Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 13, 2016 8:49 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, Josuke fighting his own clone.

Poor Koichi always on the receiving end of brutal attacks.
Toshikazu's Surface Stand is well adapted imo, definitely thrilling to watch. Glad to see they kept the pen thing although I think the manga is more violent.

Also glad to see a little of

Stark700May 13, 2016 9:03 AM
May 13, 2016 8:55 AM

Apr 2009
That cameo of a certain person was a nice touch and I really enjoy the way they apply scene transitions and sfx effects now.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 13, 2016 9:01 AM

Jun 2015
Loved the cameo of the character.
With Surface done, we're in a wild parter next week and
May 13, 2016 10:19 AM

Sep 2013
That was quite the amount of good filler added into the adaptation.
May 13, 2016 10:22 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That was unexpected conclusion to that fight lol

Still, that pathetic loser got what he deserved....I couldn't stop laughing at how salty that guy was about everything including girls

I'm curious to find out more about that cute girl that was watching Josuke and Koichi through the window at school....I think I might want to ship it
May 13, 2016 10:30 AM

Apr 2014

that was a smart way to use echoes,, glad that hazamada got his ass kicked in the end.
May 13, 2016 10:38 AM
Apr 2014
Koichi's echoes take over the opening, rightfully so.
Probably one of the weakest chapters/episodes of Part 4, Hazamada is a joke.
Screen says Surface but subs say Show off, CR are really tripping even though Surface is such a generic word.
Yukako Yamagichi is in love next, well that's gonna take a while.
May 13, 2016 10:56 AM

May 2015
Those transitions though <3
Thank you Jojo for savinf this season.

A question, since damage taken by stands go back to the user why didn't hazamada die with the puppet in pieces? If it is explained in the future just say so, no need for spoiler.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 10:58 AM

Jan 2015
I loved the episode and that scene with Yukako was such a cool touch.
(You okay reatard.. I am wood.. stupid)
May 13, 2016 11:00 AM
Mar 2016
I wasn't expecting that cameo, but it really hyped me up for the next two episodes.
May 13, 2016 11:02 AM
Apr 2015
Dat Echoes tho :D

Was hoping to see it in the OP, glad it actually did as well :D
May 13, 2016 11:07 AM

Nov 2012
TheMaster100 said:

I've seen somewhere a mention of the Italian Food arc to be skipped in this series and later released as a movie. Not too sure whether it's true or not, but excluding the Italian food mini arc can explain the 39 episodes of this season a lot.
May 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2015
zal said:

A question, since damage taken by stands go back to the user why didn't hazamada die with the puppet in pieces? If it is explained in the future just say so, no need for spoiler.

Some stands just don't do that. Especially object-like stands that normal people can see, such as Strength, Thoth or Surface, don't transfer the damage they take into the user. It's not actually explained why some stands are like that but that's just how it is.
May 13, 2016 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
Tokoya said:

I'm curious to find out more about that cute girl that was watching Josuke and Koichi through the window at school....I think I might want to ship it

Boy howdy

Juppexd said:

Holy shit!! I didn't see that! Good eye. I love how they're able to throw all these neat little bits of foreshadowing in (though correct me if this image was shown in the manga, I don't think I would have noticed it there either since I didn't know about you-know-who yet).

Also Yukako arc should be 3 episodes right? I'm excited, she's so much fun.
May 13, 2016 11:17 AM

Jul 2015
Show Off lmao. I thought this ep was gonna end in a cliffhanger lol. Didn't think those old dudes were gonna save Josuke in time
May 13, 2016 11:20 AM

Jun 2009
zal said:

Surface is a type of stand that is bounded to an object (in this case a doll). Josuke didn't destroyed the stand, he destroyed only the doll.
May 13, 2016 11:23 AM

May 2015
@Juppexd @kronos7
Thank you.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2016 11:25 AM
Jun 2014
TahZin said:
TheMaster100 said:

I've seen somewhere a mention of the Italian Food arc to be skipped in this series and later released as a movie. Not too sure whether it's true or not, but excluding the Italian food mini arc can explain the 39 episodes of this season a lot.

How so? That arc is just 4 chapters long. For comparison, both Koichi (Echoes) and Hazamada (Surface) was 5 chapters long. Not to mention, Tonio is in the Opening.

At this point, we are at +1 episode of my estimated 48 episodes, because The Nijumura Brothers got 3 episodes, instead of 2. If Yukako also gets 3, then there's no way this is gonna be 39 episodes, unless they want to shorten/rush the main villain's screentime.
May 13, 2016 11:29 AM

Feb 2013
Hazamada was pitiful, he got what he deserved, his Stand was cool but was weak because he had to touch his opponent, poor Tamami.
May 13, 2016 11:34 AM

Dec 2013
damn pathetic Hazamada. glad he is finished within one episode. wonder what that hentai was thinking when he used his stand to clone his crush. sick pervert
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
May 13, 2016 11:35 AM

Oct 2013
TahZin said:
TheMaster100 said:

I don't have links to sources, but I'm pretty sure that was a mistranslation. "Let's Go Eat Italian" is the chapter title, and the BD extra was titled something like "Let's Go Eat Italian In Real Life". From that title, I'm expecting something like an interview/seiyuu segment set in an Italian restaurant? It could be a Tonio OVA, but the "in real life" part makes me think it's an interview of some sort.

Either way, @SogiitaGunha is right, Tonio's in the opening theme, and not even as a silhouette—he's in the dancing part that only features characters from the first cour—so I think his arc is safe.
May 13, 2016 11:40 AM

Nov 2012
Why didn't Hazamada take any damage when Surface was damaged?
May 13, 2016 11:45 AM

Sep 2013
This marks the last group of chapters where the male characters are drawn all bara. Now the art will reflect the manga even more closely
Always remember that anime is a niche medium in Japan. Manga sells way better
May 13, 2016 11:45 AM

Jul 2011
TahZin said:

The name of the manga chapter is "イタリア料理を食べに行こう" (Let's Go Out for Italian Food). On the Jojo animation website, for the volume 4 BD release one of the video extras is called "実際にイタリア料理を食べに行こう" - almost the same thing, but with "実際に" added (actually/in reality), making it something like Let's Actually Go Out for Italian Food. Which to me would imply it will be some live action thing of the cast eating at an Italian restaurant or something.

Also, there is a separate listing for a bonus OVA on the same release, yet the Italian food thing is not indicated to be an OVA.

So I don't think this will be the case. Right now the average pace is about 4 chapters an episode, but they've done at least 4.5 in an episode (maybe 5, not positive though). To do the full series in 39 episodes, you come up with an average pace of about 4.5 chapters per episode. So I'm starting to feel like 39 episodes will indeed be the final count.
May 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Oct 2013
Shigure said:
Why didn't Hazamada take any damage when Surface was damaged?

The Stand is bound to a physical object, like @Juppexd and @kronos7 mentioned. It's not fully explained but one theory is that Stands bound to physical objects don't reflect damage to their user when the object is hurt, because the object is not the Stand itself.

I think this would make sense, because Stands are only able to be damaged by other Stands, but if it's bound to a real object that normal humans can see, would that mean the Stand could be damaged by anybody?

There's probably some holes in this theory that I'm not considering, but you can just counter that with "Eh, it's JoJo, Araki doesn't need to explain shit"
May 13, 2016 11:50 AM

Nov 2012

and

I'll be glad to be wrong in this case. I know Tonio is in the OP, so cutting his story out won't be a good idea.

However, since 39 episodes have already been confirmed, it'll be good if these 39 episodes are not all there is and one more season of 1 cour is kept for the last part.
May 13, 2016 11:58 AM

May 2013
Probably the weakest episode so far, but then again even the manga chapters of this weren't too good either. Still it was okay and I liked the added original bits.
May 13, 2016 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
Why is this part so much better than Stardust Crusaders? I mean this episode wasn't the best one but showed so much creativity which amazes me.

Furthermore I think that DP deserves much more praise than it actually gets.

Every other animation studio (especially a1) would spoiler this when the openings gets revealed. But DP adds this into the opening after it has been revealed in an episode.
May 13, 2016 12:17 PM

Nov 2012

The first 7 episodes adapted 28 chapters from manga.
As for the next episodes [with a total 39 episode span], this would be my speculation:

The ending will be jam packed unless DP decides to cut out something [which I hope they won't at any cost!]
TahZinMay 13, 2016 12:20 PM
May 13, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2012
It's kinda weird how little I remember from the beginning of part 4. This in particular I have no recollection about it except for the design of hamazada but I didn't even remember his stand. Which is great actually, makes me enjoy the adaptation even more.

I don't know who they changed from the staff from part 3, but the episodes are going so smoothly with just awesome pacing. They are turning the least interesting stories of the manga into really enjoyable episodes.
May 13, 2016 12:48 PM

Dec 2012
tarazipyrope said:

There's probably some holes in this theory that I'm not considering, but you can just counter that with "Eh, it's JoJo, Araki doesn't need to explain shit"

Always thought there are some inconsistencies with stands due to how vague they are. For example one of the things that confuse me the most is how Stands are supposed to be linked to the original user but they get hit and fly around during a fight but the user is usually just standing there fine.

Also, in the introduction of part 3. How did star platinum manage to get those stuff inside the cell to Jotaro. That stand may be transparent and can phase through things but how do the objects it's carrying do as well?
May 13, 2016 1:07 PM

Jul 2011
TahZin said:
The ending will be jam packed unless DP decides to cut out something [which I hope they won't at any cost!]

DIO's World had that kind of insane pacing, so it won't exactly surprise me if they do it again.

What gets me about the whole thing is that if they continue the current pace, which has been pretty consistent thus far, it's not just that there won't be enough episodes to fit everything without rushing, there also won't be enough content remaining to justify another cour. There will only be a few chapters left. Let's just say 39 episodes at 4 chapters, that would cover 156 chapters leaving only 18 left. Perhaps they will do a finale OVA or movie.
May 13, 2016 1:15 PM

Jul 2014
The kid in the opening scene looked like that one guy from Persona 4.

Tokoya said:

You're going to love the next episode.
May 13, 2016 1:43 PM
Apr 2016
I felt some faces were weirdly drawn in this one episode in particular.

That Yukako tease tho <3
May 13, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2016
not as action packed as other episodes but still interesting
May 13, 2016 2:33 PM

Jun 2015
are you ok reatard? I am wood. stupid.

I honestly totally forgot about this fight until now. And for good reason. I never found this fight too interesting. Surface as a stand is pretty unoriginal. It's basically Oingo mixed with voodoo.

Do like the new OP, RHCP cameo and the Yukako cameo.
-Sherou-May 13, 2016 3:34 PM

May 13, 2016 3:04 PM

Feb 2015
Didn't really like this part much in the manga but still a good episode.
May 13, 2016 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
It was a good choice on DP's part to add in the extra scenes in this episode, otherwise this episode would not have been as entertaining as it was.

TahZin said:

The first 7 episodes adapted 28 chapters from manga.
As for the next episodes [with a total 39 episode span], this would be my speculation:

Yeah there's no way that episode count is correct. Discounting the fact that DP have been adding more content then they've been taking out, it also assumes that certain fights like RPS and Highway Star/CLK will be merged (remember that HS is 8 chapters and CLK is 6, even if HS is pretty much straight action).

39 Episodes really does seem impossible, but I guess only time will tell at this point.
WandererReduxMay 13, 2016 3:25 PM
May 13, 2016 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
the bro power is strong between them and seriously Hazamada is such a creepy fucked up dude also poor Tamami lol
May 13, 2016 5:36 PM

Jan 2011
The anime original bits were some nice additions. Hazamada starting off small came off alright, it worked better for Tamami though.
May 13, 2016 5:40 PM

Jul 2013
This must be the weakest episode of the season so far, but I enjoyed it despite that. Loved how competent can be Koichi with his Stand. Loved too how Hazamada was rekted at the end of the episode. But poor Kobayashi was also beaten too :(
May 13, 2016 5:46 PM

Mar 2014
waiting for next ep.
May 13, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2014
Juppexd said:
zal said:

Some stands just don't do that. Especially object-like stands that normal people can see, such as Strength, Thoth or Surface, don't transfer the damage they take into the user. It's not actually explained why some stands are like that but that's just how it is.

This rule is broken with Ebony Devil and Empress, though.

Pretty much all the Stand rules are broken at some point, really.
May 13, 2016 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
His stand is still hot off the presses, and already Koichi is an A+ wing man, that little guy impresses me more and more! (Where the hell were YOU Okuyasu?! Your stand power would have been REALLY helpful in this situation...)

This episode wasn't the most exciting so far, but I still really enjoyed it, especially the unconventional ending and the cash register sound effect that accompanies Tamami wherever he goes. Although, I was going to call the entire episode a failure if SURFACE wasn't screamed as loudly as possible at leased once, since he screams it all the time in JoJo all star battle.

May 13, 2016 8:02 PM

Jul 2011
WandererRedux said:
Yeah there's no way that episode count is correct.

Not trying to be confrontational but I just enjoy obsessively looking into this issue, but how do you refute the idea mathematically?
So far, 28 chapters in 7 episodes = 4 chapters per episode. To achieve 174 chapters in 39 episodes, 4.5 (4.46) chapters per episode. Doesn't seem very far fetched, not that I want this to be the outcome as it guarantees a rush job. And they've already shown they are not against covering more than 4 chapters in an episode. The numbers add up to me, although it is disappointing.
May 13, 2016 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
Good episode. Hazamada's Stand "Surface" seems like an annoying stand to go up against. Josuke having to fight a copy of himself.
The mysterious girl has got her eye on Koichi & Josuke.
Lol even the copy has got all the girls excited.
Poor Tamami got beaten up. Really like Josuke & Koichi working together. They make a good team.
Lucky save for Josuke thanks to those biker guys.
Red Hot Chilli Pepper appearing at the end.
Yukako Yamagishi next week.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 13, 2016 8:25 PM

Aug 2013
Jesus, this guy was creepy. Especially his fucking laugh. Sound like a psychotic maniac.
The most funny part is that he got diss by his own stand. That must hurt, when even your stand reject you.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 13, 2016 10:46 PM

Nov 2012
Mathematically, of course a 4.5 chapters is still easily possible [since they've already adapted 4.5 chapters for the sixth episode and 5 chapters for this very episode we're discussing about].

But the 2nd half of the story is full of big story arcs, and DP probably won't finish one of these mini-arcs midway through an episode, that leaves really hard choice for parts like Highway Star and Sheer Heart Attack.

For now, I'll just keep my faith on DP and hope for a well paced adaption.
May 13, 2016 10:51 PM

Aug 2015
I love how they added Koichi's Stand to the opening theme. They've been pretty clever about how they didn't have that before, as to not give away the plot.
May 13, 2016 11:51 PM

Oct 2011
echo in the opening yay
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

371 by Fenrir_01 »»
Mar 21, 6:46 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2016

156 by Blitrapika »»
Mar 8, 9:23 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

95 by Kenpachi_69 »»
Jan 21, 6:04 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2016

159 by JimineyRufus »»
Jan 12, 6:29 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Diamond wa Kudakenai Episode 34 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2016

126 by Zaxphred »»
Jan 11, 11:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.