Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 23, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2008
HibiChika said:
rinne hardly did anything to those three. she should have punished them harder.

Was kind of a smart move on her part. Individually she's stronger than any of them. But the previous incident showed the danger if they ganged up on her. So quickly breaking the first girl sent the other two into a fearful panic and let her quickly finish them.

In the end her focus was "ending it" and she did that spectacularly :).
Oct 23, 2016 10:53 AM

Apr 2014
this ep made me so mad but that ending with her beating the crap out of them was so satisfying i had to rewatch it a few times cause those 3 deserved every bit of that
"one step at a time"
Oct 23, 2016 11:08 AM

Mar 2011
Thank you 7 arcs for giving us the "if you do something you'll pay for that no matter what"
I thought Rinne would end up beating those girls, but I thought she'd first train and get her device, but this way was pretty satisfying, brutal, but those girls deserved it.
I'm still not over the ending tho xD
TamtsumakiOct 23, 2016 11:17 AM
Oct 23, 2016 12:27 PM

Apr 2014
The last part of the episode was a serious W T F ?! I was only expecting Rinne to punch those girls that bullied her, not that she will be wiping the floor and shoe lockers with them.
Oct 23, 2016 4:00 PM

Apr 2012
While seeing those bullies abuse Rinne was hard to watch, and I was expecting Rinne to show up to them, maybe rough them up a bit, I didn't expect her to go Optimus Prime on those three and totally beat them up.
I was stunned I left the credits rolling for a while...
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 23, 2016 4:14 PM

Mar 2008
Kotori_Sonoda said:
While seeing those bullies abuse Rinne was hard to watch, and I was expecting Rinne to show up to them, maybe rough them up a bit, I didn't expect her to go Optimus Prime on those three and totally beat them up.
I was stunned I left the credits rolling for a while...

Same, lol. I just sat there saying "damn" as the credits rolled. Expected her to bruise them up and send them running home crying for mommie. There was no running, or walking, or even crawling after that. Holy F...
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Oct 23, 2016 6:39 PM

Jan 2011
Not gonna lie...got what they deserved. Karma bitch
Oct 23, 2016 11:13 PM
Feb 2013
Aversa said:
Madcat6204 said:

This is animated, so the author can have them survive anything. However, those kinds of injuries are not the kinds of injuries that can be shrugged off with "well head wounds bleed a lot." Those are fatal blows. All three of those girls should be dead. How this actually turns out... we'll see.
Judging from they way Rinne fought my it's clear that the first girl has a broken arm the other girl most likely has a concussion and a broken nose and maybe a broken jaw.
In which case they will most likely be in the hospital for 1 to 3 months.
That's my guess at least.

She also stomped on the first girl's head to finish it off, resulting in a horrible wet crunching sound that's really hard to explain as anything other than a skull being crushed.
Oct 24, 2016 1:49 AM

Nov 2008
Though just a note to point out from 3 to 4 thus knowing decent background bits from them both .. she loses her stuff on Fuu-chan 'people always gravitate to you always nice to you etc' Her past wasnt that great looking at it... and Rinne clearly has a supportive adoptive family whom she didnt open up to.. Not her fault that she didn't but it really feels like the one who hasnt really 'understood' anything is Rinne.
Oct 24, 2016 2:22 AM
Jan 2009
Overdramatic? Definitely not. Bullying for that long requires a return on at least double what those bitches were doing.
Oct 24, 2016 2:26 AM

Feb 2008
I was stunned when I saw that brutal scene, no mercy and she were 100% sane as well.
She was waiting for them for revenge, but this were just crazy.
This is not like Nanoha Vivid but does dark reminds me of older nanoha series, but there were kind of mild and not this brutal and come on and they were still on elementary school.

They made Rinne had a reason to do martial arts, if bullies wouldn't happen she probably would still be a sweet and nice girl, have friends, but now everyone is just fear her.
Rinne past is over now, and we can finally move on with Fuuka again.
BlackbirdOct 24, 2016 2:30 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 24, 2016 3:00 AM

Mar 2015
CobaltNoHoshi said:
Overdramatic? Definitely not. Bullying for that long requires a return on at least double what those bitches were doing.

I prefer say overfatality XD . But this bitches deserve that and more
Oct 24, 2016 3:45 AM

Jan 2008
I must applaud the attention to detail of the beating. As someone with martial arts experience I can assure you that Rinne was going for most damage possible. All the hits seem average, but if you examine them closely, it's more then that.
1st girl: Rinne twisted her arm before hitting her elbow. That most likely shattered the ligament completely. IRL, that's a permanent injury. You can't really fix that. No clue where she stomped on her, but it could not have been pretty.
2nd girl: She did not hit her face parallel to the locker. That would have made the glasses shatter. And yes, it might seem like the glasses shattering in her eyes would be the worst possible thing, but Rinner hit her forehead against the locker very hard. That has a very high chance to cause brain damage, especially with that ammount of power.
3rd girl: Rinne kicked her in the temple. Do I really need to explain why that is very bad. She had the option of kicking her in the face from that possition. Actually, kicking her face would have been simpler.

So yeah.... burtal to the extreme. That was more of an execution.
Oct 24, 2016 8:25 AM

Dec 2008
Blackbird said:
and she were 100% sane as well.

I highly doubt she was in a sane state after losing her grandfather who adopted her and adored her.

At the very least she was burning in rage, which also explains why she went to such extents as to break ones arm, smash others face and whatnot.

That clearly, is not a doing a sane mind.
Oct 24, 2016 9:56 AM

Jun 2015
That ending came out of no where like BAM (like its intensity/brutality). Also because I was skipping through the episode but they had it coming sooner or later. I had thought after last episode that it would be satisfying if we see Rinne taking out those bullies behind the scenes instead of taking her anger out on Fuuko who hasn't wronged her in anyway. That would complete her story and is also a sign of good writing.

I am even more invested in the show now and Rinne has become likeable. ;) These last two episodes has been powerful.
DmonHiro said:
I must applaud the attention to detail of the beating. As someone with martial arts experience I can assure you that Rinne was going for most damage possible. All the hits seem average, but if you examine them closely, it's more then that.
1st girl: Rinne twisted her arm before hitting her elbow. That most likely shattered the ligament completely. IRL, that's a permanent injury. You can't really fix that. No clue where she stomped on her, but it could not have been pretty.
2nd girl: She did not hit her face parallel to the locker. That would have made the glasses shatter. And yes, it might seem like the glasses shattering in her eyes would be the worst possible thing, but Rinner hit her forehead against the locker very hard. That has a very high chance to cause brain damage, especially with that ammount of power.
3rd girl: Rinne kicked her in the temple. Do I really need to explain why that is very bad. She had the option of kicking her in the face from that possition. Actually, kicking her face would have been simpler.

So yeah.... burtal to the extreme. That was more of an execution.

A Fitting Execution Indeed. :>
Oct 24, 2016 10:04 AM
Jan 2013
Oh my god !
Rinne it is the vengeance and Brutal.
Oct 24, 2016 10:44 AM

Apr 2011
I wasn't going to watch vivid strike, until I saw a gif of that scene at the end. Already knew she was beating up the bullies. It was just sweet to watch.

The bitches messed with the wrong girl. Rinne was going to see her grandfather for one last time but they have to stop her, hurt her and caused poor Rinne grief. They had it coming. It was brutal but they deserve it. They deserve more. Brutal but sweet. I wouldn't be surprise if they stopped going to school and hospitalized.

Thanks to them they had created a monster.

But still want to see Rinne get her sweet ass handed down by her childhood friend.
Oct 24, 2016 10:56 AM

Jun 2011
The end was so satisfying to watch. That's how you deal with bullies.
What a shame though that they are most probably still alive.
I'm feeling thank you
Oct 24, 2016 11:14 AM

Nov 2012
well that ending sure was something, wow.
Oct 24, 2016 11:26 AM

Aug 2012
WTH!, That was satisfying xD
Oct 24, 2016 3:29 PM

Aug 2014
i don't watch the anime but i am just curious . why did that girl destroy the other girls ? i saw a gif so i don't know their name
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Oct 24, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2014
Mezo-RPWPA said:
i don't watch the anime but i am just curious . why did that girl destroy the other girls ? i saw a gif so i don't know their name
stop being lazy and watch it, the whole ep explains it.

OT: Yeah still don't like her, shit was lit at that point. Fast forward to present, why take your frustration on your childhood friend...
Oct 24, 2016 10:59 PM

Jun 2012
Poor Rinne; hopefully Fuuka and co. can beat some sense backing into hear and she can go back there her old kind self, maybe.
Oct 25, 2016 6:48 AM

Jun 2012
OppaiSugoi said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

OT: Yeah still don't like her, shit was lit at that point. Fast forward to present, why take your frustration on your childhood friend...

Yes, i get Fuuka talk about her going back to her kind old self can frustrate her, but, she could just explain her why she had to change, so she won't lose anything important ever again.
Oct 25, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2013

All what I say is:
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Oct 25, 2016 2:53 PM

Nov 2015
Mezo-RPWPA said:

If you really don't feel like watching the whole anime, you could just watch ep4. It's a standalone flashback/character development episode that you don't really need outside context for (TLDR in the present time 4 years later she's on the road to being martial arts world champ of the under-15 category, and acts kind of b*tchy sometimes. That's it.)

Edit: don't let that stop you from watching the series though lol, the ^TLDR context^ is given to you from ep1 (not really spoiling anything)
Oct 25, 2016 4:35 PM

Aug 2014
OppaiSugoi said:
Mezo-RPWPA said:

I can't stand how everyone that sees this vid on facebook or whatever that doesn't watch this or have ever watched Nanoha for that matter are all like, "yea, go girl, fight those bullies" and all I can say is Rinne deserves the same ass beating she gave those girls as she is now. And everyone freaks out cause they only know this part of her story, lul.
Honoka is my Hero! Click Me!
Oct 25, 2016 10:24 PM

Jan 2011
damn i glad i picked up this after all the shit she went through while even still trying to be nice and friendly they never stopped and with that final reasoning because of them i would of caused some hell on them as well justice was served

still something about seeing elementary schoolers get brutality beat up is kinda fucked up even if it didn't look that great it was effective That's how you "end it"

but isn't this the classic act of the bullied becomes the bully that's pretty much what Rinne is right now
Oct 26, 2016 2:36 AM

Feb 2008
Final scene cause me stunning and very shocking and brutal beating of elementary schooler, and they were all girls too.

Too much strength for being a girl, but in that futuristic world with magic anything can happen.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 26, 2016 11:56 AM

Dec 2009
The camera shakes are strong with this one.

Holy shit, she snapped so hard.
Vanschia said:
brutal, just brutal
And not just the fact that she kicked their asses, my god that gruesome detail. Broke her arm, she screamed and fukken passed out, and the sounds, the screams of fear, and the blood. The realism was holy shit unexpected. A whole new meaning to "vivid".
GenesisAriaOct 26, 2016 12:30 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 26, 2016 12:11 PM

Jul 2007
Wow, that was awesome. Those soundeffects at the end reminded me of Corpse Party xD
Oct 26, 2016 6:13 PM

Mar 2008
No matter how many times I see that scene...it really is quite something. Utterly brutal and intense. Rinne wasn't exaggerating. She put an end to it as effectively and efficiently as she could.
Oct 27, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2013
That ending was one of the most satisfying scenes that I've ever watched... Absolute Justice through revenge. Every detail: the sound of the bones crushing, the blood flowing from the wounds...the camera angles, the faces of despair in the eyes of those bitches.

Rinne was totally efficient, finished them all in one movement. Those were all finisher moves.

Girl 1: Broken radius and elbow joint (Causes her to faint from paint) then she is finished with a stomp on the Temporal. (The sound of the cranium cracking~)
Girl 2: Broken Nose + Coup & Contrecoup Injury (that's brain damage for you)
Girl 3: That kick went direct to the ribs and liver, expect broken ribs, liver damage and a head contusion from hitting her occipital with the lockers.

10/10

It's for sure they aren't getting away with just some bandages. Also, notice how Rinne's strike make blood pour from the area of impact and she also bended the metal...
>Implying Rinne is the descendant of some Nanoha's Universe Ancient King
Those probably hat the streght of a Pro MMA combatant.
Oct 27, 2016 12:45 PM

Dec 2009
Zahylon said:
That ending was one of the most satisfying scenes that I've ever watched... Absolute Justice through revenge. Every detail: the sound of the bones crushing, the blood flowing from the wounds...the camera angles, the faces of despair in the eyes of those bitches.

Rinne was totally efficient, finished them all in one movement. Those were all finisher moves.

Girl 1: Broken radius and elbow joint (Causes her to faint from paint) then she is finished with a stomp on the Temporal. (The sound of the cranium cracking~)
Girl 2: Broken Nose + Coup & Contrecoup Injury (that's brain damage for you)
Girl 3: That kick went direct to the ribs and liver, expect broken ribs, liver damage and a head contusion from hitting her occipital with the lockers.

It's for sure they aren't getting away with just some bandages. Also, notice how Rinne's strike make blood pour from the area of impact and she also bent the metal...
Yeah damn, that's the most brutal scene in like all of the Nanoha verse that i've seen. I can't get over it, it's so horrible yet i find myself coming back to it... Whoever put this scene had unsuspecting genius. It's such a love-hate... They all probably have injuries that will last them a lifetime, for some stupid bullying... It's so terrible and i hate it, yet it's so bewitching.
GenesisAriaOct 27, 2016 12:52 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 27, 2016 1:53 PM

Jun 2015
Absolutely loved the ending!
It's something that far too many series seem to avoid. When a character gets bullied they're like 'ill get over it' or 'i deserve it' or some other bull shit. So it was good to see a character just sort the bitches out.
Oct 27, 2016 11:39 PM

Oct 2008
Rinne was RUTHLESS!
3 bullies be gonners! I hope they're dead not injured.
5/5!

Oct 28, 2016 3:53 AM

Jun 2012
And some people say school years are best years in your life, bullshit, some kids can be much more cruel than adult.
Oct 28, 2016 7:11 PM

Jun 2013
Holy hell, that got intense really fucking fast!
I was begging for someone to beat those bitches, but maybe not that much, im seriously asking, Did she kill them?
Oct 28, 2016 7:23 PM

Jun 2013
I have no idea how some of yall are watching this over and over, that ending legit gave me chills, especially considering how realistically it was animated.
Oct 30, 2016 5:01 AM

Jul 2009
Rinne had a hard time in school, she should have said something to her parents, she thought it was going to stop but it got worse, no wonder she decided to be so strong, so she would not suffer anymore.
Oct 30, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2015
Rinne beating her bullies was so satisfying that i rewatched it and it still was so satisfying, the level of brutality was insane. I wonder if it makes me a sadist person =/
Oct 31, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2015
I have mixed feelings about this backstory, but this ending definietly leaves an impression on me and Ill probably remember it. I guess most of us had thoughts about beating up or even murder someone who annoys you, be it your boss at work, bullies as seen here or a drunk who drives over your daughter with a car etc etc. I can understand the intention to end someones life or make it misserable after snaping, but in most cases the thoughts remain thoughts - mostly because you cant make them real and not because you are such a good person, but you lack the skills and most important you fear the consequences - be it on the law side, to your psycholgical and physiological state and ofc what happens to the person and their familiy you attacked. Most people evalutae in the end, that its better to not do anything and if at all chose another option like going to the police etc.

I cant absolve myself from ever having had thoughts of something like Rinne did, but I never executed them. After all you dont have a "save option" in real life and can undo your deeds.
PirateMadrykOct 31, 2016 10:35 PM
Oct 31, 2016 2:59 PM
The Destroyer.
Feb 2013
That was very satisfying and they deserved it. But if that was real life... Rinne would not have gotten away with it. Enjoyed this episode, growing more fond of Rinne; She reminds me of Fate in many ways.
Nov 5, 2016 8:45 AM

Dec 2009
Guys, that was intense!
I can't cite another scene like that in nanoha series.
5/5
Nov 22, 2016 8:09 PM

Feb 2014
That had to be hands down the most satisfying ending in an anime ive seen in quite a long time. All I could think at the end was PUT EM IN THE DIRT
Around and around the cycle goes.
Dec 22, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2014
So, the reason she's like that is because she got bullied? I didn't see it... got bullied? Just 20 min wasn't enough... I think they needed to put more time in bullying scenes....... -.-"

Totally stupid episode. 20 min of cliche disgusting bullying and then some "wtf" gore moment in an anime like this one to redeem the bully matter.
just what the hell...........

Why.... *sigh* They couldn't use a good idea..? It was so hard to thought about it...? So let's decide to use... bully! So easy.

Well, whatever.
TechOtakuDec 22, 2016 2:53 PM
Jan 11, 2017 12:48 PM

Jan 2011
I was hoping for the moment where she doesn't let them bully her anymore. I was practically yelling for her to punch them in the face. You are way stronger and you waited long enough for them to lose interest, it's not gonna happen

But i meant *in* the face, not *with* the face *in* the wall.

And it does *not* explain why she doesn't like fighting. Unless she only thinks of it negatively, *having* to fight due to things like this, instead of the positive angle, being able to prevent this or put and end to this. Or even fighting just because she likes it, and being bully-proof as a bonus.

I guess her pesonality does a 180% when it comes to fighting, as she seems happy enough at home, but gets worse the closer (distance, not time) she gets to a match, where only reason her opponents don't end up as bad as those girls is that they are somewhat prepared for it, being top fighters on their own. She does add insult to injury though to make up for it..
Mar 22, 2017 3:22 PM

Dec 2016
Rinne has a lovely family that took her in.

I absolutely loved watching Rinne destroy those 3 bitches.

What they did to her all those times and especially on the day her grandfather died just absolutely disgusting behavior.
Mar 30, 2017 3:42 AM

Jun 2008
I can hear the director from here: "They're going to want a revenge scene, so let's damn well give them a revenge scene." No holds barred, all-out revenge. They'll never bully again. Probably won't even get the chance to.
Aug 5, 2017 2:16 AM

Jun 2017
They always say violence isn't the answer, but... as someone who dealt with lots of bullying like that, I have to say I found this episode particularly satisfying. You have no idea how badly I was hoping she'd rearrange their faces. And you know, bullies deserve to have bones broken and get permanent injuries - they know what they're doing before they do it, lack of compassion is no excuse for it. I always got told that if you ignored them they'd stop but that was not the case even once. People had to go to the hospital for that to happen, so I'm proud of Rinne, she did exactly what she was supposed to do =)

Rinne and Fuuka are both rather charming characters for very different reasons. I guess Rinne isn't that charming in the present, with her attitude, but they both were when they were little. They have a good dichotomy going on here, and as much as I'm not that satisfied with where this series picks up, I've come around to it's two main heroine's.

Vi- said:
Totally stupid episode. 20 min of cliche disgusting bullying and then some "wtf" gore moment in an anime like this one to redeem the bully matter.
just what the hell...........

Heh, destruction of personal property, physical violence, ridicule and isolation - dealing with that stuff on a daily basis will inevitably mess a person up. They aren't really "no big deal" to people who have to deal with them day in / day out, you know? It ruins their life, and odds are they can't even make friends because of it, because others are afraid of the same treatment by association.

Bullying is almost always significantly worse than the bullies and bystanders realize ...then they're surprised when violence happens... go figure. There's a reason kids snap and shoot or stab their classmates and it's almost exclusively bullies' faults.

Well, it was predictable but justified, and a real world situation. Except the people being picked on in real life can't exactly destroy the bullies like Rinne... ;) at least... not normally.
Alpha-MethylAug 5, 2017 2:46 AM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

55 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 31, 2023 2:30 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

46 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

37 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 11, 2023 5:56 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 3 Discussion

ixarising - Oct 15, 2016

47 by Animelover875 »»
Sep 6, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » ViVid Strike! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2016

67 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Apr 24, 2023 2:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.