Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2017 3:53 PM

Apr 2015
kamisu said:
Uchihaaa said:
Well The Animation Was Somewhat Beautiful :).

I'm actually praying that was a joke. The animation in this makes Mars of Destruction look like paradise.
Haha Lol.It Was A Joke
Jan 10, 2017 3:54 PM

Jun 2014
The music was pretty good. Too bad it's in this horrible show...
Jan 10, 2017 3:55 PM
Nov 2015
Uchihaaa said:
kamisu said:

I'm actually praying that was a joke. The animation in this makes Mars of Destruction look like paradise.
Haha Lol.It Was A Joke

thank god c:

15chara/
Jan 10, 2017 3:58 PM

Jan 2014
my prediction was spot on with this show. It was just gonna be a show that looks pretty, and nothing else

The camera shots were awkward AF.

The CGI was awful

The bondage shit was very unnecessary, along with the giant tits.

Good music and character design is the only thing this has going for it.
Jan 10, 2017 4:01 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
i can understand the trippy camera, but fuck everyone in here complaining about the fanservice

stay fucking salty >.>

It's perfectly fine to enjoy fanservice in anything but if it doesn't fit a show, it's a perfectly reasonable complaint.

how does it not "fit the show"? its a staple in anime... and wtf does fit the show mean?

what the fuck is unique about this anime that it shouldn't have boobs?
Jan 10, 2017 4:02 PM

Nov 2014
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, this definitely gave me the K feel (in terms both of visuals and soundtrack).

I think the first episode was a so-so start. The concept seems interesting at least. I'm not impressed by Masaru's character so far yet though..just something seems off about him that I can't quite like yet. Break is such a bully lol, a badass one but also has a sort of bad boy attitude. Koyori is adorable though imo. I'm guessing the show will explore a lot with the characters' powers like Masaru's supernatural sword. The battle choreography looks decent but the fan service looked so awkward.
You mean Tazuna, right? Not Masaru xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2017 4:17 PM
Apr 2016
I'm honestly blown away by how terrible this is.

Will keep watching so I can see this trainwreck
Jan 10, 2017 4:27 PM

Dec 2014
So, when the trailer was out everyone was hyped by the art style, and now they hate the art style XD Anyway, I've gone trough it a little.... to me seem more like experimental animation than an actual anime series.
Jan 10, 2017 4:27 PM

May 2015
k so, first of all it looks kinda nice aside from the moving camera which kinda makes me dizzy. especially in the classroom part.
the soundtrack when they were in the hospital bed was really nice.
bind was super fricken hot and her moaning lol?
boob physics in this lmaoo
the CGI'd chains from break looked really out of place and bad
also, the script for the characters were kinda bad and cringy.

saw some problems but hey, ill continue
peanutncookieJan 10, 2017 4:33 PM
Jan 10, 2017 4:29 PM
Jun 2014
Bad opening episode. They were clearly trying to impress with the angles, detailed background animation and everything else going on. But it was just too much that it got distracting and they didnt really introduce what the show is about. It didnt feel like an opening episode. I am kind of excited to see this sort of animation style in the future though (in other shows). Its fresh but its a bit overwhelming and will take some getting used to.

I expect the series will probably improve as it goes on. Since it just seems like they ruined it by trying to be too flashy for the opening episode. And yeah this feels like an experimental show to be honest.
Jan 10, 2017 4:29 PM

Aug 2015
I liked the K series and all but this didn't impress to be honest.
Jan 10, 2017 4:34 PM

Jun 2015
Well, I just thought this first episode as weird. It's like they tried so hard to make the animation as much detail as possible but ruined the basics of animation, and also it looked as if they wanted to show everything that's happening at every angle so they just put every angle they could've possibly put in. Also it gave me a small headache.
The plot isn't so bad, so I'm going to continue watching it, but I'm possibly dropping the anime after confirming the crappy visuals.

Jan 10, 2017 4:46 PM
Nov 2015
What the fuck. The CGI is shit, the animation is shittier and somehow the art is the shittiest part with all its nasty oversaturated colors.
The soundtrack is amazing though, too bad you can't hear it very well over the loud moaning of that f-cup girl.

Szadek23 said:
KILL IT! KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
pls do.
Jan 10, 2017 4:54 PM

Jun 2008
That 60Fps CGI animation sure is hell DEEP in the Uncanny valley. It's very Jarring when it's being contrasted by the usual anime character designs and movement.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jan 10, 2017 4:55 PM

Dec 2011
Only came for the boobs in the trailer. Once i saw it, instant tab close :D
Jan 10, 2017 4:57 PM

Dec 2009
@ALL-THE-COMPLAINERS

Okay, this is an interesting series for the technical subject. Someone gave me some weird information, so i investigated it of curiosity by frame-stepping...

Frankly, the way they get the 3D to cohere with the 2D is quite well done, especially when they can make discerning between the 2 difficult at times. The 3D effects that "wrap around" 2D characters and such, is not easy to do.

There is however a very weird thing they do with the frame pacing of the series:
-series is rendered bulk in 30fps
-2D characters are rendered in 10fps
-panning shots are in 15fps (2D anime usually pan in 24)
-2D effects aer in 15fps

3D is inconsistent. At some parts it is rendered in full 30fps, and others in 10fps, and sometimes in 15fps.... This inconsistency is very jarring. For example at the beginning when they were up the side of the building with the chains on them, it was 10fps, and the pan down to where the claw hand came of the smoke it was jumped to 30fps.

...All of that said, the 2D animation is very beautiful - it's fluid and very detailed, even during pseudo-3D camera sweeps... They really should have just done it all in 2D. K-Project already had proven itself in that regard. Though i guess maybe they're going for something experimental?

That masochist bind girl was making me hot though... damn.
GenesisAriaJan 10, 2017 10:01 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Jan 10, 2017 5:22 PM

May 2009
terminador_2397 said:
Looks like Chibi from YT did't like it either, if he doesn't like a show then you know it's that bad

That retard from yt shat on Occultic;Nine which was great.
leetshoe said:
How did they come up with this crap?
Let me guess.

"Hey guys, let's just remake K but with a worse artstyle and terrible CGI."
"As long as we make the story make no sense."
"Of course!"

Without fujoshit this time so plus for me.
Also first episode of K also had confusing story.
bastek66Jan 10, 2017 5:50 PM
Jan 10, 2017 5:37 PM

Jun 2014
People are complaining way too much about this.

The only problems with the CG animation were the gears and the chain/tentacle hentai; the rest of the CG was just fine. Although, GoHands fish eye lens scenes never fit in anywhere.. Some camera pans were well-done, others were awkward and obnoxious. Other than that, the only thing I cant stand are the awful character designs.

But really, the backgrounds were gorgeous, special effects were amazing, and the OST was great; which is exactly what I expected, and all I came for.

Rule #1 of GoHands: Thou shalt not watch GoHands in any resolution under 1080p, as this is sinful in the eyes of God.
Jan 10, 2017 5:39 PM

Dec 2016
That was a rather interesting start to this show, wasn't expecting to see some girl being wrapped around in chains to kicks things off. Not exactly the way to treat a woman.

Sad story that Masaru has losing his sister, but it gives him the strength to fight with Koyori.

Looks promising so far. Next episode looks like it's going to be a bit difficult for him.
Jan 10, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2013
This show shares it's director with Coppelion... that's already a very very very bad sign.
Jan 10, 2017 5:48 PM

Aug 2015
That was strangely erotic. Are we really supposed to take this seriously? I don't think this will be my kind of thing.
Jan 10, 2017 5:50 PM

Mar 2016
LukesYGOonYT said:
Sad story that Masaru has losing his sister, but it gives him the strength to fight with Koyori.
Correction: MC's name is actually Tazuna
No seriously.
Jan 10, 2017 5:52 PM

Oct 2014
EcchiLordMamster said:
Toa_of_Gallifrey said:

It's perfectly fine to enjoy fanservice in anything but if it doesn't fit a show, it's a perfectly reasonable complaint.

how does it not "fit the show"? its a staple in anime... and wtf does fit the show mean?

what the fuck is unique about this anime that it shouldn't have boobs?

Imagine a dark, brooding, philosophical anime with meaningful commentary, interesting characters and dialogue among them, with a nihilistic tone, to set the mood... and then a woman with giant tits enters the scene. I know you probably wouldn't care but that completely wrecks the mood that the show had. Just because fanservice is very common in anime doesn't mean that's a good thing critically speaking. It's fine to not care at all about a show's worth critically but it's preposterous to assume no one else will.
RainyRai said:

>not appreciating how much of a cunt Asuka is
How disgusting tbh
Jan 10, 2017 5:53 PM
Jun 2015
Initial thought: Ooh battles

Reality: Lets call this Boob shakers since theres so much boob jiggling.
Jan 10, 2017 5:54 PM

Jun 2013
There are a lot of shit shows this season.
Jan 10, 2017 5:54 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
terminador_2397 said:
Looks like Chibi from YT did't like it either, if he doesn't like a show then you know it's that bad

That retard from yt shat on Occultic;Nine which was great.
leetshoe said:
How did they come up with this crap?
Let me guess.

"Hey guys, let's just remake K but with a worse artstyle and terrible CGI."
"As long as we make the story make no sense."
"Of course!"

Without fujoshit this time so plus for me.
Also first episode of K also had confusing story.
It's really funny how in 2017 we are still judging series (Yet alone posting rankings which is still a stupid MAL gimmick that shouldn't even be allowed until the show is completed imo) based on 1 episode
Jan 10, 2017 5:56 PM

May 2009
-Trippwire- said:
This show shares it's director with Coppelion... that's already a very very very bad sign.

Why? He also directed both K anime and was doing animation for Mardock scrambles.
Tokoya said:
It's really funny how in 2017 we are still judging series (Yet alone posting rankings which is still a stupid MAL gimmick that shouldn't even be allowed until the show is completed imo) based on 1 episode

It would be best if rating for new shows was hidden for few weeks and after it shows should be on separate Toplist (for ongoing shows).
Jan 10, 2017 5:56 PM

Jun 2013
Some persons can say that I have shit taste but this is ridiculous, I can't handle that CGI / animation, archetype characters, nope nope, it isn't for me.
Jan 10, 2017 5:59 PM

May 2009
BlackScience said:
archetype characters

All characters are archtypes of something, even your favourites.
Jan 10, 2017 6:00 PM

Jun 2013
terminador_2397 said:
GangsterCat said:
i didn't expect anything, but this is beyond garbage lmao
shitty character design
shitty CG and background
shitty camera angle
shitty looks-colorful-with-pretty-colors everything
shitty obviously-intentional-overdone-out-of-place giant boobs jiggle and forced fanservices
shitty title name like hando sheika
shitty looks-creative-weapon-at-first-but-turned-out-to-be-generic-sword-in-the-end-anyway weapon

TUESDAY IS GREAT GUYS!

Well Chibi often gives up on a show after one episode, and he hated Flip Flappers, so not really.
Jan 10, 2017 6:02 PM

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
BlackScience said:
archetype characters

Yes but that animation make it worse. Also, this anime has archetypes that I hate.
Jan 10, 2017 6:02 PM
Oct 2016
I don't get why everyone is hating on this, I freaking enjoyed this whole episode. Definitely cannot wait till next week.
Jan 10, 2017 6:03 PM

Sep 2015
I watched the first three minutes and told myself it was going to be shit.
Then I watched the whole episode and I noticed that I was wrong, because it was worse than shit.

Oh, and I almost forgot: most girls use bras, so you won't be seeing boobies bouncing like that in real life. Pls learn about boobs, it's kinda annoying.

You just lost the game
Jan 10, 2017 6:08 PM

Oct 2012
One of the few shows I've ever watched that actually tested my patience and tolerance.
I was kinda excited for what this would do considering the K Project was enjoyable and entertaining enough for me, but the camera work was at times really cool and other times completely ruined the moments.
The walking animations weren't very good to begin with and with them trying to animate movement while doing weird camera shifts/rotations, the movement looked even worse and choppy.
I don't hate fanservice at all, I mean... I love To Love Ru and HOTD but lord seitokaichou Lily's boob bouncing animation killed me. People should not complain about Ryo-tas's bosom anymore, because this one is just as absurd
Oh and Break and Bind dude's personality was so weird. I'm a fan of showing the future before returning to explain how it got there, but in this case it was really convoluted and he is one of the most vapid first encounter enemies I've ever seen. The buildup to what was presented at the beginning was weird and abrupt for me too, and he just seemed like an extremely stupid and petty guy who was just there for the plot that's probably the case tho
Oh and I have no clue what the heck was up with his power. Does he control chains? Or does he make them? How many and how long can he make them? Can he make them appear anywhere? etc etc. It was hard for me to watch without knowing anything about his restrictions or the extent of his powers, so I hope they explain that next ep.

Couldn't get into it, colors were nice and it was extremely stylistic, special effects were pretty spectacular for the most part and the OST was decent, but apart from that nothing really for me to get behind. This may be one of the few anime that I struggle to finish, please prove me wrong Hand Shakers!
gust11Jan 10, 2017 6:22 PM
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jan 10, 2017 6:10 PM

Sep 2012
since i never drop animes i will still watch this :)
So its not waste of time
Everyone will die anyway ;D
Jan 10, 2017 6:11 PM

May 2015
SakurasouBusters said:

Not really. Besides, there are still some that have yet to air.

Jan 10, 2017 6:12 PM

May 2009
BlackScience said:
bastek66 said:

Yes but that animation make it worse. Also, this anime has archetypes that I hate.

Next episode will have loli with sword, do you hate these? There is also Star Wars kid with Sugita's voice.
Jan 10, 2017 6:15 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
bastek66 said:
-Trippwire- said:

Why? He also directed both K anime and was doing animation for Mardock scrambles.
Tokoya said:

It would be best if rating for new shows was hidden for few weeks and after it shows should be on separate Toplist (for ongoing shows).
That's a good idea...Dunno why the website staff haven't even thought of this yet
Jan 10, 2017 6:16 PM

May 2012
Welp... yeah, this was pretty flashy but ugly.

Dislike comparing things but because it had a very similar style, their other anime K was far more visually appealing. Sure, the choreography in there was way too over-the-top and annoying at times same as in here, but everything else was fine, the full 3D CGI included. Nothing in this one "meshes" well and just feels very disorienting most the time.

However, I am somewhat liking the MC a bit. He's nothing special and a bit plain but he's at least a good guy overall.

If there was anything I liked, it'd have to be the OST once again.

Hopefully it improves throughout the rest of the anime

Jan 10, 2017 6:19 PM

Sep 2016
if this shit can become anime, where is girlish number season 2 and KuuSure adaptation?
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jan 10, 2017 6:21 PM

May 2009
GangsterCat said:
if this shit can become anime, where is girlish number season 2 and KuuSure adaptation?

You should have buy some BDs/LNs/etc. to support your favourite show.
Jan 10, 2017 6:28 PM

Nov 2014
I think this is the first time I got legit motion sick watching an anime. All the panning with different parts of the scene running at different framerates... God it was actually painful to get through.

A bit interested in the story, but I don't know if I'll be able to handle all the panning and senseless CG making me feel sick.
Jan 10, 2017 6:31 PM

Jun 2013
Kittens-kun said:
SakurasouBusters said:

Maybe not shit, it just seems like there arent many GOOD shows.
Jan 10, 2017 6:35 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
SakurasouBusters said:
Kittens-kun said:

Maybe not shit, it just seems like there arent many GOOD shows.
What is good in your opinion
Jan 10, 2017 6:40 PM

Sep 2014
Goddamn that was easily the worst first episode yet. Holy shit that was fucking bad. The CGI and weird ass angles gave me a headache. The bright colors fucking hurt my eyes. The characters so far are annoying and stupid. That was some godawful action as well.
Jan 10, 2017 6:59 PM

Jul 2013
OMG i really love the animation *-*
Jan 10, 2017 7:07 PM
May 2016
Probably the worst anime I have watched this season so far.
The shaky camera is really annoying, the characters in 2D-design-like but animated like it was 3D, the horrible fanservice, the poor CGI, the cliche story of light novel...
It gave me a very awful first impression.
And it's supposed that the episode one always is the best animated lol.
Bad plot, bad animation.
I don't recommend HS to anyone.
Jan 10, 2017 7:26 PM

Sep 2015
Bind & Break are S&M lel

Dam I'm actually somewhat hooked on this for some reason now. Can't wait for episode 2 I guess.
Jan 10, 2017 7:30 PM

Jun 2013
bastek66 said:
-Trippwire- said:

I don't have an issue with animation; it's a little wonky, but I can appreciate the attempts at the long, circular panning shots with traditional animation.

I haven't seen K, but I have seen a good chunk of Coppelion (before I dropped it). If the directorial/series composition staff of GoHands is capable of putting out a flop like that, they're certainly liable to put out another. I'm giving this one a few more episodes, but it's not looking promising.
Jan 10, 2017 7:32 PM

Jul 2014
lol the president's bouncing tits

lol the bondage girl

lol the salty people already hating the anime......by far the best of this episode xD

I liked the animation and enjoyed the episode, so no problem for me.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2017

31 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 8, 9:02 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2017

73 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 6, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2017

113 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Jan 4, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2017

76 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 1:29 PM

Poll: » Hand Shakers Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2017

34 by Archean-Return »»
Aug 1, 2023 12:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.