Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Expo 2016 Announces Anisong World Matsuri Concerts

New
May 17, 2016 8:30 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
The Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation (SPJA) has announced that it will bring the Lantis Festival series of anime events and anisong concerts to Anime Expo 2016, which will be held July 1–4 in Los Angeles. The Anime Expo edition of the concerts, billed as Anisong World Matsuri, continues last year's Anisong World Tour, which made stops in Las Vegas, Hong Kong, Singapore, Seoul, Shanghai, and Taipei.

Anisong World Matsuri is created by anisong music label Lantis, record company Sony Music Entertainment, artist management agency Amuse, content distributor Bandai Visual, live entertainment production company Bandai Namco Live Creative, and content distributor Anime Consortium Japan.

The Anime Expo Anisong World Matsuri includes two anime talk events and two concerts:

Love Live! Sunshine!! Event: Nice to Meet You, We are Aqours!!
July 2, 2016, Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) West Hall B

Seiyuu idol group Aqours, from the upcoming anime series Love Live! Sunshine!!, will hold its first talk show outside Japan. The event will feature six of the nine members of the group: Anju Inami as Chika Takami, Rikako Aida as Riko Sakurauchi, Nanaka Suwa as Kanan Matsuura, Arisa Komiya as Dia Kurosawa, Kanako Takatsuki as Hanamaru Kunikida, and Ai Furihata as Ruby Kurosawa. Love Live! Sunshine!! is part of the Love Live! multimedia project developed jointly by Dengeki G's Magazine, animation studio Sunrise, and music label Lantis.

One Punch Matsuri at AX
July 2, 2016, Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) West Hall B

Seiyuu Makoto Furukawa (Saitama) and director Shingo Natsume will headline a special stage event of the Fall 2015 anime series One Punch Man. Music group JAM Project, who performed the opening theme song for the series, will also hold a performance.

Anisong World Matsuri: Japan Super Live
July 3, 2016, Microsoft Theater

The four-hour headline concert of Anisong World Matsuri will feature performances by singer Eir Aoi, music group JAM Project, singer Luna Haruna, singer and seiyuu Minami Kuribayashi, seiyuu unit Sphere, singer T.M.Revolution, singer Yoko Ishida, and anisong DJ Kazu. The Microsoft Theater is adjacent to the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Anisong World Matsuri: Japan Band Battle
July 3, 2016, The Novo by Microsoft

Rock bands FLOW and OLDCODEX will compete against each other in a band battle at the Novo (previously know as Club Nokia).

Official site: http://www.daisuki.net/awm2016/

Source: Anime Expo
tsubasaloverMay 19, 2016 5:14 AM
p r o f i l e 👀
May 17, 2016 8:37 PM

Jul 2009
Lantis Festival is finally going to Anime Expo. I had a lot of fun at the Singapore concert last year, so I'm sure AX attendees are in for a treat. I wish I could be there to see Luna Haruna again...
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
May 17, 2016 8:42 PM
Mar 2016
Holy Shit Aquors is gonna be at AX, NOW i really have to go this year.
TyrelMay 17, 2016 8:50 PM
May 17, 2016 8:43 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I'm definitely excited to see Makoto Furukawa, JAM Project, Luna Haruna, Minami Kuribayashi, T.M.Revolution, FLOW, and OLDCODEX!

By the way, if you're going to Anime Expo, make sure to join MAL's Anime Expo Club! We're going to set up meetups again this year.
p r o f i l e 👀
May 17, 2016 8:47 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Wasn't sure if I wanted to go to AX this year but my friend LINE'd me an hour ago about the line up...FLOW'S (and OLDCODEX, TATSUN) GONNA BE THERE YES!!! TM Revolution is a big name (iirc, I don't really care for the style but I know they seemed to pretty hype) and people like Eir Aoi and JAM Project (actually not sure about this either), so good for the fans who would want to go and see them, and will be going to AX. Time to buy AX ticket too before the prices go up next month. Crying because I remember the time when I bought ticket two weeks before and the price was still $40.
May 17, 2016 8:59 PM
Jan 2016
Now I am sure.. aqours really wants to be bigger than µ's. µ's influence is mostly on the eastern countries..

if aqours can also recruit the west. they will surely surpass the 1st generation :3 Not that I am worried though.. bigger Love Live is better!
May 17, 2016 10:42 PM

Nov 2011
Sounds like fun. I bet the Love Live! Sunshine!! event will be especially exciting to see.

The music video performed by JAM recently for OPM also hit 10m+ views recently.
May 17, 2016 10:49 PM

Mar 2008
I want to go more than anything. :(
May 18, 2016 12:04 AM
Mar 2010
Uhuhuhuhu. Why do I have live on the other side of the world? ;_;
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
May 18, 2016 12:05 AM

Nov 2007
Not all Lantis singers (like Kenichi Suzumura and Minori Chihara) will be presented, huh?!
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 18, 2016 12:39 AM

Aug 2013
Gah, wish I had the money to travel to America as I really would like to see OLDCODEX! but it's nice to see these bands getting more popular!!
May 18, 2016 2:30 AM

Dec 2011
When I saw "world" I thought to myself "I bet there will be none in Europe, just like last year".
Wasn't expecting them all to be in LA, though. Strange definition of "world", that.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
May 18, 2016 8:37 AM

Dec 2015
Now I'm super excited for AX. Anyone else going?
May 18, 2016 4:34 PM
Aug 2014
The Japan Super Live piques my interest. Alas I live on the east coast
ヽ(;▽;)ノ and I need money period. I am excited though >_>
May 19, 2016 4:54 AM

Aug 2008
hold up, guys. You say Love Live is performing, but the AX site doesn't mention anything of performances.
May 19, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2007
destructo22 said:
hold up, guys. You say Love Live is performing, but the AX site doesn't mention anything of performances.

According to the official site, there are two anime events and two anisong concerts. I think Aqour part is part of anime event, which only has talk event and not performances. I've fixed the news post.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 19, 2016 11:27 AM

Sep 2014
hannyah said:
Now I'm super excited for AX. Anyone else going?

Im going!! Im so looking forward to this!
May 19, 2016 12:36 PM

Jul 2013
This promises to be an exciting year. I've never attended for more than a day, but this year I got the full weekend pass. Can't wait for the Sunshine!! Aqours event.
I'm a social liberation writer, attorney, public education advocate, immigrant rights activist, and law professor. USN ESWS '85, UCLA '14, PCL '18. ゆるゆり 友 schoolido.lu | tumblr | about.me
Jun 13, 2016 3:44 PM
Jun 2016
I created this list of must see Anime-Expo booths, and I would love some feedback on booths that are not on this list. http://www.popcultreviews.com/anime/must-see-anime-expo-booths/
Jul 4, 2016 11:06 PM
May 2015
Why do I live in India . They should held anime expo here too. I just wanted to see the faces of my favorite artists i.e SPHERE . Aki toyosaki , minako kotobuki , ayahi takagaki and haruka tomatsu . I wanted to see them badly . Maybe one day when I see them I'll be in happy tears . This feeling that I have are inside many people who want to see their favorite artists of whose songs they are obsessed .
I'll try my best and one day go to anime expo.

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.