Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 2, 2016 4:23 PM

Jun 2013
SkyLETV said:
Kirigiri50 said:

I agree sometimes I can t stop looking at her lol lol haha

Same xD........Lailah best girl.
+
agree lol and the storm is back
Aug 2, 2016 4:39 PM

Aug 2011
Axelucard said:
SkyLETV said:

Same xD........Lailah best girl.
+
agree lol and the storm is back

Pfft. Edna is best girl.
Aug 2, 2016 6:48 PM

Jan 2010
Currently playing the game and it really blows my mind how much it has change for the better. I'm like 50% through and the story so far is paper thin to the point I really want to skip the cutscene

The anime somehow made it very engaging

Aug 3, 2016 1:00 AM

Jul 2013
Gotta love how they keep improving the source material and focusing on Alisha as well. I love the political game going on at Lady Lake.
Aug 3, 2016 2:09 AM

Oct 2008
ufotable is really the lord of particle animation! I've never seen a studio this top-notch! (in terms of...you know art/animation)
and OST is really great though...
that chaos destruction tornado is at it again! and this time its wrecking the kingdom itself!
5/5.
matias067Aug 3, 2016 2:16 AM

Aug 3, 2016 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
Interesting that the apocalyptic tornado that wreaked such havoc in the prologue episode has returned again, which would seem to suggest that its presence is a reflection of the Malevolence changing the land for the worse (at least, that's my guess considering the exposition about Malevolence and stuff in this episode).
Aug 3, 2016 9:20 AM

Jul 2016
danieltortoisee said:
Interesting that the apocalyptic tornado that wreaked such havoc in the prologue episode has returned again, which would seem to suggest that its presence is a reflection of the Malevolence changing the land for the worse (at least, that's my guess considering the exposition about Malevolence and stuff in this episode).

We're in uncharted territories but I highly doubt that this tornado is the same from the desert.

I'll avoid using game knowledge since it can be some sort of spoilers. I'll use what we have seen.

In the desert (episode 0, it wasn't part of the game), the tornado became a fiery tornado --- suggesting that it was a Fire entity who caused it. What we got was a Fire Dragon.

In episode 4, the tornado appears to be agitating the Water Element. Thunder could be seen inside the tornado. Water rushed out from the earth into the surface, breaking those ruins apart. I believe we're dealing with a Water entity.

Aug 3, 2016 6:49 PM

Mar 2009
FrozenSheep said:
The next 2 weeks are going to be about Berseria (takes place like 1000+ years before Tales of Zestiria). We're likely going to discover how "Malevolence and Calamity" came into existence... well, if ToB trailers are somewhat accurate, that is.

We will see Velvet for sure. We will also see her sworn enemy (seen in the announcement trailer for this Anime, I think).

That explains the odd preview at the end of this episode.
I like Velvet's character design.
Aug 4, 2016 4:18 AM

Aug 2011
Mormegil said:
FrozenSheep said:
The next 2 weeks are going to be about Berseria (takes place like 1000+ years before Tales of Zestiria). We're likely going to discover how "Malevolence and Calamity" came into existence... well, if ToB trailers are somewhat accurate, that is.

We will see Velvet for sure. We will also see her sworn enemy (seen in the announcement trailer for this Anime, I think).

That explains the odd preview at the end of this episode.
I like Velvet's character design.

Hopefully it shows whether ToB will have a better story than ToZ. From the trailers, it looks more interesting. As a Tales game, ToZ was the worst I've played, so I hope ToB makes up for it.
Aug 4, 2016 7:57 AM

Jan 2014
Well, a cliffhanger is always necessary for a good series I believe.

The story starting to get more deep, shortly Sorey will discover the black side of humans and I wonder what will he do after that, probably choose to believe in Alisha at least.

From the ending review it seems the trio won't take part in the next episode, wonder what it'll be about.
ElgarginiAug 4, 2016 8:15 AM
Aug 4, 2016 9:40 AM
Apr 2016
damn its Good!this worth watching for!
hoping for greater episodes !
Aug 4, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
I liked seeing Alisha talk to the Seraphim; nice change. I'm still getting a cheesy kind of vibe for this show though.. Then again, it is adapted from a game, so there will be stretches. Also still thinking that Sorey is overpowered, though. Even if he has help from the Seraphim..

Seems like Alisha is getting a flashback experience of when her friends died in that storm. That ending definitely gave me the chills.

Wonder what's gonna happen next week!
Aug 5, 2016 8:28 AM
Feb 2011
I just want more Alisha. <3
Aug 6, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2013
I love Lailah, seriously. She made the episode this time. Her voice is also very cute.
The episode also reveals Alisha is special, as she can heard with the Serpahs if Sorey concentrates enough.

Things got ugly at the end. Cannot wait to see the battle against that boss. Too bad we have to wait a week for that :(
Aug 7, 2016 7:00 AM

Oct 2015
must've been pretty awkward for Alisha when Sorey started talking to Mikleo and Lailah in front of her D:

Mikleo: "Sorey.."
Sorey: "Yes I know m8, I totally understand.. I absolutely know what you are going to say/mean."
O.O'

aah the lord of calamity, sounds like Yato has found his way into the wrong anime

standing and gazing around as the ceiling collapses, and running over ice.. okay...

aww man I wanted them to visit the baths next episode ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
yonaaofthedawnAug 7, 2016 7:11 AM
Aug 7, 2016 12:15 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow have to say that the anime is still going on pretty strong.

This episode i felt was pretty good as the story is getting more interesting by the minute and i have a feeling that the chancellor would end up doing something bad in the future.

The characters themselves still remain as interesting as ever especially Lailah who i find extremely funny. Its nice to see that Alisha is able to talk to the seraphs now lol. Before it was pretty funny seeing her speak to where she hoped they were located at.

The combat scenes for this episode was pretty well done and the fight against the bat monster in the ruins was pretty well done.

Edit With the quality of the animation i wonder just much of a budget do they actually have lol

Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode now that the storm that Alisha saw in ep0 is finally here

I loving the fact that the anime is expanding on whats only mentioned in the game and doing it so well as well. Especially that scene with the skeletons in the ruins
ShingsterAug 7, 2016 12:42 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 12:17 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
polke45 said:
Currently playing the game and it really blows my mind how much it has change for the better. I'm like 50% through and the story so far is paper thin to the point I really want to skip the cutscene

The anime somehow made it very engaging

Tell me about it lol
Im still amazed how different it is from the game
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2016 4:39 AM

Aug 2013
Alisha is nice, but Lailah is the best. xD
Time for an adventure around the world ? Doesn't seem like it lol.
Aug 11, 2016 5:27 PM

Aug 2014
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ʖ̯ ͡°)
Aug 12, 2016 7:00 AM

Dec 2015
Some infos, what I suppose was a dungeon visit? and a fight in the dark so full of special effects it was too "luminous".

3.5+/5

Despite how stupid it is, the "next episode" segment is still my favourite part of each episode.

[quote=Dafka message=47172916
The amount of CGI used is starting to bother me a bit. At least the parts with the fully CGI city.[/quote]
Those images are not particularly pretty but at least you don't see in them any drawn character who clashes with the background to the point the character looks like a paper theater figurine.
Aug 17, 2016 10:39 AM

Nov 2015

I really love the next episode previews xD

FrozenSheep said:
DoctorWasabi said:
Never played the game, and this story is confusing as fuck. I just want to see the fights that Ufotable can beautifully animate

I'll try to make it simple without spoiling anything.

Lord of Calamity = Creates an abnormal amount of Malevolence.

Malevolence = Twist living things and objects alike. It can turn humans into Hellion (Fox Guy from episode 0). It can turn animals into Hellions (Bats from this episode). It can animate non-living things (Water, Earth... as seen in this episode)

Calamity = When too much Malevolence is accumulated, it will bring forth Calamities. What kind of Calamities? Well, think of Episode 00 --- that giant Tornado that killed Alisha's friend and destroyed a town. Calamities can be natural disaster, I guess.

Shepherd: His/her duty is to quell the biggest source of Malevolence --- The Lord of Calamity.

Humans can generate some Malevolence as well (as seen in previous episodes) when certain conditions are met (Fear, evil, heavy unhealthy emotions, etc). While it is not a great amount, when you condense a huge crowd of humans (in huge cities), things can get out of hand.

Sorey's journey is about bringing balance back into the world. He must defeat the Lord of Calamity.

Next episode seems to focus on Velvet, the protagonist from the upcoming game, Tales of Berseria. Since the game isn't out, I can't do anything but speculate based on what they've shown.

From what I have been, it will (next week's episode) show how Calamity and Malevolence started. This may help you understand better (I hope so... I'm only guessing since I have no idea what's in it).

This guy deserves a cookie.
HumbertoZeroAug 17, 2016 10:44 AM
Aug 21, 2016 1:26 PM

Dec 2009
The unlimited budget is truly unlimited.

Well balls. Looks like the tornado is back. Time to burn it with fire?
Aug 23, 2016 2:25 AM

May 2014
Excellent visuals. Very interesting episode, 5/5
Aug 28, 2016 10:22 AM

Apr 2015
For some reason I kept pausing the episode when Lailah appeared XD.

Amazing episode.
Aug 31, 2016 3:43 AM

Jul 2009
Good thing Alisha was able to hear the seraphs.
Sep 2, 2016 2:19 PM
Jul 2016
Laliah: "This is what it's like to have a Seraph inside you."
Sorey: "Actually, I already know what it's like to have a Seraph inside of me"
Laliah: "Really, I thought I was your first Seraph you formed a contract with.
Mikleo: "Oh my god, it was just once Sorey. Can you just shut up about it?
Lailiah: "................"
Oct 4, 2016 11:18 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice episode... good battle aganist a big bad ... a new revelation, all the kingdoms are corrupted, and have black holes!!!
Oct 13, 2016 8:11 AM

Nov 2011
Very "instructive" this incident, now must wait only future events, given that all they needed to make the trip (in an abstract sense and not only), there was supplied very scrupulously. Too bad that the discovery of the ruins was so short, I was thrilled when they began to look for traces of possible mysteries in the ruins of Ladylake. It is a feast for the eyes and ears this anime. Well managed dialogues, which have been able to also give useful explanations on how certain mechanisms, at least for those not accustomed to the game.
Oct 20, 2016 9:21 PM

Mar 2015
Gets better with each episode, I can appreciate that this series is based from a game!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 28, 2016 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
I'm guessing those ruins are dungeons in the game. Damn This is making me want to but the game.
Jan 12, 2017 5:50 PM

Nov 2010
For three days, Sorey was wiped out. He's now Lailah's vessel and is the Shepperd. OOOH. SOREY'S GOT SOME NEW DUDS. OMGGG. HAHAHA
Sorey is pulling along Mikleo to get so close to Alisha. omggg. Time for introductions. Lailah wants to talk to Alisha. I'm getting emotional. She hears them now. omgg.
While Alisha is gone to the capital to talk about Sorey, he and the other two go and explore. They explore the ruins and is able to enter the place thanks to Sorey forgetting to return the dagger. They fight a hellion. HAHA. Then Alisha shows him how she can go inside of him. HAHAHA. Mikleo could possibly make a pact with Sorey, too.
I totally thought Alisha's master was going to smack her silly. Uh ohhh. That wind is back. Lunarre is just there.
Feb 12, 2017 1:12 PM

May 2012
Pretty great episode I must say! Let's see what happens next!
Jan 6, 2018 12:40 PM

Sep 2017
So far they've stuck to the plot points of the game and included pretty much all the story scenes at the right moments. Just made it feel more like a proper story rather than padding out what they already had. Fairly decent
Jul 11, 2021 5:43 AM

May 2018
Oh hey a tornado. Pretty cool
Apr 10, 2022 2:13 AM

Feb 2020
We got some interesting information about the Malevolence.

The battle scene looked amazing again. Lailah's Flare Vortex was cool.

SerafosMay 9, 9:54 PM
Jul 2, 2022 3:53 AM

Jul 2020
As expected the show is a visual orgasm but unfortunately the plot feels kinda generic so far.
Sep 5, 2022 5:09 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
This seems to be the first real divergence from the game, although it doesn't break with it entirely either, and in terms of story beats it makes sense.

I like that we're seeing more of Alisha - one of the things I found disappointing in the game was that she more or less disappeared for the next couple dozen hours into the store when Sorey became Shepherd.

The next episode skits do a great job of conveying the zany humor the skits in the Tales series are known for.
Beep boop
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.