Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 30, 2016 1:44 AM

Dec 2015
Well this was a boring ep and lion is awesome character for me
Apr 30, 2016 1:54 AM
Jun 2008
why is this show so bad?

why are there so many characters and not one single character who isn't annoying af?
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Apr 30, 2016 1:54 AM
Jul 2018
first half was literally just them arguing over stupid shit
second half was definitely better, that ending was intense
that girl wanted to say something... "i wanted to talk to you about something. i'm.."
then that giant thingy appeared, likeee whatt theee fok...
Apr 30, 2016 2:09 AM

Aug 2015
Holy cow. Everyone is crazy, and eager to accuse everyone else.
This is crazy.
Can't we all just get along?
Apr 30, 2016 2:10 AM

Mar 2016
Five things:

• lovepon is crazy, she makes me want to execute her
  • what the hell happened to jack and something-judgement
  • what the hell are they hearing??? is it the thing from the ending or what?
  • the scene where lion said she could actually see the people that are going to die gave me the creeps ._.
  • the ending is so what the fuck
Apr 30, 2016 2:11 AM

Dec 2012
I made a friend of mine watch the series through episode 1-4 and he said they suffered from botulism and stupidity. According him, I was only stupid (for watching kids cartoons), albeit healthy.

Well, episode 5 didn't provide an argument on my side, so ... I guess, he was right >_<
Apr 30, 2016 2:15 AM

Oct 2015
The fact that we are almost at the half of the anime and basically just 2 people died give me the feeling that everyone will get crazy and on edge and maybe the last 2 episodes everything will go to shit real fast, like lots of them killing each other or killing themselves.
Then I don't know, maybe Mitsumune and Masaki will be the only ones alive and will hold hands and jump off a cliff or something stupid like that.

That's my theory.
Apr 30, 2016 2:28 AM

Jul 2015
Execute the main character and replace him with a paranoid one. He's so annoying.
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Apr 30, 2016 2:47 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
>_>
<_<

what

seriously what the fuck was that ending, are they even trying anymore lmao
Apr 30, 2016 2:56 AM

Dec 2015
I feel like this show got a bad rep early on and now people are just blindly not giving it a chance. It manages to keep me entertained and always ends the episode in a compelling cliffhanger that makes you want to see what happens next. And those should be considered some of the hallmarks of a good mystery show.
Apr 30, 2016 3:06 AM

Sep 2015
Oh my god a giant penguin ! :o
weird episode
Apr 30, 2016 3:12 AM

Dec 2015
It's getting better. One of the best shows this season. But they need to give some info/background soon - since it is only 12 episodes and the pacing is slow at the moment. Hopefully they'll discover a least some small hints on what is going on.

Masaki seemed suspicious in this episode.
Apr 30, 2016 3:14 AM

Apr 2013
Another phenomenal episode with great char interactions, suspense and that ending...damn. This remains to be one of my favorite and one of the best shows of the season.
Apr 30, 2016 3:26 AM

Sep 2015
"Size doesn't matter." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
and "I can see dead people."
Lmao this series. The first 10 minutes had me laughing hysterically.
And then Lovepon happened.
10/10 best comedy this season
Apr 30, 2016 3:40 AM

Mar 2014
My goodness watching these people talk is increasingly frustrating (or hilarious, I can't really decide)

First of all last episode there were several people freaking out in that tunnel, right? And yet they only discuss the giant mitsumune, did the others guys see the same or something different. Why was this not brought up? The fact that people HEAR different things was discussed but why not the freaking tunnel

And NO one is questioning Lovepon's state of mind? She admitted to trying to drown mitsumune and that she was going to kill Jack. The guy with glasses is scared of someone killing him in his sleep and yet let's Lovepon join his little group? And he's suspicious of the woman not telling them about the bus driver, what did he expect? After coming back scared of a giant mitsumune, did he expect the woman to say "never mind that, the bus driver saw a ghost"?

Them discussing Judgements name was so incredibly stupid.....considering he died (probably?)
LauraBirdieApr 30, 2016 4:06 AM
Apr 30, 2016 3:44 AM
Dec 2011
The characters actions make a lot of sense. Me too if I was in the middle of nowhere and in a dangerous situation I would trust the girl who want kill and torture people.

Seriously, that so entertaining in how dumb this is. If that was a movie, that would probably have been on MST3K.
Apr 30, 2016 3:51 AM

Mar 2011
Lookin' for good comedy, retarded characters and mysterious plot?!
Look no more!
Best comedy this season, no doubt. 11/10.

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Apr 30, 2016 4:05 AM

May 2010
Ooh, now Valcana is talking. I'm not liking the glasses guy, he's being way too logical.

God the lovebirds are so annoying. They agree with each other so much, it seems all messed up and fake.

And ye, I dislike half of the cast. Even Lovepon is starting to annoy me now. Lemme divide it up (it's in horizontal order from left to right)

So far,
The best: Lion, Nanko, Hayato
Decent people: Soy Latte, Yamauchi, Maimai, Masaki, Koharun, Valcana (tho he's rlly loud and kinda reckless)
Kinda okay: Narna, Puuko, Nyanta, Gouka, Yuune, Yuuno, Wanko, Driver, Dahara
Annoying: Mitsumune, Lovepon, Yuuna, Nettaiya, Mikage, Pii-tan, Judgeness, Dozaemon, Toriyasu, Toshi Boy
The worst: JACK, Manbe, Yottsun

Then again, I feel like there's more to Koharun and Masaki, both are hiding something.

"It's amazing you can see dead people."
Mitsumine, you couldn't sound dumber. And he's all about girls as always.
Lion the best character! I love.

God I don't like Lovepon anymore.
And Masaki sounded dark near the episode. Mitsumune is sounded by so many girls tho, lol.

And we finally see the monster, lol.
Apr 30, 2016 4:08 AM

Dec 2012
Uhh.. the monster is a giant half penguin half dead human head? Or what the fuck was that
Apr 30, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2012
kawaii-despair said:
Uhh.. the monster is a giant half penguin half dead human head? Or what the fuck was that

It's a human head ripping off the penguin toy to the side.

I don't know what to make of this. The head didn't look like any of the characters (as far as I could see) and the face was rather dollish.
Apr 30, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2010

AW SHIT NIGGA

Ok, I seriously tried not to go this way, but at this point I want half the cast to go and die already. It's also official, nothing has ever irritated me as much as this show before. I really don't want to let it get the better of me, but actually that's the only way I can go and not drop this.

StardustNyako said:

So edgy, it's friggin stupid.
You know, that's the part I considered dropping it the most.

jirachi3x said:
meowbert said:

what was up with that ending

That picture is the most accurate description of Mayoiga that i have seen to date
MeritasApr 30, 2016 4:22 AM
Apr 30, 2016 4:28 AM

Apr 2008
Ok, one of the characters who seemed to have his head comes down heavily in these decisions. Mikage with the glasses that had some meaning to take up Love-pon. Seriously, there is no one who can shut that girl up to, they prefer to go after people who are less suspicious. These people are anything but not normal. Worse this end is really wtf.

Besides, there is someone who speaks of Dahara in this series. He always has a smile on his face. Worse there is tiring couple who are still stuck, usually people quickly tans to see this kind of thing annoyying.
Apr 30, 2016 4:30 AM

Jun 2015
"What I can actually see are people who're going to die."

"Wow. I talked with a lot of girls today!"
uh oh!
Apr 30, 2016 4:35 AM

Jul 2014
I actually fear for people who unironically like this show. I like its use as a meme factory but that's where the love ends.

Why try to put so much effort into creating this atmosphere only to cram it with braindead and uninteresting characters? What's it purpose? If it's trying to go for comedy it's not doing a good job. Mayoiga has an identity crisis.
Apr 30, 2016 4:49 AM
Apr 2016
It's all good and dandy before giant penguin invasion happened at the end.
Apr 30, 2016 5:01 AM

Oct 2012
How riduculous this can get? *sigh*

Those are either hallucinations and they should explore the possibility of eating contaminated food like two episodes ago or those are real and it's getting even more weird.. also, it seems Maimai knew Mitsumune's

Also, Lovepon should be grounded and imprisoned like ages ago... really, don't tell me they are okay with girl that wants to torture others and screams nonsense.. if anyone, it's her who is unstable and dangerous.

But what I hate about this series is that there is at least dozen of people that knows something yet they are just beating around the bush, not really pressing for answers.

- Koharun knows something but she won't tell, lol (how does she get the map, what was in the mail, who sent it, why is she doing her "research" in the first place..)
- Maimai saw something but doesn't tell
- Masaki knows and saw something but conceals this information for whatever reason
and so on.

How bad is such a writing where viewer can easily ask tons of similiar questions yet characters are just okay with not knowing? They are in situation when withelding any information is suspicious yet they are not telling anything just because?

You know, this feels like they are artificially withelding those details just for the sake of drama and that's why I really didn't like this episode.

At least there are two maybe three sane people there - Valkana, Lion and maybe Hayato. And Lion saying they won't die in the wild now makes sense if she's able to see death flags.
TyrelApr 30, 2016 11:42 AM
Apr 30, 2016 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
It's really similar to Lost. I appreciate it, because Lost was one of the only FEW murican shows which I liked.
I like this atmosphere. 5/5.
The only one thing which I hate in this show is lovepon, die bitch.
Btw, yet another highly underrated show.
rsc-plApr 30, 2016 5:20 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 30, 2016 5:22 AM

Apr 2013
Apr 30, 2016 5:28 AM

Feb 2012
Thats
some
fucked
up
shit
man
there
at
the
end.

And why isn't anyone suspicious of that Execution bitch so far. She's clearly missing some screws in her head.
Apr 30, 2016 5:43 AM

Jan 2011
lmao, this is great.
Apr 30, 2016 5:49 AM

Apr 2014
This is honestly some of the cringiest and most hilarious stuff I've seen in recent memory. I still don't know if I should give this a high score for how entertaining it is or a low score for how utter stupid the script is.

Some of my favorite bits this episode include:
The beginning where the whole cast spend a few minutes arguing about Judgeness' name, just to end up calling him "ass" in the end.
How completely nonchalant everyone is towards Lovepon even after she admitted she planned to drown Mitsumune as well as torture and murder Jack.
Mitsumune first reaction to the "big Mitsumune" revelation was to ask how big it was
Mikage being incredibly suspicious about the main characters but still have no qualms about teaming up with the most dangerous people in the group.

The whole thing is just bizarre and I have absolutely no clue what direction it's going to take from now on.
Apr 30, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2012

That's some nice artwork here,makes me ship them.
Apr 30, 2016 6:03 AM
Apr 2014
For a second there I thought they all saw a giant Mitsumune that would've been weird, but as expected they all see different hallucinations.
Mikage doesn't trust anybody and yet he still accept an execution manic in his group lol.
That lame Koharun love triangle lmao.
This show seems to be centered around Masaki, should've seen it coming with the op
Lion can see people who're going to die? well they're all dying one day anyway, that seems like such a stupid statement.
Looks like we'll have a Lovepon and Meow girl flashback next episode.
Apr 30, 2016 6:03 AM

Apr 2014
People can say whatever they want to say about this series, but it definitely gets me every week and I actually like it better that everybody is crazy and everything is all over the place.
I am a straight woman and I like boobs.
-Said no feminist ever
Apr 30, 2016 6:25 AM
Oct 2008
puppygirl said:
is there any anime like this? the scary vibe throughout this episode was real! and the mystery to everything too. like what happned to the old villagers and what does the driver's daughter have to do with everything.

Perhaps Another? It has a group of people, a mystery, and the group slowly being picked off and dying in mysterious ways. Overall I thought it was wayy better writing and less WTF than Mayoiga
Apr 30, 2016 6:29 AM

Apr 2011
That "thing" in the end though

Apr 30, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2013
All of the girls know that Mitsumune is a complete pushover, it's pathetic to watch this guy with his white knight complex but 0 balls.

I understand why the characters are eccentric but Lovepon is a physical danger to everyone else.
Apr 30, 2016 6:41 AM
Aug 2014
still better than big order and kiznaiver
Apr 30, 2016 7:13 AM

Jul 2012
So, giant-Mitsumune is not giant-Mitsumune but giant someone else.
When the penguin monster appears, it seems like Masaki is not seeing it, so they are all seeing different things...

What I don't understand is why they are not freaking afraid of Lovepon. I mean, bitch IS crazy. She tried to kill people and they are afraid of MITSUMUNE WTF

And, nobody's going to die anymore? C'mon!

Apr 30, 2016 7:16 AM

Aug 2014
The fact that everyone is piss scared of Jack while Lovepon can do and say whatever the fuck she likes puts a massive dent in my enjoyment of this show. They even left him in a cell with no food or water as far as I can see and in absolute darkness

Also the fact that the women were using Mitsumune and then the other group just almost nearly left him to die just further makes me think that the majority of the cast in this show are scum who will throw everyone else under the bus to save themselves.

I really hope the show improves in later episodes because watching all of these characters every week is becoming a bit of a challenge
Get your shit straight Brenda
Apr 30, 2016 7:21 AM

Apr 2014

^ Just imagine all the massacre a guy like him will do once his mind breaks. He's the most dangerous out of all the characters.
Apr 30, 2016 7:52 AM

May 2009
wtf is going on ? so far it's mystery af and it's good that way.
Apr 30, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2010
This reminds me a lot of Town of Salem, but with less intelligence.
The issue I have with this show are the characters, the plot isn't even bad but the characters are making it unwatchable. Or how do I say this, I can't take it serious anymore, they're trying sooo goddamn hard to put every character into a stereotype box it's not even funny anymore.

Worse, this anime lacks intelligence. Seriously, it bothers me a lot how those idiots agree that Lovepon is a harmless person who should just run around freely but Mitsumune is SUCH A BAD GUY WE NEED TO KICK HIM IN THE FACE SO HE WILL GET UNCONSCIOUS AND KIDNAP HIM!!!
The megane guy is the most stupid person I have EVER seen. He acts all highty and mighty but he clearly lacks the brain. It's ok to team up with the survival freak, the gun loving wannabe catgirl and the goddamn psychopath? But everyone is sooo suspicious right? I have seen plenty of people defending Lovepon saying "she has her cards open on the table, the quiet ones are the greater threat." Which is not true at all. This girl tried to drown a person while being witnessed, she admits it but everyone just shrugs it off. Good lord....

Not only is the pace really fucked up in this anime but yeah the characters are just dumb and idiotic, it's really hard to enjoy unless you lower your standards and see it as a good laugh for every week.

Btw my favorite characters are still Hayato, Nanko and Jack. I really admire Hayato to put up with this dumb ass MC who always runs head on into the danger and can only think about how many girls he has talked to this day... also he's smart enough to stick for himself to observe the whole group from afar (like lion is doing). Nanko hasn't said anything stupid either, she also doesn't flip out whenever someone accuses someone else (Which is great because at this point she's the only fem! likeable character, unless you're into lolis, annoying tsunderes, a doormat or a psycho) And Jack ... well he got bullied in his past life, he got bullied in his new life. I can understand his point of view (I'm not agreeing with his method) He didn't try to attack anyone, until he himself became a target.

So yeah, 10 min just sitting in one room talking about ass-kun's name. Other 10 minutes is sitting in a room singing, talking about dead people and getting kidnapped + weird ass pinguin. /slow clap/ great pace!
Apr 30, 2016 7:59 AM

May 2012
This anime is a mess. The characters can't be dumber than they already are.

Lovepon is so crazy and no ONE in the entire group say anything about her. It's clear that she is insane and dangerous, but no one gives a damn.

Also Mitsumune is the most stupid of them all. If i were him i would not let this kidnapping go off without retaliation. They left him to die there so he should not taken this lightly, but i'm sure he'll forget that even happened.
I despise woke people.
Apr 30, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2016
This was weird episode... Lovepon is really shitty character and wtf was wrong with that ending? ._.
Apr 30, 2016 8:30 AM
Jul 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
I feel like this show got a bad rep early on and now people are just blindly not giving it a chance. It manages to keep me entertained and always ends the episode in a compelling cliffhanger that makes you want to see what happens next. And those should be considered some of the hallmarks of a good mystery show.

A cliffhanger is compelling by nature. It's a lazy plot device used by bad writers who can't write a show that is interesting on it's own, so they show half of an important event in one episode and then just put the other half in the next episode so you have to watch it.
Cliffhangers are a hallmark of a bad mystery.
Beyond that, the character logic is redundant and contradictory, not to mention stupid.
The cast is generic and shallow, and the show has more characters than it knows what to do with.
The dialogue is B-movie bad. Like, The Room bad. "I see dead people." I had to pause and bury my face in my hand for a few minutes. My god. "I actually see people who are going to die." So do I. Every single day. What a retarded line.
This is man's ultimate fighting machine. The synthetic life form know as Evangelion, Unit 01. Built here in secret, it is mankind’s last hope.
Apr 30, 2016 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
Evangeliman said:
Bobby2Hands said:

A cliffhanger is compelling by nature. It's a lazy plot device used by bad writers who can't write a show that is interesting on it's own, so they show half of an important event in one episode and then just put the other half in the next episode so you have to watch it.
Beyond that, the character logic is redundant and contradictory, not to mention stupid.
The cast is generic and shallow, and the show has more characters than it knows what to do with.
The dialogue is B-movie bad. Like, The Room bad. "I see dead people." I had to pause and bury my face in my hand for a few minutes. My god. "I actually see people who are going to die." So do I. Every single day. What a retarded line.

A cliffhanger is not a "lazy plot device" it has been used in countless classic works of literature dating back hundreds of years.
The cast is shallow because many of them (I assume) are merely there to die, to be cannon fodder. They don't have time to develop nearly 30 characters in a mere 12 episodes so the characters have to be super tropey so we can immediately know their personalities.
"I see dead people" is a line from The Sixth Sense, a critically acclaimed movie.

Now sit back down you philistine :p
Apr 30, 2016 8:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yeah, people are hallucinating, ending shows that, but it was still WTF LOL

Lion can predict who is going to die...that sucks, i didn't like that part.

Mikage needs to die.

Masaki is something, we know that now, maybe a ghost?

Valkana and Koharun are my favourite characters by now.
Apr 30, 2016 8:45 AM
Apr 2016
Literally nothing makes sense anymore. They keep bringing up things that they should PROBABLY TALK ABOUT but completely dismiss.

"I saw a big ass Mitsumune that made us give up on trying to escape."
Everyone else: K

"I see dead people."

"Yottsun and Ass-kun are probably dead."

"Where the hell is Jack."

"It's suspicious as hell that we came here based off some random email and whenever something freaky happens nobody ever wants to talk about it."
Everyone else: Stop suspecting people?? We're all friends here.

"You know, Mitsumune did a thing this one time."
Everyone else: HOLY SHI T?????? WO AH THAT'S SUSPICIOUS WE SHOULD QUESTION HIM BY TYING HIM UP

This is so ridiculous and I'm going to keep watching it.
Apr 30, 2016 8:50 AM
Jul 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Evangeliman said:

A cliffhanger is not a "lazy plot device" it has been used in countless classic works of literature dating back hundreds of years.
The cast is shallow because many of them (I assume) are merely there to die, to be cannon fodder. They don't have time to develop nearly 30 characters in a mere 12 episodes so the characters have to be super tropey so we can immediately know their personalities.
"I see dead people" is a line from The Sixth Sense, a critically acclaimed movie.

Now sit back down you philistine :p

First of all, I'd like you to name a single acclaimed literary work that employs cliffhangers.

Second, the point is that they shouldn't have had 30 characters in the first place, or if they did, they shouldn't have tried to give all of them equal screen time and also take a quarter of the first episode to establish who they are and what their motivations are. We don't need to see what every single character is doing because it doesn't matter. You don't need personalities for what eventually amount to fodder. However, this show decides to place emphasis on this point, leading to an incredibly underdeveloped main cast. It also wastes screen time and leads to this show moving along at a snail's pace.

Third, I know it's from the Sixth Sense. That doesn't make it a good line. It's oddly placed, lacking contextually, and on top of that it's stolen from a better work. If I made a show where the characters had no dialogue except quotes from various critically acclaimed films, would that mean I wrote a work of genius? No, it'd be a shallow, shitty, extremely derivative work, sort of like this show.
This is man's ultimate fighting machine. The synthetic life form know as Evangelion, Unit 01. Built here in secret, it is mankind’s last hope.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 17, 2016

412 by _MushiRock11_ »»
Feb 23, 4:17 PM

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.