Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 4, 2010 6:54 PM

Nov 2006

so moe
Feb 4, 2010 7:04 PM

Jun 2008
Whiskers said:
Noel is hilarious. :D

So, yes, love-love for this episode. Enjoyed it very much. Thank gawd they didn't end the episode with fanservice.

Okay, maybe I was in ARIA mode or something when I watched this, but... Kanata sounded a lot like Akari to me, Kureha like Aika, and Filicia as Alicia. Srsly. Possibly Rio as Akira.

Noel is too talkative to be Yuki Nagato.
I was waiting for Kureha to turn to Kanata and say "embarressing remarks are not allowed".
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Feb 4, 2010 9:10 PM

Mar 2009
I'm still a little stuck on how Kanata mastered the trumpet so quickly. When I first started the trumpet, it took me a decent while to build up a higher range and a lot longer than that to get the strong, beautiful tone she somehow mysteriously possesses.
Feb 4, 2010 9:14 PM

May 2009
Don't watch this show when you're tired - unless your goal is to fall asleep. Still, all in all a decent episode.
Feb 5, 2010 5:31 PM

Nov 2007
At least they completed the field trip.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Feb 6, 2010 5:45 AM

Jun 2008
spleen1013 said:
I'm still a little stuck on how Kanata mastered the trumpet so quickly. When I first started the trumpet, it took me a decent while to build up a higher range and a lot longer than that to get the strong, beautiful tone she somehow mysteriously possesses.
I would first gather to think she was playing on it the bugle (which is what she has) since she saw the bugler in a flashback. Probably had some lessons from her also. So isn't with some basic. The problem was she was forcing the notes had some high pressure on her embushore with, as you can stated, can produce bad intonation and cracked notes (as an ex-drum corps marcher, I can attest to that).
When she was told to relax her body, especially around the fact and shoulder as practically all my brass instructors have told us, she was able to reduce the pressure on her lips and could play the notes correctly. And with her having perfect pitch she was able to focus in on the tone.

I do agree that the transformation was to fast, even for someone with the basics but we are talking about a bugle so all she had to work with were open note partials (below staff C, G, C, E, & G). Not really a lot of notes to work with. Rio, OTOH, had a three valve trumpet and had the full range.

(btw, I have played on a military bugle, valve-rotor bugle, two- and three-valve bugle-baritone and contra as well as a variety of other brass instruments)

Feb 6, 2010 12:30 PM

May 2007
The trip fillar was exiting.

The series are almost halfway through and I'm starting to wonder if there will be any plot.

Feb 6, 2010 2:19 PM

May 2008
I have to know how much those things weigh.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 6, 2010 2:31 PM

Feb 2009
All moe, and no plot. It's cute, but I dunno if I can stick around for eight more plotless episodes...

Feb 6, 2010 2:46 PM

Jun 2008
ukonkivi said:
It looked like more then them. I felt for thier backs. Ow...

Feb 6, 2010 4:42 PM

Oct 2009
ukonkivi said:
At least 300 pounds or maybe 200. Let's assume twice the weight of those girls.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Feb 6, 2010 4:59 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
ukonkivi said:
At least 300 pounds or maybe 200. Let's assume twice the weight of those girls.
I looked it up. The US military rucksack, full-loaded and weight distributed, is about 120 pounds (http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_ruck_022304,00.html). From the look of what they girls had, it's definately more than 120 pounds, and it seemed to have been loaded on the bottom. I would agree with your estimates.

Feb 6, 2010 6:15 PM

Oct 2009
I'm really enjoying this series.
The episodes always start out boring but as the episode progresses they get really interesting.

and I still love Noel and hate Kanata.
Feb 6, 2010 6:56 PM

Oct 2009
ironflowers said:
Why Kanata? She has her own charms...yes?

Feb 7, 2010 6:53 AM

Apr 2008
Why can't we have an anime about the time Klaus-shousa crossed a desert in a tank without food or water for three days and took down an enemy fortress instead of this shit?
Feb 7, 2010 8:45 AM

Dec 2008
I love this military comedy mix
I feel reminded of a movie from 1981 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083131/ ;-)

Plate said:
Why can't we have an anime about the time Klaus-shousa crossed a desert in a tank without food or water for three days and took down an enemy fortress instead of this shit?
how unfair ; (
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 7, 2010 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
At least I haven't seen the word "K-ON" yet in this thread, thx god.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Feb 7, 2010 9:10 PM

Oct 2009
Plate said:
Yeah I agree with Plate ...a flashback would be nice of that.

Feb 7, 2010 10:01 PM

Oct 2009
francismeunier said:
ironflowers said:

Yes, but she annoys me. I like her cuteness but hate her personality.
Feb 8, 2010 12:38 AM

Oct 2009
ironflowers said:
francismeunier said:
ironflowers said:

Yes, but she annoys me. I like her cuteness but hate her personality.

Ah...that I agree with you.

Feb 8, 2010 4:12 AM

Jun 2008
Plate said:
It already did. It only took 30 seconds to do it.

Feb 8, 2010 6:32 AM

Oct 2009
sbyrstall said:
Plate said:
No he means....animated as a separate story and I agree with him that it would have more action than anything so far in this serie.

Feb 8, 2010 12:00 PM

Jun 2008
Plate said:
You just want to see slender men in tight uniforms sweating in a cramped tank... Your picture gives you away.
Feb 8, 2010 12:59 PM

Jun 2008
francismeunier said:
sbyrstall said:
Plate said:
No he means....animated as a separate story and I agree with him that it would have more action than anything so far in this serie.

Why? It wouldn't fit wellwith the slice-of-life stories that are going on. Klaus comes across as a one-time appearance.

Feb 9, 2010 12:42 AM

Apr 2008
Proselyt said:
Plate said:
You just want to see slender men in tight uniforms sweating in a cramped tank... Your picture gives you away.

I can't believe I was so transparent!
Feb 9, 2010 12:45 AM

Oct 2009
Proselyt said:
Plate said:
Rofl I don't think they would show it like that...I would rather see more explosions, blood and action.

Feb 9, 2010 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
Proselyt said:
Plate said:
Actually it's just one sweaty man in a tank for three days. Talk about less of storyline.

Feb 9, 2010 6:19 AM

Apr 2008
I'd still watch it.
Feb 9, 2010 7:43 AM

Jan 2009
Still a pretty strange OP I must say ┐('~`;)┌
Woah, there's actually a war going on? (・3・ア
Oh... Just a drill, what'd I expect? ┐(-。ー')┌
What the crap's wrong with Kanata, she's waaay to active (¬_¬)
Pro Fessor, cool ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
Noel~ ヽ(´ー`)ノ
Anyway, they're in the military, but they can't carry their backpacks? Aren't they supposed to be able to to at least that if they've joined the miltary? ಠ_ಠ
I think Kureha is rather triggerhappy. ヽ(´Д`ヽ)
So there has been some pretty devastating war there, eh? ( ゚,_ゝ゚) Oh well~
Om nom nom

So, this episode in a nutshell? Stupid and senseless stuff combined with some beautiful scenery, I wonder if we'll ever get anything else?
Oh and for some reason, Rio looks pretty badass with those gloves on (゚⊿゚) Dunno.. There's just something about them gloves... ( ゚ ー ゚)
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 9, 2010 12:30 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Anyway, they're in the military, but they can't carry their backpacks? Aren't they supposed to be able to to at least that if they've joined the miltary? ಠ_ಠ
Not when the weigh of these girls = to about 100 pounds or maybe 130 at most if breast weigh included.

Feb 9, 2010 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Not when the weigh of these girls = to about 100 pounds or maybe 130 at most if breast weigh included.
But still, by joining the military, you would expect them to at least have trained themselves enough to perform a simple task such as carrying these backpacks, since that'd be a necessary task at times.
Also.. "Breast weight"? These girls got not breasts xD None to take note of anyway, or at the very least, not enough to do any difference.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Feb 9, 2010 1:27 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:

So their little breasts weigh 30 pounds?
Feb 9, 2010 1:39 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:

I did not know Rio nor Filicia had small breasts......

Feb 9, 2010 2:17 PM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:

I did not know Kanata, Noel, or Kureha had large breasts.

And how ironic that you of all people would facepalm at other things people say.
Feb 9, 2010 2:30 PM

Oct 2009
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Wasabi said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:

I did not know Kanata, Noel, or Kureha had large breasts.

And how ironic that you of all people would facepalm at other things people say.
I did not say that...I said it in general and yes other face-palmed at me so I decided too.....you might be my first victim. BTW Kanata is not flat..she has some still.

Feb 10, 2010 4:29 AM

Jun 2008
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
But still, by joining the military, you would expect them to at least have trained themselves enough to perform a simple task such as carrying these backpacks, since that'd be a necessary task at times.
Also.. "Breast weight"? These girls got not breasts xD None to take note of anyway, or at the very least, not enough to do any difference.
Standard military packs, fully loaded, is about 120 pounds. Fully balanced. These packs were neither. They looked over 200 and were bottom heavy and unevenly balanced so even the best military troop would have a difficult time carrying it. Add to it that these girls looked to be no more than 100 pounds wet. All the training in the world would never prepare them for this.

Feb 10, 2010 11:28 PM

Oct 2009
sbyrstall said:
Oosran said:
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Standard military packs, fully loaded, is about 120 pounds. Fully balanced. These packs were neither. They looked over 200 and were bottom heavy and unevenly balanced so even the best military troop would have a difficult time carrying it. Add to it that these girls looked to be no more than 100 pounds wet. All the training in the world would never prepare them for this.
So basically in the end it was a ridiculous exaggeration...

Feb 17, 2010 12:05 PM

Jan 2009
rosagigantia said:

tr3v0r said:
Did Kanata engrave her name on the wall, because I only saw Noel and Kureha

tr3v0r said:
Did Kanata engrave her name on the wall, because I only saw Noel and Kureha

彼方=Kanata.

I'm a bit confused like this.. each symbol alone is Kureha and Noel, but both together they are Kanata??? Or am I wrong. Because it does seem odd that they would only put Kureha and Noel's name on the wall, unless the creators are just showing that those two have been there before.
Feb 17, 2010 1:23 PM
Nov 2008
Edit: Double post. Wrote it better the second time. See below.
Thalandor46Feb 17, 2010 1:30 PM
Feb 17, 2010 1:29 PM
Nov 2008
KanuTousen said:
I'm a bit confused like this.. each symbol alone is Kureha and Noel, but both together they are Kanata??? Or am I wrong. Because it does seem odd that they would only put Kureha and Noel's name on the wall, unless the creators are just showing that those two have been there before.

The Japanese on the wall doesn't correspond to Kureha or Noel at all. There has been a lot of evidence suggesting that Kanata's home is havily based on Japanese culture. So it would make sense that Kanata signs her name in Japanese, while Kureha and Noel, not raised in Japanese-based culture, sign their name with Roman letters. Make sense?
Feb 17, 2010 3:18 PM

May 2009
Enjoyed this episode, it was cute and funny.
I hope there'll be more about No-Man's Land and the tank, because I think the history seems pretty interesting, and it'd be nice to have some drama and action.
Feb 17, 2010 3:47 PM

Jan 2009
Thalandor46 said:
KanuTousen said:

The Japanese on the wall doesn't correspond to Kureha or Noel at all. There has been a lot of evidence suggesting that Kanata's home is havily based on Japanese culture. So it would make sense that Kanata signs her name in Japanese, while Kureha and Noel, not raised in Japanese-based culture, sign their name with Roman letters. Make sense?

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I thought it was the subber, putting in an english translation next to it.. thank you so much for the explanation Thalandor46!
Feb 19, 2010 11:02 PM

Dec 2007
It was very entertaining and good episode. While it lacks plot, I enjoyed these few beautiful scenes.
gameoffreak8Feb 19, 2010 11:07 PM
Mar 7, 2010 8:46 PM

Jun 2008
I have been enjoying the series to an extent. But what I really enjoyed about this one, is that it mixed well it's military theme with a slice of life, so far this series wasn't really doing that. Perhaps things are finally going to pick up.
May 12, 2010 1:06 AM
Apr 2009
Just an awesome episode! Noël is just too funny =)
Jul 4, 2010 6:12 AM

Sep 2007
francismeunier said:
Oosran said:
Breasts don't weigh 30 pounds...

Anyway, this was a fun episode. This anime needs more adventure episodes like this.

Nov 30, 2010 5:29 PM

Jun 2009
Even if the plot is still nowhere to be seen, this episode was the most enjoyable until now. The settings were beautiful, the art is really amazing.

Noël~ She’s warming up~
Pro Fessor Kanata’s the only too idiotic to fall into such a simple trick.

I wonder… Kanata said she doesn’t know to read ideograms, but she writes her name in kanji…? What the…?
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Dec 10, 2010 8:11 PM

Aug 2010
iwatchthisshowfortheplot.jpg
Sep 3, 2012 10:34 PM

Sep 2011
Haha good episode! The part where Rio was demonstrating the proper way to carry a heavy bag was hilarious! xD
Oct 2, 2012 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
In my opinion, this was probably the best episode of the series =P. She didn't have to steal their stuff! What an asshole!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Nakei - Jan 18, 2010

160 by H_Molokov »»
Mar 25, 10:15 PM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kerlyenai - Feb 15, 2010

142 by James-LastOmnic »»
Jan 19, 9:11 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Maximatum99 - Mar 22, 2010

264 by SX6 »»
Jan 17, 11:28 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

francismeunier - Feb 22, 2010

140 by NECROMANCER_2003 »»
Jan 6, 2:27 AM

Poll: » So Ra No Wo To Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

SFB - Mar 15, 2010

219 by antoninus_v »»
Oct 30, 2023 6:31 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.