Forum Settings
Forums

Isis teenage 'poster girl' Samra Kesinovic 'beaten to death' as she tried to flee the group

New
Nov 25, 2015 8:53 AM

Nov 2009
A teenage girl who ran away from her Vienna home to join Isis in Syria has reportedly been beaten to death by the group after trying to escape.

Samra Kesinovic, 17, travelled to Syria last year with her friend Sabina Selimovic, 15.

The two became a 'poster girl' for Isis, also known as Islamic State, appearing on social media websites in images showing them carrying Kalashnikovs and surrounded by armed men.

But by October that year there were reports quoting friends of the two women saying Ms Kesinovic had been sickened by the killings she witnessed and wanted to come home.

According to local Austrian media Ms Kesinovic was murdered by the group as she tried to flee the Isis stronghold of Raqqa.

One report quotes an "insider", an unnamed Tunisian woman who reportedly also travelled to Syria to join Isis lived with the two girls while in Raqqa, but later returned home.

The Austrian foreign and interiror ministries declined to confirm the reports.

A report last year by David Scharia, a UN counter-terrorism expert, that a 15-year-old girl of Bosnian origin from Austria who had joined Isis had "disappeared" is now thought to refer to Ms Kesinovic.

Mr Scharia said: "We received information just recently about two 15-year-old girls, of Bosnian origin, who left Austria, where they had been living in recent years ...one was killed in the fighting in Syria, the other has disappeared."

Both Ms Kesinovic and Ms Selimovic were children of Bosnian refugees who fled to Austria in the nineties to escape the war in their country.

In April 2014 the two travelled, via Turkey, to Syria where it is believed they both married Jihadists.

The Austrian authorities have accused a Vienna-based Bosnian Islamic preacher known as Abu Tejda - named as Mirsad O under Austrian privacy laws - of recruiting the woman.

He denies the accusation.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/isis-teenage-poster-girl-samra-kesinovic-beaten-to-death-by-group-as-she-tried-to-flee-killings-a6747801.html
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So . . . Any surprise here? Hard to feel bad for people who join ISIS cause they think it will be "cool" only to find out it isn't.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 25, 2015 8:58 AM

Aug 2012
Well, she knew that it will happen to her when she went there anyway. I mean, who wouldn't?
Nov 25, 2015 9:04 AM

Mar 2015
While it's true that this happened as a direct consequence of her (poor) decisions, I'm sure she went through more suffering than she deserved as things neared the end.

I'm sure it wasn't just beatings, knowing those "people" in ISIS.

*sigh*

RIP Ms. Kesinovic, for what it's worth...
Nov 25, 2015 9:08 AM

Nov 2015
This is why you choose the Quran before you choose anything else. Damn all these teenagers looking for escapism in the worst place possible.
Nov 25, 2015 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
fucking morons tbh
How can they see what's on TV and still make the decision to go abroad only to be sickened by the killings lmao, which was plastered on the media.

Nov 25, 2015 9:13 AM

Jun 2008
Absolutely nothing of value was lost.

I will share zero mercy or empathy and I'm glad this happened as it will server as a deterrent (HOPEFULLY) to any other retarded westerner.
Nov 25, 2015 9:21 AM

Jun 2008
Zeally said:
fucking morons tbh
How can they see what's on TV and still make the decision to go abroad only to be sickened by the killings lmao, which was plastered on the media.

Silly sheltered immature people with no idea of life looking for escapism. That is how this shit happens.
She probably thought it will be like watching a Hollywood movie and reality hit back hard. Things always seem kind of cool from your couch. She should have learned how to separate fantasies and reality.
Nov 25, 2015 9:23 AM

Nov 2008
Traitors paying the price for joining terror groups, fine by me. America got the other girl and she would've been wiped out as well except by the Russian Hind bombing runs.

The preacher needs to be investigated though and if a link is discovered, he needs to be tried for treason.

Nov 25, 2015 9:29 AM
Jan 2014
What did she expect exactly ... That's literally all they do online, post videos showing how to kill people in the most brutal way possible.
Nov 25, 2015 10:33 AM

Jan 2009
I hope their Actions won't plunge Austria into Chaos again like a certain Bosnian Serb already did; that would be the biggest Irony on History ever. I mean, first some Bosnians and Serbs and other Nationalities on the Balkan demanded their Independence, so they got them after inciting WW1.

Almost one hundred Years later, more and more People got the Idea that living in the Balkans is worse than living in Austria, so they moved there. But even that doesn't seem to be enough for some People, so they want to have the "Thrill" of being with the bad Guys.

Please, someone explain the Reason behind such Actions. Don't Bosnians have their own Home Country they could return to if they don't like it here? Can't they still live in Austria or any other EU Country and choose the one fitting for them, which accepts them? Was there any Problem with retaining their Culture or whatever as long as it didn't go against the Laws? Weren't there enough Possibilities or Works for Diversification and/or Fantasies?
I really can't find the Logic behind such Actions.
Nov 25, 2015 10:40 AM

Mar 2015
Noboru said:
Please, someone explain the Reason behind such Actions.

They were 15 and 16 years old at the time. When I was that age, anything could sway me.

And I'm sure the preacher who recruited them made it all seem like a very sweet deal. Talkers tend to be very good at what they do.
Nov 25, 2015 10:40 AM

Mar 2014
Cool

It's hard for me to feel sorry for them
Comic_SansNov 25, 2015 10:57 AM
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 25, 2015 10:43 AM

Jan 2015
I'm shedding crocodile tears.
Nov 25, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2013
So they volenterally went over to be sex slaves and help ISIS, I'm finding it hard to sympathize when IS kill so many who don't go seeking it out.
Nov 25, 2015 10:50 AM

Jan 2011
Good.
Nov 25, 2015 10:51 AM

May 2014
And nothing of value was lost.
Nov 25, 2015 10:55 AM

May 2014
Maybe she was an idiot but its still sad since she realized her mistake when it was too late.
I've been here way too long...
Nov 25, 2015 11:29 AM

Jan 2009
Congress said:
They were 15 and 16 years old at the time. When I was that age, anything could sway me.
With 14, you're already old enough to be legally responsible for your own Actions. One Austrian, a 14 Years old Boy, was even charged with Prison for plotting a Terror Attack:

https://news.yahoo.com/austrian-14-old-jailed-terrorism-charges-100516593.html

Alexspier said:
And nothing of value was lost.
Except the Value of a lost Human Life. She might not have any Value to any User here, but to her Family and those, who have known her, most likely, yes.

TheConquerer said:
Maybe she was an idiot but its still sad since she realized her mistake when it was too late.
Ultimately, this is what it comes to. One Thing I hope that this will be a Lesson for all those edgy, little Girlies trying to run away from Home to join dangerous Organizations.
Nov 25, 2015 12:11 PM

Aug 2013
Noboru said:

TheConquerer said:
Ultimately, this is what it comes to. One Thing I hope that this will be a Lesson for all those edgy, little Girlies trying to run away from Home to join dangerous Organizations.

The difference is these girls know what ISIS do to people and they were not only cool with it but wanted to go join and help them kill gay people, families, children. Nah I can't bring myself to summon sympathy I mean there's been ignorant of things then there's just been evil.
Nov 25, 2015 12:12 PM

Sep 2013
AND1CURRYTAPE said:
This is why you choose the Bible before you choose anything else.

FTFY
Nov 25, 2015 12:45 PM

Jan 2009
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Nah I can't bring myself to summon sympathy I mean there's been ignorant of things then there's just been evil.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't have any Sympathies for those Girls as well. But I can still find it sad that despite her late Realization, one of them hasn't managed to come back alive.

I won't congratulate them for their Stupidity. However, I won't condemn their Actions as long as they weren't involved in Things that would harm others.
Nov 25, 2015 12:54 PM

Jun 2008
Pacifica_Ocean said:
Noboru said:

The difference is these girls know what ISIS do to people and they were not only cool with it but wanted to go join and help them kill gay people, families, children. Nah I can't bring myself to summon sympathy I mean there's been ignorant of things then there's just been evil.

It the same things with highly dangerous addicting drugs just more extreme. People know that they ain't no good but they still try the shit and end up being druggies.
Nov 25, 2015 12:56 PM

Sep 2012
The white knight is so strong, we need to protect voluntary ISIS affiliated women.
Nov 25, 2015 12:58 PM

Nov 2015
at least they had regret their choice.
INTP (Ne)

A hound, begging for scraps at the emperor's table

Nov 25, 2015 1:26 PM

May 2014
Sie malten sich ein Leben aus, in dem sie gut umsorgt wären, sich um Mann, Kinder und Haushalt kümmern würden. In diesem Glauben schrieben sie die Abschiedsbriefe an ihre Eltern: "Sucht nicht nach uns. Wir werden Allah dienen - und für ihn sterben, wenn er es verlangt." Kurz nach ihrem Verschwinden nahm Samra Kontakt zu ihrer zwei Jahre älteren Schwester auf. Die Stimmung war bereits eine deutlich andere: "Niemand soll nach Syrien kommen. Es ist sehr gefährlich hier. Wir müssen fast jede Nacht unsere Unterkünfte wechseln, ziehen von einem Ort zum anderen, dauernd fliegen Gewehrkugeln an uns vorbei."

Bereits im Dezember letzten Jahres kursierten Gerüchte um Sabina Tod. Sie soll bei Gefechten an der syrischen Grenze ums Leben gekommen sein. Nun ist offenbar auch Samra tot. Laut "bild.de" soll das Mädchen zuletzt mit mehreren Frauen in einem Haus gewohnt und ein Kind zur Welt gebracht haben. Als sie versuchte, aus Raqqa zu fliehen und sich aus den Fängen des IS (Daesh) zu befreien, soll sie erschlagen worden sein. Mit einem Hammer.

=/

She was beaten to death with a hammer. Regardless of her actions, no one deserves to die like that.

Nov 25, 2015 1:35 PM

Aug 2013
Noboru said:
I won't condemn their Actions as long as they weren't involved in Things that would harm others.

Except for making it easier for other girls to fall into the same trap. They were poster girls for the group, as in they helped with recruitment. They helped ISIS indoctrinate more young girls to become "wives" now they might not have deserved it for sure, nobody really does but if you go looking for the devil you have to expect something horrible when you find him.
Nov 25, 2015 1:35 PM

Jan 2015
That's for not dying under The Cross
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 25, 2015 1:36 PM

Jan 2009
this teenagers really does not know the consequences of joining a terrorists group
Nov 25, 2015 1:45 PM
Mar 2015
That's horrible but I find it hard to feel very sorry for them considering they helped isis recruit people who murder, rape and kill others in horrible ways. I'm also pretty sure they researched the organization before actually joining and were just blinded by some stupid religious bullshit so they have nobody but themselves to blame.
Nov 25, 2015 1:47 PM

Apr 2012
Come on when i was 15-17 i would have enough common sense not to join some gang related groups; let alone flee overseas to fight for some widely known violent organization.

I was only a kid when 911 happened, and I had enough common sense to know al qaeda were bad people and no one could convince me otherwise.

Internet and information are prominent now. I don't care how sheltered you are. If you ain't from North Korea, you would probably have some knowledge of what's going on in the world especially the real big events. These teens are from Austria so obviously they aren't one of those exceptions.

Nov 25, 2015 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Paella_ said:
That's for not dying under The Cross

Ave Maria Ave Maria, Deus Vult.
Nov 25, 2015 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
TheShepherd said:
Except for making it easier for other girls to fall into the same trap. They were poster girls for the group, as in they helped with recruitment.
Helping with Recruitment is not the same as helping with a Terror Attack. After all, it's their Risk to join or not. And actually, hearing about the Horror Stories in the News is what could make it harder for other Girls to not fall into the same Trap.
Nov 25, 2015 2:04 PM

Sep 2009
The Austrian foreign and interiror ministries declined to confirm the reports.

Anyhow, whether they knew what they were doing or not, unfortunate things happen all the time. Murphy's law applies to the entire world.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Nov 25, 2015 2:17 PM
Apr 2014
She was probably inspired by Anime to join ISIS.
"Chinese cartoons was a mistake"

Hayao Miyazaki
Nov 25, 2015 2:20 PM

Feb 2015
Hard to feel sorry for anyone who voluntarily joins a group of crazy extremists.
Nov 25, 2015 3:07 PM
Aug 2015
I'm not about to feel bad for anyone that willingly joins ISIS.

She got what she deserved in the end.

Also typically Pacifica does a better job of summing this stuff up:

TheShepherd said:

Except for making it easier for other girls to fall into the same trap. They were poster girls for the group, as in they helped with recruitment. They helped ISIS indoctrinate more young girls to become "wives".
Nov 25, 2015 3:49 PM
Jul 2018
lel
Nov 25, 2015 3:51 PM

Jun 2014
Bryance said:
Deserved? Yes she was very stupid, but nobody (except those ISIS members) deserves such an atrocious death.
Nov 25, 2015 4:16 PM

Jun 2008
Agafin said:
Bryance said:
Deserved? Yes she was very stupid, but nobody (except those ISIS members) deserves such an atrocious death.

-_- Emm....you do realize she also was an ISIS member right?
Nov 25, 2015 4:47 PM

Jul 2015
yes join a group of fanatics who were prone to acts of violence and abuse especially against women
brilliant
Nov 25, 2015 4:54 PM

Jun 2015
she deserved it.
Nov 25, 2015 5:12 PM

Jul 2013
JustALEX said:
Absolutely nothing of value was lost.

I will share zero mercy or empathy and I'm glad this happened as it will server as a deterrent (HOPEFULLY) to any other retarded westerner.
I totally agree
Nov 25, 2015 5:15 PM

Jan 2012
ichii_1 said:
AND1CURRYTAPE said:
This is why you choose the Bible before you choose anything else.

FTFY

lol

Nov 25, 2015 5:20 PM

Mar 2008
Well I feel bad she was beaten to death but she was supporting an unjust cause so I cant feel as sorry as if it was someone else.
Nov 25, 2015 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
It's tragic that she had to die but she made the decision herself. I only hope that her death will serve as a warning to all the other women out there who are thinking about joining ISIS.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Nov 25, 2015 8:38 PM

Sep 2011
Well at least she set an example what happens to the retards that joins ISIS.
No way to recall
What it was that you had said to me
Like I care at all
But it was so loud
And you sure could yell
You took a stand on every little thing
And it was so loud
Nov 26, 2015 4:53 AM

Mar 2015

I am muslim, but i can't stop it.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 26, 2015 7:21 AM

Apr 2013
Well if she was an adult I wouldn't really be sad for this, but those two were still just children. Children are more easily influenced. And that kind of terrorist group is very good at influencing even adult to begin with.
So yeah, that's sad. Let's hope that news will make thing twice some other peoples about joining.
Nov 26, 2015 9:01 AM
May 2015
traed said:
Well I feel bad she was beaten to death but she was supporting an unjust cause so I cant feel as sorry as if it was someone else.
Nov 26, 2015 10:01 AM

Jan 2014
That's unfortunate, but such is the fate of stupidity.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.