Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 23, 2016 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh the finale felt kinda lacking for the finale. It was more of a gathering of everyone again. Haruta and Chika's relationship also hardly improved.

Glad to see the show take itself more seriously though in relation with the teacher. Feels like club really connected. The performance seemed kinda like a decent way to conclude the show although eh overall, I thought the series is rather so-so.

Mar 23, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2015
Yup, that's the sign.

Both Haruta and Chika seems like having a hard time put their mind at ease. Makes them even "stalk" Kusakabe and that funny moment when they ride a taxi and then Chika instantly showing her "budget" for the paying. LOL

That "Over-confident became Awkward" Moment. Greetings, new Club leader. Or she think so. LOL

Definitely need second season.
MasceraMar 23, 2016 10:58 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 23, 2016 11:49 AM

Sep 2008
I WANT MORE!
It ended like there will be more!
I thought there will be more!
Hurry up and announce second season!
Mar 23, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2015
Quite a bad show, feel like a really bad Hyouka.
Mar 23, 2016 11:54 AM

Mar 2015
THAT LAST SCENE, oh my god Maren.

It was a fun ride, it wasn't bad, but it lacked focus.
The last episode was the best for me.
7/10
Mar 23, 2016 11:56 AM

Jan 2015
Atlast it ended!!!! Hooray for short/12ep animes!!!

Everything felt forced....Haruta - fuck you !!! Chika - you too.... 4/10
Mar 23, 2016 11:57 AM

Jan 2012
So I guess Kusakabe-sensei's staying. Despite seeing those they helped/interacted with in previous episodes in the audience this didn't really feel like a finale and just kinda ended. Fitting that they got the bronze award considering this was an, at best, bronze level series. A poor man's Sound! Euphonium with a tacked on mystery element. At its best it was mildly pleasant such as with the house secretly filled with money episode. At its worst it was infuriatingly idiotic such as with the student teacher whose life was put on hold over a friggin' tattoo episode. And at times it was rather confusing such as with the animal cult episode. But for the most part it was just okay. Bland, inoffensive, quickly forgotten. I did enjoy the Serizawa character and Chika's relationship with her. Wish we saw her and them together more, but oh well. 6/10
Mar 23, 2016 12:04 PM

Apr 2010
Normally Haruta and Chika are very perceptive but this time they couldn't figure out something so obvious.
I mean Kusakabe was carrying a bouquet and he doing that on the one day of the year he always disappears, which made it pretty obvious he was heading the the cemetery.

All in all the anime was nice i liked the main characters especially Chika.
Mar 23, 2016 12:22 PM

Nov 2012
wow, we actually got to hear some music this episode.
overall i wasn't very impressed with the series, most of the mysteries weren't really my thing. 5/10 from me.
Mar 23, 2016 12:28 PM

Jul 2015
Basically everything everyone has said. Not very engaging since you can literally watch the first half of each episode to get what the premise of the mystery is and skip to the end to see Haruta solve it every time. 5/10 since I liked like 2 or 3 of the mysteries.
Mar 23, 2016 12:30 PM
Jul 2018
Kusakabe is staying with his students!

The show was alright!
Mar 23, 2016 12:37 PM
Jul 2012
I liked the show but the most I could give it is a 6/10.
Mar 23, 2016 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
So... we didn't get to see Kusakabe put his ding ding inside of Haruta?

No kissing, no hugging, no confession, nothing?

Fucking clit block

3/10
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Mar 23, 2016 1:29 PM

Sep 2009
Fuck all the haters.

I'm a PAW fan but didn't plan to watch this show. Still was convinced and started it than ep. 9 came. Was plesantly surprised. It is stable and has much better plot than Hyouka for example. Although main plot is still left hanging, I'm satisfied.
Mar 23, 2016 1:42 PM
Sep 2013
So who is actually retiring? President and the twins ?
Mar 23, 2016 1:44 PM

May 2015
That felt more like an open ending. I enjoyed this show, wished they did more music, since basically almost every episode involved some sort of mystery. But hey, still enjoyable. 8/10.

Mar 23, 2016 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
Second worst series of the season has finally ended. Did not think I last until the very end, but now that I did, I can honestly say:

This series was not even worth watching!

Characters never developed, and the romance did not advance one bit.
The music and the club had no role at all, an office worker could have been the MC and face the same issues.
Was the plot heading anywhere? Beacuse if it did, I could not tell.

All they did was solve meaningless puzzles that the MC's were completely unrelated to, all so the author can bring up various problems from japanese society (this is what you get the awards for, after all), and then drop them at the end of each episode.
Take the gay theme for example. It was nothing more than a comedy element (and fujoshi bait, ofc) for Chika to kick Haruta off his high horse whenever he brought up his feelings.

Good thing P.A.Works does not make second seasons, and ieven if they do, it won't be for this sorry excuse for a series, that hardly anyone bothered watching.
Mar 23, 2016 1:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Last episode wasn't anything special imo. Overall average series. Some episodes were hits, but some of them were misses too.

2/5
Mar 23, 2016 2:04 PM

Dec 2012
8/10
I'm gonna miss you, Chika
Mar 23, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2015
This show was alright nothing special
Got boring at times

6/10
Mar 23, 2016 2:35 PM

Aug 2013
5/10 probably worst PA Works show (ok, there was Uchouten Kazoku too). I watched it only because Chika.
Btw I liked Glasslip, so don't mention it if you want quote me :p
rsc-plMar 23, 2016 4:35 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 23, 2016 2:37 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Overall, it was average af.

5/10.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 23, 2016 2:45 PM

Sep 2015
Well, I'm glad that's over. Sums up my thoughts on this lol.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Mar 23, 2016 3:06 PM

Feb 2014
eh 6/10. I don't regret sticking around but honestly nothing was really that special about it.

In general it got boring at times, especially with the episodic mysteries that were solved in ways that I can only describe as "Haruta is a genius and that's it. No questions asked". I know that show (with the crazy bone detective) last season had that exact same problem, these characters always knew how to solve each mystery which made it pretty unsuspenseful and boring imo. I did like the character interactions though but overall, it was pretty average.

Won't be too sad if it doesn't get a season 2.
Tokoya said:
adapatations are not supposed to be carbon copies of source materials and until the anime community in general can accept that and judge an anime based on what it presents and how they handle every episode, these threads will continue to be filled with hate posts by purists
Mar 23, 2016 3:18 PM

Jun 2012
This is by no means a good anime, but not as bad some of you are making it out to be.
Mar 23, 2016 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
I like the last scene and that they didn't win.

Overall, it was bad-average. Mysteries seemed out of place and conveniently popped up everywhere. Music seemed important but wasn't focused on. Haruta didn't even confess to Sensei so romance tag should just burn.
Mar 23, 2016 3:46 PM

Apr 2015
An alright ending. Somewhat expected there to be no confession, but Kusakabe's reason for not taking the conductor role and it being quickly dealt with felt lacking. The performance near the end was nice, though. The episodic mysteries weren't as engaging as I'd hoped. It would have been nice to see more of the other members as the spotlight shifted, too. Decent watch. 5/10
Mar 23, 2016 3:55 PM

Dec 2014
That was some impressive music in my opinion. Fuck the sequel-baiting ending though.

But I still don't hold a very high opinion of this show. In general it was very dull and formulaic. It tries to get you emotionally invested but it fails because you can't really give a shit about any of the characters involved. And on the topic of the characters, either they had no real traits to speak of or they were very unlikable. They just threw random characteristics onto these people without even utilizing them properly. This show thinks that we should give a shit about someone because they're disabled or have a different sexuality. It doesn't work like that. Probably the biggest downfall of this show is that it's episodic structure was largely superfluous. Very rarely has this show cranked out an even somewhat enjoyable offering, which is a fail for episodic series in my opinion. And with the short length, you can't get invested into it at all. But besides, when your mysteries involve someone's furry fetish or peeping on students, can you really get invested at all?

This isn't a good show by any means, but I still say it's better than Charlotte because HaruChika at least is inoffensive, but that's also its biggest downside. I'll probably forget this even exists in a few months or so.

5/10
Mar 23, 2016 3:55 PM
Jul 2011
ExoticBankai said:
I don't know if i would go that far. They were both pretty boring with generic characters and lackluster "mysteries".

rsc-pl said:
5/10 probably worst PA Works show (ok, there was Uchouten Kazoku). I watched it only because Chika.
Btw I liked Glasslip, so don't mention it if you want quote me :p
Liking that horrible missed-opportunity mishmash that was Glass Lip and not enjoying the wild irreverence that was Uchoten Kazoku? That's shameful. Red Data Girl was also pretty bad, though. Step it up, PA Works. It's likely all based on what they adapt, though. Needs more Okada.
Mar 23, 2016 4:01 PM

Oct 2010
Underrated anime IMO. Though, I give a majority of the score to Chika. She's absolutely the best girl of the season for me. Her unique personality, excellent voice acting, and overall just good vibe I think will be unforgettable. Plus she's cute as can be. 8/10 from me for the series as a whole, I do wish it had more focus on actual music but Chika is amazing.

LOL @ people thinking this is anywhere close to P.A. Work's worst shows like Glasslip. Further LOL when I see people bashing Uchouten Kazoku...that show was legit if you're capable of thinking about what it was really about.
KougeruMar 23, 2016 4:10 PM
Mar 23, 2016 4:06 PM

May 2015
I really wanted this to be better, but it is what it is; a shame really.... Not a memorable series (story and/or character wise) overall.

Anyhow, I felt like nothing of importance happened during these whole 12 episodes. It ended, the same way it started it.

4/10

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Mar 23, 2016 4:10 PM

Jul 2008
I found myself skipping parts in pretty much every episode and I don't feel like I missed out on anything. 5/10 it was ok but just ok.
Mar 23, 2016 4:21 PM

Jul 2015
LogiRogi said:
ExoticBankai said:
I don't know if i would go that far. They were both pretty boring with generic characters and lackluster "mysteries".

I think the opposite, Hyouka was awesome to me, probably the best animation i have ever seen, the character where interesting, and yeah the mysteries weren't real mysteries but i like it anyway.
Mar 23, 2016 4:22 PM

Oct 2015
Another series that ends its season but is hoping a continuation which I hope will be as good as this.
I am Argentine, so is not very good my English, sorry for the many typing errors.

Mar 23, 2016 4:24 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah they could've at least show the performance, c'mon
Chika continues to be cute, I kinda liked the show but idk, felt kinda lacking in the end
Baby, daijobanai...
Mar 23, 2016 4:28 PM
Jul 2011
ExoticBankai said:
LogiRogi said:

I think the opposite, Hyouka was awesome to me, probably the best animation i have ever seen, the character where interesting, and yeah the mysteries weren't real mysteries but i like it anyway.
Think what you like. Hyouka always bored me. The only good episodes were the festival ones towards the end. But I'm generally not a big fan of Kyo Ani, anyways. P.A. Works, on the other hand, is often great but has disappointed this season.
Mar 23, 2016 4:32 PM

Jul 2015
LogiRogi said:
ExoticBankai said:

Think what you like. Hyouka always bored me. The only good episodes were the festival ones towards the end. But I'm generally not a big fan of Kyo Ani, anyways. P.A. Works, on the other hand, is often great but has disappointed this season.

Well actually the only one i find a bit boring where the festival ones^^
Mar 23, 2016 4:36 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
For me, it's not that it was bad, and it's not that it was good, but I felt very inconsistent. Many of the parts were weak, especially in the first half, but I liked the two main characters and I felt some of what it tried to do was at least different. So, while a bit disappointed, I'm not unhappy I watched it.
Mar 23, 2016 4:40 PM

Sep 2013
Does this count as a finale??????? Liked it for what it was rather than taking its elements too seriously.

I can live without another season of Haruchika unless they go for ChikaXSerizawa yuri subplot.........
Mar 23, 2016 4:48 PM

Mar 2015
It wasn't as bad as people say, but not as amazing as it could've been. I do feel kinda cheated on the Romance tag, same with that Rhythm show also airing this season >.<
Mar 23, 2016 4:48 PM

May 2008
6/10 rip and i doubt it gonna get a second season :c inb4 it sells like crazy
Mar 23, 2016 4:57 PM

Apr 2013
I can say this much for sure: at least we got to hear the entire performance. Unlike with Hibike! Euphonium, there were no interruptions with the music at all, no fading out to hear someone's inner monologue, no cutting to outside of the room where it was muffled plus have people talking over it, and the outcome was as to be expected.

Am I disappointed with the series? I'm not going to deny it, it was a chore to watch at times. I feel a little cheated in some areas, but considering I didn't care for Hibike! Euphonium either, I clearly don't have a favorite between the two. I'm just glad I got to hear some music and that there was no drama bullshit.

Also, I don't think the "romance" tag is needed. There was hardly romance at all, I don't know why it's being advertised as such.

6/10
Mar 23, 2016 5:18 PM

Dec 2010
The best way to describe this ending, and the show as a whole, is - average.

The animation was so-so.

The 'mysteries' were unexciting.

The characterization was barely there.

The 2 climaxes in this episode - the results of the competition, and the teacher's decision to stay - failed to arouse any strong feelings either way.

It felt like they knew they had a stinker, so decided to dump the roll of credits right in the middle before showing the ending so that they would not lose their audience.
Mar 23, 2016 6:04 PM

Sep 2010
Jacara said:
The best way to describe this ending, and the show as a whole, is - average.

The animation was so-so.

The 'mysteries' were unexciting.

The characterization was barely there.

The 2 climaxes in this episode - the results of the competition, and the teacher's decision to stay - failed to arouse any strong feelings either way.

I agree. It also ended with Serizawa joining the brass band club and in the middle of a bus ride home. That was a strange way to leave the series.

Overall, this was 5/10. I just couldn't get into it.

"to the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world." -a magnet
Mar 23, 2016 6:20 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I enjoyed this quite a lot, despite it not being exceptional in any way. In that regard, it reminds me of Tari Tari, except that HaruChika didn't really have any character development despite it having gone through around two years in the story. I think this should've gone slower (at maximum, go through one year of high school), or gotten more episodes, in which the latter would've never happened. And that reminds me of Red Data Girl too, where they apparently also rushed through the source material. Shame for both series, although others would argue otherwise, since many thought both this and RDG were boring.

I actually liked the "mysteries" a lot, and the way they were incorporated into the story. They were not only interesting, but many of them were also touching. It was overall, quite a relaxing watch for me. Haruta and Chika's relationship dynamics was very entertaining to watch. Quite refreshing to see a childhood relationship that doesn't involve romance (either one-sided or mutual). Their sarcastic attitude towards each other reminds me of two of my friends. In the end though, there's still a lot of things that the show lacks, so I understand why people had a negative experience. I don't think it's one of the worst of this season though...although that depends how many and what anime one has been watching. It's by far not the worst from PA Works. and yeah lol, bringing Uchouten Kazoku into this, really?
Mar 23, 2016 6:46 PM

Sep 2014
That's it? It felt a bit lackluster. It was more of an episode you would find in the middle of the season vs the end. It didn't fit.

But that spirit bomb.....lol
Mar 23, 2016 7:10 PM

Jan 2011
even being a big PA works fan i can say for sure this wasn't their best work but far from their worst

with that said this show had the same issues i had with Sakurako-san regrading the Mysteries with mr know it all Haru.

and i would of taken any other kind of romance over a unrequited love for a teacher that never went any where it was treated more as a gag watching the haru-chika duo fight so that in it's self was entertaining.

but at times i forgot HaruChika was about music with it's mystery of the week setting and i wish it would of focused more on the performances because they were to listen even if you didn't even get to see 90% of it and this finale if you can call it that ended really abruptly.

6.5/10 watched it for Chika and dem eyes ps fuck Haru biggest asshole this season

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ CHIKA TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ so i can get another season of you
Mar 23, 2016 7:19 PM
Apr 2015
uhh i wasn't a fan of Hyouka and this being one step lower than it in terms of absolutely everything doesn't help.

6/10 for Chika

on second thought, i'll give this a seven. At some times I enjoyed this more than Hyouka. Also, the music and Chika are its saving grace.
a s2 would be nice.
comingsmileMar 23, 2016 8:57 PM
Mar 23, 2016 7:28 PM

Apr 2011
The open ending left me unsatisfield. I wanted improvement over Haru and Chika's relationship. I wasn't disappointed that there was not music performance or the mystery solving was bad. The best girl Chika is my one reason I continued to watch this. She was fun, cute, funny, and perky. She makes a fine waifu.

7/10. Because Chika
MagitoMar 26, 2016 6:22 PM
Mar 23, 2016 7:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This series started off pretty meh for me but it gradually managed to pick things up and I ended up really enjoying most of it

Pretty nice finale overall and I wouldn't mind a S2 at all

7/10 for me
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 16, 2023

0 by yukiyamayui »»
Nov 16, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Haruchika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2016

429 by Nakano_Nin0 »»
Sep 16, 2022 6:05 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2016

126 by Assassin2112 »»
Jun 24, 2022 9:16 PM

» Why is HaruChika's rating so low

ChrisAMV - Mar 5, 2016

41 by PowerMinerYT »»
Jun 15, 2022 3:06 AM

Poll: » HaruChika: Haruta to Chika wa Seishun Suru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2016

86 by luminality »»
Oct 1, 2021 11:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.