Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2016 5:06 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More and more scene of little Min-chan. And the answer to beat that black-bad Papa. It's a final episode of a duel between Good Papa and Bad Papa. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 21, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2015
Short but fun to watch overall, Didn't expect the fight scene to be good with some feels trip on Ossan's back story though I got a little bit of confused in the end.

8/10
Dec 21, 2016 5:51 AM

Mar 2016
COnfused at the ending but this was pretty fun to watch. almost tear up a little

6.5/10
Dec 21, 2016 6:14 AM

Jun 2016
While I did not really enjoy this show, I guess the ending was good.
Dec 21, 2016 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
Just commenting on the first seconds of this episode, because it visually, this time, gave me the impression that they were teleported, instead of wiped out like believed before... I'll finish watching.

removed-userDec 21, 2016 6:36 AM
Dec 21, 2016 7:05 AM

Sep 2015
best true good daddy story

need more good dad char outhere
Into the Internet!
Dec 21, 2016 7:11 AM
Jun 2016
So, To be Hero is finished.

And what an ending (or was it?)

All in all, what I loved about this show is the main theme.....fathers and their relationship with their children. That's what this anime is really about....not superheroes, fanservice or disservice.....fathers, their children and how that relationship can be messed up when maintaining pride in oneself becomes more important than your own children.

10/10!

(I started thie show at episode 6...so I had to binge watch episodes 1-5 to catch up. I am glad I did. I nearly missed this gem of an anime).
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Dec 21, 2016 7:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Surprise!!! The final was a nightmare when suffered a heart attack by has 8 jobs!!!!

The end was a little comical, because in the ending credits, get up another, and is difficult to know what is the true!!!

This series was very comical, with a extravagant plot, although the final was bad!!!

5/10.
Dec 21, 2016 7:47 AM
Oct 2016
I'm sorry for not understanding. Can someone explain the ending to me clearly.
Dec 21, 2016 8:02 AM

Aug 2016
it's over :(

Great anime, 8/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 21, 2016 8:06 AM

Nov 2014
Very good ending though the credit's scene was unnecesary (i'm quite confused now).

The series overall was really good for a short series, 7/10.
Dec 21, 2016 8:09 AM

Jan 2016
Surprisingly better anime than expected and I personally thought the ending was smart, but I do agree it could have been executed better.
This is my interpretation of the ending:

I think that covers it.

Hilarious in some parts, touching in other parts and sometimes pure cringe, this anime was an emotional rollercoaster. 8/10
Dec 21, 2016 8:26 AM
Mar 2012
When the worse enemy is yourself, ah classic.
Cool how the whole show was in his mind, 12 days as a hero, is actually while in coma from overwork.
Quite a creative way of showing challenges of parenting, often unappreciated, misunderstood fathers. Has some very quirky combo of feels & comedy, definitely a unique weirdness.
Fights tho rough were dynamic & powerful.
Dec 21, 2016 8:32 AM

Jun 2015
A great allegory between being a father and a hero, but they didn't dare with any concussion and that was disappointing.

Still, great short series. 7/10
Dec 21, 2016 8:41 AM
Dec 2016
Copied from reddit:

I heared that most audiences in Europe and America kept watching the Japanses version of this anime and felt confused about the ending, I suggest you guys to watch the Chinese version of episode12(if someone put a english sub version on Youtube),because in Japanese version,they delated lots of clips juest to fit the time limit of their TV broadcasting requirements(about 5 minutes),they even made a new ending to make it looks not that weird,but that ending almost completly changed the final them of this anime,in the initial Chinese version, the father got ill for a long time(almost died for that)in the real world because of doing to much jobs at the same time(even selling sex for some rich women),just to repay the bills that caused by one of his colleague who betrayed him for money.And he was always making a dream about saving his family (especialy his daugther)during this period of time,fighting against the evil who never spend time with his family and only cares about business(which is another part of him),and finally succeed and woke up again in the real world,living with his daughter again but became a fat guy because of eating too much for recovering his health(still happy ending).

In the end of Chinese version,the director(Chinese) expressed that this anime is an apology letter to his daughter,for he has been spending the whole time making anime and don't have the time for their relationship

I hope this will help you to undersdand the story better and I just hope that I didn't make too much language mistakes,I 'm just a Chinese senior hign school student who love this anime.
Dec 21, 2016 9:09 AM

Sep 2013
Cool fight and heartfelt father/daughter moments :(

Japan's version got it right, no "it was all a dream" bs, 7/10
Dec 21, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2016
BXIISC said:
Copied from reddit:

In the end of Chinese version,the director(Chinese) expressed that this anime is an apology letter to his daughter,for he has been spending the whole time making anime and don't have the time for their relationship

ah, i see. plot had to come from somewhere, we felt it.

really loved this, great part of my Wednesday mornings. Made me laugh a lot and cry while laughing,... (min-chan's boyfriend lol)

8jobs/10cmHg
(bad joke)

Dec 21, 2016 9:33 AM

Feb 2013
This was a pretty funny anime. I enjoyed it a lot.

7/10
Dec 21, 2016 9:42 AM

Jul 2010
Best short this season that's for sure, didn't like how it started but it quickly grew on me and progressively got better and this finale was satisfying.

7/10
Dec 21, 2016 9:47 AM

Jul 2010
I wasn't expecting Nabeshin at the end, isn't it a chinese anime ?
Dec 21, 2016 9:58 AM
Dec 2016
Beatrice-KF said:
I wasn't expecting Nabeshin at the end, isn't it a chinese anime ?

The japanese version is meant to make japanese audiences undersdand and have fun, I think it was appropirate to change the dialogues and some details
Dec 21, 2016 10:22 AM
Feb 2009
The_Waifu_King said:
I'm sorry for not understanding. Can someone explain the ending to me clearly.

It's open to interpretation because multiple universes, maybe he was an overworked salary man in a coma, it was the dream of a washed up overweight father on a toilet, it all actually happened and ended when he defeated his evil self, a dream he has during his other toilet seat trip and everything after the half way point is non canon, any version of the events is correct.
Dec 21, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2015
Thanks to those who explained the ending, I was super confused O__O
Dec 21, 2016 1:49 PM

Jun 2011
I really loved this anime short to be honest, it was stupid, but it was the good kinda stupid. :3
Dec 21, 2016 2:30 PM
Sep 2015
Chinese ending much better. Tacked on multiverse crap did nothing but ruin the genuine feels.
Dec 21, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2014
finally an answer to the whole reason he became the fat hero. Damn, this was actually a really good show, which surprised me in a really good way.
Dec 21, 2016 5:59 PM

Dec 2013
It's fun to read those posts when I actually think the complete opposite xD
I liked this show for everything except the ending and got bored with the last episodes.
And I liked the credit because I didn't want it to be just a dream...(even if I'm not sure I understood everything)

Dec 21, 2016 7:19 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like whether everything was a dream or not is left up to the audience, they tried to explain it with multiverse but at the same time he was in a coma while Min chan was reading him the story he wrote when she was young.

I honestly don't know what to feel about that ending, I'm neither happy, angry or disappointed with it. Regardless I still enjoyed the comedy for the first 3/4 of the show and the story was interesting to say the least so I'll give it a 7/10.
Dec 21, 2016 8:56 PM

Aug 2014
Yeah, the original ending was more satisfying. The show being an open letter from the director to his daughter made it much more impactful. Really enjoyed the comedy, and it pulled off some good action and story. May start giving these Chinese cartoons more of a chance in future seasons.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 21, 2016 9:32 PM

Jun 2012
that was great for a short, even if the last couple eps were a bit lackluster

7/10
Dec 21, 2016 9:47 PM

Jun 2015
This was the best short for this season. I'm really impressed. The comedy throughout the show was quite good. 7/10
Dec 21, 2016 9:49 PM

Jan 2011
This series was just great. The comedy was on point, and the drama was actually pretty decent.
Dec 21, 2016 9:50 PM
Jul 2013
One of the most underrated anime of this season.
short but packed with promises. The twist at the end though... didn't see it coming
9/10
Dec 21, 2016 10:59 PM

Jul 2011
BXIISC said:
Copied from reddit:

I heared that most audiences in Europe and America kept watching the Japanses version of this anime and felt confused about the ending, I suggest you guys to watch the Chinese version of episode12(if someone put a english sub version on Youtube),because in Japanese version,they delated lots of clips juest to fit the time limit of their TV broadcasting requirements(about 5 minutes),they even made a new ending to make it looks not that weird,but that ending almost completly changed the final them of this anime,in the initial Chinese version, the father got ill for a long time(almost died for that)in the real world because of doing to much jobs at the same time(even selling sex for some rich women),just to repay the bills that caused by one of his colleague who betrayed him for money.And he was always making a dream about saving his family (especialy his daugther)during this period of time,fighting against the evil who never spend time with his family and only cares about business(which is another part of him),and finally succeed and woke up again in the real world,living with his daughter again but became a fat guy because of eating too much for recovering his health(still happy ending).

I hope this will help you to undersdand the story better and I just hope that I didn't make too much language mistakes,I 'm just a Chinese senior hign school student who love this anime.

Thanks.

I'm a little surprised it turn serious in the end, but I think it was well done. Underrated short, for sure.
Dec 21, 2016 11:02 PM

Nov 2015
This anime was great, so sad it's over I actually want more of the toilet jokes XD
Dec 22, 2016 7:34 AM

Apr 2009
BXIISC said:
Copied from reddit:

Thanks. That explains a lot, the tacked on multiverse bullshit in the last minute didn't make sense at all.
Can you or someone else link to the Chinese episode?
NidhoeggrDec 22, 2016 7:45 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Dec 22, 2016 3:20 PM

Aug 2016
What! The! F!#@%k! was that?!?!?!

That ending was that genial or ridiculous? Am I happy of pissed now?! Was that anime good or bad? Was that even an anime? Its so ridiculous...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 22, 2016 10:51 PM

Oct 2008
BRAVO Last episode!
It's multiverse again!
Tsukino Moa is now my new favorite Rookie Seiyuu! She made Min-chan the best suited voice for her role!
5/5!
9/10!

Thank you for clearing this up @ ButadonMeitante & BXIISC
Let me watch it for the 2nd time!
matias067Dec 22, 2016 10:57 PM

Dec 23, 2016 12:50 AM

Oct 2011
will miss to be hero
Dec 23, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2014
It was a very brillant ending, it gave alot meaning to everything that all this was made by the hero's mind who was in comma after hearing Min-chan's story.

Also LOL that multiuniverse job is so silly xDDD

very good anime
Dec 23, 2016 4:36 PM

May 2015
It was a nice ending. Heartwarming but also a little confusing.

Anyways, I really liked what this show did with all the comedy and family themes. It's kind of funny, thinking back on it, this was probably my most anticipated show of the season. I read the synopsis and loved the absurdity of it all. I'm so glad that this anime actually lived up to my expectations and exceeded them. The potty humor and the aliens were all so hilarious. And I always love shows like this that highlight how much a parent loves their child. By far, it was the best short of the season.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport
Dec 24, 2016 3:32 AM

Jun 2013
so he was in a coma or what?
Dec 25, 2016 5:57 AM

Dec 2015
So, it wasn't a simple dream but a coma ! I thought he had fallen asleep on the toilets ^^"
Another great episode, with a bit less jokes (the last one about parallel universes being pretty stupid). The superpowered action seemed pretty good at moments.

5/5 Uff, we got our Nabeshin cameo ! (maybe as a more real guest-star in a next project)

Good "nonsense"/poop comedy with a pinch of emotion. A great way to tell the story of a single father.

Score: 7/10

Note: when I read "confusing", "I didn't understand" etc about animations like this, I really wonder how "anime-fans" can ever aboard movies or books.
Rei_IIIDec 25, 2016 6:01 AM
Dec 25, 2016 10:31 AM

Jun 2016
I thought the ending was really sweet. The fact that everything was in his head and he was actually in a coma never occurred to me. The bad dad vs. the good one and trying to do everything he can to be with his daughter and make her happy.

Initially, this seemed like a simple comedy anime but the ending really raised its rank for me. I think this is one of the only times when "It was all a dream" worked for me and didn't feel tacked on.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 30, 2016 6:48 PM

Mar 2009
Well, it sure was great to have Shinichi Watanabe back for a season. To Be Hero was certainly wacky enough! Great show. And best short of the season.
Jan 6, 2017 5:10 PM
Jun 2013
Thank you MAL forums, I now understand what I just saw
Anime exists
all is well
Jan 6, 2017 8:56 PM

Jan 2013
WOW, I'm very impressed with this anime & especially with this episode.
Who could know that their story was so sad :/ How do Japs do it?How? I wasn't expecting any sense & feels in this anime, you always hit me.
Still, it was a great episode, i don't know how it ended but i think we can call it a "happy ending" xD
So happy to see a happy ending for all of them Min & Yamada are back :D
Btw loved that last fight + ost was epic.
8/10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 7, 2017 10:20 PM

Sep 2013
Man that went from good to amazing to disappointing fast. Another show to go on the list of "anime that would have been better without the last minute"
Jan 8, 2017 5:45 AM

Mar 2015
Oh so it was all a dream?! :(

8/10 nonetheless, made me laugh a lot!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 27, 2017 12:42 PM

Apr 2014
BXIISC said:
Copied from reddit:

I hope this will help you to understand the story better and I just hope that I didn't make too much language mistakes,I 'm just a Chinese senior hign school student who love this anime.

Ah ok that makes sense.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 10 Discussion

Mascera - Dec 7, 2016

27 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 3:34 PM

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2016

44 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 3:07 PM

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 3 Discussion

PhylloNakamura - Oct 19, 2016

44 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 3:03 PM

Poll: » To Be Hero Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2016

99 by Karva1 »»
Feb 10, 2:35 PM

» To Be Hero Mandarin with subs

gprime70 - Jan 14, 2023

0 by gprime70 »»
Jan 14, 2023 2:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.