Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 5, 2016 10:01 AM

Jun 2011
Damn for the fourth time in my life I cried by watching an anime... Even though it was obvious from the start she would die. Gotta admit it was nicely done Ufotable yo!

But still its quite sad that after all the people who "sacrified" themself for him, Lenka will still die soon...
But I only buy anime with happy end, sorry won't buy this one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2016 10:02 AM

Jan 2016
Gidar said:
silverwalls said:
wow this episode was actually pretty good, i'm impressed. the incesty vibes were kind of unnecessary though.

*sigh* ... Cause a relationship between a boy and a girl who grew up together but aren't related in the slightest, not even by some odd 2-3 degree cousin bullshit is considered incest -.-

if you ever had a real silbling you could not only tell by looks, but even by things like smelll whether they are related to you or not. Guess adopting an unrelated person and falling in love with him/her over time blows your narrowminded view ^^

Im still amazed how people just roll with the incest term (that some bullshit society idiots came upt with) on unrelated people who merely grew up together -.-

as for this episode ... hella tragic, i just wished she could've at least gave him a kiss goodbye, before realizing in her dying moments that she was actually in love with this person who protected n stood up for her all this time :((

Pretty sad ending to her life, hell she stab her throat and didn't die before being consumed. That was tragic AF.

I was thinking the same thing, was she going to get a kiss? Seemed it was leaning that way once she told Lenka that they weren't related.
Mar 5, 2016 10:09 AM

Jan 2014
Yay it's back ٩̋(๑˃́ꇴ˂̀๑)۶
We got some backstory.. too bad his whole "family" died. It'll be interesting to see what they can squeeze into the next three episodes.
Mar 5, 2016 10:19 AM

May 2014
Alxanta said:
After few months absent, this episode make a great come back....

Lenka had a pretty sad past, this ep give me the feels, and that Iroha last moment just so sad.... (that blank stare..... really shake my heart....)

And I need until Iroha said it first before realized why they dont go to Fenrir after know Lenka positive result, stupid me...
Poor Iroha and her family, atleast the hope and dream they pass into Lenka keep blaze inside Lenka's heart.

And YES the music really give me the fell, anyone know the music for the Lenka-Iroha last moment?

If the normal ep only give 7/10 I would give 9/10 for this ep. Great comeback God Eater !

It's Kouhai Chi. Not released yet.
Mar 5, 2016 10:23 AM

May 2015
I really liked this feels trip. It was a lot like Eren's backstory, except Everyone else dies here and his Mikasa dies too.
Mar 5, 2016 10:32 AM

Jan 2015
Really enjoyed this episode, perfect time for a backstory ep and it was done beautifully.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 5, 2016 10:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
God Eater is back and this was actually by far the best episode. Amazing backstory that is fully enough to understand for me why Lenka wants to kill Aragami.
Mar 5, 2016 11:18 AM
Dec 2010
oh wow, just wow

i was watching this for lulz thinking ufotable abandoned this already, didn't expect my eyes almost wet because of the plot

well played ufo, well played
Mar 5, 2016 11:20 AM
Jul 2018
God Eater is back!

Lenka's backstory was beautiful!
Mar 5, 2016 11:28 AM

Feb 2016
Was God Eater always this good? I mean yea it was visually impressive from the start but this episode had me in my feels. It actually felt like it had a plot this time. I actually felt like Lenka had a purpose now. lmao so much feels :'(
Mar 5, 2016 11:33 AM

Sep 2014
An okay episode, I would probably have enjoyed it more if I had any attachment left to the characters.

I'm glad that slicing her own neck didn't hamper the sister's speech at all, that would've made the last scene far less emotional...
Mar 5, 2016 11:41 AM

Jun 2014
I remember seeing on ANN that this was coming back this weekend, but I thought I'd have to wait until Sunday. Wasn't expecting it to air today.

Well, I still don't really care for this anime, but this episode was actually somewhat decent I guess. Pretty much just focusing on Lenka's sad backstory. That was fucking brutal when his sister sliced her neck, I wasn't expecting to see that out of practically nowhere. I liked the insert song during the last several minutes, the OST is definitely this anime's strong point. Lets see how this ends.....

And surprise surprise, there are people saying that the scene where the father dies was plagiarized from SnK. I'll admit, I also thought about SnK when I saw that scene, but why does everyone think SnK is the first thing to portray these situations, and anytime something remotely similar shows up, it's just a blatant rip-off?
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 5, 2016 11:47 AM
Aug 2015
Love it! waited so long for the next ep
I am really curious how it ends and I love the music so hoping they publish a cd
Mar 5, 2016 12:07 PM

Jun 2013
And we're back. I like how ufotable turned a 13 episode show into a split cour.

So we get info on Lenka. He was abandoned as a baby and a family who was denied entry into Fenrir picked him up and adopted him. Lenka grew up with them, not knowing that he was adopted. And his onee-chan was cute. Iroha was cute both when young and when grown up. It's a shame she had to die.

While searching for medicine, they get attacked by aragami and Lindow comes to the rescue of Iroha and Lenka.

Lenka got infected by the same disease his mom and those around them were infected by. They did the god eater test on Lenka and he turned positive. The mother said that he has a future now and should live on. Since they aren't related to Lenka by blood, they can't enter Fenrir with him which means that the family would inevitably split. The family then decided to at the very least, let Lenka live on since he can become a god eater and at least protect them, provided they live on and also because Lenka can now be of use to the world unlike them who tested negative.

Lenka went through quite the crap. His family died for his sake and they weren't even his blood relatives. So he is carrying on their wishes by living on and becoming a god eater.

This was all to give reason to Lenka and his "I'll kill aragami" thing. His family died at the hands of the harsh outside aragami filled world. Everything is because of those aragami so neko them.

And Lenka not liking those tested negative to be denied entry into Fenrir gets strength here – if they would allow them to enter Lenka's family wouldn't have died.

Now we will move on to the operation. Lenka got his weapon back again and can now fight. This operation won't be a nice experience for them though.
Mar 5, 2016 12:23 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, this show wasn't amazing so far or anything, but this episode was pretty good. That last moment with his sister was really sad. The animation was good (for that scene with the sister)
Mar 5, 2016 12:23 PM

Jan 2014
Such a sad and grisly fate for Iroha. To slit her own throat and then get eaten. I really got a good sense of how powerless Renka felt when running away, and the depths of his hatred for the Aragami.
Mar 5, 2016 12:39 PM
Jul 2018
The return of the greatness is back.

And yep, still feel the nostalgia of people shitting on it either for being boring or something stupid as fuck. Lmao.
But anyway, I love this episode. Very nice execution at least in terms of the emotional aspect for Lenka's backstory. I can't deny, it was kind of similar to Eren's but at least it added some spice at the table.
Mar 5, 2016 12:39 PM

May 2012
Forgot what was the name of the protagonist and most probably other characters as well, but that aside, a pretty nice episode.
But when Iroha slit her throat I was quite confused as to why is she still able to talk, she should be dead lol. Also chuckled after reading this because of the accuracy:
deplorable said:

she can't even kill herself properly.

Can't wait for the next ep~
Mar 5, 2016 12:44 PM

Jul 2015
So am I wrong or could they have saved both Lenka's and the mother's lives? I mean they could've just taken Lenka to Fenrir or whateveritscalled and let the mother have the medicine instead. I'm sure Fenrir has an abundance of all sorts of drugs to keep their soldiers alive. Seriously this realization made the already overly dramatic and - for lack of a better word - edgy episode even worse.

The stubborn dad was a real dick too, for not letting Lenka have a better life inside Fenrir. If the outside world is that fucking gory and dangerous, then you want to protect the people you love no matter how much you "disagree with the principles" of the safe haven. The dad clearly didn't care much for Lenka's safety, so his death shouldn't have any impact no matter how many tears they animate.

I'm not going to even mention the magic that let Iroha stay conscious for minutes after slashing her carotid vein...

Ufotable is clearly trying to restart the show with an emotional bang to keep the viewers interested. I just wish it didn't require a complete shut-off of your brain in order to enjoy it. And the show is still as overly serious as it ever was. At least the blank slate of a protagonist has been given some background to make him seem a teeny bit more human.

Vote: 2/5 (dislike)

inb4 "dun watch it if u dun liek it" I'm not going to let my Dropped list grow with another short show like this. Besides, watching crap shows makes you appreciate the better ones more. And once I'm finally finished with this show, I'm free to shit on it to my heart's content and nobody can tell me to "watch the whole series or u wont understand its depth" or other bs.
Mar 5, 2016 12:44 PM

May 2012

Also, no offense, but I always wonder why do people summarize the episode in a forum topic where, I think, they should tell what they thought of the episode? I don't come here to read what happened in an episode which I finished literally 1 minute ago.
Once again, no offense. But I'm really curious as to why this happens.
Mar 5, 2016 1:44 PM

May 2015
So it's back again. Comeback with a great episode. So they completely focused on Lenka's past in this episode. Neat. In my opinion, very well done. That was really brutal and sad. Fantastic flashback and backstory. Gotta say, the feels were definitely there at Iroha's last moments. That "kill Aragami" though. I got the SnK vibes there. Lol.

Gidar said:
silverwalls said:
wow this episode was actually pretty good, i'm impressed. the incesty vibes were kind of unnecessary though.

*sigh* ... Cause a relationship between a boy and a girl who grew up together but aren't related in the slightest, not even by some odd 2-3 degree cousin bullshit is considered incest -.-

Yea. People shouldn't throw words they don't know the exact meaning of.
ReverberateMar 5, 2016 1:51 PM

Mar 5, 2016 2:04 PM

Aug 2010
No!!! My Wincest didn't bear fruit D: IrohaxLenka was great.
That last scene when she said she loved him and they show her being eaten was disturbing and sad asf T^T
Mar 5, 2016 2:14 PM

Jun 2013
it's back and it was a really good episode
Mar 5, 2016 2:27 PM

Jan 2009
holy shit that was one emotional but great episode
Mar 5, 2016 2:29 PM

May 2012
Best episode so far
Mar 5, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2011
This was surprisingly a great ep. I felt so sad when Lenka had to say goodbye to his family one by one. Felt really bad for his cute sister, such a grim way to go out.
Mar 5, 2016 3:10 PM
Jan 2016
alinet86 said:
Ginpachi said:

Ahah had the same feeling, most of the episode gave me an Attack on Titan vibe, without the crazy drama everytime somebody end a sentence lol

Tonikaku altogether I liked this episode even though I feel like it's was waaaaayyyy too late for the origin story when there's only 2ep left. Beside I feel like it was a little unnecessary since is motivation was clearly established. Kinda like they wanted to push us to like the character again before the end ^.^

Maybe they just want to remind us again about what this story is all about considering it has been three month so people could already forgot about why he want to kill the Aragami. KILL ALL THE TITANS
I just love to scream that XD

And I agree that the Lenka past should be revealed little by little over the past ep. and shoving it all together in this ep and only 2 or is it 3 more ep??? feel like a little late.

KILL ALL THE ARAGAMI!! Oups sorry I meant the Titan :')
Stress makes you bald, but it’s stressful to avoid stress, so you end up stressed out anyway,
so in the end there’s nothing you can do.
(Gintama)
Mar 5, 2016 3:34 PM

Mar 2012
mimiiria said:
So am I wrong or could they have saved both Lenka's and the mother's lives? I mean they could've just taken Lenka to Fenrir or whateveritscalled and let the mother have the medicine instead. I'm sure Fenrir has an abundance of all sorts of drugs to keep their soldiers alive. Seriously this realization made the already overly dramatic and - for lack of a better word - edgy episode even worse.

The stubborn dad was a real dick too, for not letting Lenka have a better life inside Fenrir. If the outside world is that fucking gory and dangerous, then you want to protect the people you love no matter how much you "disagree with the principles" of the safe haven. The dad clearly didn't care much for Lenka's safety, so his death shouldn't have any impact no matter how many tears they animate.

I'm not going to even mention the magic that let Iroha stay conscious for minutes after slashing her carotid vein...

Ufotable is clearly trying to restart the show with an emotional bang to keep the viewers interested. I just wish it didn't require a complete shut-off of your brain in order to enjoy it. And the show is still as overly serious as it ever was. At least the blank slate of a protagonist has been given some background to make him seem a teeny bit more human.

inb4 "dun watch it if u dun liek it" I'm not going to let my Dropped list grow with another short show like this. Besides, watching crap shows makes you appreciate the better ones more. And once I'm finally finished with this show, I'm free to shit on it to my heart's content and nobody can tell me to "watch the whole series or u wont understand its depth" or other bs.

Yeah because it would have been so easy to transport a dying lenka to Fenrir for days and without vehicles , also the father wanted to send him away and it was the sister that was against it....i guess you did shut down your brain after all :p
J1m1sMar 5, 2016 3:53 PM
Mar 5, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
I enjoyed this episode more than the previous ones.
Mar 5, 2016 3:56 PM

Jan 2012
I forgot this was coming back. My reaction when I remembered:

Needless to say I didn't miss it. This flashback episode was...ok I guess. They went a bit overboard with the sister's end, I nearly gagged on the schmaltz.
Mar 5, 2016 4:08 PM

Dec 2008
Finally! I feel like I've been waiting for this for years! Man, the tears rolled hard and fast!!
Mar 5, 2016 4:18 PM

Sep 2008
Aside from the episode which i agree was good. I like the fact they show how his reasoning changed.

Since we are comparing SnK and GE, i always felt it stupid that Eren was like OMFG I WANA KILL ALL TITANS THEY KILL MAH FAMILY. When his adopted sister is right there. You would think a person who had his family taken would have some interest in protecting his sister...which he never even considers. Always pissed me off.

By contrast we have Renka who wanted to protect his entire family. And as each family member dies one by one we see him still trying to protect the last semblance of family he has left. Once that is taken from him his entire reasoning changes from protect his family to killing the aragami that, by result, ended up killing his family.

Nice development. Also SnK, aside from Marcos revealed reason behind his death, was lack luster in emotion. And Eren was just annoying. At least the MC in GE wasn't as much of a moron as Eren has been.
Mar 5, 2016 4:47 PM

Jan 2008
Wow, did not expect them to make a entire backstory for the character. In the game where you create your character, you aren't even given one. This adds some worth to Lenka.

Good episode, wish they didn't show the Aragami's eating Iroha though, kinda ruined the moment of her afterlife scene for me.
Mar 5, 2016 4:53 PM

Jan 2015
mimiiria said:

No, clearly it took some time for Lenka to reach Fenrir from when he left with Iroha and that was with a Motorcycle, imagine traveling with a full family with 1 member recovering and another member sick.
Plus the other family members would've been left outside since there was no blood relation so they would've been sol.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Mar 5, 2016 5:09 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my gosh, that ending was so brutal.... Anyway nice to see God Eater back again
Mar 5, 2016 5:12 PM

Jan 2016
Well this was an intense episode, definitely a tear-jerker. It was nice to see Lenka's origin and how he came to be who he is today. I hope the last few episodes maintain the same quality.
Mar 5, 2016 5:13 PM

Jul 2015
The animation and the decor where beautiful but they had month to do it so that's the minimum, best episode of the series so far, a lot of cliche in this flashback but it was still good.

And was it me or did she cut her throat but keep talking for like 2 minutes, that was weird haha
Mar 5, 2016 5:43 PM

Sep 2014
My god. ..this episode was so sad. Lenka really had it rough and now that he's going to die soon it only makes his story sadder. Very powerful comeback by God eater.

Feels/10.

Genuinely cried on the death of each family member, ESPECIALLY the sister.

T ~ T
Mar 5, 2016 5:52 PM

Jul 2014
Just wow, looks like they took advantage of that time off to improve but I personally enjoyed it from the start anyways.

That throat slit was brutal, sucks how the whole family was eaten one at a time. Would be pretty ironic if Lenka was too lol.
Mar 5, 2016 6:20 PM

Jun 2015
When she slit her own throat, my heart stopped for a second. People really dont give this show enough credit. While the setting may be generic, the execution for this series is quite amazing and the episode was the pinnacle of execution. So many little details that i never thought an anime would even bother to show. This anime is not afraid at all to show to brutality of the world and i respect that a lot. Even in other sad or depressing anime, its hard to appreciate such things. From a hunting game to an emotional work of art, God eater deserves my respect. And i cant believe that lindow gave lenka the compass. They probably hinted it and those episodes aired a long time ago so i cant remember it but still shocking
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Mar 5, 2016 6:22 PM

Jan 2011
god eater back from the grave completely forgot about this,cant really be surprised by the quality they had like what 6 or 7 months to work on this lol.

feelsbadman best girl not only had to slit her throat (somehow able to still talk to give her goodbye) but gets eaten alive like yall had to add that in huh.
Mar 5, 2016 6:28 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that was pretty great. Better than expected. Though when Lenka met Lindow, they don't seems like they've met before.

Mar 5, 2016 6:36 PM

Jan 2011
God Eater is finally back and this episode almost brought me to tears. We finally got to see Lenka's backstory and it was really sad. Lenka was abandoned ever since it was a baby and was pretty much adopted by Iroha's family. Iroha was such a kind a loving sister to Lenka; she even gave Lenka his name.

Lenka's test results were positive which is why he was able to become a God Eater and go to Fenrir. It makes sense now that Lindow saved Lenka and Iroha, especially since he was one the one that gave Iroha that compass which now belongs to Lenka. Lenka lost his mother, father and sister. Truly a rough past. That's where all his whole 'I'm gonna kill all the Aragami" motivation came from. Iroha's death scene was really emotional, especially when she imagined a world where there were plants and grass then seeing her body get eaten by those Aragami. The insert song sung by naomi was beautiful. Can't wait for the final 3 episodes of the anime. Good stuff, ufotable.
Mar 5, 2016 6:52 PM

Nov 2014
This adaptation is such a train wreck but this new episode is actually good enough.
Mar 5, 2016 7:07 PM

May 2014
Amazing !!!!! OMG
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2016 7:26 PM

May 2015
train of feels coming
Mar 5, 2016 7:38 PM

Dec 2015
Finally the 10th episode, and I've pretty much forgotten everyone's name but they'll come back to me as I see the characters again.
This world is fucking brutal... the amount of feels this episode. Why they gotta show Iroha being eaten with those blank eyes. And she realized right at the end that she loved him... that's too much. (Hopefully I interpreted that scene correctly)

Mar 5, 2016 7:46 PM

Jan 2014
Wow that was really good... reminded me a lot of SnK. But anyways, great comeback episode, excited to see the next few episodes
Mar 5, 2016 7:53 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Attack on Aragami

OMG FEELS T_____________T

I was hoping his sister would survive but nope </3
Mar 5, 2016 8:13 PM

Apr 2014
No Underboob-chan this episode, but damn this episode was great.
I love how this show doesn't shy away from brutality like a lot of other shows tend to do.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » God Eater Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2015

636 by Karva1 »»
Apr 14, 5:53 PM

» Is this like the worst anime OST ever?

Kayle_x_Morgana - Apr 4, 2022

8 by RudeRedis »»
Mar 2, 7:39 AM

» Is it good?

Bijou146 - Jan 18

15 by HenryLeo123 »»
Jan 19, 11:51 AM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2016

262 by Tropisch »»
Jan 4, 7:30 PM

Poll: » God Eater Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 19, 2016

143 by Nikmomo93 »»
Dec 26, 2023 10:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.