Forum Settings
Forums

Albright: 'special place in hell' for women who don't support Clinton

New
Feb 8, 2016 1:40 AM

Nov 2009
Former secretary of state Madeleine Albright introduced Hillary Clinton at an event in New Hampshire on Saturday, telling the crowd and voters in general: “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other!”

In polling, Clinton trails the Vermont senator Bernie Sanders in New Hampshire by an average of around 17 points. She leads him nationally by 15 to 20 points. In this week’s Iowa caucuses, which Clinton won narrowly, the former secretary of state led Sanders among women by 53% to 42% but lost out among younger voters.

Both campaigns were in New Hampshire on Saturday, ahead of Tuesday’s primary. Introducing Clinton in Concord, Albright said: “When she was secretary of state, she restored America’s reputation.

“Those other people before made huge mistakes. They really undermined our reputation and our position in the world, and Hillary Clinton brought us back, she restored our position in the world.

Former secretary of state Madeleine Albright introduced Hillary Clinton at an event in New Hampshire on Saturday, telling the crowd and voters in general: “There’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other!”

In polling, Clinton trails the Vermont senator Bernie Sanders in New Hampshire by an average of around 17 points. She leads him nationally by 15 to 20 points. In this week’s Iowa caucuses, which Clinton won narrowly, the former secretary of state led Sanders among women by 53% to 42% but lost out among younger voters.

Both campaigns were in New Hampshire on Saturday, ahead of Tuesday’s primary. Introducing Clinton in Concord, Albright said: “When she was secretary of state, she restored America’s reputation.

“Those other people before made huge mistakes. They really undermined our reputation and our position in the world, and Hillary Clinton brought us back, she restored our position in the world.

Albright was the first woman to be secretary of state and served during the presidency of Clinton’s husband, Bill. She closed her New Hampshire speech with an allusion to the ongoing struggle with Republicans over abortion rights.

“Young women have to support Hillary Clinton. The story is not over!” she said. “They’re going to want to push us back. Appointments to the supreme court make all the difference.

“It’s not done and you have to help. Hillary Clinton will always be there for you. And just remember, there’s a special place in hell for women who don’t help each other.”

Albright has recited the line for years, and the line drew a great cheer from the Concord crowd. but it may not play as well retrospectively, with a glance back of just six days, when Bernie Sanders overwhelmingly won young voters in Iowa – by a margin of six-to-one, including young women.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/06/madeleine-albright-campaigns-for-hillary-clinton

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In case you are wondering who Albright is, she was the SoS during the Clinton administration, the administration that pushed for an embargo in Iraq for basic needs such as water purifiers and medical supplies. Ironically this move not only helped solidify Saddam's power, however it also lead to the death of roughly 500,000 Iraqi children (more than were killed in both Atomic bombs according to a 60 minute clip showing her claim it was "worth it").

There were actually a few other articles saying basically "women need to form a 'hive mind mentality'" and my basic question is this, where is the feminist outrage? I know, I know, wanting a women president is very feminist and whatnot, but is it not sexist to expect all women to vote for a candidate (not because of what they have to offer, as is the case with men) but because they are simply a woman? To me that sounds . . . Well . . . Sexist.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 8, 2016 1:42 AM

Jun 2008
Just to be fair....

What she said was, "There's a special place in hell for women who don't help each other".

Still stupid....but let's just get it right.
Feb 8, 2016 1:46 AM

Jan 2011
So basically her selling point is men who don't support her are misogynists and women who don't support her are gender traitors.
Feb 8, 2016 1:49 AM

Sep 2012
Is she gonna start picketing the funerals of women who don't vote for Hillary, WBC style?
Feb 8, 2016 1:53 AM

Mar 2008
Why couldnt Hillary have been a man so people cant pull this sort of thing.
Feb 8, 2016 2:03 AM
Feb 2014
Here it is guys, this is exactly what feminism has preached the entire time.

Soon us mansplainers will all be prisoners for good if Hillary elects her in her cabinet.
Feb 8, 2016 2:17 AM

Nov 2009
Rinshansan said:
Here it is guys, this is exactly what feminism has preached the entire time.

Soon us mansplainers will all be prisoners for good if Hillary elects her in her cabinet.
Nah. It's more likely she will push to carpet bomb Syria because "It is worth it." Although it does seem actually plausible (which is scary) considering that she mentions essentially that the court systems need to favor women more (presumably even more than they already do. Which is truly terrifying considering how heavily women are favored in court)

I'm surprised that Hilary, given her attempts to be seen as more "liberal" than Bernie Sanders is seen with someone like Albright too be honest.
Pirating_NinjaFeb 8, 2016 2:21 AM
Feb 8, 2016 2:21 AM

Jan 2016
I'd find it a little insulting if I was part of the social demographic Ms. Albright was targeting with her little speeches. There is nothing at all to guarantee that gender inequalities will fixed just because Hillary, as a woman, would be elected. That is not to say that she would not make an effort to work towards solving such issues; but it is fairly obvious that this is an example of using gender to buy votes.

We've had some similar tactics being used in my home town by an anti-Islamic group trying to convince the public that they're not racists. All they did was put up a photo of a black guy with some of their members and all of a sudden... we're inclusive! It really is childish to see this type of simplistic political marketing being used, and sad when you see how it can sometimes work...
Feb 8, 2016 4:34 AM

May 2009
Yes, vote for her because she has a vagina and you have a vagina. Don't vote for her political ideals or whatever, vote for her because of the genitals you have in common. What could possibly go wrong?

And then they wonder why so many young women decide not to vote for Hillary and may vote for someone else, such as Bernie Sanders, instead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
AO968 said:

And then they wonder why so many young women decide not to vote for Hillary and may vote for someone else, such as Bernie Sanders, instead.

It's because young women know its a better way to get dick.
Women are more for [Clinton] than men are. Men tend to get more conservative because they gain power as they age, women get more radical because they lose power as they age.

They’re going to get more activist as they grow older. And when you’re younger, you think: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie.’

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/06/bernie-sanders-gloria-steinem-women-voters-men-hillary-clinton
Feb 8, 2016 5:36 AM

Jul 2015
NudeBear said:
AO968 said:

Women are more for [Clinton] than men are. Men tend to get more conservative because they gain power as they age, women get more radical because they lose power as they age.

They’re going to get more activist as they grow older. And when you’re younger, you think: ‘Where are the boys? The boys are with Bernie.’

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/feb/06/bernie-sanders-gloria-steinem-women-voters-men-hillary-clinton

"Men tend to get more conservative because they gain power as they age, women get more radical because they lose power as they age." theres something horribly wrong with both halves of that statement she slipped in...
Feb 8, 2016 5:51 AM

Jul 2009
Clinton always had that look on her face as though she came straight from hell. Hope she returns home soon.
Feb 8, 2016 6:27 AM

Jan 2012
That's frightening... , feel bad for USA women .

Feb 8, 2016 9:21 AM

Mar 2014
This is precisely why BERNIE SANDERS rules

#FeelTheBern
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 8, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2015
Comic_Sans said:
This is precisely why BERNIE SANDERS rules

#FeelTheBern

Agree.

I wish people would stop wanting a woman to be in power simply because she is a woman.

Being a woman doesn't mean she gives a flying fuck about any of y'all.
Banner credit to @turnip
Feb 8, 2016 9:24 AM

Dec 2014
Hm
it's a shame that I still don't care enough to support her
Feb 8, 2016 9:33 AM

May 2009
NudeBear said:
AO968 said:

I read this before, and I find that quite hard to believe. It makes the women look shallow and if anything is demeaning to women, that would be it. Of course, if it is true, than that's their choice, but I'd like to think of women being smarter than that. And given that women have actually said that they don't like this sweeping generalization, I think this is just another piece of feminist propaganda.

Instead, I'd argue the reason they're more tempted to vote for Sanders is because they agree with his political views more, and are more displeased with Hillary. This would mean they're smarter and more educated than the blind sheep that follow Hillary for no other reason than "she has a vagina, I have a vagina, so she must be in it for my best interest".

Of course, the feminists will probably see this is them betraying their fellow women, or even their gender as a whole. This is probably why they had Albright call out to them in the first place.

Now, I will admit, I too found the idea of a female President interesting at first (read: about a year ago), but she'd have to be suited for the job, and I don't think Hillary is the one. Besides, why now? They waited this long, I'm sure they can wait a little longer.
Firelord76Feb 8, 2016 9:38 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2016 9:37 AM

Nov 2008
Clinton is tyranny just like Trump but unlike Trump where it's mainly hate speech and stupid plans in public view, Clinton looks very emotionless and just has evil in her eyes and she often tries to hide her intentions often to no avail as she's been proven to be a crook and the FBI wants her on trial. Usually the one who tries hard to hide their misdeeds is the one that you may want to watch out for.

Feb 8, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2014
And this is why nobody takes the feminists seriously.
Feb 8, 2016 10:29 AM

Mar 2013
It's good to see Bernie supporters getting a taste of their own medicine. You scream racist at Trump supporters, Hillary supporters scream sexist at you. The cycle of meaningless buzzwords continues
Feb 8, 2016 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
Yea, I think that sounds a little pushy with no real reason other than because Hillary is a woman. If your target at that moment were women voters there should've been another way to encourage them.
Feb 8, 2016 8:56 PM

Dec 2012
this woman needs to crawl into a hole and die
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Feb 8, 2016 9:03 PM

Apr 2015
Clinton literally makes me want to be a meninist.

Feb 8, 2016 9:07 PM

Jan 2009
ridiculous, i hope she loses to Bernie Sanders
Feb 9, 2016 12:55 PM

Jan 2013
Honestly, I don't know how Hillarity Clinton is still a, or rather the top contender, short of the elections in the US having to be fixed, or Americans are just dumb as all hell.

Between her lunatic supporters, laughing on tv about a man's death, admitting to taking bribes, the whole Libyan affiar, the e-mails, keeping classified Data out in the open, her stupid suggestion in attacking China to avoid US debt, and promises of more bloodshed...just how does she have any backers?

And too bad for you Jox, given with all of that, I'll bet heavily on it not being Sanders getting it.
Feb 9, 2016 1:03 PM

Jun 2011
traed said:
Why couldnt Hillary have been a man so people cant pull this sort of thing.

Or why couldn't Elizabeth Warren have ran. That'd show those misogynist Berniebros who... would support her 100%.
Feb 9, 2016 1:04 PM
Jul 2018
There's a special place in hell for people who don't realize that cats > humans.
Feb 9, 2016 3:09 PM

May 2012
Hilary clinton is a shit head who got supported by lena dunham, a known pedophile and rapist. Fuck her.
Feb 9, 2016 3:13 PM

Mar 2012
Rinshansan said:
Nice to see the redpilled in full force. The more of them at this point in time, the better.
I think "girls gotta stick together!" is more old-school feminism and "a person's gender doesn't define them" is more new school. The former still holds sway though. I remember being surprised when a few of my feminist friends embraced the new Canadian government's decision to impose on arbitrary gender quota of 50% female Ministers.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Feb 9, 2016 3:16 PM

Jun 2008
Relevant.......

Feb 9, 2016 4:27 PM
Jan 2016
What if i don't like Clinton or her politics? Women are not allowed to be individuals anymore? I thought feminists were accepting.
Feb 9, 2016 4:37 PM

Dec 2013

Made a video in response, because reasons.

Hillary Clinton and her shills can piss right off.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Feb 9, 2016 6:36 PM

Nov 2009
Josh said:
Rinshansan said:
Nice to see the redpilled in full force. The more of them at this point in time, the better.
I think "girls gotta stick together!" is more old-school feminism and "a person's gender doesn't define them" is more new school. The former still holds sway though. I remember being surprised when a few of my feminist friends embraced the new Canadian government's decision to impose on arbitrary gender quota of 50% female Ministers.
I disagree, I think colletivistic values have always been an integral part of feminism. It is why things like "not being feminist means you are a misogynist". It is also why, I think in large part, many feminists in the media get behind Hilary Clinton in the first place despite her past comments on the LGBT (which are the exact type of speakers you often see labeled as "dangerous" at universities by feminists, resulting in censorship).
Feb 9, 2016 11:12 PM
Feb 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
Josh said:
I disagree, I think colletivistic values have always been an integral part of feminism. It is why things like "not being feminist means you are a misogynist". It is also why, I think in large part, many feminists in the media get behind Hilary Clinton in the first place despite her past comments on the LGBT (which are the exact type of speakers you often see labeled as "dangerous" at universities by feminists, resulting in censorship).

This.

I'm usually never exposed to feminism IRL, but I've been long convinced at this point it is more than just tribalistic. Just look at Twitter and weed out the women who dare testify about how hypocritical feminism is, they'll only get ganged upon for "trying to get male's attention" as if that thought is normalized in their small group.

There's just no use defending that kind of tribalism, and it's responsible for the divide between the sexes who think tribally rather than collaboratively, in which them thinking together on pushing for ACTUAL equality would be the case rather than the mindless Feminism vs MGTOW shit that's rampant across social media right now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.