Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 27, 2017 4:31 AM

Apr 2010
Mar 27, 2017 6:39 AM

May 2016
Ohhh come on ! It looks awesome when he use armatization of four elements. I wonder what game they will annouce. Maybe next Tales of ... joke.
Mar 27, 2017 7:04 AM

Sep 2016
Jakubajk said:
. I wonder what game they will annouce. Maybe next Tales of ... joke.

Zestiria is already released long ago
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2017 7:26 AM

May 2015
Nice episode for once, but seriously, a month delay for the finale of this show is ridiculous and not even worth it.. Kind of an average show, really. I honestly want this show to be finished already, but ok.

Mar 27, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2016
This episode is superb. It's a good job why they extend it to another episode and explain in this Episode why Heldalf becomes like that. If only they explain more about Velvet Crowe this series must have been more exciting. Plus Sorey's so cool combining the four Seraphims! ^^
I am not a friend of justice. I am an enemy of evil.

STAPLE STABLE
Mar 27, 2017 8:27 AM

May 2016
GangsterCat said:
Jakubajk said:
. I wonder what game they will annouce. Maybe next Tales of ... joke.

Zestiria is already released long ago
Ikr but Tales of Berseria was released last year
Mar 27, 2017 8:38 AM

Apr 2015
Kamiyan3991 said:
RedShade said:
happy because of her treatment that she get in the game

What treatment? She was useless right from start due to her low resonance. Use your damn loaf.
ps: i bet you love deus ex machina

Not that useless, i always love to have a tank in my squad. she's really is useful is you consider her as a tanker. and not to mention the mistake in first promotion. everyone, well not everyone thought that Alisha is the main heroine in the game. it not like i don't like the game at all. just a bit regret about her.
Mar 27, 2017 9:01 AM

Feb 2008
Thought this was the end. Now to wait another month...

I have enjoyed it, as someone who hasn't played any Tales games. Picked it because it was ufotable, made me sleep sometimes but liked the premise.

I think they took a long time to show the real identity of the Calamity Lord. Would have made things more interesting in previous episodes. Maybe I will score it 7 if the ending is full on shiny cgi animations.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Mar 27, 2017 9:07 AM

Aug 2012
ScarRufus said:
See you next month :D

whoa! super sayan sorey

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Mar 27, 2017 9:10 AM

Sep 2016

lel
it shoudl've been in game instead of some lame gun. i guess they have no idea how to set up the artes.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Mar 27, 2017 11:58 AM

Dec 2013
RedShade said:
Not that useless, i always love to have a tank in my squad. she's really is useful is you consider her as a tanker. and not to mention the mistake in first promotion. everyone, well not everyone thought that Alisha is the main heroine in the game. it not like i don't like the game at all. just a bit regret about her.

Tank, huh? She was like pure glass. No armatization, zero def, oh plz. And probably nobody knows how to use her spear.
Mistake, huh? Maybe for people who only saw an OVA. She was never supposed to be a main heroine. Heck, I'd probably drop the game in that case. Her character was even worse than Sorey's. Her gameplay was just awful. Welp, Alisha's like the worst character in this universe.

#teamEleanor
Mar 27, 2017 4:13 PM

May 2008
Kamiyan3991 said:
Her character was even worse than Sorey's. Her gameplay was just awful. Welp, Alisha's like the worst character in this universe.

How is that possible when her character is a female Sorey?
Mar 27, 2017 4:32 PM

Sep 2016
Sakarii said:
Kamiyan3991 said:
Her character was even worse than Sorey's. Her gameplay was just awful. Welp, Alisha's like the worst character in this universe.

pacifist annoying princess
CrossAnge

Mar 27, 2017 5:08 PM

May 2008
GangsterCat said:
Sakarii said:

I think you meant "pacifist annoying knight"? She never really came off as a princess to me...
Anyways, isn't that her initial character and what she was supposed to develop from? Even Sorey could be initially described similarly: pacifist happy naive country boy.
Mar 27, 2017 5:12 PM
Jul 2016
Maybe, it is the reason why they put the next episode at the end of April : https://mobile.twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/846013790277664768
Mar 27, 2017 8:18 PM

Jul 2015
And it doesn't end, and will not end for another month... Instead we got main baddy's back story and mega evolution avatar state. Whatever, I'll go ahead and score it now. 7/10. Story and characters are meh, and aside from Rose and Dezel, I really don't care about the characters. But my god some of this stuff is freaking gorgeous.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Mar 28, 2017 1:30 AM

Jul 2014
gofhilman said:
Maybe, it is the reason why they put the next episode at the end of April : https://mobile.twitter.com/hikaruufo/status/846013790277664768

They really delay it because there only "12 sunday" between january and march they wanted it originally to be one go , although they said it's for better they have some events on april 29 according to them

So yeah the new game most likely
Devil_SlayerMar 28, 2017 1:39 AM
Mar 28, 2017 6:13 AM
Mar 2013
wtf one month for rainbow sorey, still looking forward to this another timeline of sorey

why i demand for remake zestiria after see this avatar sorey and alisah armatiz
Mar 28, 2017 7:36 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Return to the great episode....Possibly the best of the second season with a solid plot, and nice flashback to understand better this story!!!

The action to join all the elements is a very comun, but eeffective!!! ;)
Mar 28, 2017 9:11 AM

Apr 2015
Sakarii said:
GangsterCat said:

I think you meant "pacifist annoying knight"? She never really came off as a princess to me...
Anyways, isn't that her initial character and what she was supposed to develop from? Even Sorey could be initially described similarly: pacifist happy naive country boy.

Hmm.. maybe i need to replay the game so that i have a better understanding to her character in the game. Because somehow, what Sakarii said sounds like true.. maybe in the game she's really is naive.. her and Sorey? Hmm...

Anyway, thanks for this discussion. it somehow open my eyes a bit about the situation in the game.
Mar 28, 2017 10:44 AM

Aug 2015
Nice episode! Can't wait for the finale.
Sadly we have to wait a month.
Mar 28, 2017 2:02 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
After Dezels heroic sacrifice last episode Sorey and the others are more determined than ever to finish this fight.

It is sad that Dezel had to use that tactic to cut open a path for them though.
Now isn't the time to feel remorse Sorey as doing so would only diminish Dezels actions. The slap from Rose was straight on though. Its nice that Rose isn't letting that get in the way of her duty as well too despite the fact that this must be hurting her more as well. The lord of calamity sure exhibits a lot of power and pressure though enough that even Sorey can sense it without seeing him. Zeveid was quick with the shield though and well timed as well. Hmm so in the past when the five lords awaken the earth would move as well too eh. Exactly like whats happening now as well then eh. Hmm surprise it's the lord of calamity thats being controlled here. Hmm so one of the five lords actually fell to the malevolence eh. The fight between the lord and the lord of calamity was pretty well done. So the lord of calamity actually has a name then eh. And at last the final battle is here. Sorey's seraphs and his squires against the might of the lord of calamity. Lailah's reaction to seeing the lord was a bit strange i wonder why.

Hmm to purify the lord of calamity by entering his mind eh. Well understanding the reason for him being the lord goes a long way to trying to undo the change though. Hmm so the previous Shepard knew the person that would later become the lord of calamity eh. It seems that both were quite popular in the village that they created then. So previous Shepard had the same goal as Sorey does eh. Of course for someone like Heldalf who seems to be a warrior peace to him must sound very foreign. To him there can never be peace between the two kingdoms. Hense his promise to protect the village was nothing more than a lie in the first place. To him using the village as a lure was a valid strategy for him to use to win this battle. This in turn also created malevolence that affected the member of the five lords that resided in the village as well. This is also what gave Lialah the power of purification as well eh. Heldalf's betrayal though sure killed a lot of innocent people. So thats how the previous Shepard died. Man the events that lead to his death was horrible. I can see why Sorey and Lailah was so shocked to see what had happened. And that was how the lord of calamity was born eh from a curse that was set by a vengeful Shepard that you caused.

The truth of the lord of calamity sure was surprising though. Sorey's determination to Purify him even all that has happened is admirable though. The combat scenes here are really good though especially the teamwork between Sorey and his allies. Without friends of course you will be lonely because you have no one to talk to and rely on. Sorey's travels have taught him a lot of things with the most important thing being that no one can be without friends that they can rely on. Hmm so even within the lord of calamity there was still a part of him that was not evil which is why he came all this way north. To lessen the damage that he will do to people eh. Hmm because of the curse he's not even allowed to reply back to Sorey's questions thus making it hard for Sorey to understand how to purify him. So Sorey's idea is to combine all the elements into one then in an attempt to purify the lord of calamity eh. If anything Sorey doesn't lack in motivation and determination to end this fight. To sustain all of the seraphs at once seems dangerous though but i guess that its the only way. The part where Sorey calls each of the seraphs and fuses with them at once was pretty cool. Really looking forward to the final battle next episode. Sorey's ultimate form looks pretty cool.

This episode i felt was pretty good. Both the lead up and the battle with the lord of calamity was well done and the revelation about the lord was pretty surprising.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 28, 2017 5:14 PM

Oct 2016
I've been trying to finish this anime every episode by just sliding each scene. Looks like I failed since the most important aspect of an action anime was utterly ignored on this adaptation.

Imagine, the MC / heroines almost died fighting a single dragon let alone face the Malevolence king, but after 2-3 episodes of TRAVELLING... he suddenly got uber strong and can fight multiple dragons with 1 slash and malevolence king without much 'training' whatsoever.

Okay enough rant, the only aspect that saved this adaptation is its art and CG... unfortunately, the story on S2 is such a mess that I dropped it @ this episode. Shame.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 28, 2017 8:08 PM

Mar 2009
Ufotable sure likes delaying their final episodes...
Mar 29, 2017 1:27 PM
Oct 2013
I was also surprised. For a split second, I thought there's a 3rd season. lol
Mar 29, 2017 7:57 PM

Oct 2008
Final Showdown Armatization was a cliffhanger!
4/5.

Mar 31, 2017 7:59 PM

Mar 2013
Aw, man, a whole month until the next episode? D: Hopefully its an hour-long finish.
Apr 1, 2017 5:02 AM

May 2016
What is this avatar vibe?
Apr 4, 2017 8:58 PM

Aug 2012
This episode just flew by. When the ending song started kicking in, I was like wait what?! Already? D:
Apr 8, 2017 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Rainbow!Sorey aka Captain Planet. Liked the episode although there were some parts that left me all like "Wait, he's just gonna stand there and let them do that?"

April 29th? Time doesn't pass fast enough ;-;
Apr 8, 2017 9:52 AM

Mar 2016
There were several bad things in this episode tbh :
Quadruple armatization was never a thing in game.
They left the most important revelation from Heldalf's backstory

But i guess they might include it in the final which is already delayed
Finally, making a contract and talking for 4 minutes in front of the villain. I'd let it slide if it was only a min, but this, Nope.
Apr 9, 2017 5:43 AM
Mar 2017
The Episode was Good , i just hope the ending will be beter explained than in the game tbh and hopefully the last episode will be 1 hour + long :P or else i dont see them putting all the stuff thats left to be explained in 1 episode & Maybe we will see Tales of Berseria Anime Adapation Teaser Since that Manga is already Running :p
Apr 10, 2017 4:48 AM

Jan 2014
my curiousity has been answered in this episode.
I always wondering what it's look like if 4 seraphim arm into 1 in the same time. quite dissapointed though, the color only changed in hair, ear, hands, and some parts of body. I thought it would be rainbow, or colorful wing or something lol
Apr 16, 2017 11:05 AM

Dec 2012
It was intense, I'm so mad to have to wait two weeks.
Apr 24, 2017 2:24 AM
Mar 2012
Short albino Lord fight was too messy, but nice design.
Good to finally see backstories of Michael & Mr. Calamity (#hedidnuthingwrong #justduinhisjobu).
But if the #4evralone curse worked, how did he get a loyal loli mage?
I like how the 4 elements plus Sorey's idealistic naive heart formed Captain Planet to fight pollution.
few more days till the end
Apr 25, 2017 8:17 AM
Sep 2016
Where the hell can we find the last episode? Ive been looking for a week and still nothing...
What kind of king makes is men fight at the front lines while he sits behind them relaxing?
-No game No life

Natsu wanted to be a king.... So oni-chan got an empire. Natsu & Zeref
-Fairy Tail
Apr 26, 2017 1:21 PM
Mar 2017
Its not out yet , it comes 29 April :P
May 21, 2017 11:35 AM

May 2012
Fantastic episode, I really do wonder what the last episode of this second season will have to offer!
Aug 27, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2013
"Guys, We need a fusion digivolve to defeat this Leomon!!"
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Dec 19, 2017 3:46 AM

Mar 2015
That ending was awesome! Looking forward to a good final showdown!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Mar 31, 2019 10:11 PM

Feb 2018
Sorey used the form of four angels.
Aug 15, 2020 12:07 PM

Nov 2016
Wait so the previous shepherd is unintentionally the one who caused all of this because he let his emotions get the better of him??? Yikes that's kinda cringe and also y tf did the calamity lord guy just let Sorey transform for 2 mins in front of him.
CPU: i7 6700 | GPU: GTX 1070 | RAM: 16GB | HD: 1TB | Moderators are mean! | D. Gray Man Hallow is UNDERRATED!

Jul 15, 2021 8:18 AM

May 2018
So now we see Hadalf's backstory. He is definitely evil. Let's hope he is defeated quickly so we can see what Edna's onii-chan looks like at the end haha
Apr 13, 2022 12:15 AM

Feb 2020
Quite intense episode.

Heldalf's backstory was interesting.
Aug 13, 2023 1:27 AM

Jan 2020
What the hell was that debate between Sorey and the Lord of Calamity?
It made absolutely no sense at all and was a pure collection of stock phrases.
Boiled down it's  like this.

Lord: "You have no idea what true loneliness feels like"
Jesus Sorey: "THIS IS WHY HUMANS HAVE BONDS!"
Lord: Bonds make us weak.

Wait you started this argument by saying you were desperate for bonds, so why say the opposite at the end? And Sorey retorted with saying that Bonds are what make people strong, which is the same as telling a disabled person (Heildaf is cursed to never experience bonds, so there is no way for him to even form them) who laments about not having functioning legs that walking is the thing that pushes humans forward.

Either the translations were faulty, or the entire argument makes no sense and Sorey is being a dick.

No Blood. No Bone. No Ash.
Aug 16, 2023 5:00 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
“WAAH WAAH WAAH you don’t understand me or the pain of eternal solitude!”

Stfu Kittybeard, you brought it upon yourself.
LeonhartAugustAug 16, 2023 5:03 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Apr 29, 2017

179 by hihappy »»
Aug 18, 2023 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2017

93 by LeonhartAugust »»
Aug 16, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 26, 2017

93 by Sasutaschi »»
Aug 6, 2023 12:55 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

72 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 6:05 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

85 by Dawizz »»
Nov 16, 2022 12:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.