Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 5, 2010 11:11 PM

Jan 2009
wow visual quality wise this is friggin awesome i enjoyed it more than the appleseed 2004 movie but ye story wise the 2004 movie is better although that doesnt have visual effects quality as this movie

overall i gave it a solid 9/10
Sep 17, 2011 9:25 AM

Jan 2011
this 4 years ago movie made the current airing Appleseed VII looks like a low budget series...

but yeah, noticed a lot of John Woo style (even have white doves haha) and shadows of other movies, most obvious is the Laputa ending

that doctor looks like Steve Jobs from Apple, maybe this show tried to warn us how iPhone can control people :)

still it is visually stunning and entertaining, i dont mind watching again with better subs
Sep 17, 2011 9:53 AM

Jan 2008
Great, now I know how to manipulate you guys. Just throw some sparkles in the air, and while you're oohing and aahing I'll kick you in the stomach and take your money.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 17, 2011 11:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Aw but it won't work if you tell us your plan beforehand!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 16, 2012 5:42 PM

Sep 2009
decent story, but... 6-7/10, I guess I prefer traditional animation.
Jun 28, 2013 1:26 PM
Nov 2008
Liked it more than 2004 Appleseed. Let's say 8/10. Good action and stuff, ending was mix of Star Trek Borg and Matrix Revolutions though. Still not bad.
"Boy oh boy, the price of freedom is steep."
-Zack Fair, Crisis Core: FF7
Dec 1, 2013 5:06 PM

May 2012
While the CGI immensely improved from its prequel the story did not, I disliked this even more than the previous one! It was a pretty nice movie in general.
Aug 1, 2014 7:56 PM

Feb 2013
Zombies + matrix sentinels + borg? Am I the only one thinking eye-phone?

It might have had plenty of action, but I didn't think it was near as good as the previous movie.

The main plot's premise was pretty stupid. For an "advanced" socieity... they still haven't realized that concentrating power into a single system is bad? Come on everyone, give US control of YOUR satellites... good idea.

Hail hydra halcon! (5/10)
May 16, 2016 2:24 PM

Feb 2015
Nike, Athena and Bri look a lot better in this movie. Heck, everything looks alot better in this movie.

I dont blame the people for not surrendering their devices when they were told to, it's almost like telling a group of people addicted to their phones to do the same. They wont listen!

Deu screaming Briareos' name everytime something insignificant happens is starting to get annoying, i tolerated it in the previous movie because... well, she's badass.

That ending song... catchy!
Jul 1, 2017 4:16 AM

Dec 2015
The movie started really good, compared to the previous one, it had better music, better action and the visuals weren't as shiny and annoying. After that though the movie started going downwards, from a badass special forces section it went to a cheap teenage romcom as Deunan was shouting "Briareos!" with every chance she had.

Overall this was an anime which got too sidetracked from it's main point by trying to shove in our throats that Briareos and Deunan are a thing. Like an incest anime that keeps reminding you that the main duo are not blood related time and time again. 3/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 23, 2017 4:59 AM
Jul 2018
too much camera movement killed the enjoyment and the script isn't anything worh talking about.
Aug 11, 2018 6:23 PM

Sep 2012
Okay so who was the cyber person at the end supposed to be? I was totally lost on that. Also I didn't remember Duney and Briar being this angsty in the last movie, maybe cause I was too stoned xD
Aug 31, 2018 3:44 PM

Oct 2015
I'm glad Deunan struck with Briareous instead of Tereus, whom personal I didn't feel because he was just a damn copy. In secret I thought he was gonna die ( wanted him to), but when he was actually going to die and said they should leave I sympathized with him. I guess he should really find his own person to protect because he lost that fight. As for Xander, she died in an anticlimactic way.

Overall animation was okay, because I've seen better 3D CGIs from 2007, so it wasn't that good but it was better than the last movie. Also I felt this movie was more concentrated on Bri rather than Deunan, but oh well.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 19, 2020 4:59 PM
Dec 2012
Man, those landmates have such a good design, I want to study it more.

Fun movie, 7/10.
May 3, 2021 5:36 PM

Mar 2016
A much more 'human' story than the 2004 film, but not as good. The main conflict felt very uninspired and it got pretty cheesy near the end.

But, Deunan was the cutest in this and it was very well made. So, it was okay.
syncrogazerMay 3, 2021 5:40 PM
Oct 28, 2021 12:56 PM

Aug 2017
Bad movie. The conflict between Briareos and the other dude is extremely forced. Briareos is a moron, instead of just talking to the police or Deunan at least about the true mastermind behind the attacks...he just escapes causing destruction making the whole scene pointless and making him to look bad in the eyes of everyone. Also I don't like how they ruined Athena in this sequel, she was competent in the prequel, now she's a terrible leader, even the Elders were better leaders than her at this point. But the worst part is this: there's a serious lack of themes or mysteries about this world unlike the first movie and Tereus is just another character that was created for no reason at the end. 4/10 for the movie.
NurguburuOct 28, 2021 1:25 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 7, 2023 12:13 AM

Dec 2008
The quality and continuity of Appleseed content is so inconsistent, Briareos was as much of a doormat in this film as Deunan was in the last one

The animation in this one was thankfully a huge improvement, because the precious one looked like it was made for the N64. None of these movies deserve all the hype the got back when they came out, I can't believe people thought they were some kind of achievement

They absolutely plagiarized the Borg Queen straight out of TNG for their big bad, pathetic honestly considering the big names involved in making this

I'm glad that they decided to go with an original score for this one as opposed to the very recognizable 2000's hip hop soundtrack of the previous film. The contrast is weird though, thinking back on that

In the English dub the voice actor playing Briareos in this one had to be about half the age of the guys they cast previously. He speaks in a growl to cover it up but it's not convincing at all and he just sounds like a moody teenager most of the time and it's pretty bad
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Briareos's watch in Appleseed Ex Machina?

mad82 - Aug 14, 2008

1 by cyruz »»
Aug 14, 2008 10:01 AM

» Appleseed Saga Ex Machina - trailer & info

Identity - Jan 5, 2008

2 by lifeordeath2 »»
Feb 4, 2008 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.