Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 23, 2007 8:06 AM

Mar 2007
Great episode! But I still found the fights in 7 much more than this one, and I didn't expect Priscilla do be blue in her awakened form. More like redish after reading the manga(that's just the color that bumped up in my head).
May 23, 2007 8:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Holy shit. This episode hurt. Was heavy stuff, but Devil-Priscilla looked freaking awesome in her awakened form! She must be the most evil being I've seen in quite a long time. Really liked this episode, even though I'm not really a fan of episodes where there's only fighting.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 23, 2007 9:58 AM

Oct 2006
I was tempted to say I hated it for a second there ^^.

The fact is the episode was briliant... Even though... my favourite character so far is history now. Still it's her fault for letting her guard down, ne?
Still hated the way she died, and that's what makes the episode excelent. The ability to bring out emotions on the viewers.

Either way... number 1 to 5 met their end (correction, except 2)... that must have been a great blow on the organisation at the time. Too bad we didn't see more.

I'd figure Priscila is gonna be the "boss" in the series and that clare will utimately confront her. Of course this is only a supposition..

Now I'm looking foward to see the plot go back to the original story line, and see clare and raki again.
May 23, 2007 10:00 AM

Apr 2007
That was a great episode. I knew Teresa was going to have to go eventually but that just really sucked the way she went out. With all that talk about being hungry for human flesh I thought Priscilla was going to take a bite out of Claire in the end but she does the typical villain mistake: Leave a survivor and they'll definitely come back for your head when they're much stronger.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 23, 2007 10:04 AM

Apr 2007
I was caught totally off guard. I was antecipating what was going to happen, but it was just... Wow. I haven't read the manga (But I'm feeling really tempted right now), but I guess it must be one of the top missions of the Organization to kill that "traitor."
May 23, 2007 10:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh yeah, I wonder why she didn't attack Clare in the end. If you're a hungry devil, anything would do, right?

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 23, 2007 11:43 AM

Jan 2007
TERESA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome episode. I knew she was gonna die but i forgot how. I'm glad that we have the backstory out of the way so now we can focus boack to the main plot. Looking forward to the next episode.
May 23, 2007 12:09 PM

Jan 2005
cyruz said:
Oh yeah, I wonder why she didn't attack Clare in the end. If you're a hungry devil, anything would do, right?
You need one to tell the story you know ;)
Awesome episode! Was really caught by surprise there (reminded me of when the first chevalier showed up in Blood+. soooooooo powerfull). Knew Teresa was going to die, and it was sad :(
The Ending Theme just gets better and better!!
May 23, 2007 1:33 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ufozile said:
cyruz said:
You need one to tell the story you know ;)

Haha, true. But that only explains why she's able to tell the story which equals the fact that Clare didn't get killed back then. Doesn't explain why =D .

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 23, 2007 2:52 PM

Nov 2004
noooooo =(

Te..... te....te....terr.... TERESA !!!!!!!

DEATH TO PRISCILLA !!!!!
May 23, 2007 3:25 PM

Jan 2007
awesome episode.
now teresa cant be a the _head_ of the organisation
not a good way to get a _head_ start.
*enter random austin powers joke here*
May 23, 2007 4:11 PM

Nov 2006
Aokaado said:
noooooo =(

DEATH TO PRISCILLA !!!!!

why do all the good characters die ........man......

May 23, 2007 4:26 PM

Aug 2006
Aokaado said:
noooooo =(

DEATH TO PRISCILLA !!!!!

LOL, well this was bound to happen some time. I was prepared for it. But damn Teresa was my favourite character in the series :(.
May 23, 2007 9:40 PM

Feb 2007
I was prepared for it.. yet, I was not... and so I was shocked.. even though I knew she was going to die........

The fighting in 7 was better (especially compared to the begining of 8), but that does not matter.. I was like "oh my, she's going to die.. how how! when when!" and then SLICE! her hands.. and then SLICE her head and I was like "what the crap!!" and then I remembered how I realized it was going to happen...............

Why did she die!?!?! *cries*
May 24, 2007 3:28 AM

Oct 2006
omerby said:
now teresa cant be a the _head_ of the organisation
not a good way to get a _head_ start.
you cracked me up :P

selective_yellow said:
I was like "oh my, she's going to die.. how how! when when!" and then SLICE! her hands.. and then SLICE her head and I was like "what the crap!!"
Why did she die!?!?! *cries*
yah "what the crap!!" is a good way to descibe it. I keep rewinding the scene in my head, which means, it was great. Even though they killed my favourite character, claymore went some points up after that.
Too bad they had to go and kill Irene too...

And from the beginning I knew she would have to die eventually.. (although I didn't want her too.). 'Coz there was no way she was going to let Clare become a claymore while she lived.

Now has a side note, Clare should let her hair grow long don't you think....? ^^
May 24, 2007 5:37 AM

Feb 2005
AHAHAHAHA!!
It is unbearably fun to see how people react when surprised like this...
But do not worry, there are plenty of other surprises, I even think the next episode will be quite surprising to you all...
May 24, 2007 11:26 PM

Feb 2007
Baman said:
AHAHAHAHA!!
It is unbearably fun to see how people react when surprised like this...
But do not worry, there are plenty of other surprises, I even think the next episode will be quite surprising to you all...

As I said, I was not surprised as it was fairly obvious to everyone that she had to die and I was 98% sure that this epsidoe was going to be the one.. but it still shocked me.....

On another note, on a death note.. note.. erm, it is kind of like when (first Death Note story arc, most people probably know this by now, but yeah)
and my friend told me before I read it and I wanted to kill him, so badly. Because he read it off some forum or something annoying like that.. Even so, when it happened it was still somewhat shocking. (and sad!!!@#$~$)
May 24, 2007 11:45 PM

Jan 2007
When I saw Priscilla trying to reach her sword I thought the slash we saw was going to be Countered by Teresa to kill Priscilla and then poor Teresa lost her hands and I was O.O WTF and then her head flies away the coolest character died T.T
May 25, 2007 12:37 AM

Apr 2007
I want to eat guts.
o_o
May 25, 2007 3:21 AM

Oct 2006
saif said:
When I saw Priscilla trying to reach her sword I thought the slash we saw was going to be Countered by Teresa to kill Priscilla and then poor Teresa lost her hands and I was O.O WTF and then her head flies away the coolest character died T.T
It's her fault for letting her guard down. She could only keep up with Priscila by releasing her powers too (10% if I recall right). She went back to normal status and her reflexes dropped, while Priscilla's speed/strength stayed the same. Thus, she didn't not have the reflexes to counter at the time. (that's a least my explanation ^_^.)
May 25, 2007 3:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Would also be my explanation. Btw, this is the first time I've seen 16 votes for a 'Loved It' without any other votes for a lower score.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 25, 2007 7:52 AM

Feb 2005
I guess that means we like our favourite characters best dead X3
May 25, 2007 8:14 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That indeed seems to be the case for a few *cough* weird *cough* people around here :3 .

Haha, I'm just joking..., maybe.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 25, 2007 8:27 AM

Apr 2007
+1 vote

I wanna congratulate the organization that hunts yoma for creating a new breed of yoma and on the same day loses their five best hunters,way to go!
May 25, 2007 10:09 AM

Oct 2006
Baman said:
I guess that means we like our favourite characters best dead X3
I don't think that's the case. What we all have to agree in is: They did it very well (killed her very well, if you want). The expression on Teresa's face when she realised what had just happened was priceless, and the just before and right after was brilliantly done as well imo.

If it shocks the viewers and manages to pull out emotions from them, then for me it's a great scene, independently of the fact that they just killed everyone's favourite character.

cyruz said:
That indeed seems to be the case for a few *cough* weird *cough* people around here :3 .

Haha, I'm just joking..., maybe.
lol cyruz.

MasterChief said:
I wanna congratulate the organization that hunts yoma for creating a new breed of yoma and on the same day loses their five best hunters,way to go!
Indeed. I'd like to know who occupies those positions now... maybe in the next episode, judging from the title. Though Clare is prolly in one of those positions.
May 25, 2007 10:34 AM

Nov 2004
If the organization doesn't have another branch with imba ppl they got a problem

n1 was insane
n2 was incredible
n3 was really good
n4 and 5 was quite crappy compared to the rest,

so if the rest are worse than these then gg =P
May 25, 2007 1:04 PM

Feb 2005
MasterChief said:

Oh, that is certainly not a record for them, I will tell you that much XD
As for Clares position, you will be surprised... I'm sure.
Added Irene, Priscilla and the coolest character ever in Claymore to the character list...Although it will be quite some time until Riful will make her appearance...
The next episode will be the first of "The Slashers" arc, chapter 25 in book 5...The manga is already at 12 volumes and counting...8 episodes makes 4 and a half volume so far then...And Riful won't appear until Volume 8... I assume that will be four episodes...
May 25, 2007 3:52 PM

Apr 2007
best ep so far!
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
May 25, 2007 5:10 PM

Mar 2007
This was pretty much . . . awesome. It seems impossible that Clare will be able to even scratch Priscilla later on as she obviously has to kill her now. But ya like all you others say, I replayed that scene several time in slow mo because it was so cool and fast, and yes Teresa does go back to 100% human before she gets killed. Look forward to the rest of the series. May there be many a more amazing plot twists!

Dibs on Ishida!
May 26, 2007 2:29 AM

May 2007
Pisses me off how Teresa died. Still, if she was going to die it was going to be a fluke way for it to happen. That's what happens when you let your guard down. She had her opportunity to finish it and she wasted it. Sad to see... well, the story continues.
May 26, 2007 5:42 AM
May 2007
Soooo Saddddd 4 Teresa :( but the best ep anyway ^^
May 26, 2007 3:01 PM

Mar 2007
I'm really, REALLY suprised, I'm thoroughly enjoying Claymore now, since Clare's past it's gotten better and better and now this has happened... how excellent.
May 28, 2007 10:03 PM

Apr 2007
Finally got around to watching the episode and thought it was really good.. I knew her death was coming and it still caught me off guard. First I'm thinking, less talk more head slicing and then.. oh shit. My mouth was open for the rest of the episode in how well done that was.. even though such a good character died :(
May 28, 2007 10:08 PM

May 2007
MistaNight said:
Finally got around to watching the episode and thought it was really good.. I knew her death was coming and it still caught me off guard. First I'm thinking, less talk more head slicing and then.. oh shit. My mouth was open for the rest of the episode in how well done that was.. even though such a good character died :(

For real... you knew it was going to happen, but didn't know when. Then, it a few quick seconds... slash... hands go... slice... off goes her head. Not much reaction other than the look of confusion after the hands came off.

I can honestly say that I really dislike Priscilla... just so naive and weak-hearted.
May 29, 2007 8:18 AM
Apr 2007
So when does episode 9 come out?
May 29, 2007 10:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mitheel said:

Soon.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 29, 2007 1:53 PM

May 2007
cyruz said:
Mitheel said:

Soon.

As soon and swiftly as Teresa's beheading.
May 29, 2007 1:55 PM

Oct 2006
mild_even said:
cyruz said:
Mitheel said:

Soon.

As soon and swiftly as Teresa's beheading.
lol...

anyway on another note. The full version of Claymore's ending single was released by Nipponsei... and it r0x! the english version kinda phails~ though...
May 29, 2007 2:37 PM

Feb 2005
Weee!
Have been trying to find it for some time.
Hopefully the Op will soon be out as well...
May 29, 2007 2:50 PM

Apr 2007
Mitheel said:

If its going to be the same as the past 8 episodes then tommorow.
Thanks for the head's up on the ED song.. off to dl it :P
May 29, 2007 3:41 PM

Apr 2007
Baman said:
Hopefully the Op will soon be out as well...

According to the upcoming list off the Nipponsei site the OP should be out June 6.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 2, 2007 1:24 PM
Feb 2005
is it bad that I laughed when I saw it happen ? :-)

Good show so far. Not much else to say. Xinil was getting angry with the flashbacks, good to know we are moving BACK TO THE FUTURE !! I mean... present... whatever. shut up it was a joke.
Jun 3, 2007 11:19 AM

May 2007
This episode was so evil 0_o
Poor Teresa =(
Jun 4, 2007 9:25 AM

Feb 2005
well, you know, evil is the new good! :D
Jun 7, 2007 9:31 AM

Mar 2007
Man I am so far behind damn, but finally been able too start watching anime episodes again and I so loved this episode up too the part where Terresa head got chopped sigh didn't wanted that too happen although I already knew it from the manga >.<
Jul 10, 2007 2:08 PM
May 2007
I am both sadened and shocked at Teresa's death. That was one of the most brilliant story arcs I have ever seen. They build up the character of teresa with all this situations just to make SURE that everybody absolutely loved her. And then at the ABSOLUTE ZENNITH of her coolness they kill her off in the most sudden way POSSIBLE!

That's good story telling right there! I was actually depressed for a good five minutes. That shit shouldn't happen! That bitch ain't real! But yet and still it did.

Battle Royale used the same story telling technique in the manga. They would make you fall in love with a character and then they would kill them off at the zennith of that love.

Fuck aeris! To hell with L! God damn Vegeta!

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO MAKE A GOD DAMNED TERESA SHRINE!!!

But yet and still, having Teresa live only in 5 short episodes and die has given her legendary status making her one of the greatest anime characters of all time.
"Genius is not thinking outside the box. It's realizing that their is no box and no end to human potential. More importantly, genius is OWNAGE!" - BOOK OF OWNAGE - OWNed Chapter - OWNed verse.
Aug 21, 2007 2:36 AM

Aug 2007
Aokaado said:
noooooo =(

DEATH TO PRISCILLA !!!!!

Never said better. Priscilla better get some serious pwnage later!!!

But I agree with some of the thoughts here -- it was a serious mistake on Teresa's part to let her guard down.

A frustrating plot cliche, if not done well, is the seeming victory of the protagonists who then let their guard down while surprise, surprise -> ebil isn't defeated yet!

But Teresa's death surprising -- I had a "wha...? Nooooooo!" moment here.

Edited: because of grammar errors. >_<

gothicpsycheAug 21, 2007 9:25 AM
Dec 11, 2007 3:26 PM

Dec 2007
Seriously, after finishing the episode one side of me was like "What?...."
And the other was asking "Happy now?"...

-=Real, 100% Lelouch Lamperouge Zealot=-
Jan 21, 2008 7:32 AM

Nov 2007
i wonder why priscilla didnt eat clare O_O
Feb 6, 2008 8:59 AM
Jan 2008
good episode, sad ending :P
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Claymore Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kayrhandros - Sep 26, 2007

414 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 7:36 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

cyruz - Sep 12, 2007

91 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Aug 21, 2007

79 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 23, 12:00 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Baman - Aug 8, 2007

92 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:24 AM

Poll: » Claymore Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - Jul 31, 2007

85 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Apr 21, 12:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.