Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 28, 2019 5:23 AM

May 2016
It's really amusing that the tension in the room can be cut with a knife for one second only to be really chill at the other. They're pretty similar, being both super-skilled and normally carefree chefs so it was nice to see them interact with each other. Alice is so cute ♥

Alice's dish looked superb but it can barely be considered a real bento dish since she only treated the container as a container without even thinking about how she can use it to her advantage. Soma's presentation was a lot more simple in preparation but it looked absolutely delicious and utilized the properties of the bento box that defined it as an unique category of Japanese cooking to the max. He also managed to capture the sentimental feelings that come with bento and warmed everyone's hearts. I haven't eaten dinner yet so I'm practically drooling thinking about it.

It went rather quick but I enjoyed it a lot anyway. I hope Megumi will be fine~

Jan 6, 2020 1:20 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Soma wins ! He's so great, that's a nice beginning
Jan 21, 2020 11:42 AM

Nov 2017
She missed out on the LOVE of the bento box.

I've never actually had a bento box before, I bet they're good. Sort of like a multilayered hot lunch in a tin. Sounds good. Or k-rations.
Feb 4, 2020 7:16 PM

Aug 2017
They hyped Alice a lot in S1 and she was easily defeated by Souma. Weak start for S2. 2/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 10, 2020 6:55 PM

Jul 2012
It's been five years since I've watched season 1. This is very enjoyable from the start! Give me some bento~
Jun 9, 2020 4:52 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Okay, this was fast. More so in the sense that I feel like the buildup was almost non-existent considering how Season 1 ended.

So it turns out Soma managed to eke out a victory against Alice thanks to the difference in appreciation and understanding of the rich bento culture. Makes sense, I doubt he stands a chance against any other theme after all.

Didn't expect the Grandfather to be so gung-ho about Soma's food though, even going as far as to explaining the difference between the two dishes.

To be honest, I was a little thrown off by this episode but here's to hoping the next will get me right back on track.

Got to say, the Animation seems to have taken a lighter route especially with the Characters making them seem a little more refined of sorts. Can't say I dislike the change, honestly.

Op song seems just about fine, in all honesty. Op 1 is still my favourite of the lot followed by 2 and now 3, as things stand as of this point.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 22, 2020 6:51 PM

May 2018
animation looks really good this season, hope it keeps the quality up like this. i think that its pretty fast paced/rushed, which i not really feeling. lets just see how it goes anyway.
Sep 29, 2020 4:09 PM

Mar 2010
Ah was hoping that red eyed girl won, I wanted to see her breasts a bit longer yikes lolz.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 19, 2021 4:10 AM
Mar 2021
The anime is okay the only thing that threw me off a lot was the nude scenes I’m not complaining about them but it felt like that that was all it had to offer
Jul 11, 2021 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
First episode to the second season already not wasting any time with the Autumn Election Preliminaries as the first round matchup between Alice and Soma not only was announced but also completely took place in this episode itself. The episode definitely was not quite as refined on the production side as the first season but still looks miles better than the future seasons (still though, not a fan of the downfall from early on till the final season), and the pacing was definitely fast which was slightly disappointing since I wanted to see more of the cooking processes.

At least the matchup still was entertaining and I liked the theme. Soma definitely won even for me though since he honored the theme a lot more and made excellent dishes that harmonized well with each other as a bento compared to Alice which felt more like a special sushi box rather than a proper bento. This is where Soma's experience as a diner cook really shined, and he took advantage of his experience to convincingly win this bout.
Sep 2, 2021 2:27 AM

Nov 2019
I'm in disagreement with you, Mr @Stark700.

Since they had decided to omit the off-session between competitions, the tension, which should have been surpressed and unleashed at the right time, was getting out of nowhere. Also, as the opening of a sequel, that transition could be the break for audiences to stretch their brain. Therefore, the pace in this particular episode is a problem, as preparation for the contest is important, too.

The OP is identical of Battle Shounen, which is a downfall in comparison to OP1 and EDs of the first season.

In summary, typical J.C Staff.
SgtBateManSep 2, 2021 2:30 AM
Help! I need somebody. Help! Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Helpppppp!

Nov 18, 2022 4:20 PM
May 2020
I wondered how the MC was going to beat the chemist cook. And, she forgot that the theme was bento and what that meant!
Jul 11, 2023 5:04 PM

Dec 2022
Great first episode
Oct 10, 2023 4:43 AM
May 2023
Came for the food content, stayed for the science behind food frr
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

203 by Boring_Rose »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

152 by j2ez2 »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

235 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

141 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

155 by dspr »»
Jul 12, 2023 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.