Deku will go full 100% all the time, and Eri will rewind him at the same speed. We have a perfect synergy here.
Oct 20, 2017 1:01 AM

Jan 2009
nukerxero123 said:
This should become a partnership, Deku will go full 100% all the time, and Eri will rewind him at the same speed. We have a perfect synergy here.

if that will be the case then this manga is gonna end soon lol

what about the theory that Deku originally have the super regeneration/healing quirk that All For One steal from him when he was a kid, that is similar scenario here too
Oct 20, 2017 1:03 AM

Dec 2013
Every badass needs a loli!

I’m looking forward to final form Chisaki vs Super Sayain Deku next week!
Oct 20, 2017 1:11 AM

Apr 2014
Probably the worst chapter Hori has put out so far. If Eri stays after this arc the series will go completely downhill for me.
Oct 20, 2017 1:18 AM

Oct 2011
Super Sayian Deku.... I hope she rewinds him after he dies. And if she does, she'll probably give her life away to do it (otherwise she could heal All Might which would make his epic sacrifice worthless so I don't think the author will allow it)

Oct 20, 2017 1:26 AM

Jan 2009
uzee said:
otherwise she could heal All Might

oh shit good point there dude
Oct 20, 2017 1:28 AM
Jul 2018
What a disappointment this manga has turned out to be, now an asspull to save Deku's ass everytime(yes that "no control" disadvantage doesn't count since Deku can bypass it). Bet everyone will survive with quirks returned and everything will be alright after this arc with Eri as backpack lol.

uzee said:
Super Sayian Deku.... I hope she rewinds him after he dies. And if she does, she'll probably give her life away to do it (otherwise she could heal All Might which would make his epic sacrifice worthless so I don't think the author will allow it)

Your first line is even a bigger asspull than everything else lmao
Oct 20, 2017 1:29 AM
Apr 2015
The thing is that when she starts to rewind, she can't control it. Right now is working because Deku is continually destroying himself. I don't know what will happen when he stops the 100% mode.
Oct 20, 2017 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
sergiohere1 said:
The thing is that when she starts to rewind, she can't control it. Right now is working because Deku is continually destroying himself. I don't know what will happen when he stops the 100% mode.

He will be fine, will just hand over the backpack to someone else.
Oct 20, 2017 1:45 AM

Apr 2014
sergiohere1 said:

The problem is Hori intentionally left her quirk vague until recently and now excuses it with her not being able to control it properly which means he can do whatever the fuck he wants with Eri. This is pure plot convenience because the focal point of this rescue arc just so happens to have the ability to erase the punishment for Deku going 100%.
Oct 20, 2017 1:45 AM

Jul 2016
I support the idea of using Eri to heal AllMight, I will remember this divisive arc in a little more positive note if she does that wonderful act.
Oct 20, 2017 1:48 AM
Apr 2015
Z4k said:

The problem is Hori intentionally left her quirk vague until recently and now excuses it with her not being able to control it properly which means he can do whatever the fuck he wants with Eri. This is pure plot convenience because the focal point of this rescue arc just so happens to have the ability to erase the punishment for Deku going 100%.

Totally agree...I will be really disappointed if she can heal Nighteye and stop her quirk without any problem. I won't have any problem if that happens some years later in the history, but now its not the moment. Deku needs a character's death to improve his skills, it will be for a little disappointing if anyone dies in this arc...

(Srry if I have grammatical errors bro)
sergiohere1Oct 20, 2017 1:52 AM
Oct 20, 2017 2:06 AM

Jan 2016
100%!!!!

Come on have some faith in the manga, I don't think it's gonna have ass pulls like this. Whatever she can do will have a limit or probably a time limit. Like the woman who could stop time in D. Gray Man but only for as long as she is conscious. And even that take alot of energy.
Oct 20, 2017 2:14 AM
Aug 2016
But remember Chisaki said she can’t control t and that if Deku kept touching her he would be reverted to monkey states and/or even vanish.

Also Deku stated that she reverts at lightning speed so you probably wouldn’t have touch her for too long to be affected detrimentally so I believe that’s enough of a weakness to prevent any major ass pulls. This is also further highlighted by the fact Deku must constantly destroy his body at a rate that basically breaks his body instantly for any body part his 100% is used on to even remain the same while touching her. So basically it probably wont work on anyone else.

So the only way she can become truly op is years down the line when the manga will be done or finished an ending timeskip or soemthing so I dont think theres any worry.
Oct 20, 2017 2:32 AM

Oct 2015
I don't know how I feel about this arc. I don't like how convenient Eri's Quirk is for the good guys, given her power has thus far been to destory Quirks. We've basically gotten confirmation Nighteye will surive, and he should already be dead with that massive hole in his torso, and Mirio will get his Quirk back. Also, now Midoriya can go all out with no repercussion. It's not compelling. We'll see how the arc ends, but as for now, I don't like it.
Oct 20, 2017 2:45 AM

Apr 2017
isekai said:
Eri's quirk can only rewind humans (or maybe all other living things too?) so as overpowered her quirk is its still have limitations and that is good to hear or else this manga will end soon if Eri mastered her quirk fast lol

and wow Nighteye is gonna survive this arc isnt he? lol good for him

i don't want nighteye to die tbh..he's just introduced recently..but his quirk is OP so that's hard

Oct 20, 2017 2:46 AM

Apr 2017
MoonStar9 said:
I and Mirio will get his Quirk back.

ummmm HOW do you know that?

Oct 20, 2017 2:54 AM

Sep 2013
This is just getting better and better.
Oct 20, 2017 4:19 AM
Jul 2017
mirio most likely isn't getting his quirk back,he'll vanish if he uses eri's quirk i think
Oct 20, 2017 4:21 AM
Mar 2016
Pizzagun said:
What a disappointment this manga has turned out to be, now an asspull to save Deku's ass everytime(yes that "no control" disadvantage doesn't count since Deku can bypass it). Bet everyone will survive with quirks returned and everything will be alright after this arc with Eri as backpack lol.

uzee said:

Your first line is even a bigger asspull than everything else lmao

You don't even know what will happen with Eri in the future. How can you say that without knowing what will happen. It's still possible that someone ends up stealing her quirk. The Villain Alliance is watching, so they should know how op her quirk is by now.

I don't get why so many people think that Eri will end up being used as an asspull from now on. There's no reason for Horikoshi to do this. There will be some kind of drawback in the future. Either someones steals Eri's quirk or sth else happens that makes her unable to get used as some kind of asspull. And tbh, as long as she only helps Deku beat Overhaul, everything is fine for me. It makes totally sense for her to help Deku and if she didn't have a quirk this strong, Overhaul wouldn't have basically kept her hostage. As long as this won't happen again, I'm totally fine with it and Horikoshi will definitely do sth so that they can't use her quirk all the time in the future. Otherwise there would probably be a huge amount of plotholes.
Oct 20, 2017 4:31 AM

Jun 2014
Oh shit 100%. This should be good.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 20, 2017 4:40 AM
Sep 2012
Wow so that is Eri's power. She can heal people, but can't control it. In a way she is like Deku.

Deku don't care, he will not let her go no mater what and good for you Deku. A very good chapter, the arc is almost over, and I think we are going to win.

Deku is not going to lose, and is going to save Eri, going to save his soon to be little sister.
Oct 20, 2017 5:27 AM

Oct 2015
welp, guess this arc gonna have eri heal almost everyone except night for obvious reason, and then either she reverse her own quirk so she loses it, or something happens lol
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Oct 20, 2017 5:35 AM

Oct 2015
SanOro said:
MoonStar9 said:
I and Mirio will get his Quirk back.

ummmm HOW do you know that?

If Eri's Quirk is to reverse, either the bullets turned Mirio's Quirk back to before activation, meaning it will manifest again in the future, or if it's destroyed, she will reverse it being destroyed.
Oct 20, 2017 6:06 AM

Dec 2014
Nice way to get Deku to fight at 100% without suffering too many injuries. I do believe there's gonna be some kind of repercussion to Eri using her power like this.

Chisaki final form looks awesome though, Go Deku!
Oct 20, 2017 6:19 AM
Dec 2016
Smells like bullshit and everyone is eating it right up...
Oct 20, 2017 6:58 AM

Sep 2013
Eri's quirk basically the BNHA version of Bleach's Inoue's ability (looks similar so far). Eri can heal/revert anything even a lost limb (maybe) like what Inoue did to Grimmjow. and even maybe can heal Deku's and Iida's arm, Iida's older brother, all might, All for One, and so on.

if the author not handle the story very well it will be a "plot armor" for the sake of a happy end for this arc and the future arcs (possibly)

and also is it possible Eri's quirk getting controlled by the one with mind controlling? the one who fight against Deku at the 1st knock-out round from sports festival arc (forgot his name)
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Oct 20, 2017 7:14 AM
Feb 2017
Yakano said:
Smells like bullshit and everyone is eating it right up...

Its not bullshit and I have faith in the writing this isnt Fairy Tail :|
Oct 20, 2017 7:32 AM

Dec 2014
I love it because this power up isn't an ass-pull at all. Deku's had the power since the beginning, it's always been about the injuries sustained as a result. Eri just nullifies that.

It will be interesting though as Deku isn't used to having this much power, not to mention he has to literally carry Eri the entire time. Overhaul may be weaker on the whole, but he has far more options in this fight.
Oct 20, 2017 7:36 AM

Nov 2016
Deku is sure good with words...

And OMFG, OFA 100%.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 20, 2017 7:49 AM

Mar 2015
yeah, no... this is bullshit... has is this power has anything to do with deleting qurick? how they can control it? turn back to monkey? WTF i honestly hope it's mistranslation...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 20, 2017 7:57 AM

Apr 2017
Kuma said:
yeah, no... this is bullshit... has is this power has anything to do with deleting qurick? how they can control it? turn back to monkey? WTF i honestly hope it's mistranslation...

Either it's mistranslated..Or the author doesn't understand how evolutionary biology works

Oct 20, 2017 8:07 AM

Mar 2015
SanOro said:
Kuma said:

Either it's mistranslated..Or the author doesn't understand how evolutionary biology works

waiting for FA version... MS does oftenly make mistranslation, but compliely change the dialogue? probably not... so i expect the worst...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 20, 2017 8:16 AM

Apr 2017
Kuma said:
SanOro said:

waiting for FA version... MS does oftenly make mistranslation, but compliely change the dialogue? probably not... so i expect the worst...

yeah that was weird but anyway you said " has is this power has anything to do with deleting qurick?" well i'm pretty sure Chisaki modified the quirk with his researches for example if the quirk is supposed to revert the state of the body he modified it so it reverts the state of the quirk..Get it?

Oct 20, 2017 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
SanOro said:
Kuma said:

yeah that was weird but anyway you said " has is this power has anything to do with deleting qurick?" well i'm pretty sure Chisaki modified the quirk with his researches for example if the quirk is supposed to revert the state of the body he modified it so it reverts the state of the quirk..Get it?

wait, aren't you get quirck since you born? you can selectiving what part you want rewind?
Oct 20, 2017 8:31 AM

Apr 2017
Kuma said:
SanOro said:

wait, aren't you get quirck since you born? you can selectiving what part you want rewind?

uhhh no? You get a quirk when you are at age of 4 so if that's the case than he'll probably get his quirk 4 years later

Oct 20, 2017 8:39 AM

Mar 2015
SanOro said:
Kuma said:

uhhh no? You get a quirk when you are at age of 4 so if that's the case than he'll probably get his quirk 4 years later

then he will get back his quirck? it's only rewind...
Oct 20, 2017 8:45 AM

May 2013
You people reeeeeeaaaaally like to make assumptions just for the hell of it dont you? Calm the fuck down

Didn't they say she doesn't know how to actually control it? how the fuck is she gonna cure everybody like that?
Oct 20, 2017 8:49 AM

Apr 2017
Kuma said:
SanOro said:

then he will get back his quirck? it's only rewind...
yeah i think he'll get it back..but i'm not sure tho, we don't know exactly what chisaki did with the experimentals of the quirk so i think he did more than just changing what the quirk is targeting (targeting the quirk instead of the body)..the arc is not done yet, i'm pretty sure we'll get some answers of all these damn questions
AymafOct 20, 2017 8:53 AM

Oct 20, 2017 8:56 AM

Apr 2014
FackuIkari said:
You people reeeeeeaaaaally like to make assumptions just for the hell of it dont you? Calm the fuck down

Didn't they say she doesn't know how to actually control it? how the fuck is she gonna cure everybody like that?

That's just a shit excuse so Hori could use it whenever he feels like it. Just like he is now to let Deku use 100%.

How are you guys not even seeing this? Eri's entire character is just a convenient plot device to let Deku reach that state.
Oct 20, 2017 9:06 AM

Aug 2016
Well I agree to what people are saying about Eri and her quirk beeing a pretty convenient plot device to some extent (like all the hype aside, Deku using 100% this early on?)
but I have faith in the manga and don't think it is that bad for now and I'm interested to see how it goes from here.

Of course Eri healing everbody and making everything fine would be a bit stupid but I dont think it's that easy with her not having control over her quirk and what not.
GreeenSpongeOct 20, 2017 9:09 AM
Oct 20, 2017 9:07 AM

May 2013
Z4k said:
FackuIkari said:

That's just a shit excuse so Hori could use it whenever he feels like it. Just like he is now to let Deku use 100%.

How are you guys not even seeing this? Eri's entire character is just a convenient plot device to let Deku reach that state.

Yeah but what makes people assume everything is gonna be just fine after this? Since when there has been no limitations of consequences for the reckless use of quirks?

Why people assume she's gonna fix everything? What time machine do you people have to know those things?

I think Horikoshi has a good fucking track record when it comes with this kids of stuff, is not gonna be that easy.

I just say you just need to wait and see how everything plays out before shitting on it just because
Oct 20, 2017 9:11 AM

Sep 2013
Eri does need to lose her powers if she isn't gonna die, it's way too convenient.
Oct 20, 2017 9:54 AM
Jul 2014
Z4k said:
FackuIkari said:

GreeenSponge said:
Well I agree to what people are saying about Eri and her quirk beeing a pretty convenient plot device to some extent (like all the hype aside, Deku using 100% this early on?)
but I have faith in the manga and don't think it is that bad for now and I'm interested to see how it goes from here.

Of course Eri healing everbody and making everything fine would be a bit stupid but I dont think it's that easy with her not having control over her quirk and what not.

Both of you do realize that this isn't the first time Deku has gone 100% right?
Oct 20, 2017 10:00 AM

Aug 2016
ChocoBar9 said:

Yeah I know I was not referring to him reaching 100% but more the fact that he is now able to actually fight at 100% without the usual drawbacks.
Oct 20, 2017 10:06 AM
Jul 2014
GreeenSponge said:
ChocoBar9 said:

Yeah I know I was not referring to him reaching 100% but more the fact that he is now able to actually fight at 100% without the usual drawbacks.

Because Eri is preventing his bones from giving out. Deku is just using that as an advantage to prevent himself from dying through her quirk by doing so himself.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

16 by IzanaSolos »»
Yesterday, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

51 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 3:23 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.