Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 11, 2010 12:09 PM

Dec 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
go nodame go!
Mar 11, 2010 6:26 PM

Jun 2008
any speed subs of Nodame going around?
Mar 11, 2010 9:29 PM

Nov 2007
Chiaki must be shocked at Nodame unwilling to meet him at the end of her performance.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2010 7:26 AM

Apr 2009
"I want Ice cream!" ... that is all there is to it!
But awesome, I thought Milch was just being a pev.(Dark magic circle helped) but he's actually helping Nodame.

And now Chiaki is realising that she won't be around if he doesn't give her the attention she wants!
Mar 13, 2010 2:23 PM

Jul 2007
Now Nodame isn't only for him anymore lol -XDD-
Mar 14, 2010 11:57 AM

Oct 2007
Seeing as this is the episode I've been waiting for this entire season, of course the subs are nowhere to be found and I had to grab a raw. I'll have to re-watch since it's so dialogue-heavy (which probably has something to do with the delay on subs), but I just had to hear that Chopin.
RalonzoMar 14, 2010 12:08 PM
Mar 14, 2010 12:40 PM

Oct 2007
This must have been my fav. episode of nodame cantabile in all the 3 seasons combined, the way she played that chopin song... SUGOI SUGOI
Mar 14, 2010 2:23 PM

Dec 2007
Sweet episode
Mar 14, 2010 2:25 PM

Jul 2008
I loved it.
Somehow I get the feeling that soon it will be Chiaki who will be the one that needs to catch up. And it happend just as I had hoped, Stresemann brought forth a Nodame that made music for no other reason than the music itself (and being completely unrelated to Chiaki)
Now Nodame gained quite a bit of independence here, and Chiaki will be forced to do something for their relationship or they will just keep drifting apart. This is the kind of development I hoped for. :D
Mar 14, 2010 2:30 PM

Oct 2007
lifeaspect said:
This must have been my fav. episode of nodame cantabile in all the 3 seasons combined, the way she played that chopin song... SUGOI SUGOI

This.

Just a sublime viewing experience. 11 stars.
Mar 14, 2010 2:55 PM

May 2008
lifeaspect said:

NOT A SONG

Chiaki is an idiot by the way. Going back to Italy? It made me yell at my screen, something I don't usually do.
Mar 14, 2010 3:14 PM

Aug 2008
Ugh. This was unexpectedly brilliant. Nodame in her debut?! I was fine with her just doing a concour....now the show has to end with her having had her debut?! I NEED MORE. This show must not end!
Mar 14, 2010 3:18 PM
Dec 2007
Ralonzo said:
lifeaspect said:

This.

Just a sublime viewing experience. 11 stars.

Definitely the best episode of the three series along with Paris-Hen's episodes 10 and 11 and probably the most impressing music-wise. The perfect climax-builder episode and an incredible piece of anime.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 14, 2010 3:18 PM

Sep 2008
The effects during her performance were very mesmerizing. I really just can't get enough of her playing. Milch's poster was too great, always the eccentric one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2010 3:33 PM

Mar 2009
Silberkralle said:
I loved it.
Somehow I get the feeling that soon it will be Chiaki who will be the one that needs to catch up. And it happend just as I had hoped, Stresemann brought forth a Nodame that made music for no other reason than the music itself (and being completely unrelated to Chiaki)
Now Nodame gained quite a bit of independence here, and Chiaki will be forced to do something for their relationship or they will just keep drifting apart. This is the kind of development I hoped for. :D

me too :) finally, they are equal; he can't look down on her anymore... and what's best, she is so self-confident :) i like it a lot.
"Noooo, there's no way I, a mere handsome and sexy shopkeeper, could possibly have Bankai!" ;)
Mar 14, 2010 3:49 PM

Aug 2008
finally some high quality music performances! that's why i love this series!
loved this ep but it's approaching to the finale.
nooooooo, i don't wanna say goodbye, not yet.
Mar 14, 2010 3:58 PM

Jul 2007
That was on par with Chiaki's Rachmaninoff in the first season. Seeing Nodame finally blossom... god, so amazing! They're really bringing their best stuff to the climax!
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Mar 14, 2010 4:12 PM
Feb 2010
That's definitely one of the best episodes so far.... The whole debut scene was mesmerizing :))

I am kinda wondering what will happen now, though..... Nodame had her goal about playing on a stage with an orchestra the way she wanted, even if it wasn't with Chiaki.... So, what will she do now?

I remember in one of the previous episodes, Chiaki was thinking that she was trying to rush things towards something - it may be that now she'll have problems returning to the music after fulfilling her goal the same way she had problems when she had to face it head on......... But that's just my thoughts. Hope it's not like that.

Aaa! I can't stop re-watching the debut concerto...... I wanna hear this piece without the speaking. !!!!!
Mar 14, 2010 4:21 PM
Mar 2009
Yay! Nodame finally made her first steps onto the stage and (of course) wowed the crowd!

I kind of felt the "she doesn't want to see you" didn't have the proper impact on Chiaki. But I guess they spent all the time on the wonderful concerto. I wonder what's going to happen next?
Mar 14, 2010 4:25 PM

Nov 2007
A captivating performance indeed. Very good episode. Only two left, huh... Guess I'll be watching the drama someday, too.
Mar 14, 2010 4:28 PM

Sep 2009
The last half of this season has been the best out of all 3 to me. The music in this ep was fantastic, and really fit well with what's going on right now. Can't believe it's almost over. Chiaki needs to man up and get straight with Nodame or she's going to drift away...HOW CAN THERE ONLY BE 2 EPISODES LEFT?
Mar 14, 2010 4:37 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
wonderful music brings back memories of the first season.....
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Mar 14, 2010 4:41 PM

Dec 2007
That Chopin was magical. My mouth was open all the way through. I'm so glad Nodame is finally being shown for the amazing pianist she is. The shock on her face at the audience's reaction just goes to show that she doesn't think highly of herself enough to invoke that reaction. Chiaki needs to do something major I.e accept her proposal or even better; stop being a total fool before he loses her completely.
Mar 14, 2010 4:42 PM

Jan 2008
The end of this episode came way too fast. I was in to it... and then... the ED started... Shock! I don't think my shock was as great as Chiaki's when he heard "She doesn't want to see you now".
Mar 14, 2010 5:23 PM

Sep 2009
datsunvic said:
The end of this episode came way too fast. I was in to it... and then... the ED started... Shock! I don't think my shock was as great as Chiaki's when he heard "She doesn't want to see you now".

Second week in a row where I have cursed out loud in surprise at my computer when the ED comes on.
Mar 14, 2010 5:36 PM

Jul 2007
I don't get why everyone blames Chiaki for everything, but don't realize that Nodame's whole proposal was just out of some desperate attempt to tie herself to him. He hasn't actually done anything wrong here. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do when he's not the whole problem. She doesn't feel she could ever be relate to Chiaki musically and that really can't be blamed on him.

I just feel a lot of people are missing the point why she refused to see him. Nodame isn't suddenly going to become someone like Rui who travels the world and performs with other people. She's going to run away. Again.
telethaMar 14, 2010 5:40 PM
Mar 14, 2010 5:59 PM

Jun 2008
I'm really not looking forward to the next two episodes, because i don't want this to end.

I really loved the animation on Nodame's movements during her debut.
Mar 14, 2010 6:09 PM

Sep 2007
OMG! What's going on? Why Nodame and Chiaki can't be like always? I mean, I know Nodame is experiencing something new and overwhelming for her, but that is why she should share it with her boyfriend! I can't wait to see what's going to happen next >.<

Mar 14, 2010 6:11 PM
Feb 2010
teletha said:
I don't get why everyone blames Chiaki for everything, but don't realize that Nodame's whole proposal was just out of some desperate attempt to tie herself to him. He hasn't actually done anything wrong here. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do when he's not the whole problem. She doesn't feel she could ever be relate to Chiaki musically and that really can't be blamed on him.

I just feel a lot of people are missing the point why she refused to see him. Nodame isn't suddenly going to become someone like Rui who travels the world and performs with other people. She's going to run away. Again.

Yeah, i agree in a way..... She did say she wasn't sure why she proposed, which makes you think that she wasn't entirely sure about it........... Running away -> That's kinda the thing i expect to happen next, this way she can find what inspires her to do music and how she relates through her music with people.......... The only unknown thing is what form her "running away" will take :D I am looking forward to see that in the next episodes.

Hate that it will be over in two episodes. I want more!!
Mar 14, 2010 6:28 PM
Jan 2010
One word to describe this episode- PHENOMENAL!
Nodame's Chopin was absolutely breathtaking. I knew her mood would affect the piece, but it wasn't how I expected it. I felt so bad for Chiaki, searching everywhere for Nodame. It was nice to see some of the old cast from the first season. Would have been nice if there parts were longer.

I agree with you teletha and limskragma. You could tell by how Nodame looked in the dressing room at the end that she wanted to run away- especially with her refusal to see Chiaki after the show. Normally she would have been overjoyed to see him.

You can really tell how much Chiaki is realizing her loves her by this episode.

My issue with this episode was that 22 minutes went by in a flash! That ED came on way too soon.
Mar 14, 2010 6:29 PM

May 2009
Mesmerizing performance. So happy that Nodame had such a stunning debut. Having followed her through all the struggles and hard work made this moment all the sweeter. But the distance she put between herself and Chiaki made this episode somewhat bittersweet.

Wonder how her teachers and everyone else at the school will react once they learn of her performance.

The Milche poster is fantastic. Gotta steal me one. XD
Mar 14, 2010 6:41 PM
May 2008
Great episode, but it's so hard to believe that there are only two episodes left... I need more!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Mar 14, 2010 6:46 PM

Jun 2007
LimsKragma said:
That's definitely one of the best episodes so far.... The whole debut scene was mesmerizing :))

I am kinda wondering what will happen now, though..... Nodame had her goal about playing on a stage with an orchestra the way she wanted, even if it wasn't with Chiaki.... So, what will she do now?

I remember in one of the previous episodes, Chiaki was thinking that she was trying to rush things towards something - it may be that now she'll have problems returning to the music after fulfilling her goal the same way she had problems when she had to face it head on......... But that's just my thoughts. Hope it's not like that.

Aaa! I can't stop re-watching the debut concerto...... I wanna hear this piece without the speaking. !!!!!

Her goal changed partway through all 3 seasons. She has been wanting to play with Chiaki.

I kind of see the opposite happening now. Everyone around her has been treating her as an unpolished stone that still needs refining since they all know she has major potential. She's a sponge and the teachers, mainly Cheryl, has been trying to get her to learn as many songs as possible before hitting the big stage. No one's given her the attention or complements she's been looking for nor have any of the instructors wanted to risk putting her on a major stage because they feel it might do as you're suggesting, cause her to get lazy and big headed. I think the opposite will happen now though. Milch gave her the attention and experience that no one has been man enough to give her. Now she has something to work more towards and that's to continue letting people enjoy her music and to push beyond everyone's expectations.

I'm wondering how her teachers will react to this now.
Mar 14, 2010 7:29 PM

Oct 2008
DeathfireD said:

Her goal changed partway through all 3 seasons. She has been wanting to play with Chiaki.

I kind of see the opposite happening now. Everyone around her has been treating her as an unpolished stone that still needs refining since they all know she has major potential. She's a sponge and the teachers, mainly Cheryl, has been trying to get her to learn as many songs as possible before hitting the big stage. No one's given her the attention or complements she's been looking for nor have any of the instructors wanted to risk putting her on a major stage because they feel it might do as you're suggesting, cause her to get lazy and big headed. I think the opposite will happen now though. Milch gave her the attention and experience that no one has been man enough to give her. Now she has something to work more towards and that's to continue letting people enjoy her music and to push beyond everyone's expectations.

I'm wondering how her teachers will react to this now.

Everything I have to say is pretty much a spoiler so I'll treat it as such. Of course if you've come this far in the forum, the cats pretty much out of the bag for sure.

Mar 14, 2010 8:29 PM
Oct 2007
That ED is really getting to me. It enters so perfectly, just like the ED for Kimi ni Todoke and first ED for Letter Bee. TWO EPISODES LEFT!!! NOOOOOOO!
Mar 14, 2010 9:23 PM

Mar 2007
This was so good I cried. I can't believe only 2 more episodes ... how will they every tie everything together for the end?

I love the ED, but this time it made me cry. Wow I am emotional after this episode.
Mar 14, 2010 10:07 PM

Jan 2009
she's finally maturing and becoming a star :D
Omgosh there need to be more eps though
Mar 14, 2010 10:37 PM

Oct 2007
Just watched it for the 5th time. This is to me one of the landmark episodes of anime ever.

Ever.
Mar 14, 2010 10:53 PM

Oct 2007
Six. (Starting from the rehearsal)
Mar 14, 2010 11:03 PM
Mar 2010
Chiaki has been steadily moving away from Nodame. At 1st they were living together almost, then he got really busy and they didnt see each other much, and he never really went out of his way to make time for nodame... and not long after he ends up leaving his place because "it was too noisy" and ends up living on his own away from Nodame.

Then he ditches her for his sensei instead of going to her performance like he promised. And then to top it all off he performs the piece that Nodame wanted to do with Rui whos in love with him.

Nodame expected Chiakis performance with Rui to be good but not as good as it turned out to be, infact it was better than what she had imagined her performance would be like with him. And then she sees the way Rui looks at chiaki and the way he looked at her during their performance....i bet she knew then that she could lose Chiaki to Rui and thats why she was acting all weird afterwards and then suddenly purposed.

Her purposal was badly timed but it was serious, she wasnt planning on it before, its just all she could think of to keep them together. Almost like a confession to see where their relationship stands. She seriously conveyed her feelings then which were just brushed aside by Chiaki. Chiaki didnt even bother to know why she proposed so suddenly, he just passed it off as a joke.

Now Nodame is just running away, and shes using her music to do it (thats why shes facing it seriously now so she doesnt have to face Chiaki)

Tbh Chiaki is to blame, he cares more about Nodames music that Nodame hereslf. He will probably accept Nodame drifting away from him thinking that its better that her career is blossoming instead of their realtionship, again typical Chiaki putting music 1st.

In the end Chiaki will realize his mistake and run after Nodame before he loses her for good .... thats my prediction anyways.
Mar 14, 2010 11:10 PM

Oct 2007
mushookees, welcome! Fantastic first post.

You're right, Nodame is running, into the music which she now understands by facing it head-on.

Oh, and... seven.
Mar 14, 2010 11:27 PM

Oct 2007
Eight.

Why is there not an > 9000 option on the poll?
Mar 14, 2010 11:43 PM

Oct 2007
Nine.

Love the cloth rustling just before the performance. Sweet effect.

And Nodame's legs in the air, just before shooting Chiaki down. Well, that's what it is. And damn fine legs they are.
Mar 14, 2010 11:53 PM

Dec 2009
doki doki, for the whole concert... and this feeling won't go away! amazing...
Mar 15, 2010 12:05 AM

Oct 2007
Ten.

And I don't care if Nodame walks out like she's Leni Reifenstahl. It's about Chopin... and his leaving of Warsaw....

Which reminds me...

A Polish immigrant went to the DMV to apply for a driver's license. First, of course, he had to take an eye sight test. The optician showed him a card with the letters

'C Z W I X N O S T A C Z.'

'Can you read this?' the optician asked.

The Polish immigrant replied... 'Read it? I know the guy.'
RalonzoMar 15, 2010 12:11 AM
Mar 15, 2010 12:30 AM

Jun 2009
Sugoi! I've been waiting for this to be animated since I read the manga. Back then though, we had to wait an indefinite amount of time for the next chapter because Ninomiya sensei was sick. It was a painful wait. At least, we only have to wait a week for the next episode.
---
ChibiSamuraiTV | My YT Channel | www.youtube.com/user/chibisamuraitv
Mar 15, 2010 1:04 AM

Sep 2009
Nice episode...but I really want to see them together again and Nodame should at least finish up school. Too bad this show is almost over.
Mar 15, 2010 1:06 AM

Jul 2009
OMFG. I can not wait for the next episode. I nearly died and cried at the same time. !!!
Mar 15, 2010 2:40 AM

Dec 2008
Im super curious how its all going to end... This was one of the best episodes ever =D
Mar 15, 2010 5:11 AM

Jun 2009
awesome performance nodame!!

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Proselyt - Jan 28, 2010

82 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 11, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

HawthorneKitty - Mar 25, 2010

239 by Euroqean »»
Sep 23, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 18, 2010

93 by removed-user »»
Apr 30, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

throwaway513846 - Jan 14, 2010

124 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 17, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Finale Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Feb 12, 2010

81 by Preachee »»
Sep 25, 2021 10:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.