Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 1, 2016 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
ConfusedEggplant said:
So I just have a question for light novel readers, which is: is Haunted dead now or did he survive that? Also what was with him in the first place, was he a ghost or something, he mentioned that he used to be alive.

Thank god this series is finally over.

6/10. Giving it a +5 from the 1 because of the LN.
Jan 1, 2016 1:40 PM

Aug 2013
I am legitimately fucking baffled as to how this has a higher rating than Concrete Revolutio...
Jan 3, 2016 12:36 PM

Feb 2013
Ohtori transformed. Pretty much the highlight.

4/10 below-average. Watched for Mari.

Also, skipping details is not the same as being rushed. This anime was just poorly done.
Jan 3, 2016 11:55 PM

Nov 2014
That was, meh, at best. The action was good, but it really wasn't anything to write home about.
Jan 5, 2016 4:42 AM

Feb 2013
I liked it a lot, I mean it wasn't amazing, but I liked the story, animation was fine, it was pretty funny, the MC wasn't like....a little bitch lol. There was a lot to enjoy about this anime.

8/10
Jan 5, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
ugh this isn't over. The LN is still publishing and there's a lot of loose ends they left open. See you guys in 1-3 years.
Jan 6, 2016 9:50 AM

Jan 2014
WTF was this retarded ending

"While I'm still myself" - just wtf is this

Turn to "God-hunt" mode just to pull your sister out of the "shell" wtf

God-hunt = just 'slightly' better than Witch hunt or our mc is just too noob to rekt the Nekro
MY ZEUS, A.K.A “King of The Robots”

Check this for my Mangas:
MangaUpdates
Jan 7, 2016 4:19 AM

Dec 2013
This fucking blows. You don't even need to have read the source material to see the multitude of issues this adaption has.

This is probably one of the few instances where I'll take the LN readers for their word when they say that the LN is actually vastly superior to what we got in the anime adaption. It's kinda hard not to after sitting through this mess.
Matsuoka Yoshitsugu has hardly any range as a voice actor, and is grossly over-cast.

Yeah. I said it.
Jan 8, 2016 11:33 PM

Jun 2011
As I have feared, this is yet another rushed LN adaptation. The important moments have zero impact at all on me as a viewer, it was so rushed that I have trouble understanding the characters.

I did say that the dynamic between the characters was interesting, but soon after, directly after the first episode actually, the characters and their interaction have turned generic, that the entire time I was watching the show, the characters don't act in-character. They had more characters in them before, but reduced to just another girl who's in trouble, who's gonna be saved by the protagonist, and who's gonna join the protagonist's harem. Not a shred of what I liked from them before have left.

Looked forward to this series when it was announced, but throughout watching it, I couldn't wait to get over with it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 11, 2016 3:44 PM

Jun 2013
This was good but could've been better. The story is interesting and the character were okay. But the show felt incredibly rushed. The ending didn't even make sense because I thought he was going to sacrifice himself or something. At least the seemed satisfying enough. 7/10
Jan 11, 2016 11:15 PM
Feb 2014
So was Haunted not supposed to be in that final battle?
Jan 18, 2016 11:01 AM
Jul 2018
Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai is a ripoff of Code Geass. Haunted is like Mao while Mari-kun is to C2. Kusanagi is Lelouch because he takes care of his little sister. Kyouya is like Suzaku because they are both rivals, Ouka is like Shirley Fenette and Flay Allster. I'm saying this because 2010s anime are ripoffs of 2000s animes.
Jan 19, 2016 3:27 AM

Mar 2015
Uhh... this anime is so disappointing I have to put episode 12 on hold till now.

It was so fast paced and everything after episode 5 baffles me. I give this anime 5/10 for Mari, because she exist in this anime. Other than that it's just a disappointment.

Jan 28, 2016 9:19 AM

Jun 2014
that necromancer was so freaking annoying
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2016 4:17 AM

Sep 2013
Very underwhelming. Cant really of think of anything I liked about this anime.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Mar 3, 2016 10:24 AM

Oct 2013
I love Ouka in Witch hunter form finally she made a contract with her relic eater, but Takeru's God hunter form is even better. The only thing that grossed me out is the "thing" that came out from Kiseki's body like ewwww wtf was that tho.

Pretty good series, i wouldn't mind for a 2nd season. I ship Takeru x Ikaruga, i love the way she tease him, they'd make a perfect couple tbh. but the first season ended up with Harem ending.

Overall score 7/10, could've been better with story line
Mar 5, 2016 11:17 PM

Jun 2014
I enjoyed this show quite a bit dispite the obvious rush. It's obvious it wont get a season 2. which is a shame, cause with more time this show could have been much better.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 13, 2016 12:58 AM

Apr 2016
It's not special in any way, but I liked to watch the whole series overall
May 16, 2016 2:08 PM
Dec 2012
The most underrated anime this year. I have no idea why it's lower than Gakuen Asterisk and Rakudai when it's superior to both of them. The myanimelist score doesn't reflect the greatness of the anime. I will give it a low 8 since it's better than a lot of anime in the last 5 years .
Jun 29, 2016 1:42 AM
Aug 2012
Anime kept me quite entertained. Giving it a 8/10. Could have been 24 episodes though.
Jul 28, 2016 4:31 AM

Oct 2015
Felt about the same as the generic series can come these days. Or idk, maybe it was just a tiny bit different.

Anyways an okay watch I guess. 5/10
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Aug 22, 2016 8:40 AM

Oct 2012
If you guys liked the fight scene song here is a remix I did of it
https://soundcloud.com/cra0kalo/electro-master
CG Artist 3D Animator
---------------------------------------------------
http://twitter.com/cra0kalo
http://cra0kalo.com

Dec 13, 2016 10:58 AM
Dec 2016
i dont get it how did the (MC) lose his humanity in order to gain power but still the same person!!!!??? without any single changeeeeeeee
Dec 13, 2016 11:04 AM
Dec 2016
Knightzomegaz said:
WTF was this retarded ending

"While I'm still myself" - just wtf is this

Turn to "God-hunt" mode just to pull your sister out of the "shell" wtf

God-hunt = just 'slightly' better than Witch hunt or our mc is just too noob to rekt the Nekro
the sales wasn't fair-well that there is no season 2
IT'S CANCELLED
Jan 12, 2017 2:28 AM

Dec 2012
Takeru finally kissed the little girl.

As long as Takeru ends up with Ikaruga (and Usagi for his harem) then I'm good.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
May 18, 2017 9:16 PM

May 2015
In general, it was... entertaining, but the ending was not as amusing as I expected, though a second season, if made well, wouldn't be a bad idea because there were too many question left unanswered for example did they brainwashed Kanaria? Did Haunted kick the bucket (please someone tell me that this a$$hole is dead)? What is the agenda of the Alchemist branch? Also, Takeru's dad(?) and Suginami's "daughter", Kanaria where both present in the battle/war, episode... yet they didn't meet each other. Da' hell!

The story and character development was pretty good and the mc was awesome, just a shame that the CGI in the final episode made some of the fight scenes look like sh*t. Overall a nice anime!
May 25, 2017 9:44 PM

Apr 2011
this show felt rushed since the very first episode, they really wanted to fit the arc of each girl into 12 episodes so we got that big mess. It's kinda disappointed cuz it felt like it would have been an interesting story.
Mar 4, 2018 4:43 AM
Feb 2018
Oh....my.....gosh literally the most BIGGEST cliff hanger at the end of the episode if I have ever seen one man I mean like hot dang a second season is bound to happen! At this point it pretty much needs to happen like wtf. Also questions there are so many and I mean sooo many questions that need to get answered I'm quite confused, Also if takeru really lost his humanity like the anime said they could show that in the second season they dont have to show how his humanity was lost on the last episode and even if it did itll only serve to make the cliff hanger even bigger soooo ye know..but anyway a second season? Heck yes
AnimeManTyMar 4, 2018 4:51 AM
Nov 3, 2018 2:36 PM

May 2015
this couldve been great i liked every girl the art for me looks great the story was quite generic which i didnt mind it lacked something i cant express . . .
the presentation of relic eaters were lame. . i dont know how it looked/expressed in the novel but thats one downfall
such a shame :/
Oct 29, 2019 3:42 PM

Nov 2013
It could have been a lot better, but I like it.

Ouka's full transformation was pretty cool.

The headmaster is still a damn creep. But at least they have prevented the worst for now.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Dec 1, 2019 2:25 PM

Apr 2014
What an unfinished and unsatisfied ending. Disgusting. If manga exist then I gotta continue with it.
Apr 3, 2020 1:00 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Poor story and average characters, 4/10
Apr 4, 2020 6:18 AM

Jun 2017
Meh, here I was, hoping that this would be the same as Rakudai Kishi because that dumb stupid recommendation from an article I read that says that this was somehow like Rakudai Kishi, but damn, that was really a dumb article. The anime wasn't so bad, but I was hoping he'd select girl at the end but he didn't, what a waste. Anyway, if I'm being kind, I'll give this one a 7/10, and man this finale felt so rushed.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Apr 7, 2020 7:09 AM
Jan 2019
Ok, so is there anywhere to see/read the rest of the story in English? I'm mainly interested to see the rest of the story with Ikaruga and Kanaria.
Apr 12, 2020 11:46 AM
Aug 2013
sportscardude said:
Ok, so is there anywhere to see/read the rest of the story in English? I'm mainly interested to see the rest of the story with Ikaruga and Kanaria.

krytykal org, he translated like almost all of them
Apr 12, 2020 12:40 PM
Jan 2019
leonnes said:
sportscardude said:

krytykal org, he translated like almost all of them

Awesome, thanks!
Dec 1, 2020 12:28 PM
Nov 2020
I didn't expect the kiss hehe
Mar 7, 2021 3:46 PM
Dec 2020
ummmmmmmm. Whaaaaht! i knew that chairman was effin old.
huh? could this be an ad for the original thang.

anyway, i love you too Cliffhanger-san.
Sep 20, 2021 7:58 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I liked it, but I would have much prefered an ending with a bit more sense of closure, maybe a 13th episode.
Nov 1, 2021 6:55 PM

May 2020
This ending seems very normal. Finally they keep the imouto save but just that staring at the sky then end. They didn't show the epilogue or something. I watch this just for the characters.
Jan 15, 2022 3:06 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Lapis scene was my favorite tbh, it was meaningful and I loved the OST, had me going on a hunt for it:https://youtu.be/vQiJCT6Vln0
The OST surprised me a lot, I m going to ddl it definitly, it is perhaps the best part of the anime (along with OPED), the other would be the main heroines, most of them get arcs that do them nicely, sadely after them they kinda lose their shine a bit again.

As for Lapis, I really digged that scene here, but it seems her true development is yet to come, but I would say she is my favorite nonetheless because I find her the most interesting and mysterious, and I like her design and VA.

I like the fact the writter has some bold ways he takes the plot with, on these arcs, and further in the LN from what I searched, but for the most part the execution of those falls a bit to average, the villains dont help and the lore is a bit confusing, had to do a search on wiki.

My first impression of the animne was bad, same for Ouka, I still find her the weakest of the harem, but really there were some highlights mixed through the episodes that made them stand out more to me.

The MC has potential to develop even more, I do like the direction with this last arc, it is something you dont see most stories doing, yet here the writter had balls to do it.

I m definitly going to pick the LN because I m very interested in following some of these characters, and seeing some teases from the LN, I would say it breaks away from the norm, in a way reminds me of Owari no Seraph LNs, and that is to say, it is something you pick it up, and are surprised by how opprossive and bleak the narrative can get.

7.6/10 = 8

Being a bit genereous, was definitly at 6-7 midday, but not bad at all.
PlaycoolJan 15, 2022 3:16 PM
Jul 26, 2022 12:43 PM
Dec 2021
good. I loved the blond guy, he was hot.
Nov 15, 2023 3:51 PM

Dec 2022
The ending felt a little cheap. Kiseki was rescued too easily, and I thought a battle between her and Takeru would've been more fitting than Haunted ineffectively intercepting Takeru.

Overall it's definitely a quality series. Both the main character and the heroines were multidimensional and capable of delivering entertaining, witty dialogue without being overly reliant on something like parody or fourth wall breaking. The soundtrack was electrifying, and the visuals were up to par. Its main issue was the extremely speedy, inconsistent pacing throughout, which did detract from the plot on occasion.

I'd imagine the LN takes its time a bit more, so maybe I'll check it out in the future.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 25, 2:23 PM
Jan 2024
Eh a show begging for a longer set of episodes. if pacing was done better then the anime would probably have been higher rated for me personally. Not a show i will actively recommend.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2015

85 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2015

83 by Datlon »»
Jan 24, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2015

136 by GavrocheN7 »»
Dec 22, 2023 3:53 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2015

103 by Starimaa »»
Dec 1, 2023 10:46 PM

Poll: » Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2015

76 by Archean-Return »»
Nov 15, 2023 3:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.