Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 16, 2008 8:03 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OMG ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER...DIE ZEXCS DIE!!!
SHARPEN TEH PITCHFORKS!!!

Well some episode quickies...

Addy finally confesses that even if her body and soul belongs to magic, her heart belongs to Itsuki and only Itsuki. A touching moment indeed...Go Addy!!! Although according to the laws of harem anime, all confessions can only be made when the harem lead is knocked out...Damn you harem!!! xD

We also get to see what really happened during chibi Itsuki and chibi Honami's trip to the mansion during that one fateful magi night. Itsuki even got himself a female dragon, go figure...xD

Itsuki can also be described as part dragon, how much more GAR can this guy get? xD

The way the episode ended felt like they made the episode into a 1 hour special, but decided to abruptly chop it in half so we can have an episode 24. Next episode looks to be epic and also the last episode of Rental Magica...

If they do it right, there will be no opening theme next episode and the op itself will play yet again when Itsuki goes all GAR on Fin! On to the last episode!
Mar 17, 2008 7:56 AM

May 2007
.....finally after they repeat the chibi Itsuki and 'Nami scene ten times XD

So this is episode 23 already? Can't believe it's almost the end. Looking forward for it.
Mar 17, 2008 8:18 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good episode, but I'm getting tired of that flashback (the one where Itsuki gets Glam Sight). I'm also getting tired of these cliffhangers, but that's actually a good thing (imo) =P
Can't believe there's only one episode left =/
Mar 17, 2008 3:10 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I said it last ep, but I have to say it again..... Mamoruuuuuuuu!!! xD

I really love the idea of Fin's character. Human, but no malice, no deception or deceit. Just eerie-ness, coupled with Glam Sight. Fin, you are now my favorite character of this series, with Addy a close second! (Yeah, yeah, Mikan's cute, I know, I know, all you loli fanatics xP)

So, Itsuki had glam sight to begin with. I thought it was weird in the flashback (probably 10 eps ago) that it looked like his eye was already red. It isn't the glam sight that makes it all lizard looking, it's the dragon thing he's connected to. Cool.

Kayro said:
Pretty good episode, but I'm getting tired of that flashback (the one where Itsuki gets Glam Sight).
That what I thought, too, when they repeated it TWICE.

PimpToad said:
Addy finally confesses that even if her body and soul belongs to magic, her heart belongs to Itsuki and only Itsuki.
You know, in the beginning, I would have balked at Addy and said Honami ftw, but now? I really like Addy as a character, and I could see her with Itsuki. And this isn't just because Honami is currently being an enormous BAKA.

Itsuki can also be described as part dragon, how much more GAR can this guy get? xD
My thoughts exactly xD
Mar 17, 2008 3:38 PM

Aug 2007
The scene where Itsuki pushes down Honami is epic! Has to be replayed multiple times for the lulz...xD
Mar 17, 2008 4:31 PM

Feb 2008
haha how naive...
Mar 17, 2008 6:31 PM

Sep 2007
Changeling, I heard about it from an episode of Supernatural... Go figure. Hopefully we get some major ass-kicking done by Itsuki next episode. Itsuki will probably end up with no one and returns to being the guy with two hot girls by his side. Isn't bad at all, isn't bad at all.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the next episode ends with Honami and Addy kissing Itsuki at the same time on both of his cheeks? :-)

edit: Can someone explain to me what "gar" means? Is it another word for badass?
Mar 17, 2008 6:48 PM

Aug 2007
Addy's confession, Itsuki knocked out, Honami's blood everywhere...mm things are building up.
Mar 17, 2008 9:34 PM

Oct 2007
ChiBuki said:
.....finally after they repeat the chibi Itsuki and 'Nami scene ten times XD

So this is episode 23 already? Can't believe it's almost the end. Looking forward for it.

Its looking good :P
Mar 18, 2008 12:25 AM

Jul 2007
This seems like a pretty bad second to last episode, especially since the 'villain' only appeared in the last episode, and the its obvious that they now want to position Addie (bleh) as the one true girl. If the creators wanted to 'resolve' the harem situation, they should've done it already, as it is, everything just seems even more forced than it has been.

Kayro said:
Pretty good episode, but I'm getting tired of that flashback (the one where Itsuki gets Glam Sight).

I totally agree. Go go budget cuts.

SamuraiTom said:
edit: Can someone explain to me what "gar" means? Is it another word for badass?

More or less it means manly badass. If you care about /a/ lore, you can read up at http://lurkmore.com/wiki/index.php?title=GAR or http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/GAR

Mar 18, 2008 1:32 AM
Dec 2007
MajorAddiction said:
Addy's confession, Itsuki knocked out, Honami's blood everywhere...mm things are building up.

I agree, the script is finally started for good. Too bad there's only one episode left.

Oh, and Addie is such a surprising character. She begins as an average girl revolving around the hero, but in competition with a childhood friend (and we all know who wins in this case, no?), but builds up a strong bond with him while developping much more than any other character in the show to become a true heroin. Just for that, Rental Magica deserves to be called a good anime, I'm glad I didn't drop it after the first half of the series, it's clearly better now (partially thanks to Addie and the script being quite good).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 18, 2008 7:19 AM

Jan 2008
Am I alone, all for Honami (excluding the Baka part), go Honami go!!!
Mar 18, 2008 10:01 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
It's almost over, heh. Good episode. Hope the final episode will be good.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 18, 2008 6:38 PM

Nov 2007
really wouldn't mind a second season :(. more itsuki and addy! still don't even know what happened to his father, and other loose ends.
Mar 19, 2008 1:50 AM

Feb 2008

Gawd,i don't really enjoy this episode since it lacks of Kuroha and Mikan-chan but too much screentime for white haired Yaoi bishounen(not that i'm complaining) but i should say this episode is really damn interesting. I feel like i was watching it for only 15 minutes until they suddenly end the episode and i noticed that 24 minutes has already passed...
Mar 19, 2008 3:34 PM

Jan 2007
this was alright I guess. pretty good setup though for what hopes to be a big finale. I loved Addy's talk about her heart being for Itsuki and Itsuki only.
Mar 20, 2008 10:48 AM
Dec 2007
Kayro said:
It is cut clear in this episode that Itsuki had Glam Sight from the very begginning, and what made it get screwed up was the contamination caused by the Dragon. And Itsuki finally remembered he was best friends with Honami. Honami you idiot, you should have told him earlier ! Now Addie got the upper-hand on you.

Mar 22, 2008 7:57 PM

Jun 2007
pretty good episode. glad i've come this far with this anime.
good setup for a finale episode.
the flashback is getting old though

also, addie confessing her love for itsuki to a yaoi sempai isnt really... what you would expect

i want more kuroha...

also, doesnt it sound fishy that the dragon is a loli?
Mar 23, 2008 10:53 AM
Dec 2007
Richard_Omega said:

also, doesnt it sound fishy that the dragon is a loli?
Itsuki attracts all the girls, even if they are dragon lolis.

Mar 23, 2008 1:18 PM

Aug 2007
The question we have to ask is why the dragon is loli to begin with...xD

Itsuki isn't satisfied with his loli miko and his lolimunculus...
One running gag is the "one eye to rule them all!" xD
Mar 23, 2008 2:35 PM

Jun 2007
I want to beat up Honami so bad... *Sigh*

Mar 23, 2008 4:56 PM

Jul 2007
Sasukeisaprick said:
Am I alone, all for Honami (excluding the Baka part), go Honami go!!!

Just for the record, there's two of us.
Dec 20, 2008 4:03 PM

Nov 2007
PimpToad said:
The question we have to ask is why the dragon is loli to begin with...xD

Itsuki isn't satisfied with his loli miko and his lolimunculus...
One running gag is the "one eye to rule them all!" xD

lmao xD ha ha ha
Jun 13, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2012
For this to be the original broadcast ending it was pretty meh, I'm not going to state everything yet as I will do that in the next and final episode which seems to be episode 21 chronological but well it's not that it's going to be positive commentary.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 3 Discussion

eppyomega - Oct 21, 2007

23 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 2 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 15, 2007

29 by Cero98 »»
Apr 24, 1:55 AM

Poll: » Do you think it had potential?

irrfan1378595783 - May 9, 2021

2 by irrfan1378595783 »»
Mar 27, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

PimpToad - Mar 23, 2008

57 by yveltalkyogre »»
Dec 13, 2023 10:08 AM

Poll: » Rental Magica Episode 19 Discussion

PimpToad - Feb 17, 2008

20 by MinTsubasa »»
Aug 28, 2021 8:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.