Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2010 1:44 PM

Sep 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
WoW! Pretty good movie =) (n fanservice xPP)

I was like i(Warning few this at ur own risk, I'm not responsible for anything spoiled on you by this)
@_@ He's gonna say "Gear Second" ((Which is impossible since I knew this movie was a lil' older, n those events happens like a year after it

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Apr 21, 2010 9:31 AM

Nov 2007
lmao fanservice movie
May 12, 2010 11:44 AM

Aug 2009
Not the best One Piece movie, IMHO. The villain was lame and his evil plan was stupid beyond belief (I mean, taking over the world using a giant turtle? Seriously?). Still, there were a bunch of funny moments that kinda made up for it.

6/10
"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good. It's never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!" you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the only really arrow-proof helmet!"

-- Rincewind gives a speech on politics. (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)
Dec 2, 2010 3:28 PM

Feb 2009
7/10 for this one.
cafe-kun said:
lmao fanservice movie

This.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Mar 29, 2011 11:14 AM

May 2010
Okay, so the only notable aspect in the movie is... jiggly boobs! 0_0 haha man o' man! the movie version of one piece out shines the boobage factor of nami and robin! haha
another aspect i didn't like was chopper's voice.. it was different :-(
and lastly, Ratchet is a million miles out of luffy's league as a main villain haha
Apr 22, 2011 4:23 PM

Jun 2009
I enjoyed it, sans for Nami's bouncing boobs. It was amusing that the villain was lame and I think that was kind of the point, because the Straw Hat's never ever took him seriously in case you didn't notice.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jun 28, 2011 4:35 PM

Jul 2010
Sigh.. so much fanservice... but at least they used the normal art style, the previous movie was horrible, some characters there looked liked they were drawn by a 4 year old kid... Choppers voice kinda bothered at the begin but it was okay later on ^^

I really liked the movie, the best one so far imo :D Luffy was awesome, just a bit funnier than usual _O_ Him finding so much clues was priceless _O_ It was just that Nami was a bit annoying, too much fanservice, too much useless violence (I don't know how often she smacked Luffy, Chopper and Usopp -_-) and too useless most of the time... but well Luffy pretty much made up for that ^^ I liked the ending a lot, the combined attack from Luffy Zoro and Sanji was so cool! Seems like Luffy discovered some kind of power up hehe ^^

8/10
Nov 12, 2011 11:40 PM

Feb 2011
couldn't stop looking at Nami's and Robin's rack all the movie...
Aug 20, 2012 9:57 AM

Jul 2011
Awesome! Not quite as good as previous one, but this movie is just hour and a half of pure undiluted fun. Also, no annoying children as main new characters for a change. The only little problem was unfamiliar Chopper voice, that's all. Compared to all Naruto and Bleach movies this one is masterpiece. 10/10
OrangeHollow.png
Sep 18, 2012 9:31 AM
Apr 2010
One of the worst One Piece movies for me.I just couldn't enjoy any part of it.
Jul 11, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2009
Enjoyable i guess. But Chopper voice was unbearable. And this is the first time i realise that chopper actually speak that much. Did chopper really talk that much in the anime?
Oct 11, 2013 7:11 PM
Aug 2011
Boobs galore and I even saw a bit of a Gainax bounce going on there somewhere.

shinki7 said:
Enjoyable i guess. But Chopper voice was unbearable. And this is the first time i realise that chopper actually speak that much. Did chopper really talk that much in the anime?

Chopper in this movie has a different voice actress so maybe that's why you found him more unbearable than what you usually do.

This movie was one of the worst OP movies.
Still not as bad as the cursed sword one but only because this one didn't take itself too seriously.

Nothing will top the movie before this one (Baron Omatsuri) though. That one is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.
Jul 15, 2014 12:04 PM

Dec 2012
Major step down from the last movie.
Aug 28, 2014 2:54 AM

Oct 2013
Good movie 7/10

Jun 19, 2015 12:44 PM

Mar 2015
Nice Tits...
Probably the weakest OP movie imo
Oct 25, 2015 9:33 PM

Jun 2013
I hope all the movies from here on out have this many titties bouncing.

Dec 12, 2015 12:39 PM

Mar 2015
Choppers voice sounded a off.

So much mecha, not enough "Supaa!". I dont know why they didnt wait until after the water 7/ enies lobby arc to make this movie so they could have put Franky in. Thos robots at the end were nothing compared to General Franky.

Robin looks wayy hotter after the timeskip. Zoro looks strangely skinny.

The villains didnt look particularly strong or scary. Idk how he planned to take over the world with a giant turtle. Someone like Whitebeard could easily take that down without breaking a sweat

Luffy is called "captain" a lot more than usual. It feels odd.

The turtle shitting out the egg at the end was kind of gross

Kaizoku did a great job subbing as always

7.5/10
Dec 15, 2015 4:14 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
cafekun said:
lmao fanservice movie

Jul 19, 2016 7:52 AM

Mar 2015
Wow. Nami's boobs!! :OOO <3

Other than that, another good OP movie!

8/10
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 24, 2016 10:16 AM

Oct 2015
One of the better OP movies out there, along with the two previous ones (5 and 6. 6 being the best so far). The story in this one was pretty good for a movie. And a satisfying ending, 7/10
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Aug 28, 2016 10:50 AM

Sep 2014
Ok movie. This one is lot less serious and dark than the previous one lol and everybody suddenly got boob job :D

Luffy's fortress destroying kick was awesome since it took both zoro and sanji to stop it
Mar 22, 2017 1:27 AM

Aug 2012
This movie almost feels like a direct response of movie 6 in a way, like they intentionally made the polar opposite of that film here. While I love Movie 6 way more than this one, or any of the other One Piece films I've seen thus far, I still thought this one was really good. I loved the first hour or so of the film, I thought it might even become my second favorite film from the franchise.

Personally, they just nailed the humor. I loved watching our cast embark on this treasure adventure, attempting to solve a riddle where all the solutions turned out to just be stupid puns. I absolutely loved Chopper's attempt at solving the the two moons puzzle "We have to stay under their for two months", lmao. There was also a lot of ton dumb gags all throughout, my favorite was Luffy screaming out intensely "Nami", only for it to be revealed that it was over a little robot that carries tea. The whole first hour of the movie is a ton of stupid fun, and it was definitely funnier than any other movie.

The last half hour definitely kept the absurd funny edge, ending on a "giggle, giggle" and everyone calling out the idiot world domination plan was great and all. But I don't know, I felt we spent too long defeating the main antagonists and resolving the plot for how clear it was that thy were no match. There were some funny moments throughout and cool action moments but overall I was starting to lose interest in the last half. Not enough to drastically alter my thoughts on the film but it does enough to remove it as my second favorite One Piece film.

Other quick notes; Chopper's voice was annoying at points, couldn't be helped with maternity leave and all but worth mentioning; Mother's Love (WARNING, if you click the video, just keep it another tab to listen, youtube might generate spoiler videos on the side and the comments contain spoilers to the current manga arc) coming from here was a surprise, another favorite track of mine, weird how it was initially used to punctuate a joke (it was the only notable track in the film though, really lacked there); I could've done without the fanservice but it wasn't really intrusive and kinda meshed with the more ridiculous tone of the flick so whatever; their were some definite visual highlights, expressions were on top form here and I loved the shot of Robin watching the arrows fall after Zoro took care of them; that said the CGI was terrible. Overall, 7/10 from me. Which is basically where all One Piece films land for me.
Apr 20, 2017 7:43 PM

Dec 2016
Not too amazing of a story but still a fun watch, as nearly all One Piece things are!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
May 7, 2017 9:49 PM

Oct 2014
Meh. Step down from the last movie. Saw the turtle coming from the weird turtle pose at the start. Boring villain who was way too arrogant and could be beaten by basically anyone. The humor was okay and the nice move at the end was cool. Chopper's voice was a major turn off.

4/10.
Aug 24, 2017 7:05 PM

Oct 2016
Disliked the movie the second Nami's boobs bounced. This shit is not One Piece, and people were trashing movie 6 for being "too off character"...

Chopper's voice were another turn off, and with this useless villain... the worst movie yet, at least movie 5 had some nice sword action.
Mar 18, 2018 5:20 AM

Oct 2017
The old granny was kinda cute and that emotional moment with the butler. Luffy's BAKOOKAAAA!!! Was something very cool, cuz I really love Luffy's fighting moments, although the villain was kinda lame.
''We have to live a life with no regrets.'' -By Portgas D. Ace
Oct 10, 2018 1:45 PM

Jun 2016
Second best movie up to this point easily but that's not saying a lot. To be fair the first hour was great! It was a formula switch up that we don't normally get in the movies or in the anime itself. It was a good old classic treasure hunt following cheesy riddles around a trap-ridden island. I seem to recall movie 1 was somewhat like this but here it was especially well done with the formula break of having the villains work with the Straw Hats on the journey. Those villains were quirky and lame and worked fine when they were not focused on as the major focus of the film, they only added to the dynamic of the crew on the treasure hunt. They were however not strong enough to carry for interesting motives, characters, or fights to make the last half an hour interesting. It was like all that fun adventuring and formula breaking had vanished for a generic fight with the forgettable bad guys whom no one here will remember in a few days just because all the movies have to end that way. I really wanted the formula to stay weird and have the villains conflict with the Straw Hats be solved with words or one quick confrontation. They weren't all bad though, as I said, as minor villains they were quirky and fun and totally lame, I mean they wanted to rule the world with a giant turtle. Just, as major villains their 1D nature shows and you get sick of them immediately.

I thought the adventuring was simple but very fun! It was something that would be great as a wind-down arc in the anime. During that fun riddle solving adventure, the characters felt perfectly in character, something most of the films struggle with, all of them giving some wonderful laughs. Moments like when they opened the cave and Usopp and Luffy had the conversation "Let's go in the cave!", "Right now?", "Right now!", Usopp starts furiously sweating had me laughing super hard. Or like when they were having the dinner with the villains and Nami was having that intense back and forth with Skinny Glasses guy and Luffy yelled "NAMI!!!", got everyone attention and concern, "THIS PUPPET IS CARRYING TEA!". And speaking of Nami she was so excellent this movie!!! She was the one keeping everyone in line when they were solving the riddles, she called out the old lady for lying to them like a gangster, she had that super intense meeting with Skinny glasses and told them they knew nothing- refused to fall into his trap- and even got them working under her finger. She was excellent. Robin helping solve the riddles as well made me appreciate what Robin brings to the table. Before she was part of the crew tame, intelligent conversations on what their next move should be, were rare if they ever happened. She brings that to the table with her dynamic with Nami.

That all said, this was a great movie to showcase the fun adventures of the Straw Hats chasing after a hidden treasure, the adventure was fun and relaxed, the Straw Hats were awesome together, it was a perfect cool down story that could have fit in the anime easily. However, that's basically all it was, the town wasn't explored, the giant turtle was a shallow idea to make the movie feel big(although it's CG eye was awesome), the supporting characters weren't memorable and didn't offer nearly anything to the table, and the last half an hour kinda blew. Movie 4 is still the best no question, it had a rule of cool awesome story with the best villains out of any of the movies Candy Crocodile and Needles, it had excellent supporting characters who developed as the story went on in an engaging way, it was seriously awesome. This one struggled in the villain department, the character department, and the story department, but it still had some great and fun things it brought to the table that you may not even get in the anime series sometimes! I'd certainly recommend this one, Movie 4, and Movie 3 and tell fans of the series to skip the rest.

Lastly, the fan service in the movies is hilarious! Oda may be a pervert with his female character designs, but at least he's classy! This movie had some shots and jiggly physics that were laughable.

And don't forget this butt shot we got in the 4th movie either!

Luckily those and Chopper's voice being different didn't take away the good from the movie, or really worsen the bad. It's just something worth mentioning.

6/10
Feb 2, 2019 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
So here is were he got the idea for the Gear Second.
Jul 29, 2020 2:56 PM

Oct 2009
634754 said:

Yep, same over here
Oct 23, 2020 5:50 AM

Sep 2019
So this is where Luffy used his second gear (learn to use) for the first time.

5/10.
Oct 23, 2020 5:51 AM

Sep 2019
Serhiyko said:
634754 said:

Yep, same over here
now that's what I call quality content
Feb 10, 2021 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
Chopper's voice was weird.
Nami and Robin were so hot in this movie, boobs giggles were top tier.
Feb 13, 2021 11:39 PM

May 2016
Nami's badonkadonks were a character of their own right in this movie and I appreciate that lmao

It was great to see Robin have a bigger contribution to the team before Enies Lobby and that moment where Luffy used Gear Second without realizing what it actually was really surprised me!

Feb 22, 2021 10:45 PM

Mar 2010
Turtle eyes creeped me out. Decent movie. Lol at the meme of Zoro being in front\getting lost.
Jun 6, 2021 8:48 AM

May 2019
The movie was fine. The 4th is still the best.
Dec 13, 2021 8:25 AM

Dec 2020
that was such a silly dumb movie but yk what i liked it a lot. villain was stupid as shit, reminded me of vector but no real backstory and honestly im glad it was that way. he was just so bad as a villain but really entertaining, so if they were to give him some bullshit sobstory id flip off

nami and robin's tits bouncing outta nowhere LMFAO couldn't stop laughing whenever those happened its just so random

this was after the water 7 arc(?) i think, pretty sure the va was on maternity leave there so it wasn't that surprising to me. not really used to it but it wasn't unbearable
Dec 18, 2021 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
The movie wasn't bad but it was very unremarkable. There wasn't really much sense of tension because the villains were a joke. Also choppers voice and the random boob physics were off putting. Honestly just felt like a joke movie lmao.

I didn't hate watching it but it wasn't very exciting - honestly like a long filler episode or something. Eh.
Jun 14, 2022 6:23 PM

Nov 2010
Nami is extra violent in this movie. I think this is the most I've seen her beat up Luffy. lol

I wish Frankie was with them when they went to this island. I wonder how he would've reacted to these inferior contraptions.

This movie feels more like One Piece compared to the previous one, but still kinda boring because the villains are lame. That quasi-Gear 2nd woke me up a bit though. 7/10
Jun 24, 2022 5:07 AM

Sep 2018
Quite a good comedic film, but was pretty boring overall and dragged a little in the second half. 6/10.
Aug 4, 2022 2:51 AM

Apr 2020
This is a short and pretty casual One Piece adventure. Legendary Luffy vs Ratchet theme. That alone makes it somewhat decent to watch! [Second Gear?!]

Mar 13, 2023 2:23 AM
Sep 2021
They made this movie looked like Fairy Tail, oh my god🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️
The fanservice is a bit too over like FT, & zoro acting like gray here creeps the shit out of me(like when he freaked out at a giant turtle, isn't zoro the bravest chad out there?)
Apr 3, 2023 7:50 AM
May 2022
boring storyline, predictable
Jun 15, 2023 1:59 AM

Aug 2019
You can clearly see how much the animation has improved.

It was another interesting movie. I don’t know how to feel about the villain. He was kind of a flat character, with nothing much going on. Overall, I enjoyed seeing the straw hats being chaotic as always. 
Sun_ChanJun 15, 2023 2:04 AM
Jul 20, 2023 6:44 AM
Oct 2019
Dude, whoever did this movie was Horny af.
everytime Nami move a little bit, Nami Booba Jiggle. LMAO
I can't focus to read the subs.

Chopper VA was different, i remember couple episodes of Enies Lobby Chopper VA was also changed as well.

Story was meh, the Villain just lame.
I thought we gonna get cool Mecha, but it was disappointing.
but wow there is a little tease about Luffy Second Gear right here.

6/10 for the fanservice.
Mar 29, 11:30 AM

Jun 2017
i loved the quirky personality of the villain and his cohorts .It is a light hearted take on One piece world with plenty of sneak peaks of Oppais.

More topics from this board

» Choppers voice

Sam_J - Oct 13, 2008

5 by BlackWarrior »»
Sep 4, 2018 4:26 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.