Forum Settings
Forums

do you think it's ok for guys to approach girls in public?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 31, 2016 3:23 AM
Jul 2018
1) Is it fine if guy approaches girl in public, in order to get to know her, because he finds said girl attractive? this is assuming both are strangers prior to meeting.

or is that creepy and guys should stick to finding girls in other ways?

i find it creepy when guys do that to me and i'm hostile towards them

2) to girls, would you be ok with a guy in public approaching you because you caught his eye? and made his heart go doki-doki?

no
May 31, 2016 4:22 AM

Feb 2012
It makes me want to stab them in the eye when someone bothers me with stupid things and I just want to continue on with my business, so I understand women on this matter quite well. Too many looneys out there. I simply follow the teachings of Jesus and treat others like I want to be treated.
May 31, 2016 4:05 PM

Sep 2014
kawaiiyuris said:

edit: as snuggly said, most people who are out are out for a reason and they're in a specific mindset that doesn't include flirting.

SnugglyWhuggly said:
aikaflip said:

This depends on their personality. Some people love meeting new people, while others don't. If you give off a friendly or positive vibe, it's easy to find yourself in conversations with random people. Many of my real life friendships have started with simple greetings either to or from me.

Of course, but even the most outgoing of people persons may not appreciate being approached when they're busy going about their business.
You need to be able to read social cues as well, if someone looks busy or in a rush, they probably are.

maybe it's just a female thing, i would love for an attractive female to approach me when I'm out, even if I was busy writing the next world's great novel.

also @SnugglyWhuggly, I am kind of surprised you are against this, seeing as talking to a stranger on the internet rarely leads to genuine relationships of any kind and rarely happens...just saying.
AnimeFreak-SanMay 31, 2016 4:13 PM
May 31, 2016 8:22 PM

Feb 2016
Shaheen- said:
MadScientess said:
It depends on what the approach is. If a guy comes up to me and asks how my day is going and is interested in me as a person I'm all for it. If a guy comes up to me and is completely rude and is only interested in me for my body, I'm against it. I've actually had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for a bus and say, "I want to f*** your hair." That is not something a girl wants to hear.

ummm... wait a minute. How can a complete stranger be interested in something he doesn't even know of (your personality)?

In other words, you don't support this. Because any stranger who approaches you is only interested in your body (and that's perfectly normal -- but you're the judge here).

Guys can show they're interested in me as a person by making small talk with me about things we have in common as two people, like if we're walking in the same direction, the weather, waiting for the same bus, etc. where they treat me like person with an opinion. That's how.
May 31, 2016 9:36 PM

Dec 2014
As long as you have social intelligence.
May 31, 2016 9:44 PM

Aug 2009
Red_Keys said:
No human beings are not allowed to interact.

Approaching a girl in public should be considered rape.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 1, 2016 1:23 AM

May 2015
MadScientess said:
Shaheen- said:

ummm... wait a minute. How can a complete stranger be interested in something he doesn't even know of (your personality)?

In other words, you don't support this. Because any stranger who approaches you is only interested in your body (and that's perfectly normal -- but you're the judge here).

Guys can show they're interested in me as a person by making small talk with me about things we have in common as two people, like if we're walking in the same direction, the weather, waiting for the same bus, etc. where they treat me like person with an opinion. That's how.

This.

The key to approaching strangers in public is having a window of oppurtunity, a way to start a conversation.

Some people like to flirt with force. I'd rather start talking. If she has a boyfriend or a lesbian or whatever, at least we had a pleasant talk.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 9, 2016 6:15 AM

Sep 2016
is it really that bad to approach a girls in public o.0
Welcome to the Party.

Sep 9, 2016 12:32 PM

Apr 2015
Hasn't happened to me much but it depends on the situation of course. If the woman is at a bar or a party then i consider perfectly okay. But if she's going somewhere, has headphones on etc. then imo probably no.
Sep 9, 2016 12:36 PM

Apr 2016
Guys should never speak to girls, just let humans go extinct already.
Sep 9, 2016 12:37 PM

Jul 2009
Having this thread in a place like MAL just makes it all the more laughable
Sep 9, 2016 1:01 PM

Feb 2013
It's fine. Just don't be creepy about it.
Sep 9, 2016 3:08 PM
Dec 2014
AnimeFreak-San said:
from my understanding, interacting in a more "natural" environment (school, work, club activities) is the normal way to interact with the opposite (or same sex if that's your preference), and that other environments (shops, on the street, parks) one should take caution or perhaps even avoid flirting completely, so as to not come off as harassment.

I know that this is an old thread, but since it's been bumped I'll throw my two cents.

First of all, I personally avoid starting anything at work. Aside from the possible distractions, if things turn sour, it can get pretty awkward. It's bad enough when couple falls out amongst group of friends in school/college/clubs, but is even worse. Besides, not everyone work in an environment where the gender ratio is remotely balanced. One of my female friend is an engineer. She told me that she's the only girl amongst all her colleagues. All those guys is going to have to look elsewhere since she's already dating someone.

Secondly, to me how friendly a place (town, city, area) is defined by how people treat each other, even as strangers. Of course common sense and common courtesy applies. Mutually.
Sep 10, 2016 3:16 AM
Jul 2018
I think I would like if a guy came up to me, especially like in the train or a bus or some event, and tried to talk with me. I would be creeped out though if the first thing he would say has something to do with my looks regardless of being attracted to me.
Sep 10, 2016 8:48 AM

May 2015
You're assuming the girl is straight and single. As a gay guy I could do the same thing to hot guys on the street, but would it be appriecated?
Sep 10, 2016 8:56 AM

Aug 2015
Spooks said:
No, pretty sure thats classed as Rape now. I doubt guys want to take the risk.
Just keep your eyes to the ground males, you don't get to gaze upon women you shit lords.

if i wants it i gets it ...you cant tell me what to do
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 7:48 AM

Feb 2014
depends on body language and whats being said
i wouldnt mind a friendly chat but flirting randomly in the street is a nop
Sep 12, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2016
I think it's alright as long as he isn't coming on too strong. If she seems disinterested or uncomfortable he should leave her alone. Personally I wouldn't appreciate being approached by a stranger whether male or female, I simply don't want to be bothered. That being said, it seems silly to say it's wrong for someone to approach another person whilst in public.
You are now breathing manually.
Sep 12, 2016 9:54 AM
Dec 2015
Why the hell not... Of course he must act decently at least.... Striking up a casual conversation is not a bad idea at all....
Sep 12, 2016 10:15 AM
Apr 2015
Yes it's absolutely fine! But don't forget you need to have these qualities.

1.) Good looks
2.) Good personality
3.) Self confidence
4.) Good looks
Sep 12, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2012
No. girls are quick to drop a sexual harassment suit against you. Everything is rape nowadays so I just talk to myself.
Sep 12, 2016 10:46 AM

Mar 2008
If guys can handle accepting a simple "no", then sure. But they shouldn't bother girls who seem busy at that time, or don't seem in mood to talk to anyone.
Sep 12, 2016 10:57 AM

Aug 2010
I knew reading thru these comments would be interesting/entertaining. Its ok to approach a girl or a girl to approach a guy or girl to girl guy to guy whatever the interest is. just got understand that timing and location matter. also if the other person isnt interest then move on dont act like an ass. I get it most people wont dont want to talk to others unless its thru social media, a friend, school, or work place, but long ago people had the courage to start up a conversation and see where it goes to meeting new people.
Sep 12, 2016 11:06 AM

Jun 2016
It depends on three things mostly, timing, location, and the actual person.
You're not going to stop a random girl who's walking in the opposite direction you're going in the streets because you find her attractive.If it's in a situation where you wouldn't bother them it's acceptable to approach them I'd say, so long as they're sociable and fine with being approached by strangers of course.
Sep 12, 2016 11:51 AM

May 2009
It's only creepy if it is an old geezer approaching someone in their twenties or younger. My niece, mom, and sister were at a store and this older guy and his son I guess had complimented my niece who is fifteen but is really tall so she looks older than that and my sister immediately said to the guy "she is a child!" I think he was just complimenting her hair. But at the same time, one would think why does a grown man need to compliment the hair of a teenager?
Sep 12, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2012
When I approach a girl I make the gesture to see if she wants a drink, if she does I shout her a drink and continue drinking/ chatting with her.... if not I work my way to the pool table and play until I get a chick that likes my style...
Sep 12, 2016 12:43 PM

Apr 2016
AnimeFreak-San said:
1) Is it fine if guy approaches girl in public, in order to get to know her, because he finds said girl attractive? this is assuming both are strangers prior to meeting.

or is that creepy and guys should stick to finding girls in other ways?

2) to girls, would you be ok with a guy in public approaching you because you caught his eye? and made his heart go doki-doki?

3) guys, do you approach pretty girls in public?

habla, mal.

It is and he or she can say no. Nothing to over-think if you want to make something out of it.

Enen no Shouboutai - Joker
Sep 12, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2008
Mkim said:
Just try to be wearing clothes when approaching them

But then how am i going to show them i have a big penis?
Sep 12, 2016 8:08 PM

Feb 2008
1) It depends, Some girls are really weird about that, and will scream "rape" if you even look at them the wrong way. And some guys do it in such an awkward way that the situation becomes unbearable and I look for any reason to leave the conversation.
tip: never talk to a girl who has headphones on.

2)I personally never liked it when guys did that to me, but that's cause I dont like talking to people. and some guys think I'm making up an excuse when I say "I have a boyfriend" even though it's the truth, rather insulting really.
And talking to complete strangers freaks me out, I'm not good at talking. I know a lot of girls are fine with it though.

so I guess if you're going to do this you need REALLY GOOD people skills

Honestly, if i were you I wouldnt take the risk of either being yelled at or publicly humiliated.
Sep 12, 2016 8:27 PM

Jun 2008
Watch the film "Before Sunrise". It's a very natural film of how two people met and what happens after that.

In short, yes, it's okay. As long as you have a decent premise. Don't be all just like, you're hot.
Sep 12, 2016 8:35 PM

Apr 2015
This thread's stories have showed me that a lot more guys are assholes then I even thought before.

I can barely work up the courage to talk to a teacher so girls have no reason to worry about me talking to them lol

save me
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 13, 2016 11:04 AM

Jun 2016
If you look like ryan gosling or something, then its ok. Otherwise you're a creep :D
Sep 14, 2016 3:09 AM

May 2015
Tachii said:
Watch the film "Before Sunrise". It's a very natural film of how two people met and what happens after that.

In short, yes, it's okay. As long as you have a decent premise. Don't be all just like, you're hot.

What's wrong with the premise of 'you're hot'? Is being attracted to someone wrong?
Sep 14, 2016 7:39 AM

Jun 2008
TheBrainintheJar said:
Tachii said:

What's wrong with the premise of 'you're hot'? Is being attracted to someone wrong?
Nope. Just you should have more premise other than mere physical attraction. Unless you're into casual one night stands. Then by all means.
Sep 14, 2016 2:42 PM

May 2015
Tachii said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Nope. Just you should have more premise other than mere physical attraction. Unless you're into casual one night stands. Then by all means.

Why? I really don't understand what's the moral problem here. A person finds another one physically attractive so they approach them. What's the harm?
Sep 15, 2016 4:20 PM

Jun 2015
why wouldn't it be? are you autistic op?
Sep 15, 2016 5:03 PM

Feb 2015
crashinho said:

Because as a stranger you could be anyone. A simple flunitrazepam in your drink is enough for him to rape you or mutilate you. I know the example is extreme but the person is a stranger and has a % to be any fucking thing, including a killer or a rapist. Regardless of whatever the fuck you want to believe or see the good in people.
Hello
Sep 15, 2016 5:16 PM

Oct 2012
teruu said:
crashinho said:
Because as a stranger you could be anyone. A simple flunitrazepam in your drink is enough for him to rape you or mutilate you. I know the example is extreme but the person is a stranger and has a % to be any fucking thing, including a killer or a rapist. Regardless of whatever the fuck you want to believe or see the good in people.
A good excuse to hide in your house because your neighbor could be a serial killer.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Sep 15, 2016 5:37 PM
Dec 2014
teruu said:
A simple flunitrazepam in your drink is enough for him to rape you or mutilate you.

No one said anything about offering a drink.

Frankly speaking, if someone is planning to rape/kill you in public (and somehow has a way of getting away), he is probably not going to bother with some chit-chat.

Better watch out next time you are in an elevator, that person might just turn around and stab you.
Sep 15, 2016 5:38 PM

Feb 2015
katsucats said:
teruu said:
A good excuse to hide in your house because your neighbor could be a serial killer.

You're most likely schizophrenic if you think so. You hiding in your own house is much better for the serial killer than you being in his, or anyone else's for that matter.
Hello
Sep 15, 2016 5:40 PM

Feb 2015
AxBattler said:
teruu said:
A simple flunitrazepam in your drink is enough for him to rape you or mutilate you.

No one said anything about offering a drink.

Frankly speaking, if someone is planning to rape/kill you in public (and somehow has a way of getting away), he is probably not going to bother with some chit-chat.

Better watch out next time you are in an elevator, that person might just turn around and stab you.

You're right. Ted Bundy is just dumb for doing the chit chat.
Hello
Sep 15, 2016 5:44 PM

May 2016
MadScientess said:
It depends on what the approach is. If a guy comes up to me and asks how my day is going and is interested in me as a person I'm all for it. If a guy comes up to me and is completely rude and is only interested in me for my body, I'm against it. I've actually had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for a bus and say, "I want to f*** your hair." That is not something a girl wants to hear.
and here I thought girls are only for sex.......
Sep 15, 2016 6:10 PM
Dec 2014
teruu said:

Psst, his evil deeds were not performed in plain view. There is a difference between approaching someone, and luring them somewhere secluded you know ;)

Not to mention more murders are committed by someone known to the victims. So if you can't approach a stranger because they might murder you, the logic goes that you can't approach someone you know because they are even more likely to murder you. Must be a fun life.
Sep 15, 2016 6:19 PM

Feb 2015
AxBattler said:
teruu said:

Psst, his evil deeds were not performed in plain view. There is a difference between approaching someone, and luring them somewhere secluded you know ;)

Not to mention more murders are committed by someone known to the victims. So if you can't approach a stranger because they might murder you, the logic goes that you can't approach someone you know because they are even more likely to murder you. Must be a fun life.

The point is that he approached his victims regardless of whatever he wanted.

If you know someone, and then you most likely also know that he is fucking unstable. Unless you mean murdering due to some financial problem in which case you never should have done business with him. Know a person before you deal with them in any manner.
Hello
Sep 15, 2016 6:34 PM

Apr 2016
No that's sexual assault. Rape...........
Sep 15, 2016 6:34 PM
Dec 2014
teruu said:
If you know someone, and then you most likely also know that he is fucking unstable.

If it was that straightforward, there wouldn't be more victims murdered at the hand of someone they know.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

44 by perfectlyquiet »»
3 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
57 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
58 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 1 hour ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
1 hour ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.