Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 17, 2017 8:16 PM
Jul 2018
Both OP & ED are too worse ever I seen so far from Gohands! Never thought they would do such amaturish theme.(Not even halfer closer to K theme)

Meh that innocent boy started with to kill someone such murdous way? haha,

Hm! I must admit his parent's chemistry is the best sofar in this anime!

Why would they need to add such detail!!! bath scene was not neccessary at all!
Overall this plot is moving so slow rate!!

Am the only one who thinks that the picture(which was his sister) was something weird? {notice at his sister's face!}

Why cant just MC be happy that he has got a replacement for his old sister!!
Jan 17, 2017 9:54 PM

Sep 2014
Boring episode, but man is it a lot better than the first. Although being better than absolute garbage is not hard, now is it?

I really dislike most of the characters aside from the parents.

The Parents were actually the highlight of the episode, very cute together.

A massive negative to the fights I'd say is the opponents get off scot-free, at least that isn't the case for the MC.

Cishet said:
This thing couldn't get worse.
*Gets worse*

Well, I'm gonna complaint a little. After all that's the only reason I keep watching this.
-So, it was stated like five times that the girl would die if he lets go of her hand, but generic MC number 972732 let go of her two times and she is still alive. How does that work? Serious question.
-I'm pretty sure Japan have no idea how brazilian people look. It's not like an albino couldn't be brazilian, but come on!
-Whose parents let their children in the bathroom with someone of the opposite sex?
-Please kill the professor. He's annoying as fuck.
-So there are hand shakers all around the world, but all of them happen to be Japanese? Ok...
-How the fuck does professor know all those things?
-The OP looks ugly as fuck.
-Overall, this felt like a filler episode.

But let me say something positive: it's nice to see a MC with both parents alive. Seriously.

Agreed with everything you said. Pretty much summed up everything perfectly.
GokuJan 17, 2017 9:57 PM
Jan 17, 2017 10:04 PM

Dec 2016
Small step up from the first episode I guess... dudes parents are kinda cool I guess... Koyori is cute a little I guess... Sorta know whats going on now I guess...

Ah who am I kidding, this is a fuckfest of random colors thrown on the screen and this episode was really boring. I feel the first episode was meant to be exciting, and it turned out terrible, and this episode was meant as an infodump, and it turned out meh. I guess if the show stays boring it will stay meh and not be completely terrible....maybe xD

I am just hoping some interesting characters come into play, bc if they don't this will go nowhere fast.
Jan 17, 2017 10:57 PM

Oct 2012
This was quite a bit better than the first ep for me and a decent bit more enjoyable. I think they just tried to cram in way too many forms of exposition into that first ep and tried to make them blend together more with some well known tropes, but unfortunately it ended up seeming really weird, jarring and hard to watch.

This ep was nice for developing Tazuna and Koyori's chemistry. We don't have a lot for them yet but we did learn some things. I'm grateful to the studio for making Koyori a fast learner, I would've been pretty distraught if she ended up being a mute clutz type of character.

Loli enters the battle, hoping that they fight more as a trial of sorts and both groups retain their power afterwards and form an alliance or friendship of some kind. I want these new 'friends' to stay relevant.

I'm definitely enjoying it more now, looking forward to seeing what's up with Chizuru and Hayate.
I'm also intrigued by Kodama, who has only appeared in the OP so far, but she seems like a whimsical and ostensibly powerful character.
gust11Jan 17, 2017 11:01 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 18, 2017 12:19 AM

May 2013
ZIGGURATO! NIMRODO! BABEL!

Nope, still sucks tremendous ass.

Jan 18, 2017 1:21 AM
Jan 2017
Cishet said:
-So, it was stated like five times that the girl would die if he lets go of her hand, but generic MC number 972732 let go of her two times and she is still alive. How does that work? Serious question.
This is the reasoning given in the show:

Being outside ziggurat and in the real world drains her energy. If she goes too long without holding hands to "recharge" she'll fade away and disappear. So she WILL die. Eventually. Someday. How long that takes is unknown. We went from her surviving what could be months if not years in a hospital bed without contact to "you absolutely must hold her hand while she pees," so expect it to take exactly as long as the plot demands at any given point.
Jan 18, 2017 2:05 AM

Oct 2016
NightmarishNeko said:
I hate this show, I hate it, but I will force myself through it because I hate to drop anime.

Same here. I'll just finish it see where this train wreck is headed to.
Jan 18, 2017 2:37 AM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
It got worse. From confusing battles but interesting, yet not necessarily good animation down to romcom shenanigans and a convoluted series of events. That's just dumb.
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Jan 18, 2017 2:40 AM

May 2010
This thing is still as absurd as last week, but it's unexpectedly fun. (I totally mean the bathroom scene)
Jan 18, 2017 2:59 AM

Oct 2016
how awkward to hold hands all the time .. still meh for me ..
Jan 18, 2017 4:48 AM

Feb 2014
This episode improved from last week, but considering how bad the first episode was, a small improvement isn't really good enough.

The animation was also better as well, mostly because of the lack of any fighting scenes whatsoever. It still has moments where it goes a bit awkward and such every now and then though.

Although the art style is fine, it doesn't mesh well with the CGI backgrounds that much. =/

There were positives though. The soundtrack is still good, the OP and ED songs are also good, Tazuna's parents are very likeable and the bathroom scene, although heavily cliched, was still funny.

So yeah, I won't be dropping this at all, even if it gets worse to the end. Regardless of my 'Logic' behind my choice, I'd rather listen to one person's opinion of a show they that watched fully and hates it compared to someone who dropped it after 2-3 episodes and read spoilers for the rest of the show in order to make his or her opinion more believable.
Jan 18, 2017 6:48 AM

Mar 2009
Lack of bondage girl, so this episode wasn't as good as the first one.
Jan 18, 2017 7:07 AM

Aug 2016
"If you let go of her hand, she'll die"
*let's go of her hand to take off clothes*

If you were really desperate, wouldn't you just not bathe. I mean it's gross, but it's not like it's the end of the world. And speaking of lack of logic, if you let go of her hand, the professor said she wouldn't die immediately, but eventually. I'm pretty sure every human being dies eventually. Will she die in a couple weeks? Years?
Jan 18, 2017 7:57 AM

Aug 2016
I still like this series a lot :D, but seriously, a mean score of 5.27....
Nanika ga Okashii
Jan 18, 2017 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
OK. The animation for this episode was a bit better compared to the 1st one.
I was expecting to see the Noire-looking girl in this episode but I guess it was only in the opening song for this episode.
Still a lot of questions that are not answered yet though.
The concept of "If you let go of her hand, she will die" was the one that made me curious about this anime. I am curious as to what amount of time (either accumulated or during an instance) is she going to die from not handshaking. I hope that mystery will be answered as soon as possible.
Well, both the opening and ending songs were nice though.
One more episode for me to totally decide if I will continue watching this or not.
I am quite interested of not the actual story (the story seems weird to me), but how are they going to do things with handshaking most of the time.:v
footmasterJan 18, 2017 8:32 AM
Jan 18, 2017 9:07 AM

May 2016
After first ep i thought about dropping but after this ep i know that im gonna watch it till the end with a smile on face.
Jan 18, 2017 9:11 AM

Aug 2016
I think I'm dropping it, I just kinda skipped through to see if something was going to happen but no I don't think its going to hold up for me. I don't like to drop but I'll probably come back and see how people will rate it after it has finished airing
Jan 18, 2017 10:28 AM

May 2012
The anime is not that bad. It underrated in my opinion

Also, people keep talking about animation like if it is the most important think in anime. I personally did not find the animation to be bad at all
Jan 18, 2017 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
the OP is so meh this episode was really stupid and akward sure we understood a little about what this is about but that bath scene meh
Jan 18, 2017 11:45 AM
Jul 2015
The problem here is, the boy is holding the girl’s left hand at dinner. They go to the bathroom, and he is suddenly holding her right hand. Keep your shit together.
Jan 18, 2017 1:46 PM
Jan 2012
Better than last week, but thats not really hard

Dialogue is pretty horrible, the first few mins after the OP was just trash

Almost don't care, I'll watch episode 3 for Koyori but if it doesn't get better its getting dropped

thepath said:
Also, people keep talking about animation like if it is the most important think in anime. I personally did not find the animation to be bad at all

Animation is this episode was pretty good, just the dialogue was horrible:

"I don't understand
no
even if I did understand makihara-sensai
But I don't understand"

The way he said that part was terrible, sure there was "..."'s in the subtitles to show he was going to say something after Sensai, but the way he said it, and the emotions shown just sounded like he was talking casually w/out any breaks.

Maybe I was watching it wrong, but it seemed like he was reading from a script rather than being someone/something

Hard to explain
ShadowcatukJan 18, 2017 1:53 PM
Nyan!
Jan 18, 2017 1:52 PM

May 2009
CZPsycho said:
The problem here is, the boy is holding the girl’s left hand at dinner. They go to the bathroom, and he is suddenly holding her right hand. Keep your shit together.

If you read the subtitles you would notice that they don't need to hold whole time.
Jan 18, 2017 1:59 PM

Feb 2008
smartie344 said:

It would be extremely painful

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jan 18, 2017 2:00 PM
May 2016
This episode was really bad. I mean the first one was bad, but it had slight likability. This episode was boring and pretty half-baked.

The way the scientist worded his statement on koyori(I think that's her name) disappearing, made it sound like she'd be gone in an hour to a few years, which is enough toime to bath by yourself. They didn't really give a good estimate of time.

The fact that main character's parent just hand wave this is really bad. I mean our characters were at a hospital previously. They could've emailed the parents saying that main character had to be there for testing, which makes more, because the scientist guy would be able to study them. I could also excuse main character from school, which is more sensible, but I guess it goes against their vision of an anime pandering to the lowest common denominator.
Jan 18, 2017 2:31 PM

Aug 2016
ZetaZaku said:
smartie344 said:

It would be extremely painful

I was just quoting what the professor said, as Tazuna did let go of her hand, and she looked fine.
smartie344Jan 19, 2017 4:56 AM
Jan 18, 2017 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
Call me crazy, but I really enjoyed this episode, I like the two MCS relationship, and I find them to be really sweet.
I means it's not great, but cmon, it's not that bad.
Jan 19, 2017 3:40 AM

Jun 2016
Dont know why it already has a low rating. I'm enjoying it so far. While watching, also thought Koyori's appearance somewhat resembles that of Kanade from Angel Beats.
Jan 19, 2017 5:18 AM

Jul 2013
Cishet said:
This thing couldn't get worse.
*Gets worse*

Well, I'm gonna complaint a little. After all that's the only reason I keep watching this.
-I'm pretty sure Japan have no idea how brazilian people look. It's not like an albino couldn't be brazilian, but come on!
-Whose parents let their children in the bathroom with someone of the opposite sex?
-Please kill the professor. He's annoying as fuck.
-So there are hand shakers all around the world, but all of them happen to be Japanese? Ok...
-How the fuck does professor know all those things?
-The OP looks ugly as fuck.
-Overall, this felt like a filler episode.

But let me say something positive: it's nice to see a MC with both parents alive. Seriously.

Guy in Brazil has many whites half the population. I am white and I live in the south of the country where the largest white population is concentrated.
You do not know anything about Brazil.
OtakEcchiSeinenJan 19, 2017 5:42 AM
Jan 19, 2017 6:11 AM

May 2016
What a boring episode, but at least the camerawork didn't make me feel sick this time.

Lots of nonsensical exposition from the prof at the beginning (who is really annoying), then some unbelievable set up at the MC's house (yeah, sure she's a transfer student because everyone knows that foreigners don't know how to eat or take a bath or speak at all or let go of someone's hand) just to force in some painful fan service. The backgrounds look nice, but half of the characters look like they were created in flash.

I'm dropping this one, I might come back to it later if it suddenly improves.
Jan 19, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2015
rTatsuhiro said:

Guy in Brazil has many whites half the population. I am white and I live in the south of the country where the largest white population is concentrated.
You do not know anything about Brazil.

It's not the skin color alone. Is a matter of body build too. Does your face look like the one of a Japanese? I don't think so.

You just lost the game
Jan 19, 2017 11:51 AM
Feb 2015
Cishet said:
JGChaves said:

Besides that, Brazil is probably the best country for Koyori's cover story. Brazil saw the settlement of a large number of japanese immigrants in the beginning of the 20th century, and it is currently the country with the largest ethnic Japanese population outside Japan.

So yeah, a third generation Japanese immigrant from Brazil? More likely than you think.

I had no idea about the Japanese thing, so forget what I said.

Although I still find the "she comes from other country" thing kinda silly because she doesn't know portuguese for shit and her facial features are probably the ones of a japanese. If the point of the lie was covering the fact that she can't talk they could just said that she was mute. She understands japanese after all. In fact, is a better move since she would call less attention.

It's a animation, its not to be a real life.

I from brazil, and in fact there are some pale people in here, more than you imagine, the population in brazil is a mix of many ethnicities, for instance:europeans, asians, white people, etc., we are a mix of everything, but there are some people pale as hell.
Jan 19, 2017 12:14 PM

Aug 2015
They spent like 10 minutes just info dumping. What the fuck, that was really boring.
Jan 19, 2017 12:16 PM

Sep 2015
Tousenmana said:
Cishet said:

I had no idea about the Japanese thing, so forget what I said.

Although I still find the "she comes from other country" thing kinda silly because she doesn't know portuguese for shit and her facial features are probably the ones of a japanese. If the point of the lie was covering the fact that she can't talk they could just said that she was mute. She understands japanese after all. In fact, is a better move since she would call less attention.

It's a animation, its not to be a real life.

I from brazil, and in fact there are some pale people in here, more than you imagine, the population in brazil is a mix of many ethnicities, for instance:europeans, asians, white people, etc., we are a mix of everything, but there are some people pale as hell.

It's not a matter of how people of Brazil really are, it's a matter of how the rest of the world perceive them. And most people expect latin americans to look something like this

But my point wasn't "she couldn't possibly come from Brazil!!!!!". It was "she coming from Brazil is a bad cover up story". Why? Because:

-She doesn't know portuguese for shit.
-The MC, the only one who's supposed to understand her, doesn't know portuguese either.
-She doesn't know english either, which is a must when you're a transfer student.
-Even if they don't know the current language, transfer students actually talk. She doesn't say a word, which is pretty suspicious.
-Transfer students call a lot of attention, which is pretty bad if they're trying to keep her low profile.
-As soon as someone ask something Brazil related (which happens a lot if you're a transfer student, everybody wants to know about the place you come from) the entire lie comes down.
-SHE LOOKS LIKE AN ASIAN (though someone already stated that she could be an asian living in Brazil).

Srly, just say she's mute. It's a lot easier.

You just lost the game
Jan 19, 2017 1:31 PM

Apr 2015
Hm...I'm digging the anime so far, as a fan of GoHands' previous work...K-Project. I think I got used to the bright colours and fan-service by now, although Hand Shakers is taking it to a much higher level. I can't wait to see more of the action scenes, I love the animation of the gears! I am team gear for sure because of that. I like how this episode introduces us to all the rules and explanations about Hand Shakers. I'll gladly purchase their merch in the after-market, knowingly that it's not doing well on this side. I just hope the prices won't sky-rocket if the Japanese side does enjoy the anime too though. :D
Jan 20, 2017 5:57 AM
Oct 2016
slowly making the progression (◠‿◠✿)
didn't expected much, it's still episode 2
Jan 20, 2017 6:30 AM
Jun 2015
Hand Shakers is now offically my gulity pleasure of the season xD
Jan 20, 2017 9:24 AM

Sep 2010
No Angela in a GoHands anime? The fuck is this blasphemy? Just give us K Seven Stories already -__-

Okay episode I guess when is the cute twintail going to appear?
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 20, 2017 9:55 AM

Oct 2015
If isnt for the visuals & soundtrack this anime is kinda....bad & boring and even the visuals are not that great(K were much better), still ill give it 1 or 2 more episodes, might drop it after that, its not pushing me to watch it, honestly.
Jan 20, 2017 10:27 AM

Jun 2011
It has been a while since I watched such bullshit. There is literally no redeemable quality in this show.
I'm feeling thank you
Jan 20, 2017 4:36 PM

Feb 2016
So here we are.

I would say that this is better than the first episode, though there is no battle or something like that. In fact, they talk about what is going to happen and what did the MC become to.

If you watched episodes 1 and 2 at the same time like me you probably feel weird abou the masive cgi and and "fish eye" camera efect. It kinda ruins it, i think that without it the cgi would feel better and also that without cgi the art would be pretty nice too.

Anyways, i could say that im kinda in love with the music of this anime, and also the sound effects. They are very good and compensates the animation.

Said that, since it started like this i think its to soon to give a good ranking but also not that bad to give a bad one so i will stay on the "It's OK" for the moment.
Jan 21, 2017 5:56 AM

Nov 2015
Cringe Shakers is a better name for this anime.
At least it wasn't that bad like the pilot episode.

2/5
Jan 21, 2017 1:54 PM

Dec 2010
Better than the first episode, but still not great.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jan 21, 2017 2:19 PM

Aug 2008
My only concern is how others don't find it weird that they're holding hands all the time. Like, not even his parents?
MALoweenMansion! 2021:

main candy:

extra candy: 4x

Jan 22, 2017 12:44 AM

Dec 2012
So much better without the horrible fight animation. The fight service was nice
Jan 22, 2017 1:23 PM

Feb 2016
> Brazil
> Grill white AF shining brighter than a beacon
> Logic pls

I like the differenet art style. It somehow also creates some kind of distance between the spectator and the film itself, even though I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

I hope they won't make this the usual harem crap. I'd like a proper relationship for once.
Jan 23, 2017 8:50 AM

Apr 2015
A Good Episode And The Opening Was Good Too :)
Jan 23, 2017 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
Dirty_Four_Eyes said:
I still like this series a lot :D, but seriously, a mean score of 5.27....
Yeah I Also Kind Of Like This And I Was Surprised By The Mean Score................
Jan 24, 2017 3:38 AM

Apr 2015
how a Brazilian has a Japanese name??
what kind of parents is that?? so cool... lol
still didn't see any shaking hand in this anime... lol
also, that Lily girl just randomly picks a card from her bag and somehow can see future... lol
I don't know... I want to drop this anime but inner me says don't drop it, it has Lily...
michaelh19Jan 24, 2017 3:42 AM
Jan 25, 2017 7:18 AM

May 2009
michaelh19 said:

There is a lot of Japanese emigrants in Brazil.
Jan 27, 2017 11:12 AM

Jul 2013
michaelh19 said:
what kind of parents is that?? so cool... lol
still didn't see any shaking hand in this anime... lol
also, that Lily girl just randomly picks a card from her bag and somehow can see future... lol
I don't know... I want to drop this anime but inner me says don't drop it, it has Lily...

Brazil has the largest population of Japanese outside of Japan.
There are cities in Brazil that have many Germans. And they speak in German
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 10, 2017

368 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.